Creative Eventology

Newark, DE View map Visit website
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

So, we don’t do cookie cutter. We do it different! We specialize in planning and designing unique and offbeat events with a personal touch to make your big day as awesome as you guys are. Every package, event design and planning experience is customized for each couple and we pride ourselves on being your one-stop-shop for not only a curated, organized and fun planning experience but also imaginative event design, florals, event styling, rentals, signage and a never-ending supply of cool, funky and fresh inspiration.

We love adventurous, fun couples looking to create the most amazing wedding day memories. Whether that takes the shape of a destination elopement in the NC mountains, a micro-wedding at a local brewery, or a full blown 200-person tented event in your backyard, we’re here for it! We’ve been concocting magical events since 2012 and though the landscape of the world is a bit crazy right now, we’re here to help you navigate it safely while still making your big day everything you’re dreaming of (and hopefully more)!

We have our typical radius that includes DE, PA, MD + NJ but have worked across the country and are totally passport ready to follow you to the location of your dreams. We’d love to chat more so get in touch with us today (email us at rachel@creativeeventology.com or text/call us at 484-354-2663) and let’s get this party started!

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$2,400

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What is the hourly rate?

$100

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Cultural
Destination
Elopement
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

illustration question

Do you have additional questions?

Message vendor

• Lauren
    Lauren R. Married on 06/18/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Rachel & Creative Eventology = hire them now!

Working with Rachel and her team was easily the best choice we made for our wedding planning process and our wedding day. We utilized her for partial planning as well as day-of coordination. From our first phone call, it was evident she was going to be our planner. She is down to earth and easy to talk to, while also possessing crisp attention to detail and keeping everything on track.
    Prior to our day-of coordination package kicking in, Rachel did a wonderful job in vetting vendors for us, and presenting the information she gathered for us in an organized and straight-forward manner. She took care of necessary communications any time it was needed. Once our day-of services began (two months before the wedding), she really kicked things into overdrive. As an overly-stressed bride and groom, nothing feels more relieving than hearing the words "You don't have to talk to any of your vendors again if you don't want to, that's what I'm here for." She was not kidding! We know for a fact there were probably several behind the scenes vendor communications that took place where Rachel had to advocate for us to make our day perfect. When we were stressed, she had the perfect maneuvers to validate and empathize with us, while also keeping the show on the road (and this is coming from the opinion of a therapist!)
    Working with Rachel, you know that she has your best interest at heart. Our wedding was unique in the sense that we were planning on representing various aspects of our cultures (Korean, Jewish, Greek, etc.) throughout the event, and in our first call with Rachel when we shared this with her, she seemed excited to take on the challenge. She and her team executed it all so smoothly. There were so many details that even the most organized bride would have missed without having the knowledge and expertise that Rachel and her team bring. I can't tell you how many times she brought a detail to our attention and we thought to ourselves "Wow, I wouldn't have even thought of that!" Even on the day of, when there were small fires to put out, two of the most anxious people who could be getting married did not have to worry, as we knew Rachel and her team would handle it. Stain on the tux? Taken care of with items in their emergency kit. Need to change an entrance song 5 minutes before entrances? Done. Another stain on the tux? Gone. Need to find us family members to have discussions with regarding the evening? Found in two minutes and brought to us. Throughout the chaos of a wedding day, and with any changes or obstacles, she and her team didn't even seem to sweat it. They tackled every single bump gracefully.
    We would hire Rachel and her team for any event in the future without question. Rachel, Abby & Elena, you were all integral parts of the most important day in our lives. Thank you for keeping us calm, relaxed, and worry-free. We love you guys!
  • Sierra
    Sierra Married on 04/09/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Couldn’t have done it without Rachel!

