David's Country Inn Reviews

125 Reviews for David's Country Inn

1 User photo

David's Country Inn 1

Pauline · Getting married on 05/26/2019

My daughter's wedding was held at David's on 9/23/12. As the bride from 9/29 states, the service and the staff is wonderful as is the venue. Very pretty, different from the usual location. Both Chris and Jordan are easy to work with and have great ideas, too. We enjoyed putting wedding photos around, hired the pianist to play for the cocktail hour, really had a fun time that day. The main course was plentiful and very tasty. The cake and flowers for the table were very nicely done and fresh. People loved getting the flowers wrapped up as a favor as they left. My only suggestions are not to get the turkey meatballs or a carving station for the cocktail hour. The seafood items were fabulous as were bacon wrapped filets. Everyone had a lovely time and we are getting many compliments, esp from people who are used to typical halls and cookie cutter plates of food. They even let us bring in a plate of homemade greek and italian cookies for the tables which everyone loved. Thanks for a special day.

Caitlin · Married on 11/17/2018

An amazing experience

My husband and I got married at David's Country Inn on 11/17 and had the perfect day. We were lucky enough to work with Dan, who was amazing, responsive, and knowledgeable, and the entire team at David's clearly knows what they're doing (Debbie, Hannah, Lisa, and so many others did such a wonderful job!). The ladies and I got ready in the Warren Suite, and everyone was so impressed with the suite itself and the breakfast and lunch were delicious.

Every single person we spoke with, worked with, interacted with at David's was so pleasant. Our guests are still telling us how beautiful the venue was, how delicious the food was, how nice everyone was, and what a great time they had - I credit David's with making sure everything ran smoothly and successfully. I hope someone we know gets married there so we get to go back and experience it as guests! It was truly the best day.

Amanda · Married on 10/27/2018

Creating a family with a family

David's gives you the feel of being married at home with all near and dear around. They work tremendously hard to make sure everything goes perfect. From the day you secure your date they almost make you feel that you are there only wedding that year. They are dedicated, devoted, kind, and treat everyone like family. We could not have asked for anything, any place or anyone better that we would have started our lives with. So if you are reading this and want family feel to your whole day....then look no further!

Kimberly · Married on 10/26/2018

I just booked my wedding here for next October and it was the first place i looked. I easily fell in love with the charm and accommodations. Chris the owner took us around and showed (didn't try to sell us) the place and answered all of my questions no matter how silly. He was informative, funny and really made us feel like we were in great hands. I'm looking forward to working more with him and the staff this upcoming year.

M & C · Married on 09/23/2018

David's is the perfect wedding venue!

David's was the only venue we looked at. We were looking for something different than the typical NJ ballroom setting and as soon as we saw David's we knew it was the perfect venue. We worked with Debbie from start to finish and she was professional, organized, and always available to answer any questions or fulfill any requests that we had. On our wedding day, the Warren Suite was set up perfectly and was a beautiful and fun place to prepare for the day. David's is family owned and the entire staff treated us and our guests like we were part of the family. We have been told by all of our guests (and we agree) on numerous occasions since the wedding how much they loved the food and the atmosphere. We highly recommend David's!

Debi · Married on 05/19/2018

I had my wedding at David’s Country Inn in May 2018 and it was great! The whole process was smooth from start to finish. Dan was so helpful and very responsive. Everything went as planned and our guests loved the venue! It’s different than other venues we looked at which is why we fell in love. They exceeded our expectations! I’d recommend this venue to anyone!

Katie · Married on 05/12/2018

My husband, family, and I cannot say enough great things about David's Country Inn. Our first experience with them was when they catered my now sister-in-law's wedding at Jack's Barn a few years ago. We saw first hand how easy they were to work with and the food was outstanding. We decided to take an official look at the venue for our big day and our expectations were met above and beyond. They made everything so easy and were a pleasure to work with along the way. Planning a wedding is stressful at times and they were responsive and reassuring at every step. We rented the Warren Suite the morning of the wedding and ordered breakfast and lunch. It's such a beautiful and relaxing space to enjoy before the ceremony and reception - we highly recommend it. Our wedding day was perfect - from the ceremony and reception setup, to the food and drinks, flow of the day, and the service. Everyone commented on how tasty the cocktail hour, dinner buffet, and late night snack stations were. Big thank you to Debbie, Chris, and everyone at David's for making the best day of our lives an absolute dream!

matthew · Married on 04/29/2018

David's Country Inn was amazing for our reception. Beautiful venue with tons of room for guests to move all over. Food was incredible. Had numerous people say it was the best wedding food they had ever had.

Eric · Married on 03/31/2018

My wife and I got married on March 31, 2018 at David's Country Inn. What can I say? The whole DCI team went above and beyond our expectations! They were such a pleasure to work with, especially Debbie, our event coordinator. She facilitated everything for our wedding and was helpful with all of the questions we had. We had an odd request of ordering McDonalds for our guests as a 'late night snack' treat. She ensured that the food was ordered, delivered, and set up prior to our guests leaving. Our guests loved it!
    Debbie executed this so well - she hit it out of the park! She made our special day a remarkable one and truly made it unforgettable!

