David's Country Inn

314 Main Street, Hackettstown, NJ, NJ 07840 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 1

About David's Country Inn

David's Country Inn is a historic museum wedding venue based in Hackettstown, New Jersey. Built in 1840, the restored Victorian mansion has served as an inn for over 152 years. The venue has been owned and operated by the Falzarano family for 39 years. Booking only one wedding per day, they are dedicated to providing you with timeless elegance on your special day.

Facilities and Capacities

David's Country Inn can accommodate up to 200 guests. Their spacious, two-story ballroom can host an intimate affair or lavish celebration. With an art deco stained glass ceiling, crystal chandeliers, pressed tin walls, four fireplaces and art nouveau styling throughout the venue, the space offers a timeless atmosphere. For your cocktail hour, you can take advantage of the vintage setting of their polished 1700’s antique bar and baby grand piano. The venue has plenty of picturesque areas for your wedding photos, including ivy-covered walls, white columns and landscaped grounds abundant with flowers and a garden statuary.

With all-inclusive packages available, David's Country Inn can provide everything you need for your big day. Their event planning service will take the stress off of you. If you're dreaming of an outdoor ceremony, they can take care of all the arrangements for you to say “I do” at nearby Rutherford Hall. The venue also offers a number of event rentals to customize your day, including centerpieces, arches, chair covers and other decor. Additional services David's Country Inn has available include the following:

• Bridal suite
  • Shuttle
  • Valet
  • Wheelchair access

Cuisine

David's Country Inn offers in-house catering from their chef of over 25 years. American and Italian cuisine can be prepared. Hors d'oeuvres, buffet, stations and plated are a few serving styles they have available. The venue can also create several dessert options, including your wedding cake. Accommodations can be made to their cuisine based on various dietary requirements, such as:

• Gluten-free
  • Lactose-free
  • No pork
  • Nut-free
  • Organic
  • Vegan
  • Vegetarian

Other Services

A cash or open bar is available. Beverage options you and your guests can enjoy include premium liquor, specialty beer and house wine. Necessary food and beverage items can be supplied, including:

• Flatware
Kitchen area
Dressing area
Dressing area
David's country inn
On site ceremonies available.
On site ceremonies available.
Premium open bar included in all our packages.
Premium open bar included in all our packages.

• Real Weddings 13
  • 360º Virtual Tours 1

131 Reviews for David's Country Inn

David's Country Inn 1
David's Country Inn 2
David's Country Inn 3
David's Country Inn 4

Pauline · Getting married on 05/26/2019

My daughter's wedding was held at David's on 9/23/12. As the bride from 9/29 states, the service and the staff is wonderful as is the venue. Very pretty, different from the usual location. Both Chris and Jordan are easy to work with and have great ideas, too. We enjoyed putting wedding photos around, hired the pianist to play for the cocktail hour, really had a fun time that day. The main course was plentiful and very tasty. The cake and flowers for the table were very nicely done and fresh. People loved getting the flowers wrapped up as a favor as they left. My only suggestions are not to get the turkey meatballs or a carving station for the cocktail hour. The seafood items were fabulous as were bacon wrapped filets. Everyone had a lovely time and we are getting many compliments, esp from people who are used to typical halls and cookie cutter plates of food. They even let us bring in a plate of homemade greek and italian cookies for the tables which everyone loved. Thanks for a special day.

Jamie C · Married on 03/15/2019

A venue that puts FAMILY and PEOPLE first!

I cannot get over how perfect our wedding was at David’s Country Inn!

First of all, the place is BEAUTIFUL! They just did some renovations in February and the place looks even more STUNNING than before! Every room is breathtaking. A guest even told me that the upstairs women’s bathroom is the most beautiful bathroom they’ve ever seen-so beautiful that they had a mini instagram photo session in there!! Another guest told me the place looked like a Jane Austen novel. (I was so proud to hear this, because Pride and Prejudice is my favorite book of all time!) I had always wanted to get married in a place that was unique, beautiful, and historic. David’s was perfectly that place!

