David's Country Inn Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Christina
    Christina D. Married on 12/17/2021

You will not be disappointed with DCI!

Everything and everyone at the venue is amazing!. There is not one bad thing we could say about our experience with DCI. My husband and I loved everything about our special day. From the beautiful space, food, and fantastic service! Any type of stress you may have, check it at the door. They are extremely professional and efficient. They were communicative, accommodating and helpful. We did not worry about a thing leading up or on our wedding day. We had our ceremony and reception in the same ballroom and were shocked to see how quickly and beautifully everything was setup during cocktail our. Sarah and her team were truly amazing! All the reviews about how great DCI is are true. We received so many compliments day of and still continue to get compliments on our venue of choice. We got married in December and the venue was tastefully decorated with festive and charming decor. The venue has since been renovated and still maintains its elegant appearance. We hope we get invited to another event there so we can relive the experience and special memories we made at DCI!
    Katie M. Married on 11/08/2021

Charm and Exceptional Hospitality

I would like to start out by saying thank you to Chris and Dan for all they had done for us! Truly great people to work with! From the minute I met with Chris, I knew my Wedding was in good hands (I mean who deals with a crazy bride asking questions for three hours the first time they meet!) Many venues wouldn't set up your wedding day details or accommodate your needs in a 'normal' year, let alone during Covid! We were originally supposed to get married on 5/15/20 and were lucky enough they had 8/23/20 available for us to still have our Wedding this year! One of the reasons I chose David's was their gorgeous greenery and architecture. I wanted to take many pictures outside, and August did not disappoint! Weather was perfect, the outdoor space is amazing and I couldn't have asked for a better crew than the people at David's Country Inn! If you are looking for a venue that doesn't insist you have at-least 150 people, a venue with charm and family owned hospitality, then I recommend David’s Country Inn for your Wedding!
    Tiffany Married on 11/07/2021

Absolutely magical experience

This was the most amazing venue I could have ever asked for. Sarah and Brian were amazing and so attentive and so helpful with everything! I couldn't have asked to work with anyone better. The food was amazing. The atmosphere was beyond perfect. My guests could not stop talking about everything and how beautiful and delicious and perfect everything was. I would get married year after year here if I could just to experience it all over again! Absolutely magical!
    Tracy B. Married on 10/29/2021

Guests are still talking!

My Dad moved in with my step-mom when I was about 12 years old- not far from Main Street in Hackettstown. Since then, I knew I always wanted my wedding there.

So when the day finally came, I knew I had to call immediately. David's Inn is one of the most intimate, beautiful wedding venues I had ever seen (I'm in the wedding industry myself). I didn't want the basic large venue, with white walls that look like every wedding venue. I love the creeky floors, dark wood, and fireplaces- and I specifically wanted Halloween weekend. David's was so accommodating and was able to fit us in within the week for a quick tour (although not needed) and we wrote the check right then and there for our wedding. No other venues were looked at!

The pandemic hit immediately after our deposit. We had over a year and a half to plan, but it was nerve-racking. Luckily, Sarah and Hannah were with me every step along the way. Every question, concern was answered within 24 hours or less. Timelines were provided which made the process SO easy as there was no question when or what was due at what time. And when I say they will let you do anything to make sure your day is what you imagined- I mean anything!

My day was spent in the amazing Warren Suite (the groom got ready at my Dad's house to give us the entire suite) with all 11 of my bridesmaids, 2 flower girls, 3 additional family members getting ready there, and 3 mom's. We also had 5 hair and makeup people and our photography team. We had so much space, the girls loved being able to relax on the couches, or have a sandwich in the kitchen and that we weren't on top of each other. The food was great! Our get-ready photos are so cute because of the style of the Warren Suite! I also loved that I had my own private bridal room for my dress and photos before my grand entrance to my bridesmaids. Once the groomsmen were ready they were able to come over to the second floor and have a drink while they waited for us. There was no issue with spacing or set up or issues with the timeline thanks to the great layout of David's Inn.

Of course, we wanted the GORGEOUS outdoor area, but our wedding day was a monsoon. The entire staff worked to get the ceremony inside within a few short hours. I was nervous but it looked absolutely beautiful. Outdoors the chairs were removed, where we did our first look and the background photos are so unique and beautiful!

