2450 NE Sandy Blvd., Portland, OR 97232 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 3
  • Deals 1
  • Meet the Team

About Dream Cakes

Cake Dreams is a wedding bakery in Portland, Oregon, initially established in 1994 by cake artist Judy Reese. Before retiring in 2014, Judy trained lead cake decorator Johannah in the bakery’s style and ethos, continuing their reputation for beautifully crafted cakes. Working alongside nearly-weds, the bakery strives to produce high-quality baked goods that encompass the couple’s vision for their wedding. Using locally sourced ingredients and highly skilled techniques, these bakers bake delicious and elegant cakes that will surely leave couples in awe.

Dream Cakes creates custom-made wedding cakes for couples getting married. Every detail of the cake is fully customizable, allowing to-be-weds to choose from an assortment of flavors and fillings to complement their sweet tooth. Flavors like carrot, dark chocolate, and coconut butter are some of the bakery’s popular options. Couples can also embellish their wedding cakes with fresh fruit and frosting or make dietary adjustments to suit their vegan or gluten-free lifestyles.

• Hispanic or Latinx-owned

46 Reviews for Dream Cakes

• Jojoe

Jojoe N. · Married on 02/08/2020

A Work of Art

My wife and I were very pleased with the cake that Johanna made for us! Not only did the cake taste wonderful, but it looked so good that it was simply a work of art. We felt that we couldn't eat it because it was so pretty.

Aside from the wonderful cake we had, Johanna did a great job when she met with us to go over the details of the cake to learn what we wanted.

We would highly recommned Dream Cakes for your wedding cake -- you won't be disappointed at all!

Sent on 03/29/2020

Dream Cakes's reply:

It was such an honor and my pleasure to be a part of your day! Thank you for choosing Dream Cakes! We look forward to making cakes for all your future celebrations! CHEERS!

Jenn · Married on 12/31/2019

Delicious!

Johannah was able to work with our desire to have a "couples cake" that was a small 7" round for our cutting ceremony. We stuck with a very simple design to compliment our dessert table, and she made it absolutely beautiful and SO delicious. Her tasting was also a really easy process, one that we really enjoyed. She provided 3 small cakes to take home and try without the awkwardness of someone staring at you while you judge their work. I would recommend her bakery to anyone for any occasion, and will definitely be back for my next cake-need! (In case you feel like drooling, she's on Instagram - @dreamcakespdx)

Sent on 02/05/2020

Dream Cakes's reply:

Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day! We look forward to fulfilling all your cake needs. CHEERS! xo.

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Dream Cakes Pricing

Dream Cakes Price Rates

Dream Cakes FAQ

$ 10
    $ 12
  • What services do your prices include?
    Consultation
    Custom Cake Design
    Delivery
    Set Up
    Tastings - Private
  • What types of desserts do you provide?
    Cakes
    Cookies
    Dessert Buffet
    Fruit
    Groom's Cake
    Pastries
  • What services do you provide?
    Consultations
    Custom Design
    Delivery
    Setup
    Tastings - Private
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate?
    Gluten Free
    Lactose Free
    Nut Free
    Vegan
  • What special ingredients do you use?
    Fresh Fruit
    Local
  • Are you licensed by the state health department?

3 Real Weddings

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Dream Cakes 1
    MILITARY & FIRST RESPONDER

We offer 10% off cakes for all military personnel & first responders as a way of saying "thank you" for your services.

Team of Dream Cakes

Jojo

Jojo

owner

I'm originally from Reno, Nevada where at age four, I baked her first batch of cookies with my great-grandma. In 2008, I moved to Portland with my bestie and attended Oregon Culinary Institute where I graduated with degrees in both the baking and culinary programs. Since graduating, I has worked in and helped open several bakeries in the PNW before purchasing Dream Cakes. I believe cake is more than just a creative outlet, it’s my contribution to society. Cake plays a major role in our special memories, so for Pete’s sake don’t skip the cake, as my grandma would say!

+ More Details
- Less Details

• NW Event Rentals Wedding Rentals

Johannah makes some of the best cakes in town! We recommend Dream Cakes to all of our clients still in need of a great tasting and beautiful cake. You won't be disappointed!

• Ginger and You Events
    Ginger and You Events Wedding Planners

I love when my clients tell me they are working with Johannah! Dream Cakes are some of the best in our Portland Industry. Not only is their cake melt-in-your-mouth-amazingness, their designs and ability to accomplish difficult embellishments is incredible. Your guests will enjoy seeing a work of art and be even happier when they are eating it! Johannah is also incredibly kind and sweet, wonderful to work with and communicate with. She brings next-level-moisture to the world of cake - you will be ecstatic to have her cakes!

• NW Events and Environments Banquet Halls

We met Johanna a little over a year ago when looking into cake designers to recommend to our clients. We fell in love with her sweet personality and great tasting sweets! She has many options to choose from and strives to design a cake that fits perfectly with the theme of the event. We recommend her to all of our brides who are still in search of their dream wedding cake. Johanna is amazing to work with-- you won't regret choosing Dream Cakes! -Jessica Gardner, Private Events Coordinator for NW Events and Environments

• 2450 NE Sandy Blvd. Portland, OR, 97232 See on map
    5032064148 (Phone number)
    By Appointment Only
    Location of (Dream Cakes)