Words don’t do justice to express my appreciation for Rachel for being our day of coordinator for everything from beginning to end! Abby was awesome on the day of with Rachel as well! I had such a fun, relieved experience during my whole wedding because I knew that Rachel had down every single last detail and was prepared for it all. Multiple brides had said to me during my wedding that they were so surprised that I wasn’t as stressed as a bride would normally be and that’s because Rachel had everything under control and pulled together the wedding of my dreams. I truly feel like we’re friends and I wish that I could see her again. I feel like I can’t really thank her enough for all of her hard work. I remember saying to her the day of that I feel like I was underpaying her for all that she took care of. You 1000% are making the right choice in booking her to plan your wedding or even be a day of coordinator. She saved us money, time and alot of hassle and I couldn’t have wished for a better experience. THANK YOU RACHEL!!!!
    Kelly S. Married on 11/06/2021

Best decision I ever made

Trusting my gut that I couldn’t do this with a team & finding Rachel was truly something designed by a higher power. Her and her team made the finalizing process of all my vendors a breeze while dealing with a busy life/work schedule. The synchronization of everyone was so smooth. The day of would have never turned out so perfect had it not been for their hard work, enthusiasm, and professionalism. If anything went wrong, I had no idea. The best memory I will have of them was when it was just Rachel, Jana, my cousin & myself before the doors open to walk down the isle. My nerves were starting to over come me as the music change and it was my time to go down. They were so reassuring everything was going to be okay. It’s a memory I will hold onto forever. Dan & I could not thank you all enough for what you did for us. It was truly THE BEST DAY EVER thanks to you!
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Message vendor

Team

Rachel Hanson
Rachel Hanson
Owner, Lead Planner SWFL

Hey guys, I'm Rachel and I'm so excited you're here!

Creative Eventology is a full-service event planning and design company I created almost 10 years ago (wow, time flies)! Our team has completed hundreds and hundreds of weddings and other events since then and while we work across the country, our offices are currently based in SWFL and Philadelphia.

Me, I'm a Virgo with a serious eye for detail and an obsession with beautiful colors and designs. My favorite part about what I do is helping couples infuse fresh inspiration and personalized ideas into their event to make each the most memorable experience it can be. I love organized timelines and spreadsheets just as much as I love putting together unique and offbeat designs for our couples and I love working with couples who think outside the box and aren't afraid to do their day a little different! I believe in flexibility, communication, and of course FUN when it comes to working with clients.

Professionally, I have served as the Vice President of the Wish Upon A Wedding Philadelphia Board and have also been a member of the Association of Bridal Consultants and a part of the Wedding Planning Certificate Program at Temple University.

Outside of the world of events, there are spots in my heart reserved for iced coffee, goat yoga, road trip adventures, and my adorable Goldendoodle pup Bodhi. I have a degree in Anthropology from Penn State University, have lived in 9 different states across the country, hate the snow, and can’t wait to meet you guys! Let’s talk soon!

Janna Gray
Janna Gray
Lead Planner Philadelphia

Hey, I’m Janna, Lead Planner for Creative Eventology in the Philadelphia area!

I joined the Creative Eventology team in 2014 and have loved every minute of working alongside Rachel and the rest of our team to create countless amazing designs and experiences for our couples over the last 6 years. There is never a dull moment and I wouldn’t have it any other way!

Personally, my favorite parts of planning and executing events are getting to form incredible relationships with clients and vendors alike and implementing special touches and hidden surprises into each wedding. The little details are everything to me, whether you're eloping or throwing a bash for 300 people! I have also loved learning the design side of things over the years and now find creating florals, custom installments, signage and other design elements to be incredibly fun and rewarding.

Giraffes, cycling, and margaritas are some of my favorite things and I don't think I could live without ice cream. I live in Delco with my beautiful 2-year-old daughter, fiancée and one crazy Australian Shepherd. Now that I am planning my own wedding (eek!), I am even more in tune with the needs and expectations of brides and grooms and am so excited about continuing to curate and implement the most amazing planning experience for each and every one of them. I promise you compassion, fun, and efficiency in your planning experience and will always go above and beyond to make sure your day is absolutely magical. You can reach me at creativeeventologyinfo@gmail.com – I so look forward to chatting with you soon!

Philadelphia String Quartet Philadelphia String Quartet Wedding Musicians

Very polite and very easy to work with. Beautiful location and well organized. Would recommend to all! It was a pleasure to work with you!

Cricket Catering Cricket Catering Wedding Caterers

We love working with Rachel and her team. They are great to collaborate with and full of unique and fun ideas. Our brides who have chosen Creative Eventology based on our recommendation are always pleased with the service. Rachel is full of outside the box ideas which can really help make a wedding or event unique.

586 Capitol Trail Newark, DE, 19711
Location of (Creative Eventology)

Other vendors in Wilmington for your wedding