After the ceremony, during the cocktail hour, the staff flipped the room in ONE HOUR, ONE HOUR! to a reception area. Cocktail hour was a huge hit- everyone is STILL talking about it. ("Those tomato soup/grilled cheese shooters were insane!"). Our guests loved sitting in the other room with the fireplaces, walking around the front porch and their jaws dropped when re-entering the reception room to see how it had changed.

Also fun fact- we get compliments on our dinner selections all the time BUT, our vegetarian friend reached out separately to say how he always hates wedding dinners because the vegetarian options are so bland and boring or not cooked well. He said the pasta primavera was the BEST wedding dinner he had in a long time!

Hannah and the staff made sure Ryan and I never *not* had a drink in our hands, or food in our stomachs. We were truly treated like royalty.

At the end of the night, we had shake shack burgers laid out for guests on the way to the shuttles- a lifesaver before the after-party at the hotel!

Overall, I could never have imagined my wedding taking place at any other venue. To quote one of my friends, "that ceremony was one of the most romantic I had ever seen between the lighting and candles". Not a moment went by that we did not feel like the most important people in the world, and if you're like me and want to limit your decorations, David's Inn's beauty speaks for itself. Do yourself a favor and book it quickly- because you will not regret it and your guests will be talking about it for years to come! We were the party of the year!
    Lillian T. Married on 09/18/2021

Great Venue and Team

Chris and Sarah from David’s County Inn were a pleasure to work with as we were interested in a tented wedding at Rutherford Hall. They both took a genuine interest in getting to know us and helped us realize our vision for the wedding. Both are excellent at what they do, providing timely and effective communication. We visited the Inn a couple times; great outdoor patio and food to enjoy. Due to unrelated circumstances, we were unable to book. With of all the positives interactions and time spent we believe their efforts should be recognized. We look forward to working with them in the next chance we can.
  • Ann
    Ann H. Married on 09/18/2021

Amazing wedding day!

We just got married on Saturday 9/18/21. It was a perfect day! This venue was beautiful and the service was top notch. Sarah and all the staff were so accommodating and went above and beyond to make our day special. Our guests are raving about the food and beautiful character of David’s Country Inn. This venue does not disappoint! Do yourself a favor and have your special day here. Everything was absolutely perfect here!
  • Allie
    Allie F. Married on 09/02/2021

Unique, Amazing Value, Historic Venue

My fiance (now husband) and I walked into David's Country Inn and immediately knew we loved it. From the beautiful bar area, to the chandeliers in the ballroom, to the amazing wrap around balcony and the (what had been then) newly done outdoor area, we absolutely loved that it didn't feel like a traditional wedding venue and was historic in vibe.

Everyone at David's was extremely accommodating, especially as we had to change our date 3 times due to COVID. Dan & Chris were particularly helpful and made it as seamless as possible.

The food is literally AMAZING; I can't tell you how many guests complimented us on the food from the wedding and how much they loved it.

The venue in and of itself is beautiful as well; our photographers and videographers couldn't stop saying it was their favorite location to shoot at because of all the natural light and that pictures really show it! It's also amazing that they have so many different spots to shoot at (like the front porch the ivy wall, the bar, the ballroom)... it literally is the most unique location and I'm so happy we were able to get married here.

They made everything very easy for us from preparation to the day of. Brenda, who was our bridal suite attendant for the day, was wonderful, especially dealing with all of our family and our requests.

I highly recommend anyone getting married here upgrade to the Warren Suite -- it is TOTALLY worth it and was the perfect place to get ready and take all those photos.

There aren't enough wonderful things I can say about David's -- if I was going to get married again I would do it here.

Photo credit to @NikiPhillipsPhotography for the attached
  • Kaylyn
    Kaylyn Married on 06/26/2021

Simply Amazing

Dan at David's Country Inn catered our wedding on 6/26/21 at Jacks Barn, he and his staff were so kind and exceptionally helpful from the day we met to the day of our wedding. Dan did absolutely everything he said he would and more despite challenges at the venue. Dan greeted my husband and I and checked on us constantly throughout our, day he just made us feel so comfortable and at ease. The food was fresh and was absolutely DELICIOUS, the carving station of filet mignon was the best I have ever had at any wedding and my guests were raving about the Mexican street corn as well as the macaroni and cheese! Dan executed a wedding as if it was for his own daughter, he went above and beyond for our wedding and I felt as if he treated us as his own family! I highly recommend David's Country Inn for your wedding and or any off premise catering service.
  • Jessica
    Jessica E. Married on 06/19/2021

Best venue around !

