Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC

Alexandria, VA View map

Hello! I am Carolyn Thombs a professional makeup artist living in the Northern Virginia area, but I am willing to travel depending on your needs. I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you to see if I am the right choice as your artist for your special day! Now here is a little bit about how I approach the art of makeup.

I am not just a Professional Makeup Artist, I approach each client and face as a piece of artwork. Each client's face is differnt and has different needs, therefore each piece is an original translating your inner beauty to the surface for everyone to see. Each client is provided with an indepth consultation ensuring that services provided to them are tailored specifically for their needs and desires. I only use high quality products and am also flexibile as to each client's sensitivities.

I do weddings, commercial and editorial photo shoots as well as hands on consulting in the Virginia, DC, Maryland, New York, Charlottesville and Philadelphia areas and am willing to travel outside of these areas as well.

If you every have any questions about my style, past work or what my favorite lipstick is please feel free to ask!

( bookings@carolynthombs.com )

What is the base price for blowouts for brides?

$150.00

What is the price of trial service for blowouts for brides?

$100.00

What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members?

$100.00

What is the price of trial service for blowouts for attendants/family members?

$80.00

What is the base price for updos/styling for brides?

$150.00

What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides?

$100.00

What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members?

$80.00

What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides?

$175.00

What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides?

$150.00

What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?

$115.00

$100.00

Does makeup price include false lashes?

What beauty services do you offer?

Consultations
Group Services
Hair
Makeup
Group Discounts

What hair services do you offer?

Blowouts
Updos / Styling

What makeup services do you offer?

Contour Makeup
Fake Lashes
Tattoo Coverage

What is the maximum group size you can accommodate?

• Keri
    Keri F. Getting married on 04/11/2022

Picture perfect hair and make-up!

I highly recommend Carolyn for all of your wedding beauty needs! Everything was perfect from our first consultation phone call to the day of. Carolyn is laid back, sweet and fun to talk to. She's open and honest and really listens to what you what. I absolutely LOVED my make-up after my trial. She took very detailed notes and pictures to ensure that my wedding day look was exactly as the trial. I decided after the trial to make a slight change to my hair and sent Carolyn a picture. It was absolute perfection!
    We did my make-up early in the morning and it lasted all day well into the night. The only thing we touched up was my lipstick and gloss and Carolyn provided a full set for my to use throughout the day. Several people commented on how well both my hair and my make-up still looked at the end of the night.
    I really couldn't have been happier with Carolyn and her work. I'm so happy that my wedding planner introduced us!
    Jessica B. Getting married on 11/10/2021

Wedding Makeup AND Hair All in One!

Carolyn was recommended by my wedding photographer and best of all did my hair AND makeup! It felt nice not to have to have more people around than necessary still during the pandemic. She was very professional and extra cautious of keeping everyone safe! She took the time to listen to my vision and the three other women apart of my wedding. It was reassuring to have a trial done beforehand and had everyone ready right on time on the big day! I looked and felt like the best and prettiest version of myself!
    Shayma J. Married on 09/05/2021

Best decision ever

My makeup was what I was most nervous about for my wedding. I am not a big makeup person and wanted to look beautiful but natural for my wedding day. I also did not want to pay an arm and a leg or a ridiculous minimum for every component of hair and makeup. I looked and looked and then had the great stroke of luck to find Carolyn. Carolyn listens deeply; she has incredible talent to bring your vision to life; the humility to take feedback and incorporate it to perfect the look you want; and the creativity and professionalism to make extra touches to give you a look that even you did not envision. She is warm, sweet, made everyone so comfortable, and gave me the exact look I wanted for my big day. I am SO thankful I found her and will tell you sincerely-- don't look further!!!!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Pricing

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC Price Rates

Photography by Amy Nicole Photography by Amy Nicole Wedding Photographers

Carolyn is an amazing stylist, hair and makeup artist and brilliant blogger! She enhances the beauty of anyone she works with and is a beautiful person, inside and out. Her talent is beyond exceptional. I would recommend her to anyone looking for their upcoming Wedding day to any other occasion. You won't be disappointed!

Eight Tree Street Eight Tree Street Wedding Florists

We love working with Carolyn Thombs Makeup Artistry & Consulting,. Carolyn has an amazing eye for details, and her makeup designs are beyond gorgeous, enhancing the natural beauty of each bride. As a consulting firm, she also specializes in fashion and overall looks for your wedding day. We highly recommend Carolyn Thombs Makeup Artistry & Consulting, she is the best in the industry!

J'Adorn Designs J'Adorn Designs Wedding Jewelers

I have worked with Carolyn on multiple styled shoots and have also had the privilege of having her do my makeup for my own head shots. She is simply a joy to work with. Carolyn has a great sense of style, expertise in the products with which she works, and makes every client feel comfortable and at ease in her chair. She does beautiful work and has a warm professional manner. Highly recommended!

Alexandria, 22304
Location of (Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC)

Other vendors in Washington DC for your wedding