David's Country Inn Reviews

169 | Hackettstown, NJ

169 Reviews for David's Country Inn

Katie M. · Getting married on 11/08/2021

Charm and Exceptional Hospitality

I would like to start out by saying thank you to Chris and Dan for all they had done for us! Truly great people to work with! From the minute I met with Chris, I knew my Wedding was in good hands (I mean who deals with a crazy bride asking questions for three hours the first time they meet!) Many venues wouldn't set up your wedding day details or accommodate your needs in a 'normal' year, let alone during Covid! We were originally supposed to get married on 5/15/20 and were lucky enough they had 8/23/20 available for us to still have our Wedding this year! One of the reasons I chose David's was their gorgeous greenery and architecture. I wanted to take many pictures outside, and August did not disappoint! Weather was perfect, the outdoor space is amazing and I couldn't have asked for a better crew than the people at David's Country Inn! If you are looking for a venue that doesn't insist you have at-least 150 people, a venue with charm and family owned hospitality, then I recommend David’s Country Inn for your Wedding!

Sent on 09/04/2020

Lillian T. · Getting married on 09/18/2021

Great Venue and Team

Chris and Sarah from David’s County Inn were a pleasure to work with as we were interested in a tented wedding at Rutherford Hall. They both took a genuine interest in getting to know us and helped us realize our vision for the wedding. Both are excellent at what they do, providing timely and effective communication. We visited the Inn a couple times; great outdoor patio and food to enjoy. Due to unrelated circumstances, we were unable to book. With of all the positives interactions and time spent we believe their efforts should be recognized. We look forward to working with them in the next chance we can.

Sent on 10/13/2020

Shelbie B. · Married on 03/27/2021

Such a magical spring wedding

The venue was an overall great experience, even though we had to reschedule our original date in September due to covid. We were very lucky to reschedule in March 2021. The support from Dan was fantastic, any questions we had he answered right away.
    We just had our wedding this past Saturday and we couldn’t have asked for a better day. The staff was very attentive and professional. All my guests keep raving about how beautiful the wedding was!
    Thanks again to all the David’s staff, we can’t thank you enough!!

Sent on 03/29/2021
  • Amanda

Amanda B. · Married on 02/08/2021

Ideal Venue Partnership During Pandemic

My husband and I got married at David's Country Inn on 8.14.20 and the experience was nothing short of perfect. Although the wedding did not go as originally planned due to COVID-19, the staff at David’s made a clear and confident effort to make our wedding as special as they possibly could given the state’s guidelines and boy did they deliver! Chris, Dan, and all of the other staff members showed us from day one that we were not “just another couple,” but important members of their business and that they were completely committed to our day. The food at David’s is nothing short of amazing. I wish we weren’t so busy during our cocktail hour because the foods we picked tasted great, but were also clever concepts. During the planning process, Chris and Dan spent a ton of time answering our questions and ensuring us of their plan. I am so grateful that we booked at David’s, especially during a time of uncertainty and hardship. Our wedding day could have gone a lot different, but the staff at David’s made it a dream regardless of what 2020 has thrown at us. I HIGHLY recommend David’s Country Inn for any and all weddings/events.

Sent on 08/27/2020
  • Lisa

Lisa M. · Married on 01/23/2021

David's Country Inn is amazing!