I honestly can’t say enough positive things about David’s ! We were originally suppose to get married in May of 2020. Covid ruined our plans , but the staff at David’s made me feel comfortable about rescheduling. Fast forward to our new date June 19, 2021, and I am STILL smiling from ear to ear. Everything was absolutely exceptional. My guests are still boasting to me about what a great time they had and how much they loved the venue. The forecast even changed last minute for my outdoor ceremony. Dan and Hannah made it happen for us in between the rain storms. I am sooo grateful for that! The staff was sooo sweet and there for us the entire night. A huge thank you to Dan, Hannah, Lisa, and especially Susan (who served me all my meals that day.. thank you so much Susan !!) My husband and I were blown away and will never forget the amazing wedding night we had. We hope to be invited back as guests for another wedding so we can experience their exceptional service once again! :) We truly love you all!
  • Chloe
    Chloe R. Married on 05/22/2021

May 2021 Wedding

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at David's Country Inn in May 2021. We quickly fell in love with the beautifully decorated vintage (with modern touches) building, newly built outdoor ceremony space, and how much was included at an extremely fair (for NJ) price for a Saturday spring wedding. We spoke with the team at David's throughout 2020 and early 2021 about our concerns with Covid and they were always reassuring. Our venue coordinator was extremely helpful throughout the entire planning process. The day of our wedding, the team at David's took care of us in ways we didn't even know we needed!
    Shelbie B. Married on 03/27/2021

Such a magical spring wedding

The venue was an overall great experience, even though we had to reschedule our original date in September due to covid. We were very lucky to reschedule in March 2021. The support from Dan was fantastic, any questions we had he answered right away.
    We just had our wedding this past Saturday and we couldn’t have asked for a better day. The staff was very attentive and professional. All my guests keep raving about how beautiful the wedding was!
    Thanks again to all the David’s staff, we can’t thank you enough!!
  • Amanda
    Amanda B. Married on 02/08/2021

Ideal Venue Partnership During Pandemic

My husband and I got married at David's Country Inn on 8.14.20 and the experience was nothing short of perfect. Although the wedding did not go as originally planned due to COVID-19, the staff at David’s made a clear and confident effort to make our wedding as special as they possibly could given the state’s guidelines and boy did they deliver! Chris, Dan, and all of the other staff members showed us from day one that we were not “just another couple,” but important members of their business and that they were completely committed to our day. The food at David’s is nothing short of amazing. I wish we weren’t so busy during our cocktail hour because the foods we picked tasted great, but were also clever concepts. During the planning process, Chris and Dan spent a ton of time answering our questions and ensuring us of their plan. I am so grateful that we booked at David’s, especially during a time of uncertainty and hardship. Our wedding day could have gone a lot different, but the staff at David’s made it a dream regardless of what 2020 has thrown at us. I HIGHLY recommend David’s Country Inn for any and all weddings/events.
  • Lisa
    Lisa M. Married on 01/23/2021

David's Country Inn is amazing!

When we first sat down and started doing research for our wedding there were a few things that stood out as priorities. We did not want a cookie cutter wedding, the look and feel inside the venue had to be amazing because we wanted a January wedding, and the service had to be exceptional. David’s Country Inn delivered time and time again with all three of these priorities. I will talk about all three but first the service. From the first time we sat down with Debbie, to the nerve wracking phone calls with Chris as we navigated the Covid-19 nightmare, to final preparations and day of with Dan, the service was beyond what we could have hoped for. Their flexibility during these whacky times and their attention to detail was phenomenal. If feeling like you are the venue’s number 1 priority is something you appreciate, David’s will deliver. Second, the look and feel. Wanting a winter wedding was a choice we made early on not only because of the well known “off season” pricing but also our hatred and fear of sweating on our wedding day. Not a single drop of sweat was seen, mainly because it was a balmy 16 degrees out the day of our wedding. But when you walk inside David’s the best thing, I can say is that it’s so incredibly warm and inviting. It made us feel like we were in someone’s home with all the little sitting rooms and multiple fireplaces, including one in one of the women's bathrooms (you have to see it to believe it). Then of course you have the bar. I can not quite explain it and pictures don’t do it justice, it’s beautiful. The place is wonderful in every way. Lastly the desire not to have a cookie cutter wedding. We have all gone to what we call “wedding factories”. It’s like the same show on repeat just with a different address. You will not be getting that dry filet here; the food options are as unique as the place itself. We had some specific requests including a special beer that they were more than happy to track down for us. Also, some of our guests that were attending had some serious food allergies. They took every measure to make sure everyone was safe. They were happy to accommodate us at every turn and in some cases went beyond what we asked for. One recommendation if you are booking with them, don’t even think about not doing the Warren Suite. It's pricey but worth every penny.
    Nataliz R. Married on 12/12/2020

