Colony Club Detroit

$12k - $15k For 100 Guests
Up to 300 guests

$12k - $15k For 100 Guests
Up to 300 guests

Plan your wedding ceremony and reception at Detroit’s historic Colony Club! The 3rd Floor Grand Ballroom can accommodate up to 400 guests and the 4th Floor Petite Ballroom up to 150 for dinner and dancing. We offer convenient, all-inclusive Wedding Packages that include plated entrée service, premium bar and close convienent parking.

When selecting Colony Club to host your Wedding or Private Event, you will receive expert hospitality services. This historic venue offers delicious on-site catering, some of the best Event Managers in the city, dramatic up lighting, and a superior premium bar package (which is included in ALL of our Wedding Packages.) The staff at Colony Club are expertly trained, accommodating and friendly, and execute each and every detail to create an unforgettable Detroit experience! Come for a visit and see what everyone is talking about!

Historic Detroit Venue
Colony Club Detroit was originally opened in 1929 for the Women’s Colony Club and was one of four women’s clubs in the Detroit area. The space was used as housing and meeting spaces for the women’s club up until economic hardships forced the Women’s Colony Club to sell the space in 1933. After many transactions over the years, Colony Club Detroit was purchased by Charles Forbes in 1984 and was dedicated to the Detroit Police Department to be used as the police academy. Recent renovations and a few more transactions later, the Colony Club Detroit's favorite Wedding & Private Event venue.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$2,018

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$2,018

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$1,952

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$1,952

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Chairs
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Server(s)

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
Champagne Toast
House Beer
House Liquor
Open Bar
Premium Liquor

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Ballroom
Banquet Hall
Historic Building

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Engagement Party

What event services do you offer?

All Inclusive Packages
Bar Services
Catering Services
Get Ready Rooms
Lighting / Sound
Outside Vendors
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Hors d'oeuvres
Plated
Server(s)
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Champagne Toast
House Beer
House Liquor
House Wine
Liquor License
Open Bar
Premium Liquor

What event items are available?

Chairs
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

May
June
July
August
September
October
December

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January
February
March

1 User photo

Bianca Getting married on 09/13/2034
    I am in awe at our experience with the Colony Club for our wedding reception location. I am smiling just typing this because of the incredible experience we had. The wedding was absolutely perfect, right down from the planning with Lauren who accommodated all of our specials needs, to the staff who provided very prompt and friendly service. Concerned about the food? Don't be, it was amazing! Bertha the event manager especially took care of us the whole night, what a wonderful lady she is. And then there's the hall itself.. it's breathtaking. I am not exaggerating, I have not seen a more beautiful venue. The tall glass windows and decorative walls and ceilings, I felt truly like a princess on my wedding day. It was everything I hoped and dreamed for. All of our guests had an amazing time and the temperature of the room was perfect. We had a winter wedding so I'm not sure how it is in the summer but I cannot speak more highly of our experience. Truly the best day of our lives. Thank you Colony Club!!!
    Noor S. Married on 09/29/2019

Historical Day

All the staff was awesome at the Colony Club. We had the day of our lives. Samantha Sant was awesome to deal with, answered all our questions and was open to anything we wanted to. Event Managers were awesome too. Can’t thank them enough about what the have done. Thank you everyone
  • Ingrid
    Ingrid F. Married on 08/09/2019

Perfect wedding

I had my wedding yesterday at the colony club and I would like to share my experience.
    At first I was a little nervous, because I had read from other reviews that the air conditioning was an issue and the food was not that good, thankfully, in my case that couldn’t be further from the truth!!!
    I worked with Alexandra Wendland for the planning and Nikki Kamienski for event coordination and I couldn’t be more happy with how things turned out!
    Our food was delicious (several guests complimented the food) and all the items were set up beautifully by Nikki and I never felt like I was not being taken care of! Nikki is an awesome wedding coordinator and is always willing to help; Alex is also great and everything on the contract was executed to perfection, ladies, you rock!
    My wedding size was about 91 people and I can honestly say it turned out perfect!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

39 photos · 09/02/2018

Deals

Colony Club Detroit 1
Offer

$15 off per person package pricing on select Friday's and Sunday's in 2022. Please inquire for available dates.

Pricing

Alison & Bryan Destination Weddings Alison & Bryan Destination Weddings Wedding Planners

The best of the best! We love you, Colony Club. Thanks for being so great. It is an absolute treat to work with your team.

Fantastic Functions Fantastic Functions Wedding Planners

The Colony Club is a GORGEOUS venue right in the heart of Detroit! So full of character and beauty, loved working there!

Blumz by JRDesigns Blumz by JRDesigns Wedding Florists

AWESOMELY beautiful venue, Terrific staff and very professional management. Top Notch!

2310 Park Avenue Detroit, MI, 48201

9-5pm Monday-Friday
Location of (Colony Club Detroit)

Other vendors in Detroit for your wedding

Wedding Venues