Alexandria, VA 22304 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC

Hello! I am Carolyn Thombs a professional makeup artist living in the Northern Virginia area, but I am willing to travel depending on your needs. I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you to see if I am the right choice as your artist for your special day! Now here is a little bit about how I approach the art of makeup.

I am not just a Professional Makeup Artist, I approach each client and face as a piece of artwork. Each client's face is differnt and has different needs, therefore each piece is an original translating your inner beauty to the surface for everyone to see. Each client is provided with an indepth consultation ensuring that services provided to them are tailored specifically for their needs and desires. I only use high quality products and am also flexibile as to each client's sensitivities.

I do weddings, commercial and editorial photo shoots as well as hands on consulting in the Virginia, DC, Maryland, New York, Charlottesville and Philadelphia areas and am willing to travel outside of these areas as well.

If you every have any questions about my style, past work or what my favorite lipstick is please feel free to ask!

( bookings@carolynthombs.com )

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 6
Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 7
  • Mary D.

Mary Davies · Married on 06/02/2019

Everything a bride needs & more

Carolyn could not be more perfect--she really is everything a bride could ever want. She is professional and full of wisdom & vision, while also energetic and so fun. I rarely wear makeup and usually go for a more ~natural~ look, even for special events, so I was definitely hesitant about my wedding day. I was nervous that I was going to feel caked and not like myself. But let me tell you--CAROLYN DELIVERED. Thanks to her hair and makeup expertise, she was able to enhance my natural look and make me feel confident and gorgeous. She took my ideas and ran with them, and did the same for my bridesmaids and mom. We are all obsessed and couldn't not give higher praise. Carolyn is a total rockstar and I am so grateful she was a part of my day.

Sent on 08/03/2019
  • Kathryn

Kathryn Ladewski · Married on 05/26/2019

Delightful experience

It was such a pleasure working with Carolyn. I had trouble finding someone who was available on my date (a holiday weekend), and had found a different hair person before I found Carolyn for makeup. The hair trial with the other person didn't go well, so I asked Carolyn if she could do both hair and makeup for our group. I'm so glad I did! She was such a pleasure to work with, and she did a fantastic job on both hair and makeup. I had four bridesmaids and two flower girls, so due to time constraints, we asked her to bring an assistant (who turned out to be her mom! It was so cute). I was really pleased with the way it all turned out, and couldn't have enjoyed the experience of working with Carolyn more. Thank you!

Sent on 06/28/2019

Caroline · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing!

Carolyn is so fun and chill and easy to talk to which made the whole process leading up to, and day of, awesome. I don’t usually wear makeup so she made me feel really comfortable and created a look that was true to me. She really listens to what you want, which I think is very important with anyone involved in your beauty team. I’ve had makeup done as a bridesmaid before and when I would say “natural” I somehow would always end up with heavy eye makeup that I was uncomfortable with. When I first met Carolyn, it was actually while getting my makeup done as (again) a bridesmaid, but when I told her natural she actually delivered. I knew then that I needed her for my wedding in Florida, even if that meant paying a travel fee. So, so, SO worth it! It’s been a couple weeks since the wedding and I’m still getting compliments from guests about how good the whole bridal party’s makeup looked. I cannot recommend Carolyn Thombs enough. She is a great artist with a great personality. Really can’t go wrong!!

Sent on 05/31/2019

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC Pricing

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC Price Rates

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC FAQ

• What is the base price for blowouts for brides? $ 150.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for brides? $ 100.00
  • What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 100.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 80.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for brides? $ 150.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides? $ 100.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members? $ 100.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for attendants/family members? $ 80.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides? $ 175.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides? $ 150.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members? $ 115.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes? No
  • What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Group Discounts
  • What hair services do you offer? Blowouts, Updos / Styling
  • What makeup services do you offer? Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Tattoo Coverage
  • What is the maximum group size you can accommodate? 12

• Photography by Amy Nicole
    Photography by Amy Nicole Wedding Photographers

Carolyn is an amazing stylist, hair and makeup artist and brilliant blogger! She enhances the beauty of anyone she works with and is a beautiful person, inside and out. Her talent is beyond exceptional. I would recommend her to anyone looking for their upcoming Wedding day to any other occasion. You won't be disappointed!

• Eight Tree Street
    Eight Tree Street Wedding Florists

We love working with Carolyn Thombs Makeup Artistry & Consulting,. Carolyn has an amazing eye for details, and her makeup designs are beyond gorgeous, enhancing the natural beauty of each bride. As a consulting firm, she also specializes in fashion and overall looks for your wedding day. We highly recommend Carolyn Thombs Makeup Artistry & Consulting, she is the best in the industry!

• J'Adorn Designs
    J'Adorn Designs Wedding Jewelers

I have worked with Carolyn on multiple styled shoots and have also had the privilege of having her do my makeup for my own head shots. She is simply a joy to work with. Carolyn has a great sense of style, expertise in the products with which she works, and makes every client feel comfortable and at ease in her chair. She does beautiful work and has a warm professional manner. Highly recommended!

• Alexandria, 22304 See on map