31 Reviews for Celebrate At Snug Harbor

Signature Drink (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
31 Celebrate At Snug Harbor Reviews

Absolutely perfect! Beautiful, professional and elegant

Profile Picture Ann marie, 10/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had the best wedding experience at Snug Harbor in early September. When we visited, we were blown away by how beautiful and affordable the venue was. There were many different great options for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception spaces and they were flexible about letting us choose which we preferred. Terra was very responsive and we worked with her closely leading up to the wedding. We were the only wedding at Snug Harbor for our date, so we were able to do the ceremony in the Tuscan Garden, the cocktail hour at the Chinese Scholar’s Garden, and after a last-minute hurricane warning, we switched the reception from the Tented Pavilion to the Great Hall. Each space was perfect and got rave reviews from our guests (particularly the Chinese Scholar’s Garden). The staff was efficient and friendly throughout and Jessica took incredible care of the bride. The food was excellent and the whole evening ran smoothly. We had the best day of our lives and we would highly recommend Snug Harbor to anyone.

Profile Picture User7564012, Recently Married, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I recently had our wedding at Snug Harbor and we absolutely loved the venue and overall service. Snug Harbor to me is a hidden gem of Staten Island. I love the peaceful feel I get from when I enter the premises. Between the beautiful gardens, spacious areas for celebrations and the price, I think Snug Harbor is the perfect place for anyone to hold a celebration. The staff was helpful and friendly, taking care of our needs every step of the way. I would like to give a special thanks though to Snug Harbor 's Senior Event Designer, Terra Hudson for helping us from beginning to end. She was exceptional and thanks to her, we had the wedding of our dreams.

Profile Picture Diana, 8/12/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Snug harbor was the perfect venue for our wedding. The historic architecture and the natural beauty of the botanical gardens were a lovely and unique setting for our big day. We had our ceremony and cocktail hour in the Chinese Scholar's Garden, and reception in the Great Hall. Terra helped us plan, gave us her professional advice, and was super responsive throughout the process. She was flexible at accommodating our requests which gave our wedding a personal touch. The bridal attendant and maitre d' were also very helpful during the big day. It was simple to build a tasty menu with the variety of food options–plus the wedding cake was included. The location is easily accessible and locals could use a taxi if they prefer.

Profile Picture Yev, 7/23/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Parking, Uncovered Outdoor

We just had our wedding at the great hall at Snug Harbor. Terra was our planner and she was amazing and so accommodating. We hit a few bumps while planning our wedding and things needed to be changed. However, Terra and Snug Harbor team was very understanding and worked with us throughout the whole process. It's a beautiful place to get married, food is excellent and the STAFF is excellent. They truly made our day so very special. Many thanks to Terra and the staff!

Profile Picture Kawomi, 5/28/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My now husband and I cannot say enough great things about our experience with Snug Harbor. We had the ceremony in the Tuscan Garden and the reception in the Tented Pavilion. All our guests were raving about the stunning venue. They could not believe we were on Staten Island.
Terra and her team were extremely professional. We are so grateful to her and her entire team. They made the day stress free! Terra coordinated seamlessly with all of our vendors. We never had to hear a peep!
As usual, as the bride I didn't really eat much- but what I did get was delicious! Our guests raved about the food. We have an extended cocktail reception. The guests loved all the station options- especially the Asian stir fry!
So if you are looking for a beautiful venue, with an experienced staff and great food options look no further than Snug Harbor!

Profile Picture jennifer, 6/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I have nothing bad to say about Celebrate. Terra has been so kind and responsive. A tremendous value for NYC and such a beautiful space. We feel like we found a hidden gem.

