Bethesda, MD 20817 Map · Phone number

About Carte Blanche Events

Kelley Lynn Freeman is a graduate of Shepherd University with a degree in Mass Communications with an emphasis in Radio and Television. She pursued a career in radio where she hosted the Morning Drive Show on Maryland's WQHQ FM.

She entered the Hospitality industry twenty years ago. Spending several years with Hotels, in 1996 she opened the Dave & Buster's as a special event, marketing and public relations manager for their 60,000 square foot complex located in North Bethesda, Maryland.

From 1998 to 2003, Kelley served as the Catering Sales Manager and wedding specialist for the historic Watergate Hotel in Washington, DC. During her tenure Kelley hosted some of the world's most famous people including First Lady Laura Bush, the King and Queen of Sweden, foreign ambassadors and Fortune 500 company leaders.

In 2004 Kelley started her own company Carte Blanche, LLC Fine Events, where she plans social, corporate and specializes in weddings for her clients in the metropolitan area.

Kelley is the immediate past regional one vice president serving on the National Board of NACE for six years and is an active member of the International Special Events Society. She is active in a number of philanthropic and charitable organizations including the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. She resides in Bethesda, Maryland with her husband Mark, son Hudson and their pug Mulligan.

3a716801d86b1531 1249051076185 2272
photography by Rodney Bailey
Couple in front of church
photography by Rodney Bailey Couple in front of church
Carte Blanche Events Photography by Freed
3a716801d86b1531 1249051076185 2272

4 Reviews for Carte Blanche Events

Lauren · Married on 10/14/2017

Kelley and her team were such a joy to work with. She truly was able to deliver the wedding of my dreams. I cannot say enough good things about her. Wedding planning can be a stressful process, but she kept our heads on straight, took care of all the details, kept us on track, calmed us down, and providing tons creative ideas. She is truly a professional and so knowledgeable in what she does. Not only did she spend almost every day (of the year) leading up to the wedding talking to me, but she executed our wedding day with precision. Her timeline was impeccable and the flow of the wedding perfection. She was like an artist conducting her orchestra - only you never noticed she was doing it! She worked with the vendors so seamlessly and such a wonderful group of girls on her team that kept me calm the day of my wedding. I miss her already and cannot thank her enough for all of the hard work she put into our special day.

Sent on 11/01/2017

Gabriella · Married on 10/10/2015

Kelly Freeman and her day of team were absolutely wonderful. We did a lot of the initially planning ourselves and really just used Kelly as an occasional resource during the planning. She became more involved after the final venue walkthrough where she was great at helping me make decisions and think of details that I had not thought about. Where she was really invaluable was in managing the vendors leading up to the wedding and the day of. I never had any worries on the day of because I knew one of her team would handle it. She even went above and beyond and had our hotel keep their bar open late to hold our after party, something I hadn't even thought to ask for. I can't say enough about them, her positive energy and can do attitude is exactly what you want on your wedding day.

Sent on 10/23/2015

Brooke · Married on 10/25/2008

I had no idea what to expect out of a wedding planner; the world of wedding was entirely new to me, but similar to most brides the one thing I did know was I wanted my wedding to be spectacular!

Enter Cart Blanche Events planner Kelley Freeman. Kelley is a seasoned events planner who knows her stuff. From rules and etiquette to wording your invitations, venue choices, creating the atmosphere you desire and achieving a perfect reception design, she will be by your side helping guide you in the right direction the entire time.

The things I valued most about Kelley and Carte Blanche Events was first and foremost her organization and attention to details (which I would have unquestionably overlooked). Kelley has an essential ability to work out any of the tricky particulars that arise during planning an event, big or small. She will literally make your dreams come true through asking all of the right questions. Then she'll proceed to go beyond your dreams as she introduces you to a style of event planning that only she can offer; a style made of professionalism, elegance, compassion, intelligence, experience and creativity.

I am truly grateful for Kelley and Carte Blanche Events. Thanks to Kelley and her talent, my wedding day was a flawless fairytale brought to life.

Sent on 08/20/2009

• What is the hourly rate? $ 175.00
  • How many planners are on your team? 6

• Suburban Video
    Suburban Video Wedding Videographers

We have had the pleasure of working together as part of their team for many events over the years. Their clients rave about them and so do we. They will take your event to the next level. Extremely professional, personable, service oriented, creative, innovative, intelligent group of coordinators. We highly recommend Carte Blanche Events.

• Bethesda, 20817 See on map