Celebrate at Snug Harbor Reviews

61 | Staten Island, NY

61 Reviews for Celebrate at Snug Harbor

Judith Paradis · Getting married on 09/07/2021

A unique and idyllic setting

Snug Harbor was terrific in their attention to detail. We didn't have to hire a wedding planner. John and Theresa took care of everything. Our guests loved the Chinese Scholar's Garden. It was a magical setting. The food was excellent and plentiful. We couldn't be happier. Guests were raving about it.

Sent on 10/01/2019

Dear Judith,
    More than anything, we want to our couples to have a stellar experience at Celebrate Snug Harbor. Our staff loved sharing that milestone with you and we are so glad everything surpassed your expectations. Please come back and visit us soon for your future events!
    Best Wishes, The Celebrate Team

Dawn Tettamanti-Zinnanti · Married on 12/10/2019

Harvest wedding

CELEBRATE AT SNUG HARBOR IS AN EXCELLENT VENUE FOR YOUR WEDDING. JOHN IANELLO AND HIS ASSISTANT THERESA WERE SUCH A PLEASURE TO PLAN WITH. THEY WALKED US THROUGH EVERY STEP MAKING OUR WEDDING PLANNING EASY. SERVICE SPECTACULAR , FOOD DELICIOUS AND AMBIANCE WAS PERFECT

Sent on 10/29/2019

Dear Dawn,
    Thank you so much for this great 5-star review. We really loved helping you plan your wedding. It was such a beautiful day in our Tented Pavilion. We can't wait to see all the photos. We’re here for you anytime.
    Best Wishes, The Celebrate Team

Meagan · Married on 11/16/2019

Excellent Venue

Not a worry throughout the planning process. The designers were responsive and helped guide us along the way planning our wedding. The day of the wedding went seamlessly- the team at the venue handled everything and were on top of it. Our family raves about the food, the ambience and more. Cannot truly express how grateful and happy we are to have chose this venue for our wedding.

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Cindi

Cindi · Married on 10/06/2019

A Dream Come True

Absolutely wonderful experience working with the Celebrate at Snug Harbor team, specifically John Ianniello Jr. and Theresa Tortorella. We had been searching for the right venue for over a year and a half before we fell in love with this one. The grounds are absolutely beautiful, the food was AMAZING (and you can’t say that about many wedding venues - plus so many guests complimented the food, not one complaint), the way they set up everything was beautiful, they are organized and responsive and clearly answered all my questions in the planning process, the staff are really pleasant, my bridal attendant Shelby was absolutely a godsend and was really by my side helping me through every step of the process and she was super pleasant, professional, and helpful...I just can’t say enough good things about them between the planning process and how it all came together into an absolutely beautiful event. So many guests told us this was the best wedding they’d ever been to. I am so full of love and gratitude for this place for turning my wedding fantasy into an even better reality.

Sent on 10/16/2019

Dear Cindi,
    We are so grateful for this wonderful review! Your wedding day was beautiful and we are so happy we could make the entire event so special for you and your guests.
  • Barbara

Barbara · Married on 09/28/2019

Best of the Best!

I don't even have the words to describe my wedding experience with Celebrate at Snug Harbor! First off, I knew the venue was the right choice because, come on, it's breathtaking Snug Harbor - who wouldn't want to get married at a botanical garden? Secondly, the staff is top notch! Darryl, my amazing and talented chef whipped up a custom menu just to make our wedding special, unique, and out-of-the box. Our guests were so impressed with the food. Not only that, we had everything served family style to create a sense of family and community, because what is a wedding if not a union of two families, and both of ours are HUGE. This was an excellent way to achieve just that. Erin and Theresa were true magicians with how they work. Both were so patient with me during my hectic planning process and they honestly know how to make a bride feel special. It's almost like they were inside my head the whole time and knew what I was imagining and made it come to life! This was not just another venue that had another wedding, this was more than that. Thirdly, everyone was so accommodating to helping make my dream wedding come true that we became their first of our style of weddings. We were able to pair two locations at this venue that have never been paired, we had the reception family style which had never been done here, and we had that mouthwatering custom menu that blended our two cultures with american-style into one unified melting pot of deliciousness. Fourthly, I cannot forget about my intuitive, spunky, and attentive bridal attendant, Camilla. The was my right arm that night and I was grateful to have her. Thank you everyone at Celebrate at Snug Harbor for just being the amazing people that you are and a special thanks to Erin, Darryl, Theresa, and Cam for doing all that you do!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Dear Barbara,
    More than anything, we want to our couples to have a stellar experience at Celebrate Snug Harbor. Our staff absolutely loved sharing this special day with you and your families. We are so glad everything surpassed your expectations and our team made your day so special.

