DJ Kash is South-Asian/American Wedding-DJ based in Raleigh, North Carolina, and has been serving the Triangle, and nearby cities-&-states since 2010, but it wasn't until 2019 when he created his WeddingWire profile to make himself more visible to the world. DJ Kash has worked with clients from all walks-of-life while successfully handling their multi-cultural, multi-genre, and fusion-style weddings (big-or-small) with 5-star Reviews! DJ Kash can work with all genres of music to create sets that cut across cultures, generations and all age groups. He LOVEs helping all his clients make lifelong memories with their loved-ones while mixing sets that cater to a wide age-group & fan-base.
Dropping everything from Bollywood/Bhangra, Top40, HipHop, Pop, EDM to BellyDance & AfroBeats etc..., DJ Kash can customize song lists, and create personalized mixes for you if needed. Mixing sets that cater to a wide age-group & fan-base, he can DJ Weddings with musical styles from all cultures and all genres of music. Please visit his website for full pricing details and to read reviews: ... www . djkashNC . com
- Past Weddings…
- All-American and/or Inter-Racial Weddings
- South-Asian-American Weddings
- Fusion-Desi-American Weddings
- South-Indian, Telugu, Tamil Weddings
- Pakistani-American Weddings
- Punjabi-American Weddings
- Nepalese & Bangladeshi Weddings
- Palestinian/Egyptian/Lebanese/Middle-Eastern Weddings & Events
- Punjabi groom + Latina bride
- Bengali groom + Moroccan bride
- Punjabi bride + African-American groom
- Pakistani groom + Caucasian bride (vice-versa)
- Indian groom + Caucasian bride (vice-versa)
- French + Moroccan couple
- Sudanese groom + Somali bride
- Korean groom + Indian bride (2021)
- Palestinian bride + Sudanese groom (2022)
- Somali bride + Pakistani groom (2022)
- Palestinian bride + Pakistani groom (2022)
- Guyanese bride + Pakistani groom (2022)
- Soca/Chutney Music, Trinidad & Tobago events
- Past Events…
- Corporate Events
- Alumni Events
- Holiday Parties
- School/College Dances
- Sweet16 / Saree Events
- Engagement Parties
- Color-Run / Holi Parties
- Diwali Parties
- Baby Showers / Goad-Bharaai Events
- Anniversaries (10th, 25th, 50th, and 60th Wedding Anniversary Parties).
- Birthday Parties (ages 1 to 100); Yes! I’ve done a Birthday Party for someone turning 100yr old. It was organized by his grand-kids.
- Dances for student organizations from universities like DUKE, UNC, and NC State to name a few…
- Bollywood Themed Mixers & NYE Parties
- Successfully hosted my own (yearly Bollywood-Themed-NYE-Parties) in ChapelHill, NC since 2015 before the covid-19 pandemic.
- Comfortable working with multiple-genres of music from… Bollywood, Bhangra/Punjabi(UK style), Telugu, Tamil, Top40, HipHop, AfroBeats, RnB, EDM, Reggae, Soca, Chutney, Mainstream Pop, Jazz, Country, Somali, Sudanese, Latin music, Persian & Middle-Eastern (Dabke / Bellydance / & Arabic Music) etc.
Your Events Customized…
- You can stay involved in the music-selection process (Spotify playlists are Welcome).
- I can do your introductions with specific walk-in songs per entry_(takes more work, but its possible).
- I can make MashUps or special-edits for your choreographed-dance-performances at a nominal to no additional cost.
- I can mix in multiple genres, take requests on the spot, read the crowd well, and do not play every song in its entirety before mixing it into the next one after a couple minutes of playing, so guests have no reason to leave he floor or get bored.
- I can make long-continuous-mixes even for the cocktail hour or general background music to be played throughout the event-duration.
- My goal is to always make smooth transitions, and I’m always upgrading my gear to better provide a great overall experience. Please visit his site for full details, www . djkashNC . com
Vendors you may like
See other vendors that are popular with couples right now
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?
What is included in the starting price?
What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?
What is the starting price for uplighting?
What music genres do you specialize in?
What services do you offer?
What additional equipment do you offer?
Any other questions?
ReviewsWrite a review
2 User photos
An incredible DJ for a fusion Sangeet night
Kashif is professional, fun, and can read a crowd and vibe incredibly well. He blended western music with Bollywood hits and for our Sangeet he played a live, mixed set which was DOPE. Everyone loved the music and would not get off the dance floor. Additionally, he was incredibly flexible- I had literally no direction for him (mostly because I trusted him) and he was able to accommodate last minute requests without complaints. And thank you Kashif, for encouraging me to keep the Dholi, because between the two of you, the event was more memorable than I could have imagined.