The food at DCI was EXCEPTIONAL. All of our guests raved how good the food was...from cocktail hour all the way to venetian hour. The food was plentiful, delicious, and fresh.

We highly recommend David's Country Inn!!! You won't be disappointed!!! Thank you guys for all of your help and for making our wedding day the best day ever!!!

Rachel · Married on 03/16/2018

I had my wedding here earlier this month and am still on a high from the experience and how amazing everything went the day of. Dan was our wedding coordinator and as the bride and "wedding planner" I wanted to make sure everything was perfect. Dan was quick to answer emails and very reassuring throughout the entire process. The food was the best banquet food I've ever had, the venue was a dream, especially once filled with over 100 of our closest friends and family. The Warren Suite was an AMAZING space to get ready in as well. Everyone commented on how great of a venue it is and how awesome everything was. Dan and the staff helped make our vision a reality and gave our guests the absolute best experience possible. Now I'm wondering how soon is too soon to renew our vows and do it all over again? Thank you everyone at David's for creating the most memorable day for Devan and I.

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 02/17/2018

I just had my wedding at David's country inn. Everything that day went perfectly and I can't thank the staff enough for making my day so special. Everyone was so attentive and always had everything taken care of even before I asked. My guests loved the venue and raved about the food. I couldn't have asked for a better place to have my wedding!

Nicole · Married on 01/26/2018

When we were first searching for a venue, we couldn't find anything that seemed "right". We finally checked out David's on the recommendation of a friend, and immediately we knew it was "the place"! That was a year and a half ago. We had our wedding ceremony and reception here just a few days ago, and we are BEYOND thrilled with how everything came together! Chris is so wonderful and easy to work with and Dan, our coordinator, was just as wonderful! We were very particular about so many things, but they always went above and beyond to accommodate us! The planning process was incredibly smooth, stress-free and worry-free. The night itself was absolutely perfect. I got endless compliments from guests on the food, drinks, beauty of the venue itself, as well as the kind and helpful staff. Dan seemed to completely understand the look and feel I wanted to achieve, and worked hard to create the most amazing ambiance. I can easily say I have not one, single complaint in the entire process, including the night of the wedding. They made our wedding incredibly memorable, and I will be gushing about them for years to come. You won't regret booking them for your wedding!

Nicole · Married on 01/06/2018

I have my wedding booked at David's in 1 year from now. So far, they've been amazing to work with and I can't wait to finalize all of the details!

Alyse · Married on 12/30/2017

My husband and I had our wedding at David’s Country Inn this past July, and we could not have been happier with our choice! The venue is exceptionally beautiful, with so much charm! The food was delicious and the service was amazing! Debbie was incredible to plan with throughout the entire process. We used the gorgeous Warren Suite prior to our ceremony, and it was such a lovely space to get ready! Our wedding was run smoothly and everything turned out beautifully. We highly recommend David’s Country Inn!

Matt · Married on 11/18/2017

We recently had our wedding at David's and the experience could not have been better. The place has an great cozy old charm that our guests loved... large old wood bar, side rooms with fireplaces, a newly renovated 3rd floor suite for getting ready, and many other details that set it apart from more sterile run-of-the-mill venues.

Chris the GM is extremely personable and definitely a consumate professional. Dealing with him was the easiest part of our wedding planning. He pointed us in the right direction offering suggestions as needed, and also accommodated our requests. He certainly runs David's like a well oiled machine.

We had 120 guests and a very large band and the ballroom size felt great. Food was very good from what I've been told (we were up chatting with folks) and nobody had a bad time. Can't ask for more than that. I recommend David's to anyone looking for an interesting non-barn, non-country club wedding in NNJ!

Amanda · Married on 11/12/2017

LOVE LOVE LOVE this place. When first looking for a wedding venue, my fiancé (now husband) and I had a specific look/feel in mind. We checked out a few places, who all came close but were just missing something. A coworker of mine recommended David's to us, and I couldn't be happier that we decided to go take a look. From the second I walked in the door I was in love. There is such charm and character in this venue. It is so relaxed, vintage and romantic. After meeting with a wedding coordinator, we knew this was our venue. The staff at David's was nothing short of Amazing. Answering any questions we had, never making us wait for a response and always with a pleasant attitude. We knew our wedding would be amazing, but the night of exceeded all of our expectations. We opted to go with the cocktail reception (buffet style) and the food was out of this world. Our guests still talk about how much they enjoyed it.
    We also decided on the candle package and the piano player during cocktail hour. Both of these additions made our night even more special. Every nook and cranny of the building has something beautiful to look at..from the beautiful stain glass ceiling, the old fashion bar, and cozy fireplaces. Our guests were able to spread out and find a different part of the venue to enjoy. Thank you so much to Chris, Dan, Debbie and the rest of the staff for taking such great care of us. We will never forget that night!