Profile Picture User5493269, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Cake, Chairs, Linens

We just had our wedding at Celebrate at Snug Harbor this past Saturday, 12/12. Our ceremony and reception were in the Upper Great Hall and the cocktail hour was in the Lower Great Hall.
While we were looking at possible wedding venues, I already knew that I loved the photos of the Upper Great Hall. When we saw the space in person, we fell in love with it. The architecture is breathtaking. And though our wedding was in December, the beautiful grounds of Snug Harbor added to its appeal. It feels like you are not really in Staten Island, that it's kind of its own little world. As Staten Island residents, we love that we have memories at Snug Harbor and can keep visiting for years to come.
Celebrate at Snug Harbor was towards the higher end of our budget and we did not want a large wedding, but the winter prices and minimum guarantees are slightly lower than peak season, so we were able to make it work. In the end, it was well worth what we spent.
Terra Hudson was our contact, and she was very helpful. She was very responsive to my many questions throughout the planning process. Terra also has a calming presence that helps with any nerves about logistics.
When the day of the wedding came, it could not have gone better. In addition to the fact that we were somehow blessed with a clear 60+ degree day in mid-December, all of our wedding plans came together beautifully. The Great Hall was the perfect setting for our ceremony, and was turned around quickly to become our gorgeous reception venue.
The staff, especially our bridal attendant, Jessica and maitre d' David were so helpful in making sure that we and our guests had everything we needed. The food was very good- our guests agreed that it was much better than typical wedding fare. The only glitch we had was we were missing an additional liquor we had requested, but Jessica quickly had it fixed.
We had a fantastic wedding day, and we are so grateful that we went with Celebrate at Snug Harbor!

Profile Picture Melissa, 12/12/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had an Indian-Chinese wedding in September 2015 at Snug Harbor. We had our ceremony in the Tuscan Garden, our cocktail hour in the Chinese Scholar Garden and our reception in the tented pavilion. It was the best day of our lives and Celebrate at Snug Harbor definitely contributed to the perfection of the day. We were initially hesitant to use Snug Harbor because of mixed reviews, however we LOVED the look and feel of the venue...when we met with Terra Hudson (our contact there) she quickly was able to address all our concerns and as it turns out had been brought in to deal with some of the issues that had previously been brought up in past reviews. From our first meeting with Terra to our wedding day, she was professional, punctual and kept us up to date with everything. Our wedding day turned out to be the same day as the Autumn Moon Festival and anticipating the crowds, Terra was quick to offer that we move our ceremony to the Tuscan Garden from the White Garden at no cost. This was amazing, since the Tuscan garden was suited perfectly for our ceremony with the existing stage. In addition, she worked with our Indian caterers to ensure that they would be able to use the Snug Harbor kitchen facilities given the autumn moon festival would cause road closures impacting their ability to drive in the food. On the wedding day, the staff was on top of everything, ensuring that things kept to the schedule and that we always had a drink in hand and food if we wanted it. We would recommend this venue to anyone, it was perfect, especially for our event which was blending two cultures together.

Profile Picture Ravi, 9/19/15, 13 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Linens

Snug Harbor was such a dream of a place. The Tuscan Garden is absolutely beautiful - we had our cocktail hour there and our guests couldn't stop talking about how stunning it was. It gives you the perfect 'garden wedding' feel, which is what we wanted. The food was spectacular! Such amazing quality, using fresh ingredients grown right on their own farm. The Great Hall's high ceilings, brick floor, and large, sunny windows provide such a charming atmosphere. It's an incredibly unique place for a wedding reception.

Patricia was amazing to work with - she really listens to what you want and delivers. She was also super accommodating as we planned and budgeted, and helped us tweak the menu/service options to bring down our cost a significant amount. For the beauty, the service, and the food, we were incredibly surprised by the cost when compared to other venues in the NJ/NYC area. Snug Harbor is a truly unique place and value.

Profile Picture Daniela, 7/18/15, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Cake, Chairs, Linens

Working with Patricia was a breeze, from the first time we met her through the night... she worked tirelessly throughout the process.

We didn't know Snu Harbox existed in Staten Island... forget about destination weddings!.

Profile Picture Mickey, 9/21/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding was held in Snug Harbor 9/21/14. My ceremony took place in the Tuscan Garden with my cocktail hour to follow in the garden. The garden is beautiful and the ceremony was perfect. I do regret having cocktail hour in the garden seeing as how it was pretty warm out and there were nats attacking my guests. Also, my ceremony took place at sundown so during cocktail hour it was pretty dark and there was a lack of lights and candles provided. My guests were left sitting in the grass in the dark for most of the hour and then had to walk through the dark park to the reception area in the Great Hall ( note to all brides!). However, the team at Snug harbor were pretty awesome.and made our experience amazing. All the negatives were easily forgotten with the hard work and empathy that Sam and Patricia provided for myself, my bridal party, family and guests. Overall my husband i couldnt have been happier with our experience at Snug harbor.