Absolutely Amazing

From the moment we found this venue we knew this was where we would get married! Dan and his team were amazing to us, especially during this pandemic. They made us feel at ease every step of the way and they truly helped make our day so special. It would be a mistake to not book your wedding with them. The food was amazing, my guests loved their servers, and the bartender Rob was so friendly and knowledgeable of all drinks. The icing on the cake for us was truly working with Dan. He always answered out questions, he made sure we got everything we wanted, and he truly made our vision come true. We can't thank this staff enough for everything they did for my husband and I!
    Barbara G. Married on 09/18/2020

Wonderful Catering Vendor

Our wedding was supposed to happen May 8th, 2020. It finally happened on Sept. 18th.
    David's Country Inn/ Debbie Kelleher coordinated and catered our wedding at The Loft at Jack's Barn. They set up everything wonderfully! We were so surprised that there was a lot of staff working that day. We were so happy to see that.. They set up everything beautifully and perfectly in my eyes. Debbie and the rest of the staff are so wonderful to work with! Debbie coordinated everything and she did a wonderful job and she is so sweet! My husband and I was very, very satisfied! Everything looked so perfect! My friends and family kept saying how delicious the foods was. I would recommend them to my family and friends!
  • Danielle
    Danielle V. Married on 08/29/2020

Best wedding ever!

Got married here on 6/3/21 and David’s really delivered on giving us the wedding of our dreams. We were originally supposed to get married in August 2020, but ended up rescheduling 2x and eventually landed on 6/3/21. I’m sure I drove our coordinator Sarah crazy at times with all of the back and forth about details of rescheduling and what not, but I really can’t thank her and the owner, Chris, enough for their responsiveness and really doing what they could to work with us to make sure we were happy throughout it all. I knew from the second we stepped into David’s for a tour that I wanted to get married there! It’s so charming and unique from your typical NJ ballroom type of venue. And if you’re considering the Warren Suite—don’t hesitate, book it!! It made the getting ready process so much fun and compared to other bridal suites I’ve seen, it’s seriously so dreamy and perfect. 1000% worth the money. The food was all incredible throughout the entire day, the service was amazing and it was such a dream come true. I literally wasn’t stressed at all the day of our wedding because I felt so taken care of by the entire staff. I will say that we cut our guest list significantly (originally supposed to be 135 attending and due to Covid we had 85 people attend), and the amount of guests we had was a perfect fit in the reception space. I’m not totally sure how it would feel with our original amount, but we did have a live band which took up a decent amount of space. Either way, it all turned out perfectly. I can’t recommend this venue enough—I hope I get to attend a wedding their one day to experience it as a guest!
  • Kathryn
    Kathryn Married on 06/19/2020

Thank you so much David's Country Inn!

My husband and I just had our reception at David's Country Inn on 6/19/20. We were the first wedding after NJ quarentine restrictions started to be lifted. Not only were we their first wedding in four months, we were their first outdoor wedding reception in 42 years!!

Chris, Debbie, Dan and their entire team was amazing throughout the entire process. Planning a wedding is stressful enough, never mind a wedding during a global pandemic! We wanted our wedding to happen so badly, and they were more than willing to work with us. We had plans A-Z! As soon as we got the go-a-head for 100 people outside, they worked quickly and professionally to make our wedding happen. (This was with only 2 weeks to go.)