David C · Married on 09/21/2019

Best Friends Wedding

We recently had my oldest daughter’s wedding at Celebrate Snug Harbor and my guests are still raving about the amazing time they had. From the start, our Event Manager, John Ianniello, was an incredible help in guiding us through picking the best vendors to work with, to selecting just the right menu items. He helped my wife with many intricate details, as she was planning the event while my daughter and future son-in-law were traveling the country. Theresa Tortorella, our Event Coordinator, was like a member of the family, working diligently in planning the floorplans and best options for all of the little details that no one tells you about when planning a wedding. The food was on another level. We come from a family of foodies and the cuisine left our family members speechless. I would strongly recommend having that one special day at Celebrate Snug Harbor.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Celebrate at Snug Harbor's reply:

Dear David, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review. We really appreciate how much you loved attending and planning your daughter's wedding here at Celebrate. We agree, we are so lucky to have John and Theresa on our team. Thank you for helping to share the word about us. We’re here for you and your family anytime!
    Best, The Celebrate Team

Theresa · Married on 09/13/2019

10/10 could not be more pleased

I hosted a bridal shower in the tented pavilion May 2019.
    I will start by saying I am extremely picky and my expectations were the same as from my very own wedding (for reference I am comparing to an iconic Manhattan venue.)
    John and his team surpassed that experience Not one detail was over looked and they were so incredibly involved, invested and truly cared about every aspect as if it were their own personal event. For example, John created a signature drink table for us and it was spectacular, apparent to all the effort put in on the “extras”

Service - waitstaff was amazing !! No one had an empty drink or was ever in need of anything, someone was always there. The attention to detail was exceptional and they helped keep the party flowing nicely which is important.

Food- this is not standard “venue” food. The chef and John work to come up with creative options. This is something you do not experience at most venues.

Ambiance - dreamy. The tent was new and magnificent , the chandelier and draping added elevated detail, it’s truly like another world.

The bride was so pleased she is looking here for her wedding too.

Sent on 05/28/2019

Celebrate at Snug Harbor's reply:

Dear Theresa, Thank you for your lovely note. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience about Celebrate Snug Harbor for your sister's Bridal Shower. We are so happy you had a wonderful day with us! -The Celebrate Team
  • Cara

Cara · Married on 09/13/2019

The Best Day at Celebrate

I can’t express enough how perfect our wedding day was from start to finish at Celebrate at Snug Harbor! We had our ceremony in the white garden, cocktail hour in the Chinese Scholars Garden and reception in the gorgeous, Pinterest-esque Tented Pavilion. All of my guests commented on how beautiful the entire grounds are and most said something to the effect of, “I didn’t even know this existed!” Which is exactly what I was going for. If you are looking for a unique venue with incredible catering and a team that will support you from the start of your wedding planning process, to finish, Celebrate is your place.

Erin & Theresa could not have been more helpful, knowledgeable, honest, professional, accommodating and most of all FUN in guiding us in our wedding planning at Celebrate. Every question and email was answered so quickly and because of how much we communicated over the course of months leading up to the wedding, it really made the actual day of so stress free and easy.

The staff at Celebrate worked so well with all of our vendors and guests. The bartending staff easily accommodated our very lively crowd with ease and it was so nice to hear our guests tell us that it was one of the most fun weddings they had ever been to!

We feel exactly the same way and both with we could do our wedding day all over again at Celebrate at Snug Harbor!

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Miriam

Miriam · Married on 09/01/2019

Beautiful Venue - Supportive Staff!

The Snug Harbor team, Erin and Theresa, did an incredible job with my wedding. They were responsive, and helpful, and made everything I wanted to happen - happen! (and I had a jam packed wedding!!)

The venue was absolutely beautiful, with an unbelievable number of places to take pictures, and all the guests loved it!! The guests were were so happy to be there. Best night ever!!!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Dear Miriam,
    Thank you for your lovely note. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience about Celebrate Snug Harbor for your wedding day. We are so happy you had a wonderful wedding with us!