Profile Picture Angelika, 9/21/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are so happy to have held both our ceremony and our reception at Snug Harbor! Patricia and Diane, from Celebrate at Snug Harbor, were extremely responsive, accommodating, and supportive. Our guests raved about our event.

We held our ceremony in the Tuscan Garden. It was raining on and off all day, and the staff allowed us to hold off on our decision as to whether we should move the ceremony indoors until the last possible moment. We took a chance and got very lucky. With such a limited amount of time to prepare, the facilities team was able to setup all the chairs, the maitre d' was able to coordinate all of our guests, and the bridal attendant was able to keep our minds at ease.

Our cocktail hour and reception were held at Celebrate at Snug Harbor. The two halls are gorgeous (especially those high ceilings and large windows in the Upper Great Hall!). Everything looked fantastic. The tables were set beautifully, all staff members were extremely professional, and guests both young and old had a great time.

For future brides/grooms that are going through the planning process (especially the worrywarts like us), I would really like to emphasize that our experience with Celebrate at Snug Harbor was fantastic because of how open and honest they were throughout the entire process. You'll see some good reviews and you'll see some bad reviews. What's great is that you don't have to worry about things getting swept under the rug. They are constantly reviewing the feedback they receive and really improving things based on it. We signed with them about a year and a half before our date, and through that time, we saw how much potential the venue has and how far they have come to achieve it.

Profile Picture User4457449, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Celebrate at Snug Harbor is honestly a hidden gem in New York!

Located in Staten Island, Celebrate at Snug Harbor boasts beautiful, picturesque botanical gardens among the hustle and bustle of the city. I had the task of planning my wedding in 3 months, and I was so fortunate to find Celebrate. They were responsive and friendly, and quickly set me up with an appointment to visit the venue. I had the pleasure of meeting Jeanne, the president of Landmark Hospitality (the company that runs Celebrate at Snug Harbor), and she was amazing. She took me under her wing, and worked with me to ensure that my wedding would be perfect. Jeanne knew the time crunch I was under, and was so thoughtful in pricing and planning.

My event specialist was Terra, and she was wonderful. Terra was professional, warm, and made sure she answered any questions I had. She was patient and checked in frequently to gather important details she needed for the day of the wedding. The staff was Celebrate was also really great! Our bridal attendant paid attention our needs, and made sure that my husband and I had time to hydrate and eat during our wedding day.

Our wedding was held inside the Great Hall, and it was absolutely perfect! The high ceilings, tall windows and neutral colors were picture perfect, and I loved the natural lighting that filled the entire room.

Overall, Celebrate at Snug Harbor was the perfect wedding venue, and I would recommend it in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Christy, 8/15/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I have nothing but praise for Celebrate at Snug Harbor. They made our wedding a dream come true. The Ceremony was in the Tuscan Garden, and it was absolutely beautiful with the roses in bloom. The reception was in the Great Hall, which was also breathtaking. We booked the place with Jeanmarie. She was extremely helpful, but she left the company 6 months before the wedding. Anastasia followed up with us, and Diane became our primary point of contact. Diane was extremely helpful and quick to answer emails and phone calls. She was so helpful during our finals meeting and picking out our menu. Our bridal attendant was Sam, and our Maitre’d was David. They were both excellent. David came to our rehearsal to speak to our wedding planner about any last minute details that he might have missed. We have a lot of bridesmaids, so we had our hair and make-up done at the hotel. Even so, we arrived to drop our things off in the Snug Harbor bridal suite, and Sam already had champagne bottles on ice with snacks waiting for us. She had beer ready for the groomsmen while they waited for photos to start. When we got back from our photo shoot during cocktail hour, Sam had a selection of our cocktail hour waiting for us on a plate in our bridal suite. She also checked on us throughout the whole night. She carefully packaged all of our belongings and leftovers with sweet notes ready to be brought to the car. Sam and David made the whole day so easy and relaxing. There is a service elevator, but the walk to the elevator is a bit long. Our grandparents opted to just take the stairs to dinner. It got hot in the Great Hall. The park is in charge of the AC, so the staff had to call the park security to lower the temperature. No Biggie. Our guests loved the venue. Everyone raved about the food at cocktail hour and dinner. I feel like I am rambling on, but there’s just too many positives about Celebrate at Snug Harbor. It’s a unique venue that takes your away from the hustle and bustle of NYC.