Here are some highlights of our wedding that I have to point out:

STAFF-My coordinator Dan was THE BEST! He answered every single email within 12 hours, and I sent a lot of emails! It may seem like a given, but communication is SO important during the planning process! He’s been in the business for over 40 years-the man knows exactly what he is doing and my goodness our wedding ran so smoothly because of him! He was very organized and had EVERYTHING under control so that my husband and I were able to relax during our wedding! We’re so grateful!

LAST MINUTE ACCOMMODATIONS-There was a big accident on the highway the day of our wedding. Our ceremony was supposed to begin at 4:30, but there were many empty seats at 4:25. Dan came up to me and my father (we were waiting in the balcony for our entrance) and told us that they were going to start the ceremony a bit later to accommodate the guests that were running late due to the traffic. I was so touched by this, because starting our ceremony later meant that the entire evening’s timeline would have to be pushed. This also meant that the staff at David’s would have to end their shifts later. I believe our wedding ended 18 minutes after scheduled time, but the entire staff serviced our wedding with such joy anyway.

So to the staff at David’s-from the bottom of my, my husband, and our entire family’s hearts, THANK YOU for doing this! Thank you for the GIFT of time. Many more people were able to join us for our ceremony because of this gracious act-THANK YOU!!

HEART-If the instance above weren’t enough to showcase the good hearted people of David’s, I have another story to tell. I was supposed to get married at David’s Country Inn in 2017, only to have the wedding tragically called off. This was an extremely heartbreaking time in my and my family’s lives. Not only was a relationship ended, a wedding that we were all looking forward to wasn’t going to happen anymore. Any other venue would have moved on, but this venue gave me a gracious offer-they told me they’d honor a portion of the payments that were put down if I wanted to get married in their venue before 2020. I cannot tell you how meaningful this was to me and my family. This offer was not about money for us-it was about the HUGE act of compassion and kindness that was extended towards us during such a tragic time. It was in this moment that I knew that this business was not built on money-it was built on FAMILY. I know that David’s Country Inn is a family owned business (David’s was founded by Louis J. Falzarano and wife Theodora over 40 years ago, and is now run by his two children, Chris and Jordan) and I know that some of the people who have been working there have been working there for DECADES-you rarely see that nowadays in the wedding industry! Let me say now-this is a group of people who keep FAMILY VALUES alive. They take care of one another and the families they work with. FAMILY is what makes them so special and REFRESHING in this crazy wedding business. This means EVERYTHING, and this is why this family business is so successful. This is why, at the end of the day, I will recommend David’s Country Inn to any and everybody!

Fast forward-I ended up meeting the love of my life, and we got married at David’s Country Inn in 2019. Everything that was meant to happen, happened...including me getting married there! I feel so incredibly blessed to have had my wedding at their venue. I sincerely pray that the staff at David’s will continue to be blessed with bountiful love, family, happiness, and that they will continue to keep their family values alive for years and years to come! Thank you David's Country Inn for the best wedding EVER!

David's Country Inn FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 844.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 844.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 35.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink
  • Describe your venue: Historic Building, Mansion, Museum
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Covered Outdoor
  • What event services do you offer? All Inclusive Packages, Bar Services, Cake, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Liquor, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer
  • What event items are available? Aisle Runners, Altar/Arch, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables
  • What months are included in your peak season? April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, March, December

Real Weddings

• Cherryville Photography
    Cherryville Photography Wedding Photographers

Absolutely amazing venue; truly one of my favorite to photograph at. They truly care about every wedding they host and do an amazing job. The venue itself is everything a wedding should be; it just radiates romance and love. Not only will you and your guests have an amazing time; your pictures will be STUNNING!

• Fantasy Productions DJ Entertainment
    Fantasy Productions DJ Entertainment Wedding DJs

We have been one of the recommended DJ companies at David's Country Inn since 1996. The Falzarano family really knows how to treat people like family because that is exactly what they have a true family run business. Not a lot of turn over with the staff (which tells you alot!), great atmosphere (hard to find better in NJ) and great food. If you are looking for a unique and beautiful place for your reception, check out this gem in beautiful Hackettstown. Speak with Chris or Jordan and they can tell you all you need to know about creating your perfect day!

• 314 Main Street Hackettstown, NJ, 07840 See on map