When we first sat down and started doing research for our wedding there were a few things that stood out as priorities. We did not want a cookie cutter wedding, the look and feel inside the venue had to be amazing because we wanted a January wedding, and the service had to be exceptional. David’s Country Inn delivered time and time again with all three of these priorities. I will talk about all three but first the service. From the first time we sat down with Debbie, to the nerve wracking phone calls with Chris as we navigated the Covid-19 nightmare, to final preparations and day of with Dan, the service was beyond what we could have hoped for. Their flexibility during these whacky times and their attention to detail was phenomenal. If feeling like you are the venue’s number 1 priority is something you appreciate, David’s will deliver. Second, the look and feel. Wanting a winter wedding was a choice we made early on not only because of the well known “off season” pricing but also our hatred and fear of sweating on our wedding day. Not a single drop of sweat was seen, mainly because it was a balmy 16 degrees out the day of our wedding. But when you walk inside David’s the best thing, I can say is that it’s so incredibly warm and inviting. It made us feel like we were in someone’s home with all the little sitting rooms and multiple fireplaces, including one in one of the women's bathrooms (you have to see it to believe it). Then of course you have the bar. I can not quite explain it and pictures don’t do it justice, it’s beautiful. The place is wonderful in every way. Lastly the desire not to have a cookie cutter wedding. We have all gone to what we call “wedding factories”. It’s like the same show on repeat just with a different address. You will not be getting that dry filet here; the food options are as unique as the place itself. We had some specific requests including a special beer that they were more than happy to track down for us. Also, some of our guests that were attending had some serious food allergies. They took every measure to make sure everyone was safe. They were happy to accommodate us at every turn and in some cases went beyond what we asked for. One recommendation if you are booking with them, don’t even think about not doing the Warren Suite. It's pricey but worth every penny.

Sent on 02/28/2021

Nataliz R. · Married on 12/12/2020

Absolutely Amazing

From the moment we found this venue we knew this was where we would get married! Dan and his team were amazing to us, especially during this pandemic. They made us feel at ease every step of the way and they truly helped make our day so special. It would be a mistake to not book your wedding with them. The food was amazing, my guests loved their servers, and the bartender Rob was so friendly and knowledgeable of all drinks. The icing on the cake for us was truly working with Dan. He always answered out questions, he made sure we got everything we wanted, and he truly made our vision come true. We can't thank this staff enough for everything they did for my husband and I!

Sent on 01/23/2021

Barbara G. · Married on 09/18/2020

Wonderful Catering Vendor

Our wedding was supposed to happen May 8th, 2020. It finally happened on Sept. 18th.
    David's Country Inn/ Debbie Kelleher coordinated and catered our wedding at The Loft at Jack's Barn. They set up everything wonderfully! We were so surprised that there was a lot of staff working that day. We were so happy to see that.. They set up everything beautifully and perfectly in my eyes. Debbie and the rest of the staff are so wonderful to work with! Debbie coordinated everything and she did a wonderful job and she is so sweet! My husband and I was very, very satisfied! Everything looked so perfect! My friends and family kept saying how delicious the foods was. I would recommend them to my family and friends!

Sent on 10/05/2020
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 06/19/2020

Thank you so much David's Country Inn!

My husband and I just had our reception at David's Country Inn on 6/19/20. We were the first wedding after NJ quarentine restrictions started to be lifted. Not only were we their first wedding in four months, we were their first outdoor wedding reception in 42 years!!

Chris, Debbie, Dan and their entire team was amazing throughout the entire process. Planning a wedding is stressful enough, never mind a wedding during a global pandemic! We wanted our wedding to happen so badly, and they were more than willing to work with us. We had plans A-Z! As soon as we got the go-a-head for 100 people outside, they worked quickly and professionally to make our wedding happen. (This was with only 2 weeks to go.)

Once the day came, it was magical! They couldn't have been more excited for us. When we arrived for our cocktail hour, we had several people meet us offering us drinks and food. We were waited on all night long, and our glasses were never empty! The food was amazing and so was the staff. I thank everyone at David's Country Inn not only because they helped make our day so special, but for everything they did to make it happen! I would highly recommend David's Country Inn for your wedding reception!

Sent on 07/01/2020
  • Rachael

Rachael E. · Married on 05/10/2020

Organized and very professional

Dan, our event planner from David’s was awesome! He always made time to answer ALL of our questions both via phone or email. He was even able to make recommendations for other services and gave us some decoration ideas. He made sure everything was the way it was supposed to be so the day of the wedding I had literally nothing to worry about. Dan even went around asking our guests how everything was and if they needed anything. David’s Country Inn is a beautiful building and it fit right in with our wedding theme. My guests are STILL raving about the food and it’s been 3 weeks since the wedding. All of the staff members were extremely polite and helpful. It’s a wonderful place to get married. They are willing to accommodate lots of ideas for decorations and photos. I had other venues tell us we couldn’t do this or that but at David’s Country Inn that never happened. It was truly very easy to have the wedding at David’s Country Inn. Everything was just simple and it made me feel comfortable letting them take charge the day of the wedding. I can’t praise them enough.