Harrison Mui · Married on 08/31/2019

Wonderful! -Married on 08/31/2019

I had my wedding at the Chinese Scholar's Garden. My wife and I wanted our wedding at the CSG the moment we saw it. John and Theresa are great to work with. They helped out a lot during the whole wedding planning process and on the big day. Many of our guests complimented us on the food and said the wedding was beautiful. I would recommend this wedding venue to anyone.

Sent on 09/24/2019

Dear Harrison,
    More than anything, we want to our couples to have a stellar experience at Celebrate Snug Harbor. Thank you for celebrating your wedding day with us. Our staff loved sharing that milestone with you. We are so glad everything surpassed your expectations!
  • Ria

Ria Ekomoni · Married on 08/03/2019

So glad we decided to Celebrate at Snug Harbor

On August 3rd, 2019 my family held our parents 40th Wedding Anniversary / Retirement Celebration at Snug Harbor. The dinner was absolutely AMAZING. From the planning stage to the date of the event John Ianniello Jr. (Senior Catering & Event Specialist) was a pleasure to work with. He was able to execute and co-ordinate to ensure that the guests of honor and all guests had a great time. The food and cake was delicious. The venue (Upper Great Hall) is breathtaking! We fell in love with it when he first showed us the space and eventually moved the dinner from the date we originally had in mind to 8/3/19 just to use that room. Snug Harbor is one of the unique places on Staten Island and is a wonderful location that should be explored when planning a wedding, dinner, etc.

Sent on 08/07/2019

Dear Ria,
    Thank you for your lovely note. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience about Celebrate Snug Harbor for your families event. We are so happy you had a wonderful time with us!
    Best,

Patrizia Fox · Married on 07/26/2019

Absolutely amazing

We celebrated our daughter's Sweet 16 here this past weekend. What an amazing experience. I cannot say enough good things about this venue. from the moment she looked at the Great hall she was in love with the space. John, Theresa, and the entire staff made her dreams a reality. The food, the service, and just the sheer beauty if this room were amazing.

Sent on 07/29/2019

Ashley · Married on 07/14/2019

Our Daytime Wedding 7/14/19

I cannot thank John & Theresa enough for helping me plan my dream wedding in only four months! When I had come to them with the idea of a daytime wedding, they had so many ideas for me and helped make our event magical. We chose to get married at Snug Harbor and then have an early Sunday wedding dinner under their tented pavilion. Our family was blown away by the beauty of Snug Harbor and continue to rave about the passed hors d’oeuvres as well as the passed desserts. Everything was absolutely perfect, and I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with John and Theresa as well as the rest of the Celebrate team!

Sent on 07/23/2019

Dear Ashley,

Laura Menjivar · Married on 06/02/2019

Wedding ceremony and reception

I don't even know where to begin, I got married at snug harbor on June 2nd, 2019 and to sum up all my emotions into one word, it was breathtaking. I booked this venue a few days after I took the tour, the groups had massive potential to be turned into the "greenery" wedding that I dreamed about. From an beautiful Chinese schoolar garden to the spectacular tuscan garden and a simple yet sophisticated tented pavilion, I knew my wedding had to be there. A few months before the wedding as any bride would feel I was all over the place, obviously beginning to doubt my venue, photographer and even wedding dress. I never felt so safe, taken care of and relaxed than when John Lanniello (wedding coordinator) grabbed my hand and said "enjoy your day, I got it from here". I get very emotional about it because my mind was a mess leading up to my wedding day and him and his dedicated team made it happen so effortless and impeccable. I want to thank Snug Harbor's team from the caters, bartenders, cooks and everyone who contributed to make my guest feel welcomed by all of you.

Sent on 07/02/2019

Laura,

It was and honor and a pleasure to work with you and Giovanni, creating the perfect wedding day. Thank you for letting us share in your beautiful day!