Profile Picture Cristina, 6/29/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Snug Harbor was the perfect place for my wedding!
The staff was so attentive.
Jeanne was a joy to work with!

Profile Picture Lisa, 6/9/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was simply amazing thanks to the professional and supportive staff of Celebrate at Snug Harbor! Our guests loved the food, the staff was excellent and we could not have imagined a better event. Unfortunately for us, it poured the evening of our wedding so our outdoor ceremony was out. Lauren, our wedding coordinator, worked with us to find another lovely venue on site and it was even better than we could have imagined. We really can't say enough about them- simply the best!!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/23/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Terra and the whole staff was amazing. Every detail was taken care of. Not a thing to worry about except to enjoy the day. Would highly recommend this place and Terra Hudson :)

Profile Picture Susan, 7/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at Snug Harbor in September 2015, using the Tuscan Garden for the ceremony, the Chinese Scholar's Garden for the cocktail hour, and the tented pavilion for the reception. We were initially hesitant to have our wedding there due to some of the negative reviews we read, but the scenery and atmosphere were exactly what we were looking for, so we took the risk. It turns out there was no need to worry, as the staff had already changed around in order to deal with the problems of the past.

From the beginning, working with Terra was a joy. She was very organized, and kept in frequent contact with us throughout the year to make sure our questions were answered and we were on track with our planning. It's clear she has a lot of experience making events run smoothly. It all paid off, as everything went perfectly as planned on the day of the wedding. The staff were all very helpful and attentive, especially maitre d' David and bridal attendant Jessica. The food was delicious. We couldn't have asked for a nicer wedding day, and we're so glad we chose Snug Harbor to host it.

Profile Picture Caroline, 9/5/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cake, Chairs, Linens

Our wedding at Snug Harbor was a dream-come-true.

Snug Harbor has historic, columned buildings, a gorgeous fountain, and lots of botanical gardens, including a Chinese Scholar's Garden. Our photos were beautiful, varied, and definitely "us".

We held the ceremony on the steps of the Music Hall, but there are plenty of options on site, both indoor and out, for the ceremony.

The reception was in the Great Hall, which has HUGE vaulted ceilings, historic details, and lots of "banquettes" where you can tuck the DJ, gift table, and a photo booth!

And can we talk about the food? Let's talk about the food: AMAZING. The hors d'ouevres were great and we were able to accommodate everyone's dietary restrictions via buffet stations. Plus: Mac & Cheese! Yum! You hear stories about couples that forget to eat during their wedding - trust me, you won't forget when the food is this good!

Our attendant was very attentive and made sure we had everything we needed throughout the day, and Landmark Hospitality helped us create our perfect day. They accommodated our offbeat elements (including an unexpected pinata) and were a pleasure to work with.

Nitty-gritty wise - Snug Harbor is easy to get to, has plenty of parking, and unlike any other venue in NYC. If you want a wedding that your guests are going to be talking about years later, you really can't go wrong with Snug Harbor.

Profile Picture User3033373, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Snug harbor was the most perfect venue for our wedding! It was an absolutely gorgeous setting- set amid gardens and easily accessible from NYC.

We saw about 15 different venues before we fell in love with snug. It's distinct feel and unique setup really set it above the rest. Additionally, it was important for us to have most things included within the venue (ex: catering and ceremony location).

We got married on Labor Day weekend in the Tuscan garden, had cocktail hour out there and then the reception in the Great Hall. We took pictures on the grounds prior to the ceremony.

I truly believe this is the most hidden gem of a venue in New York and would recommend it to anyone. While we live in Manhattan, having our guests take the ferry over made for a fun experience (especially for out of towners). A good deal of our guests drove as well, which worked out great.

We were quite worried based on some of the other reviews but Landmark turned this place around and eased any concerns. The venue staff did a phenomenal job ensuring everything was on track and aligned with our expectations. This was especially important as we did not book a day of coordinator separately. David (the maitre'd) and Jessica (bridal attendant) particularly stood out.

