Dream Cakes Reviews

Dream Cakes 4
Dream Cakes 5
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 08/18/2018

Cannot say enough good things about our experience with Dream Cakes. The quality of cake was impeccable, even our guests that don't like cake said it was amazing. If you're getting married in the PNW, this is the place to get your cake!!

• Eliana

Eliana · Married on 08/05/2018

A cake straight from your dreams!

Our cake was exceptionally delicious, immaculately beautiful, and a highlight of the evening for so many people. I've been told by more then one guest that our wedding cake was: hands down, the best cake they've ever eaten. It was an art piece in its own right, and such a special part of the affair. I would highly recommend Dream Cakes. They made this process easy, fun, and incredibly appetizing!

Dream Cakes 6

Caitlin · Married on 07/17/2018

Dream cakes met all of our expectations! Our cake was an absolute dream, we did strawberry cake with fresh strawberries inside. We had a small wedding so we had cake left over, we were eating the cake for breakfast it was that amazing! Thank you dream cales!

Dream Cakes 7
    Dream Cakes 8

Tenielle · Married on 06/30/2018

Wow! I am so impressed with Dream Cakes. I shared my vision with them and set a few photos and they created exactly what I pictured and beyond! I was very impressed with the communication this was one of the best things about working with them. They were incredibly responsive and helpful which made the planning process less stressful. She was patient with my millions of questions and created a delicious and beautiful cake. I highly recommend ordering from Dream Cakes!

Crista · Married on 12/31/2017

Johannah was absolutely amazing to work with. She makes a delicious cake, and on top of that has so much creativity and artistry in her work. We really did not give her a ton of guidance on what type of design we liked, we just told her we like modern looks, berries and some shine. The cake she delivered was above and beyond my imagination - she took the photos and ideas that we gave her and truly made them her own. Using our ideas and building off of them, creating something truly unique and beautiful. And yummy. Really Yummy! Thank you Dream Cakes!!!!

Dream Cakes 9

Sarah · Married on 07/08/2017

Johanna Zuniga and her talented team at Dream cakes created the wedding cake of my daughter's dreams. It was both extremely beautiful and delicious. There wasn't a scrap of cake left at the end of the evening , The Dream Cakes team is professional and filled with tons of incredible flavors and ideas. Working with them on the cake design was both easy and fun. I highly recommend them!

Krystal · Married on 07/07/2017

Johannah and the team at Dream Cakes were amazing! Not only did she make a beautiful cake but our guests keep saying how it was the best wedding cake they have ever eaten and we couldn't agree more!

Dream Cakes 10

Jessica · Married on 10/01/2016

I don't think there's a more appropriate name than Dream Cakes because the cakes that come from Johannah are seriously delicious and dreamy. We opted for two flavors of cake for our wedding day and people couldn't decide which flavor they liked more, they were both seriously THAT delicious. One of the flavors we had was a carrot cake with a toffee crunch center and it was hands down the best carrot cake I've had in my life. Johannah was kind, professional, and obviously a talented baker. We've now been married for over a month and I'm still getting compliments on how delicious our cake was. If you're looking for the most delicious wedding cake in the Portland area, you have to go to Dream Cakes!

Sent on 11/12/2016

Dream Cakes's reply:

Thanks so much! Happy to have been a part of your wedding day, please keep us in mind for any future cake needs. Thanks!

Martha · Married on 09/30/2016

BOOK DREAM CAKES for your wedding or any event! We met with many vendors and tasted a lot of cake but when we met with Johannah at Dream Cakes and tried a few samples.....we knew after the first bite. Rave reviews from ALL our guests. Johannah was a pleasure to work with and we never had a single doubt that the day of our daughter's wedding was going to be more special by her simply delicious cakes!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Thank you so much! It was an absolute pleasure for me too! <3
  • O

Olivia · Married on 07/23/2016

Johannah at Dreamcakes is not only an amazing baker she was a lot of fun to work with! All of our communication was very professional and she was great about reaching out and getting the details on track. She provided us with a wedding cake to feed about 125 people and our wedding favors! Both were amazing! Our cake was beautiful designed and delicious. Majority of our wedding guests told me that it was the best wedding cake they have ever had and Keep up the hard work Johannah! I loved working with you and would recommend her to anyone! Needless to say, I'm excited to order an anniversary cake!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Dream Cakes's reply:

Olivia, it was an absolute pleasure! I look forward to making your anniversary cake. Thank you so much for choosing Dream Cakes!

Menghan · Married on 07/22/2016

THESE CAKES ARE SO GOOD. Johannah and her team are a dream to work with. For the tasting you get three mini cakes to take home and enjoy at your leisure – no one breathing over your shoulder waiting for you to taste it. The prices are super reasonable, especially for the quality you’re getting. Johannah is super nice and really responsive via email. We coordinated everything over email since we’re from out of town, and the cake turned out beautifully. Everyone loved it, especially me; I’m still thinking about it. You can’t go wrong with Dream Cakes for your wedding cake!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Dream Cakes's reply:

Thanks so much for the wonderful review, it's always great to hear! We're honored to have been a part of your special day.

Kelsey · Married on 07/16/2016

Johannah did an amazing job! She was so great to work with, very personable, and super flexible - she made everything easy for us. She even matched the color of our cake to the exact turquoise color we used throughout the wedding. I highly recommend her and can't wait for our anniversary cake! :)

Caroline · Married on 07/03/2016

We were planning from out of state so we weren't able to do a tasting in advance but everything about the cake was great the day of our wedding. We had the chocolate cake with salted caramel filling as well as lemon curd with berries for the other layers.