Sent on 11/05/2019

Beth S. · Married on 05/09/2020

David's is IT for us!

The second we entered David's, we knew we found our venue. It was an amazing feeling and I can't find words to describe it, but Debbie won us over as soon as shook her hand. She was warm, inviting, and genuinely cared about us and what we were looking for. The antique bar really had my heart instantly, and the progress they were making on the outdoor ceremony space really sold my fiance. As we walked through the perfectly kept space - each room more beautiful than the last - we met a couple that was prepping the space for their wedding the next day and they very genuinely said, "you found your venue" and it was so sincere. They didn't look even remotely nervous about their upcoming nuptials. The thought of being that calm the day before? How can I say no?

I can't wait to follow-up this review AFTER our wedding.

Sent on 08/12/2019

Katherine · Married on 05/09/2020

Amazing venue. Amazing people

My husband and I were married on March 13, 2020 at David’s Country inn and Dan, the director, was an amazing officiant!! He even took the time to help us after the wedding to be able to get our marriage certificate, with everything crazy happening in this crazy time! The venue is beautiful and all of our guests and us loved it there!! They have a beautiful back garden and ceremony area and the inside is Just as gorgeous! We rented the Warren Suite for us and our party to get ready which was really cool and had everything both parties could need. Dan made sure our wedding went smoothly and it was an amazing day and experience. Thank you Dan and staff for making our day extra special and amazing!!!! You guys are the best! We are so proud to say we had a very lucky Friday the 13th wedding at David’s Country Inn!!

Sent on 04/09/2020
  • Tina

Tina H. · Married on 01/19/2020

Wonderful venue!!

From the first time that we visited David's Country Inn, we knew it was where we wanted to get married. We visited a few other venues but nothing could compare to David's charm, rustic style, and history (and prices)! Their food is incredible and Debbie and her team did everything they could to make our day truly special. No matter how many times I emailed or called, Debbie or Chris were always quick to respond and happy to help. We received so many compliments on how beautiful the venue was and how kind the staff was; it made our wedding even more memorable! David's offers a unique indoor ceremony area, beautiful outdoor areas, and the Warren suite which was a wonderful treat for us to get ready in. Definitely recommend this place, thanks Debbie!

Sent on 02/06/2020

E&J W. · Married on 12/20/2019

Best of the best

Nov.18,2019 my husband & I decided to get married; I always wanted to be a December bride & it worked, we got married 2days ago: 12/20/19 :) We were so lucky that this wonderful place had an opening! The christmas decoration was outstanding, the people are so friendly & I don't have to tell how professional Debbie is; the baker did a great job, our fresh berries cake was out of this world; we were so happy we were able to celebrate our special day in such a special place. All our guests were happy... Thank you @David's Country Inn for everything you did to make this happen 🥂❤

Sent on 12/22/2019

Alison D. · Married on 12/14/2019

The BEST day!

My husband and I got married at David’s Country Inn in December 2019. Every single guest told us how much they loved the look and ambiance of the venue, how friendly the staff was, and how smoothly the night went. The food at both the cocktail hour and at dinner was amazing! All the staff was extremely attentive to us. Debbie, our event coordinator, was amazing from start to finish! She was one step ahead of me the entire day and made sure that my vision came to life! We cannot say enough good things about David’s!

Sent on 12/15/2019
  • Ann

Ann · Married on 11/09/2019

David’s Country Inn was Ah-mazing!

From the minute we contacted them everything was so easy. Their service from start to finish was perfect! The food was superb and our guests are still raving about it! Thank you for everything you did to make every detail and every bite the best! We’d give you 10 stars on each of the above if we could!

Sent on 11/24/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/05/2019

Seamless, an incredibly special celebration enjoyed by all!

We just had our wedding at David's Country Inn on 11/15/19 and I can confidently say, the entire staff played a big part in making it the happiest day of our lives. From the very first meeting with Debbie, we felt welcomed and at ease, like we had known her for years. She has such a calming temperament and was so patient with me through each and every step of planning our big day. During the planning process, no matter the obstacle (and there were only small ones), Deb was always there with a solution and a reassuring word. I didn't have to worry, because I knew Deb and her team had me covered.