The food was awesome (guests loved it). Having the cake included was a great plus as well. The staff were able to keep things moving perfectly the day of- very natural transitions throughout the evening (aka cocktail hour to reception). We were not rushed out at the end, and were able to calmly pack up and head out.
Snug was also really helpful in some of their vendor recommendations.

Profile Picture Mariya, 9/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding would not have been the same amazing experience without Snug Harbor. Terra and her team run a tight ship here. I had people asking during my wedding if I had hired a wedding planner - nope, just Terra. And she comes with the venue!

1. The venue could not be more gorgeous. I did not want a gaudy typical wedding venue with tacky statues and fountains...I also didn't want to get married in an industrial cold and modern warehouse in Brooklyn. Those seemed to be the only types of options in the NY-NJ area. For smaller weddings, you can choose the White Garden/Chinese Garden/Tented Pavilion option. Or, for indoor ceremonies, the Art Gallery. For larger weddings, you can choose the Great Hall/Tuscan Garden. All are beautiful. Here are a few photos: http://sarahkinslow.com/blog/2016/6/28/gingelalltheway.

2. It was the best spend of my entire wedding budget. No, this is not a "budget" wedding, but compared to other venues in the area this is a steal. Keep in mind, with Snug Harbor you're getting TONS of food: cocktail hour, with a signature cocktail, passed small plates, cutting board, passed wine, open bar, pasta station, entrees, cake, dessert table, and more (everyone said everything was delicious); small decorations like candles and a tented pavilion with string lights (ladies, a tent and lighting alone is going to cost you 1K each to bring in yourself anywhere else!); fantastic staff including a bridal attendant and professional servers; and one of the most beautiful venues (plus on-site, free parking).

3. Did I mention Terra? There were two weddings at the venue that day and I have no idea how she was in a two places at once. I was definitely the "lesser spend" of the two weddings as well, but was still treated like a priority. She is also honest, recommending the buffet to me instead of formal dinner and also mentioning I probably wouldn't need an extra hour at the bar - both decisions which saved me a lot of $

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine, Parking, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Cake, Event Planning, Set Up

In sum, we could not be happier that we chose the magical venue of Snug Harbor to have our once in a life time wedding at. We are thrilled with the exceptional service we received, with the way the venue looked and literally everything about our experience. From the onset, Terra was a great help, providing tremendous insight about the menu, our wedding date and the services the venue offered. Our booking took some negotiation and some flexibility. We did have to change the wedding after a scheduling conflict with another acitivity in the park, but Terra and the staff worked with us to make us feel like we werent slighted and coordinated a new date for us.

From the moment we arrived at the venue, the bride's bridal party utilized the unique and beautiful bridal suite to get ready and take some elegant pictures (exactly what we envisioned when we chose the venue) and the guys used the tremendous grounds for pictures

Our first look took place in the long grass covered arched path which provided for the perfect scene. Once again, exactly what we envisioned when we decided this was the venue in which we wanted to be married.

The Chinese Garden offers great pic ops and afterwards, we proceeded to the Tuscan Garden for our ceremony. It was breathtaking and the guests all raved about the scenery, despite the hit hot summer day. We didnt eat the cocktail hour because of pictures, but guests raved about the amount of food and some thought it was the actual dinner.

We had our recepton at the Great Hall, and it was perfect. We had approximately 150 people and it seemed like it could fit another 200 easy. The ceilings were amazingly high and the sunlight provided a great back drop to our special day.

All in all, the venue was exceptional. We wanted something out of the ordinary, something with a unique outside space for the ceremony and a memorable indoor area for the reception. We couldnt not have picked a classier venue that represented us.

Profile Picture Danielle and Kon, 7/12/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Snug harbor was a beautiful and accommodating reception site. We had both a large engagement party (100 guests) and an even larger wedding reception (250 guests) here. Kim walked us through everything and provided very helpful seasoned guidance. We were probably the last wedding they did under the business name Neptune's at Snug Harbor, but I'm sure that their service will continue to be outstanding. Thank you snug harbor!

Profile Picture kiran, 12/12/09, 5 Reviews