Celebrate at Snug Harbor

1000 Richmond Terrace, Staten Island, NY 10301 Map · Phone number · Visit website
Guest capacity 50 to 300
Availability Check your date
  • Photos & Videos 40

About Celebrate at Snug Harbor

Celebrate At Snug Harbor is a romantic wedding venue in Staten Island, New York. It is a place where tradition meets art. Guests will be in awe of its incredible architecture, exquisite botanical gardens and delicious cuisine. Tucked away from the business of New York City, this venue space is ideal for couples wanting a unique and whimsical ceremony and reception spot. If you are looking for an old-world vibe with a modern twist, then this is the place for you. With its convenient location on Staten Island, it is just a quick ferry ride from lower Manhattan or a short drive from Brooklyn and Queens.

Facilities and Capacity
With 83 acres of stylized gardens, the possibilities are endless when choosing where to host your special celebration. Say “I do” in one of their many botanical gardens (Tuscan Garden, Rose Garden, Connie Gretz Secret Garden, White Garden, New York Chinese Scholar’s Garden) or the Newhouse Museum. Any of these settings will provide a serene and beautiful atmosphere to kick off your big day. The White Garden or Chinese Scholar Garden can be used alongside the tented pavilion to create a complete garden experience. It can accommodate anywhere from 100 to 250 guests comfortably from April to October. Guests will then get to enjoy cocktail hour under the stars or inside their beautiful hall. The Great Hall features 40-foot ceilings, providing an open-spaced environment for guests to dine, dance and make unforgettable memories. WIth Palladian windows, intricate woodwork, grand fireplaces and more, the elegant and charming ambience of the space will have your guests in awe. This event space can accommodate up to 350 guests comfortably.

When booking Celebrate At Snug Harbor for your special occasion, you will get to work personally with their event designers. They want your event to truly be unique to you. From start to finish, it is their mission to make sure your wedding vision comes to life so your expectations are not only met, but exceeded. The venue offers the following services:

• Cake

Celebrate at Snug Harbor 6
Celebrate at Snug Harbor 7

Gerrianna · Married on 12/15/2018

Magical night

My wedding was this weekend at Celebrate at Snug Harbor and it couldn’t have been more perfect!! From the start of our engagement and planning all I heard was“ with every wedding expect something to go wrong, nothing is perfect”....and though I assure you that it is very true, let me start off by saying our reception was as close to perfection as it gets. My fiancé and I had a very untraditional wedding. Both of us wanted a Game of Thrones/ Harry Potter inspired wedding with lanterns and hanging lights, just that overall feel of magic, and boy oh boy did we obtain that in the “Great Hall”. The room is stunning beyond stunning. Frankly it’s a “must see”. We had 4 other hall appointments booked and canceled them immediately after seeing the beauty of the room and meeting with the team. The Snug Harbor team we had can only be described as the dream team; John, Theresa, and Erin made our wedding what it was, going above and beyond their roles to make sure everything was what we had envisioned. John, Theresa, and Erin embraced all our ideas with smiles and openness and made us feel immediately like family. They worked with us, giving us ideas of what they (not “we”, “they”) can do to make our dream a reality even more. Little things like taking the time to find the “Game of Thrones” font for our menus (their idea entirely), to creating the perfect table numbers for us (also their idea), the work they put in went above the contract we signed. I cannot stress this enough as I really believe you will not get this at any other hall. In John my fiancé immediately gained another usher. He helped my fiancé with the very detailed set up of our tables (we didn’t have a florist and everything had to be done by hand and he was there ready to help set up). John could have just let my fiancé in and left to do paper work or bring work in the room to do, but he stayed for hours, hands on helping him. In Theresa and Erin I gained two bridesmaids, that’s literally how involved they were in helping me at the hall. I often found myself calling them just to throw ideas at them or update them on projects I was working on. They were nothing short of amazing. Also, and this was mentioned to me by our guests without me asking mind you, the waitstaff was beyond friendly: asking my guests if they needed anything, smiling all night, they were just as part of making the wedding as great as it was as anything else. One of the women on the waitstaff told me that she actually had off that day and requested to work our wedding just to be a part of the experience we and the team created. Like, who does that?? That’s how passionate and dedicated they are at Snug Harbor. It’s still mind blowing to me how lucky we were to have them all running the show.
    Now onto the food. By all guests counts, the food was amazing. All the appetizers were like looking at mini works art with taste to match. Our dinner was the best meal I’ve ever had in my life. My husband who is 6’5’’ and can eat a meal or 2 at a time said everything he had was amazing. The spicy foods we picked were right on point. I hate peppery things and nothing was over the top too much. They were able to create our signature drinks, butter beer and a winter-jack Apple cider mix my husband created, with no problem. We had a guest who couldn’t eat fish due to very severe allergy and they made sure to handle her food in a completely separate area.
    The grounds spectular, beautiful even on the damp day we had. You aren’t going find grounds more perfect. They have buildings dating back from the 1800’s, beautiful trees I assure you look just as stunning in December as they do in June.
    Reading this back I want to assure you all that if something was wrong with the hall in any way my fiancé and I would be honest in writing it because we know planning a wedding is serious business and we wouldn’t want to pass a headache onto anyone. The place and people were perfect and we can’t imagine better place to book.

Sent on 12/17/2018

Ryan Goldberg · Married on 10/13/2018

Snug Harbor hosted our incredible wedding

Snug Harbor was the one and only place my wife and I checked out for our wedding. We didn't need to see a second. I'd visited it many years earlier and it was even more beautiful than I remembered it. From the first visit the folks at Snug were warm, tremendously helpful, and a pleasure to work with. We turned our wedding around in about three months and yet with their support and hard work it never felt overwhelming. Everything we talked about for the wedding, they delivered on. We had our ceremony in the Tuscan Garden, which is beautiful, and then our reception in the Great Hall. I feel honored that we could get married in such a historic place. And they made everything great: the food, the candle-lit setting, the sound system for our band. My only regret is that we don't get to do it all over again!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Celebrate at Snug Harbor FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 300
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 50
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 2
  • Describe your venue: Ballroom, Banquet Hall, Garden, Historic Building, Museum, Park
  • What event services do you offer? All Inclusive Packages, Bar Services, Cake, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Outside Vendors, Set Up
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Tents
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season? May, June, July, August, September, October, November
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, March, April, December

• 1000 Richmond Terrace Staten Island, New York, 10301 See on map