David's Country Inn 2

Lisa · Married on 10/27/2017

We had the absolute perfect wedding day! Everyone at David's Country Inn were fantastic to work with. We personally worked directly with Dan throughout the majority of the process, who we loved! He was extremely responsive with questions and helped our day run so smoothly. We brought our wedding decor to the venue on the night of the rehearsal - it was fully decorated for us, which we were so pleasantly surprised with! They decorated it perfectly!! It was a huge relief to not have to put out our decor ourselves; they took care of absolutely everything! The flowers were gorgeous as well! Monika (florist) was super sweet and great to work with - she provided us with gorgeous flowers. We decided to add fresh flowers to our cake, and we're so glad that we did. It turned out perfect! I loved that the center pieces were included in the price, that was very convenient. We, as well as our guests, loved that at the end of the night, the centerpieces were taken a part, wrapped, and given away to the guests as an extra favor! Another plus is that the linens (something we didn't think about having to pay for prior to) AND the cake were included! The cake was made by Palermo's - it was quite a hike from where we live (Lopatcong, NJ), but totally worth the trip! The cake was GORGEOUS and so delicious (we ordered vanilla cake with cannoli filling!!)! Also, David's provides guests with a chocolate covered strawberry with dessert, which many guests commented how delicious they were!

We had both our ceremony as well as our reception there; the transition from ceremony seating to reception/dinner seating was amazing! The staff did it so quickly and our guests were shocked to see the beautiful transformation!

We used the Warren Suite to get ready in, which is an extra cost. That is the only complaint that I could possibly think of from our experience. Although the suite was AMAZING, I wish it was a bit cheaper per hour, or (even better) included.

Overall, It was PERFECT!!

Ally · Married on 10/07/2017

David's catered our wedding off-site at Rutherfurd Hall (10/7/17) and it was absolutely perfect! We met with Chris and from the first meeting until the end of our wedding night he was nothing but helpful and responsive. Catering is a large expense for weddings, but we felt 100% confident in Chris and his team throughout the whole thing. He was upfront about costs, which was very important to us, as we kept encountering hidden charges with other vendors. They were exactly the "all inclusive" caterer we were looking for: we had all the food, setup, staff, and dinnerware all in one vendor, which made things so convenient and worry-free. Everything was set up perfectly and ran seamlessly the entire day. It was SO NICE not to worry about anything about food and drinks, because it was just covered! Now onto the food: I thought with how smooth everything was that there was no way we'd get good food, but that is not the case! Everything was delicious and fresh and there was plenty for everyone. Guests told me afterwards that they wanted to have a party at David's, just so they can have the food again. Overall, they're so kind, knowledgeable, and so so good at what they do! I'm so happy we chose them for our caterer! --Ally & AJ

Laurel · Married on 10/01/2017

This place is amazing. They have staff who go above and beyond, they run a wonderful business and the food is amazing. Perfect!!!

Carey · Married on 09/03/2017

It was an amazing experience and our wedding was perfect.

Claudia · Married on 08/27/2017

Our Reception was catered by David's Country Inn at the Loft at Jack's Barn and we couldn't have picked better!! The food was delicious and the staff was all very accommodating. 5 star service for these guys!! :D

• FutureMrsS

allison · Married on 08/25/2017

Love this venue! I can't wait to get married here August 2017. Everyone is so nice and I hear amazing things all the time about Davids! It's historic, vintage, timeless and glamorous! I can't wait to work more with them and have my big day there! another great review will be coming after my wedding of course!

• Melissa

Melissa · Married on 08/13/2017

Thank you to David's Country Inn for giving us the most wonderful wedding we could have dreamed. Chris, Heather and the rest of the team really made our day special, flawless, and unforgettable. Throughout all of our planning, I was impressed with how prompt, organized, and seamless the entire experience was. We were so happy to work with a venue that focused on us for the day. We had our ceremony at Rutherfurd Hall and they were able to make all the necessary accommodations with them for us to have the picture perfect place. Our guests were so happy with the food, service, and look at the venue. They were really impressed and continue to share with us what a wonderful wedding we had! We couldn't agree more!

Silke · Married on 08/11/2017

I cannot recommend this venue enough. My husband and I had our August 11, 2017 wedding here, and everything was perfect. The venue is gorgeous, with antiques and a huge ballroom. More importantly, the people are amazing. Thank you so much, Heather! Heather coordinated all aspects of our wedding day with us, and made our planning a relaxing and fun experience. David's Country Inn covers so much of your day - they include food, drinks, the cake, centerpieces, favors, and decoration setup. Everything was spectacular! The food was amazing, and the guests had a wonderful time. We've gotten so many compliments! Plus, we chose all of our other vendors from Heather's recommendations, and everyone delivered top of the line work. If you want a splendid venue that makes your wedding day ideal and your planning fun, this is the place for you. Thank you again so much!

Jacqui · Married on 05/28/2017

We loved David's Country Inn! Heather was super helpful and the day of staff was amazing. They made our wedding everything we wanted and more!