Seamless would be a great word to describe how the day panned out. David's staff thinks of every little detail and executes it to near perfection! There is also something welcoming about it being a family-owned business- you really get a sense of how much the people working there care about you, your guests, and each other. They worked so well as a team to make sure things went off just as we hoped. The co-owner, Chris Falzarano, and Dan Weiss, our officiant, were also a big part of the success of the day. I remember Chris coming over to our table at the tasting to introduce himself and ask about our wedding day. It was that small personal touch that really made him stand out to me as an involved business owner who really cared about all the details of each of his clients' special occasions. Dan, also delightful, came to the rescue when our officiant had to regretfully back out a few weeks before the wedding day. Dan tailored our ceremony to us and made us feel calm during one of the most nerve-wracking parts of the day (for us personally). He introduced us as husband and wife to our closest family and friends with grace, class and the utmost charm.

We also cannot speak enough to the quality of the food at our cocktail hour and reception- our guests still rave about it! We offered the salmon and the filet mignon as our main courses, both of which were delicious! We felt the filet was a little rare for our taste, but that is one small and easy improvement that felt so minor compared to all of the ways David's excelled on our wedding day. We also ordered breakfast sandwiches for our guests to take on the way out of the reception. People seemed to really love them, though not everyone received a sandwich. We only wished there were more to go around because our guests said how tasty they were! It was a nice touch at the end of the night and one a lot of people seemed to appreciate. We are so grateful to David's team for an utterly fantastic celebration!

Sent on 12/07/2019
  • Kaelyn

Kaelyn · Married on 09/28/2019

The best!

Truly the best experience I could have hope for while planning my wedding. Every member of the staff went above and beyond for us. Our day was perfect.

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Ryan

Ryan G. · Married on 09/20/2019

A Dream Come True

Everything about David's is magical. The venue is historic and elegant (bonus, not much decoration needed). The new garden is a masterpiece. The food, people RAVED about the food. Perhaps most importantly, the people at David's are the gold standard. We primarily worked with Debbie, but everyone we interacted with was warm and caring and extremely helpful. On your wedding day they will treat you royalty and the entire event will go very very smoothly. It's also a family business, which I think adds a more personal element. I recommend David's to anyone and everyone, it was everything we could have hoped for and more!

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Rosemary

Rosemary G. · Married on 09/13/2019

David's provided a magical amazing and unforgettable day!

My daughter was married and had her reception at David's and also had the entire wedding party got ready there at the beautiful Warren Suite on premise. It could not have gone smoother and the staff especially Dan was so helpful, patient and kind in the months and weeks leading up to the big day as well as on her day!!! When I asked my daughter how she felt everything went - she simply beamed and expressed that David's met and exceeded her expectations. The food and staff that day were amazing and the new outdoor patio area is exquisite! Highly recommend this venue to everyone who wants to feel very, very special on their wedding day!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Heather H. · Married on 08/25/2019

Amazing experience

Our wedding is this August and overall the experience with the staff has been great. Debbie is amazing! This place really puts your needs first, they are flexible, responsive to your questions, and you can feel the sense of family while you are in the venue. It's hard to leave any time my fiance have had to go there to meet with Debbie. They make you feel welcome and focus all their attention on you and your special day. So happy we chose David's Country Inn. We are looking forward to how beautiful our wedding will be.

Sent on 02/07/2019

Heather H. · Married on 08/25/2019

Wedding 8-25-19

This venue is amazing! The staff, especially Debbie who was our wedding coordinator, were fantastic. Everyone was so friendly and helpful throughout the whole planning process. They really take the pressure and stress off your shoulders. The day my husband and I walked into the venue, immediately we knew this place was it. You get a warm, family feel when you are there and the history of this place alone is awesome. Our guests are raving about this place, the food, the staff, and the building itself. Everyday I am getting messages from family and friends about how much they enjoyed themselves and were impressed with the classiness and warm feeling they got while they were at our wedding in David's Country Inn. They are so accommodating, thoughtful, and treat you as if you are the only couple they are dealing with. They really make you feel special and there is only one wedding a day at this venue so that makes it even more special and feels more personal and intimate. I recommend this venue to anyone planning their next event.