Deborah · Married on 06/24/2016

We planned our wedding from Chicago and then San Francisco. It's kind of crazy to take a shot in the dark about wedding vendors, but we couldn't have been happier with our wedding cake from Johannah. She was very responsivve to emails. We went with dark chocolate with salted caramel and white cake with home-made lemon curd and fresh berry filling (two of the more popular options). I sent a few pictures of cake designs I liked, and when I showed up to the reception, and there was a beautiful wedding cake. And best of all, it was amazing. Our guests loved the cake and so did the bride and groom!

Johannah's cake was the most delicious and beautiful wedding cake I've ever had. Our guests just loved it. We had two flavors: dark chocolate with raspberry filling and white cake with lemon curd and fresh berries, and both were incredibly delicious. Johannah also made shortbread cookies as favors for guests, which were so cute and also very tasty--most guests ate them before dinner had begun and were asking for more! Johannah was great to work with, and was so helpful in working with me entirely by email (I was planning from a distance). I wasn't sure how it would work to order a cake without even trying the flavors, but I shouldn't have worried! The cake and cookies were beautiful and so delicious, and I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Ruth · Married on 01/22/2016

Dream Cakes was a part of our wedding package at Timberline Lodge and we could not have picked a better one ourselves! We were unable to do a tasting or meet in person before the wedding since we were coming from out of state so we coordinated through email and I mailed the ribbon. The cake was one of the best wedding cakes I have ever tasted and it was beautifully constructed! We got rave reviews about the look and taste, she captured exactly what we were looking for and we will be getting another one for one of our anniversaries! The only negative I can think of is there were so many delicious looking options for flavors it was hard to choose!!!

Kathleen · Married on 12/12/2015

In short, our cake was BEAUTIFUL, DELICIOUS, and everyone loved it! Johannah has it down! Her cakes are made from scratch with real butter, and the frosting is incredible. She can make buttercream frosting look so smooth that it looks like fondant, but tastes amazing. You'll have a hard time choosing flavors, as they are all wonderful, which is a good problem to have! She referred us to a company to make a custom cake topper which looked great as well. We tried a couple other places, but nobody came close to the taste of Johannah's cakes.

Sent on 12/15/2015

Dream Cakes's reply:

Thanks so much for the review, nothing makes me happier, than knowing that you were satisfied. Your cake was a real pleasure to make! Sincerest congrats to you both!
    Best,
    Dream Cakes
    Johannah

Johannah was wonderful to work with! She was prompt in all communication, gave us a fantastic tasting prior to booking, and most importantly, bakes absolutely delicious cakes! The design was beautiful--we had both a small cake and different flavors of cupcakes. The cake, fillings, and frostings are all so tasty, and our guests loved them! We had so many compliments on our desserts.

Megan · Married on 09/19/2015

Dream Cakes was exactly that...a Dream!!! The cake and cupcakes were delicious and Johannah was amazing to work with!!! She was sweet, friendly, and fun! Just the tasting will blow your mind!!! The buttercream was perfect and the cake was perfection.

Thank you so much for being an important detail in our wedding! We couldnt' have been happier!!!

Erika · Married on 08/27/2015

johanna from Dream Cakes was awesome from beginning to end. She worked with us on our "vision" & beautifully executed it!

Dana · Married on 08/15/2015

My daughter and fiance visited several vendors for cake tasting. Dream cakes were by far the most moist and tasty. Very creative flavors and filling options. Thank you, Johanna!

• Amy

Amy · Married on 06/14/2015

Johannah was soooo awesome! She was super accommodating to the flavors we wanted for our cake. We took in the ideas we wanted for our wedding cake and she helped us come up with the perfect style and type of cake for us! It turned out absolutely amazing! The cake look and tasted awesome! Thank you so much, Dream Cakes!

Erica · Married on 05/24/2015

We worked with Johannah at Dream Cakes for our wedding cake and it was a wonderful experience! Our cake was beautiful and was delicious, I wish we could have ordered a second one! Johannah was incredibly accommodating, she worked with me entirely through email as I was planning our wedding from a different state- her patience and expertise will forever be appreciated. I would be happy to recommend Dream Cakes to anyone looking for a local bakery for their next event!

Liz · Married on 10/07/2016

BEST WEDDING CAKE EVER! I'm serious, Johannah makes the most delicious cakes. When meeting for our consultation she provided us with 3 mini cakes of her most popular flavors, which we were able to taste and share over a pint of beer at our favorite brewery down the street. So fun! We ended up choosing a white butter cake with white buttercream and filled with fresh raspberries and lemon curd. It was not only delicious, but beautiful. Looking forward to ordering another cake from her for our 1st anniversary. :-)

Sent on 11/05/2016

Dream Cakes's reply:

So wonderful to hear! Thankful to have been a part of your wedding day!

Larizza · Married on 12/04/2015

Our wedding cake was phenomenal! Not only did Johannah take my vision and turn it into a reality, it tasted heavenly! Our cake was included with our wedding package but we met with Johannah prior to try flavors. We were instantly in love with the cakes... it was too hard to choose! All of her cake flavors and frostings tasted so delicious and decadent. We ended up choosing Red Velvet with Cream Cheese frosting and White Butter Cake with Lemon Curd. Our guests enjoyed every bite of it and I wish I had more of it! The design of our cake turned out even better than what I was expecting, which tells me that Johannah took the time to listen to my ideas. If I had any questions or thoughts through the process, I received a response promptly and clearly. She was very professional and provided very good customer service. I plan to go back to Dream Cakes for any future cakes and would highly recommend to everyone!

Sent on 02/18/2016

Dream Cakes's reply:

Thanks so much for the review! It was an absolute pleasure being a part of your wedding day, I look forward to making any celebrations cakes for you in the future! XO!