Kashif made the space beautiful with his uplighting, which was a welcome addition to his standard cost, and set up and tore down with no issue in a very busy downtown Raleigh venue. I would 100% use him again if I ever needed to. The music was phenomenal, bangers all night- and the talent was immense and clear. Thank you so much for making my wedding weekend so memorable!
Amazing! Five Stars
Our Pakistani wedding was mixed with amazing mash ups from American Pop, Bollywood / Punjabi hits and traditional Pakistani songs ....just as requested! Our family absolutely enjoyed every bit of the events. Kashif is extremely responsive and patient and will craft the perfect playlist and flow of events for your special day.
During the event, he kept the dance floor busy and everyone enjoyed his work. When I had some issues with wedding logistics at my end he quickly adjusted our timelines for a super smooth flow. This was probably the most remarkable thing I noticed about Dj Kash. When i was stressed he helped me keep the crowd busy and told me he would handle everything to ensure everything goes smoothly. And THAT made all the difference, he cared about the event just as much as we did! He truly made our night unforgettable and I cannot emphasize how polite, nice and accommodating he was. He made us feel SO comfortable and confident that we were going to have the best night of our life. and we sure did!
I highly recommend DJ Kash for your Pakistani Weddings and wish him all the best in his future endeavors. Thank you DJ Kash for your service and amazing energy!
Are you interested?
just a regular guy, who’s in it for music…
Hello, my name is Kashif (pronounced Kaa-Shif), but most people call me Kash. I was always a music-enthusiast since childhood, but since I grew up within a conservative South-Asian Immigrant Family Household, I was expected to conform, fit-in, and have a safe career just like all of my older siblings have. But, me being a misfit, and a weirdo :), I showed interest in pursuing music, which was a BIG ‘No’ in the eyes of my dad. Yup! good luck trying to imagine a South-Asian dad’s reaction to his son wanting to do music. 🙂 … He was upset because I was the only one going against the grain to pursue art, so I had to face a LOT of backlash, criticism & negativity for trying to do something that no one else had done in my family.
Music was always my escape from reality, and my curiosity behind learning the art of DJing was something that always helped me de-stress & deal with tough times. Before I started my journey as a DJ, I remember I was going through a rough patch in my life, struggling to find balance between my studies, work, and my social-life. It was year 2009, and I remember being buried under student-loans, and just way too overwhelmed by life. I was tired of trying to please everyone else by living the life ‘they’ expected me to live. I needed an escape from everything to focus on my mental-health, so I took a couple semesters off from my University after a heart-break, and started focusing more on doing things that made me happy; and that was the beginning of my journey in to becoming a DJ.
I bought my first DJ-gear from Amazon back in 2010, and started practicing with it. In the beginning, I was mostly doing this for fun to escape my depression, and for little to no money, but as word got around with time, I got better & better at it, and used the earnings to pay my way through college. Yes, I eventually went back to school & finished off my bachelors right before losing my dad to cancer in 2018. He was very happy to see his song graduate before he passed_(May he Rest In Peace! iA. Amen!).
I strongly believe we’re all a work-in-progress, age is just a number, and we’re all on our own timeline because we all handle adversity differently. I always treat people with respect & kindness, and life has surely opened many new doors, new experiences, and new opportunities for me along the way. As a wedding DJ, I’ve crossed paths with countless amazing people from all walks of life. The experiences have helped me grow as a person in so many ways, and I’ve developed more self-confidence along the way. I always strive to leave people with a positive experience after working with me!
It takes years of countless sleepless-nights before we become the masters of our craft, but there’s always room for improvement. Being a Wedding-DJ requires physical & mental work when planning-out each event in advance, but I enjoy this because this field has helped me keep my creativity alive, and I’d love to continue to offer my services for as long as people continue to want to book with me. If I hadn’t believed in myself to at least give this a try, I would’ve never known that I even had it in my to be able to do this on my own! Had I never started, I would’ve still been regretting & wishing about it. I’m grateful to have built all the experiences that this journey has brought me so far!
I find the following quotes super inspirational…
“By caring about the happiness of others, we find our own.” – Plato
“20 years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do.” – Mark Twain
If you’ve read this far, I hope you take something positive from this, and take a chance on yourself while you’re still young. It won’t be easy, but the process will help you learn a LOT along the way. I’m still a work-in-progress as most of us are in life, and we should never stop learning & growing! ~ Lastly, in the world full of uncertainties, let’s all continue to Stay Positive, Stay Blessed, Stay Safe, Be Kind, Spread Love, and Support our local small businesses. Thanks a lot for stopping by, and I hope to earn your trust, your business, and your friendship for many many years to come even after I pursue other ventures in life in the future! Looking forward to helping you celebrate very very soon!!! Have an awesome & blessed 2023 ahead!!!
Ready to Inquire about my availability? 🙂
Please visit: https://www.djkashNC.com/quote to fill out a simple form to help me understand your event-specific needs, and let’s get your date booked on my calendar soon! Much Love! – DJ Kash