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Elaine

Elaine · Married on 08/18/2019

Amazing venue

We had our wedding at David's in August and there's not enough wonderful things I can say about this venue. The staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating, Most couples don't eat on the day of their wedding, however the staff here made sure we had drinks and were able to enjoy our cocktail hour and dinner. Dan and Debbie were amazing they were hands on and gave me much needed guidance when planning became overwhelming. The guests raved about the quality and quantity of the food. My mother stated she was overwhelmed by the choices and stated every time she turned around there was more food and it was constantly being replenished. My Mother in law loved this place and echoed her sentiments about the food and atmosphere (FYI she was nervous about us choosing this place because its different than the venues the family normally chooses). David's country inn is a hidden gem in New Jersey from the glam and rustic vibe, to the beautiful courtyard, and the fabulous Warren Suite; this venue will surpass any expectations you may have about your wedding day. If you have your wedding at David's expect first class from day 1!

Sent on 12/01/2019
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 07/12/2019

An Unforgettable Day and Night

David's Country Inn made our wedding day simply amazing. Everyone on staff was so easy to work with, and made you feel right at home the moment you walked through the door. The venue is absolutely beautiful and the food is just fantastic, our guests are still raving about it! Dan helped plan our entire process here and just made it so easy and stress free. He was great to work with and very reliable. We cannot thank everyone enough on making our day/night an unforgettable one. We would highly recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 08/15/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie B. · Married on 06/30/2019

Beautiful Venue, Caring Staff, AMAZING FOOD

We were married at David’s Country Inn on June 30th, and the entire experience was outstanding. From the moment we opened the doors at our initial venue tour to the end of our event as the burlap wrapped flower favors were passed to our guests, David’s made sure our wedding day was everything we hoped for and more.

Having previously attended weddings where the food was mediocre in venues that ranged from gaudy, to stale, to unremarkable, high quality food and an atmosphere with character and charm were our highest priorities. We very much viewed the venue as a reflection of us to our guests, so it was important that we felt confident the staff would deliver top-notch service with impeccable attention-to-detail.

We quickly knew that David’s offered the ambiance we wanted, and the reviews for the food were stellar without exception. Still, selecting a venue can be a daunting task. We did our due diligence online, decided to take the plunge with David’s, and we are very happy we did!

In addition to the fresh, high quality, generously apportioned food options and beautiful historic building, the collaborative “roll up your sleeves” mentality really set apart the team at David’s. We met the owners, Jordan and Chris, at our tasting, and they were completely present, approachable, and eager to address any questions. They were also in the trenches with the rest of the staff (including our wedding coordinator) making sure that tasting attendees had all needs met.

Our main point of contact/wedding coordinator was Dan. From our first email to the last (and there were many!), Dan was very extremely responsive and helpful. No matter how long our list of questions, we always had complete answers within 12 hours, and you could feel the smile and enthusiasm in each of his replies. On the day of our wedding, we noticed that Dan not only supervised everything but also actively helped out the serving staff to ensure everything went smoothly.

Our event itself was fantastic. Some of the people who attended can be extremely nit-picky. However, EVERYONE was very satisfied. People universally commented that David’s was not only a beautiful space, but that the food was also incredible, adding that they were impressed by the professionalism of the staff and the obvious pride they take in their work.

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Dominique

Dominique P. · Married on 06/29/2019

Best wedding venue there is

Listen, I cannot say enough good things about my experience with David’s Country Inn. From the moment we booked to when we were saying our goodbyes the venue went above and beyond to make our day perfect. Deborah (our coordinator) ensured everything ran smoothly and beautifully. The warren suite is incredible and is a must for any bride getting ready. The food is to die for! The bar was absolutely incredible. The waiting staff was extremely attentive to each guest and to us. I’ve had guests tell me they didn’t have to get up once except to dance because a staff member was providing them with anything they needed. This venue is absolutely gorgeous and I am honored to have had the opportunity to get married there! Highly recommend to anyone looking, and I hope I get the chance to attend a wedding here as a guest one day! 5 stars from me!

Sent on 07/21/2019