-The Celebrate Team

Gerrianna · Married on 12/15/2018

Magical night

My wedding was this weekend at Celebrate at Snug Harbor and it couldn’t have been more perfect!! From the start of our engagement and planning all I heard was“ with every wedding expect something to go wrong, nothing is perfect”....and though I assure you that it is very true, let me start off by saying our reception was as close to perfection as it gets. My fiancé and I had a very untraditional wedding. Both of us wanted a Game of Thrones/ Harry Potter inspired wedding with lanterns and hanging lights, just that overall feel of magic, and boy oh boy did we obtain that in the “Great Hall”. The room is stunning beyond stunning. Frankly it’s a “must see”. We had 4 other hall appointments booked and canceled them immediately after seeing the beauty of the room and meeting with the team. The Snug Harbor team we had can only be described as the dream team; John, Theresa, and Erin made our wedding what it was, going above and beyond their roles to make sure everything was what we had envisioned. John, Theresa, and Erin embraced all our ideas with smiles and openness and made us feel immediately like family. They worked with us, giving us ideas of what they (not “we”, “they”) can do to make our dream a reality even more. Little things like taking the time to find the “Game of Thrones” font for our menus (their idea entirely), to creating the perfect table numbers for us (also their idea), the work they put in went above the contract we signed. I cannot stress this enough as I really believe you will not get this at any other hall. In John my fiancé immediately gained another usher. He helped my fiancé with the very detailed set up of our tables (we didn’t have a florist and everything had to be done by hand and he was there ready to help set up). John could have just let my fiancé in and left to do paper work or bring work in the room to do, but he stayed for hours, hands on helping him. In Theresa and Erin I gained two bridesmaids, that’s literally how involved they were in helping me at the hall. I often found myself calling them just to throw ideas at them or update them on projects I was working on. They were nothing short of amazing. Also, and this was mentioned to me by our guests without me asking mind you, the waitstaff was beyond friendly: asking my guests if they needed anything, smiling all night, they were just as part of making the wedding as great as it was as anything else. One of the women on the waitstaff told me that she actually had off that day and requested to work our wedding just to be a part of the experience we and the team created. Like, who does that?? That’s how passionate and dedicated they are at Snug Harbor. It’s still mind blowing to me how lucky we were to have them all running the show.
    Now onto the food. By all guests counts, the food was amazing. All the appetizers were like looking at mini works art with taste to match. Our dinner was the best meal I’ve ever had in my life. My husband who is 6’5’’ and can eat a meal or 2 at a time said everything he had was amazing. The spicy foods we picked were right on point. I hate peppery things and nothing was over the top too much. They were able to create our signature drinks, butter beer and a winter-jack Apple cider mix my husband created, with no problem. We had a guest who couldn’t eat fish due to very severe allergy and they made sure to handle her food in a completely separate area.
    The grounds spectular, beautiful even on the damp day we had. You aren’t going find grounds more perfect. They have buildings dating back from the 1800’s, beautiful trees I assure you look just as stunning in December as they do in June.
    Reading this back I want to assure you all that if something was wrong with the hall in any way my fiancé and I would be honest in writing it because we know planning a wedding is serious business and we wouldn’t want to pass a headache onto anyone. The place and people were perfect and we can’t imagine better place to book.

Sent on 12/17/2018

Ryan Goldberg · Married on 10/13/2018

Snug Harbor hosted our incredible wedding

Snug Harbor was the one and only place my wife and I checked out for our wedding. We didn't need to see a second. I'd visited it many years earlier and it was even more beautiful than I remembered it. From the first visit the folks at Snug were warm, tremendously helpful, and a pleasure to work with. We turned our wedding around in about three months and yet with their support and hard work it never felt overwhelming. Everything we talked about for the wedding, they delivered on. We had our ceremony in the Tuscan Garden, which is beautiful, and then our reception in the Great Hall. I feel honored that we could get married in such a historic place. And they made everything great: the food, the candle-lit setting, the sound system for our band. My only regret is that we don't get to do it all over again!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Kristina · Married on 08/25/2018

My aunt recently hosted my Bridal Shower at Snug harbor in the Great Hall and I could have not been more happy. It was a dream come true! The venue upstairs is amazing with high ceilings and so much lighting! It was perfect for the garden theme of my shower! The staff was so accommodating to all our ideas and special requests. They truly made you feel like family, always looking to give ideas on how to make the event even better. The food was great and prepared perfectly, so many options for brunch it made picking menu difficult because so many great choices ! But everything at my shower worked out great! It was absolutely stunning and would defiantly look to have another event at snug harbor in the future

Sent on 06/06/2018

Hailey · Married on 07/06/2018

I can’t say enough good things about our experience hosting our wedding day at Celebrate Snug Harbor. We were married in July 2018 in the Chinese Scholar Garden with a reception under the beautiful tented pavilion. The Chinese Scholar garden is a magical place for a ceremony and cocktail hour. We were immediately attracted to the rustic elements of the tent mixed with the draped ceiling. The team at Celebrate were easy to work with and quick to respond to all of our questions and multiple changes. The food was delicious and not your typical catering selections. My family is still raving about the meal! We enjoyed the entire process of planning our big day with the team at Snug. John and Marissa were a pleasure to work with and like family by the time the day arrived.