Once the day came, it was magical! They couldn't have been more excited for us. When we arrived for our cocktail hour, we had several people meet us offering us drinks and food. We were waited on all night long, and our glasses were never empty! The food was amazing and so was the staff. I thank everyone at David's Country Inn not only because they helped make our day so special, but for everything they did to make it happen! I would highly recommend David's Country Inn for your wedding reception!
  • Rachael
    Rachael E. Married on 05/10/2020

Organized and very professional

Dan, our event planner from David’s was awesome! He always made time to answer ALL of our questions both via phone or email. He was even able to make recommendations for other services and gave us some decoration ideas. He made sure everything was the way it was supposed to be so the day of the wedding I had literally nothing to worry about. Dan even went around asking our guests how everything was and if they needed anything. David’s Country Inn is a beautiful building and it fit right in with our wedding theme. My guests are STILL raving about the food and it’s been 3 weeks since the wedding. All of the staff members were extremely polite and helpful. It’s a wonderful place to get married. They are willing to accommodate lots of ideas for decorations and photos. I had other venues tell us we couldn’t do this or that but at David’s Country Inn that never happened. It was truly very easy to have the wedding at David’s Country Inn. Everything was just simple and it made me feel comfortable letting them take charge the day of the wedding. I can’t praise them enough.
    Beth S. Married on 05/09/2020

David's is IT for us!

The second we entered David's, we knew we found our venue. It was an amazing feeling and I can't find words to describe it, but Debbie won us over as soon as shook her hand. She was warm, inviting, and genuinely cared about us and what we were looking for. The antique bar really had my heart instantly, and the progress they were making on the outdoor ceremony space really sold my fiance. As we walked through the perfectly kept space - each room more beautiful than the last - we met a couple that was prepping the space for their wedding the next day and they very genuinely said, "you found your venue" and it was so sincere. They didn't look even remotely nervous about their upcoming nuptials. The thought of being that calm the day before? How can I say no?

I can't wait to follow-up this review AFTER our wedding.
    Katherine Married on 05/09/2020

Amazing venue. Amazing people

My husband and I were married on March 13, 2020 at David’s Country inn and Dan, the director, was an amazing officiant!! He even took the time to help us after the wedding to be able to get our marriage certificate, with everything crazy happening in this crazy time! The venue is beautiful and all of our guests and us loved it there!! They have a beautiful back garden and ceremony area and the inside is Just as gorgeous! We rented the Warren Suite for us and our party to get ready which was really cool and had everything both parties could need. Dan made sure our wedding went smoothly and it was an amazing day and experience. Thank you Dan and staff for making our day extra special and amazing!!!! You guys are the best! We are so proud to say we had a very lucky Friday the 13th wedding at David’s Country Inn!!
  • Tina
    Tina H. Married on 01/19/2020

Wonderful venue!!

From the first time that we visited David's Country Inn, we knew it was where we wanted to get married. We visited a few other venues but nothing could compare to David's charm, rustic style, and history (and prices)! Their food is incredible and Debbie and her team did everything they could to make our day truly special. No matter how many times I emailed or called, Debbie or Chris were always quick to respond and happy to help. We received so many compliments on how beautiful the venue was and how kind the staff was; it made our wedding even more memorable! David's offers a unique indoor ceremony area, beautiful outdoor areas, and the Warren suite which was a wonderful treat for us to get ready in. Definitely recommend this place, thanks Debbie!
    E&J W. Married on 12/20/2019

Best of the best

Nov.18,2019 my husband & I decided to get married; I always wanted to be a December bride & it worked, we got married 2days ago: 12/20/19 :) We were so lucky that this wonderful place had an opening! The christmas decoration was outstanding, the people are so friendly & I don't have to tell how professional Debbie is; the baker did a great job, our fresh berries cake was out of this world; we were so happy we were able to celebrate our special day in such a special place. All our guests were happy... Thank you @David's Country Inn for everything you did to make this happen 🥂❤
    Alison D. Married on 12/14/2019

The BEST day!

My husband and I got married at David’s Country Inn in December 2019. Every single guest told us how much they loved the look and ambiance of the venue, how friendly the staff was, and how smoothly the night went. The food at both the cocktail hour and at dinner was amazing! All the staff was extremely attentive to us. Debbie, our event coordinator, was amazing from start to finish! She was one step ahead of me the entire day and made sure that my vision came to life! We cannot say enough good things about David’s!
  • Ann
    Ann Married on 11/09/2019

David’s Country Inn was Ah-mazing!

From the minute we contacted them everything was so easy. Their service from start to finish was perfect! The food was superb and our guests are still raving about it! Thank you for everything you did to make every detail and every bite the best! We’d give you 10 stars on each of the above if we could!