Palmetto, Palmetto, FL 34221 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Deals 1
  • Events 10
  • Meet the Team

About DJ Stepchild

Based out of Palmetto, Florida, DJ Stepchild provides the soundtrack for clients’ weddings and other milestone events. Sean Brown is a passionate entertainer and US army Veteran with over 16 years of performance experience to his name. Throughout this time, this DJ has honed his craft and perfected a playing style that engages with guests and encourages them to dance all night. Putting your needs first, Sean can create a harmonious atmosphere in which unforgettable memories are forged.

DJ Stepchild works with you throughout the planning process to ensure that preparation and performance surpasses your expectations. This can include special announcements, introductions, specific song requests, and more. Whether you prefer the smooth tones of Frank Sinatra or the upbeat tempo of Drake, Sean’s expansive song list spans many genres and decades. On the day of your celebration, this disc jockey comes supplied with a state-of-the-art sound system, Dancing On A Cloud, uplighting options, and more!

• Black-owned

Videos 5 Videos

18 Reviews for DJ Stepchild

• Salina

Salina · Getting married on 12/10/2021

This DJ is so professional and will accommodate any needs you have I give him a number 1 experience

This DJ is one of the greatest and for all my brides who want accommodations and And Dj that will accommodate then then call him he will really work with you no matter what problems you may think you have he will make you at ease

Sent on 08/30/2020

DJ Stepchild's reply:

You guys are awesome and so much fun to work with! We clicked from the jump! So happy that everything you wanted worked out for you!

Gabrielle F. · Getting married on 05/14/2021

Very helpful

Very helpful, eager affordable

Sent on 11/11/2020

DJ Stepchild's reply:

Thank you so much for trusting me to be a part of your beautiful day! Everything was so nice! Wishing you guys the best!

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

DJ Stepchild FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?
    $ 700
  • What is included in the starting price?
    Travel Expenses
    Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 1200
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?
    Disco Ball
    Travel Expenses
  • What is the starting price for uplighting?
    $ 200
  • What music genres do you specialize in?
    Christian
    Oldies
    Pop
    R&B/Soul
    Top 40
  • What services do you offer?
    Do-Not-Play List
    One Event Per Day
  • What additional equipment do you offer?
    Disco Ball
    Uplighting

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• DJ Stepchild 1
    Military / First Responders

Active Duty and Veterans don't receive enough of our military discount anymore so I will always honor it for my brothers and sisters in arms.

10 Events

Southeastern Guide Dogs Walkathon

Mar 06, 2021 07:00 AM - 12:00 PM
      Nathan Benderson Park, Sarasota, Tampa

Bring your family, bring your dogs, bring your friends and bring your friends' dogs to our 2021 Walkathon!

This free, family-friendly event includes a 3K walk and a waggin' Tails Festival with live music, food, vendors and an exciting raffle drawing.

Walkathon is Southeastern Guide Dogs' largest fundraiser of the year and proceeds help us breed, raise, train, and match our amazing dogs with people with vision loss, veterans with disabilities, and children with significant challenges such as vision loss or the loss of a parent in the military.

To learn more about the life-changing mission of Southeastern Guide Dogs, visit Guidedogs.org.

Whether you raise funds for our mission or simply bring your dog to the Waggin' Tails Festival, we'll see you at Walkathon.

We are committed to creating safe and healthy experiences for all of our Walkathon participants, and should the need arise, we are prepared to modify each event to make it safe for everyone to enjoy the day. No matter how we walk, you'll still be eligible for all fundraising incentives and will have access to sponsors and vendors.

Private Wedding

Team of DJ Stepchild

Sean Brown

Sean Brown

Owner/Operator

I'm all energy. My loves in life are being a great dad, wonderful husband and one hell of a DJ/MC. I spent 7 years in the United States Army and injuries cut my time short but we make lemonade out of lemons!!

FUN FACT: While I was active duty I'm pretty sure I set the record on base for the amount of people inside of a home (125) during my infamous Whiteout houseparty.

Savannah, Georgia was home for a very long time. I sharpened my skills in those lowcountry venues and airwaves where I've been the voice or DJ of nearly every major sports team including The World Famous Savannah Bananas and lit up the turntables at Club 51 Degrees.

I believe every couple deserves their perfect wedding day and its my job to make it as stress free as possible. Just like State Farm, I even take calls at 2am for couples who have music questions or concerns.

I've experienced multiple cultures and worked weddings and receptions that go from mild to wild with music from nearly every genre. Its all about making it the day/night of your life and if your guest don't leave saying "Now THAT was an incredible party!" I haven't done my job. Check out some of my mixes below!

(Cultural Pledge: If I don't know your tradition that fits your wedding day needs, I will research it, study it, and have it mastered before the ink dries on your contract!)

+ More Details
- Less Details

• Palmetto Palmetto, FL, 34221 See on map
    941-541-1859 (Phone number)
    Flexible
    Location of (DJ Stepchild)