Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Douglas Adam Entertainment

Entertainer + Emcee + DJ = Douglas Adam

born to entertain… as the youngest in the family, my role was clear… make’em smile!

most people shy away from the term “people person”, but long ago i knew that that was my calling. i love to see people smile and most of my life that has translated into being on stage.

things i have learned as

• a husband – always believe what your partner tells you.
  • a father – your kids make you better and they are hilarious…. every day.
  • a son – time is short, live every second you can.
  • an entertainer – it is not your show, its the audience’s.

as a transplant from the city that never sleeps, the mid west has been a wild ride that I did not expect. from their obsession with college sports to the foods that i would not have dreamed into existence, i love that my path has brought me here…

Categories: Wedding DJ

Microphones (4)
Uplighting (3)
Consultation (2)
One Event Per Day (1)

Doug and Andrew make for an incredible team! Doug DJ'ed my sisters wedding a few years ago, so when I found myself planning my own wedding, booking Doug was my first and easiest decision. Doug made the process easy from beginning to end. He made our wedding day flow seamlessly from one thing to the next, and managed to adapt as need be on the fly. He made sure our glasses were always full, that everyone was having a good time, and that our wedding day was one to remember!

Profile Picture Taylor , 4/23/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Uplighting

When planning our wedding, my husband and I had a specific vision in mind for our DJ/Master of Ceremonies. We had been to a wedding in NYC that really impressed us, and we wanted to emulate that same concept for our wedding. Our wedding planners, Elegant Whims, recommended Doug. When we met with Doug the first time and explained our vision, he was completely on board. Doug made the planning process easy, had a detailed timeline for the day of, and was flexible to adjust as needed. He provided song suggestions when we needed them and, more importantly, told us what songs NOT to play. On the day of our wedding, Doug was completely professional and made the night so memorable. He kept the action going all night and read the crowd to play songs appropriately. Not only is Doug a fantastic DJ, he is a great guy too!! Thank you, Doug, for all you did to make our wedding day truly amazing.

Profile Picture Christi, 11/13/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Uplighting

As an event planner I have met and worked with many DJs. I can confidently say that Doug is a rare breed. He has a great personality and is incredibly personable. Two great traits that you want for the "heart" of your event. I can not stress enough how important it is to choose the right entertainer for your wedding. Doug is professional and has an amazing ability to read a crowd. He knows how to get the party started and how to keep it going. It sounds like a pretty simple task, but it is a very special skill. I have seen many individuals who claim to be DJs, but are basically just button pushers that have no business charging for their services. When my baby sister announced her engagement and tasked me with planning her event I immediately called Doug. It's that simple. Call Doug. You can check music off your list and rest knowing that you have the best. Boom, done.

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/10/15, 1 Review

24 Photos

A DJ's Life

24 Photos

7 ENDORSEMENTS
Doug is one of the best! No question about it. He takes charge, and keeps the party going. A great reception is only going to be great if the leader is great. I love how he lets everyone know when certain events are going to happen, (first dance, toasts...etc). With this mindset photographers and videographers are able to change lenses and setup lighting. When I know that Doug is going to be the DJ for the night, I know the reception is going to look awesome and is going to have a professional flow.

Doug is and has for a long time been one of my favorite people in this industry. I have confidence in everything he does from planning an event to executing it or DJ'ing it. Above all he is a quality human being that truly enjoys making your day better than you ever dreamed it would be!

If you want a rockin great party, Doug is your go to guy. Experienced, professional, a pleasure to work with.

Not only can Doug fill the dance floor, but he plays an integral role in ensuring your reception or event runs smoothly. He is a pleasure to work with and takes great pride in what he does!

When you hire Douglas Adam D.J. you are getting a true professional. He knows this business inside and out. He is always professional and ask what the client wants and then makes it excel beyond their dreams. Smiling with his bow tie on, he keeps the event flowing in a smooth fun way. No worries with this guys playing the tunes.

106 PROS I KNOW