Sent on 08/30/2018

Kevin · Married on 05/19/2018

My husband and I held our wedding at Snug Harbor this past May (5/19/18) and we cannot say enough wonderful things about that day - it was truly the wedding of our dreams!

Full transparency - when we signed our original contract with Snug Harbor, it was a part of the Landmark Venues group. In the months leading up to our wedding, Relish Caterers took over the venue full time, so we were introduced to Ian, Theresa, Marissa and the rest of the team at Relish to execute our wedding day. While there were a few small bumps in the road as that team got settled in (as you would naturally expect), the Relish team was quick to get to know my husband and I to ensure that our big day was exactly as we envisioned it. And they did not disappoint.

The Relish team is exemplary - they're warm, friendly, and attentive to even the smallest details. They truly came to feel like family in the weeks leading up to our wedding.

Venue - stunning! Beautifully landscaped with amazing architecture all around.

Ceremony - we were lucky enough to be able to get married in the Music Hall at Snug Harbor, which a couple of theater buffs was a dream come true. It was amazing.

Reception - we held our reception in the Great Hall, which was hands down the coolest reception space we saw (and we looked at 10 venues before we settled on Snug Harbor). The 40 foot ceilings are just breathtaking.

Food - unbelievably delicious. Literally everything tasted SO GOOD.

Overall - truly 5 stars. Ian and his team are the best, and they really nailed our vision. It was a day to remember.

Sent on 06/24/2018

Meghan M. · Married on 04/22/2018

Bridal Shower

The room was stunning and the perfect setting for a shower! The food was excellent and services was attentive and friendly. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 04/20/2019

Ann marie · Married on 10/20/2017

Absolutely perfect! Beautiful, professional and elegant

Sent on 10/22/2017

D · Married on 09/04/2017

We had the best wedding experience at Snug Harbor in early September. When we visited, we were blown away by how beautiful and affordable the venue was. There were many different great options for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception spaces and they were flexible about letting us choose which we preferred. Terra was very responsive and we worked with her closely leading up to the wedding. We were the only wedding at Snug Harbor for our date, so we were able to do the ceremony in the Tuscan Garden, the cocktail hour at the Chinese Scholar’s Garden, and after a last-minute hurricane warning, we switched the reception from the Tented Pavilion to the Great Hall. Each space was perfect and got rave reviews from our guests (particularly the Chinese Scholar’s Garden). The staff was efficient and friendly throughout and Jessica took incredible care of the bride. The food was excellent and the whole evening ran smoothly. We had the best day of our lives and we would highly recommend Snug Harbor to anyone.

Sent on 01/01/2017

Diana · Married on 08/12/2017

My husband and I recently had our wedding at Snug Harbor and we absolutely loved the venue and overall service. Snug Harbor to me is a hidden gem of Staten Island. I love the peaceful feel I get from when I enter the premises. Between the beautiful gardens, spacious areas for celebrations and the price, I think Snug Harbor is the perfect place for anyone to hold a celebration. The staff was helpful and friendly, taking care of our needs every step of the way. I would like to give a special thanks though to Snug Harbor 's Senior Event Designer, Terra Hudson for helping us from beginning to end. She was exceptional and thanks to her, we had the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 10/24/2017
  • Y

Yev · Married on 07/23/2017

Snug harbor was the perfect venue for our wedding. The historic architecture and the natural beauty of the botanical gardens were a lovely and unique setting for our big day. We had our ceremony and cocktail hour in the Chinese Scholar's Garden, and reception in the Great Hall. Terra helped us plan, gave us her professional advice, and was super responsive throughout the process. She was flexible at accommodating our requests which gave our wedding a personal touch. The bridal attendant and maitre d' were also very helpful during the big day. It was simple to build a tasty menu with the variety of food options–plus the wedding cake was included. The location is easily accessible and locals could use a taxi if they prefer.

Sent on 11/08/2017

Kawomi · Married on 05/28/2017

We just had our wedding at the great hall at Snug Harbor. Terra was our planner and she was amazing and so accommodating. We hit a few bumps while planning our wedding and things needed to be changed. However, Terra and Snug Harbor team was very understanding and worked with us throughout the whole process. It's a beautiful place to get married, food is excellent and the STAFF is excellent. They truly made our day so very special. Many thanks to Terra and the staff!

Sent on 06/06/2017