Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC Reviews

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 3
Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 4
Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 5

Ashley · Married on 09/28/2019

Book Carolyn if you want a beautiful, stress free experience for your big day!

Carolyn did my HMU and various hair and makeup jobs for my mom, mother in law, and wedding party and did a FABULOUS job. I wanted a “natural yet bold” look and she nailed it. She was amenable to last minutes changes and was very patient throughout the process. My HMU experience with Carolyn was so great that it convinced two of my friends to also do HMU for their wedding, even though they had not been planning to. 10/10 would recommend.

Sent on 11/16/2019

Renee · Married on 08/03/2019

Don't wait to book Carolyn

Carolyn was such a joy to work with throughout the wedding process. I'm normally just a mascara and chapstick girl so was very nervous about booking a HMUA artist. From the beginning, she was so flexible and patient with me. She was also by far the most responsive of all of my vendors which I deeply appreciated while I was deep into wedding planning stress.

Carolyn and her mom did hair and makeup for myself, 5 of my bridesmaids, my mom, and mother-in-law. They all also wear little to no makeup on a daily basis and she made all of us feel beautiful that day. If you're on the fence about different artists, reach out to Carolyn!

Sent on 11/17/2019
  • Kate

Kate Hayes · Married on 07/20/2019

Carolyn did a fabulous job!!

I was married on 7/20/2019 at Pippin Hill Farm and Vineyards right outside of Charlottesville, VA. Carolyn did a fantastic job with hair and makeup for me, my three bridesmaids, two junior bridesmaids, and my mom and grandmother. She was super professional and flexible with changes to our timeline. It was also the hottest day of the year and my makeup withstood the heat amazingly! She really did a beautiful job! I got so many compliments and the photos turned out to be lovely. I highly recommend Carolyn for your wedding (or any special occasion!) She’s a pleasure to work with :)

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 6
    Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 7
    Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 06/15/2019

Simply the best!

Carolyn is an absolutely amazing person and will make you look and feel the best ever on your wedding day. One thing I didn't realize about your wedding day is how much time you spend with your hair and makeup artist (especially if you have a lot of bridesmaids!). Carolyn gets to know you and your style so she can get your hair and makeup just right. We were just married in June, and already 2 of my bridesmaids have asked for her contact info so they can use her for their own/friends weddings. To quote my husband, "I don't think I've ever seen you look more radiant", and I couldn't have been happier! Carolyn, I can't say thank you enough for making my day extra special.

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 8
    Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Mary D.

Mary Davies · Married on 06/02/2019

Everything a bride needs & more

Carolyn could not be more perfect--she really is everything a bride could ever want. She is professional and full of wisdom & vision, while also energetic and so fun. I rarely wear makeup and usually go for a more ~natural~ look, even for special events, so I was definitely hesitant about my wedding day. I was nervous that I was going to feel caked and not like myself. But let me tell you--CAROLYN DELIVERED. Thanks to her hair and makeup expertise, she was able to enhance my natural look and make me feel confident and gorgeous. She took my ideas and ran with them, and did the same for my bridesmaids and mom. We are all obsessed and couldn't not give higher praise. Carolyn is a total rockstar and I am so grateful she was a part of my day.

Sent on 08/03/2019
  • Kathryn

Kathryn Ladewski · Married on 05/26/2019

Delightful experience

It was such a pleasure working with Carolyn. I had trouble finding someone who was available on my date (a holiday weekend), and had found a different hair person before I found Carolyn for makeup. The hair trial with the other person didn't go well, so I asked Carolyn if she could do both hair and makeup for our group. I'm so glad I did! She was such a pleasure to work with, and she did a fantastic job on both hair and makeup. I had four bridesmaids and two flower girls, so due to time constraints, we asked her to bring an assistant (who turned out to be her mom! It was so cute). I was really pleased with the way it all turned out, and couldn't have enjoyed the experience of working with Carolyn more. Thank you!

Sent on 06/28/2019

Caroline · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing!

Carolyn is so fun and chill and easy to talk to which made the whole process leading up to, and day of, awesome. I don’t usually wear makeup so she made me feel really comfortable and created a look that was true to me. She really listens to what you want, which I think is very important with anyone involved in your beauty team. I’ve had makeup done as a bridesmaid before and when I would say “natural” I somehow would always end up with heavy eye makeup that I was uncomfortable with. When I first met Carolyn, it was actually while getting my makeup done as (again) a bridesmaid, but when I told her natural she actually delivered. I knew then that I needed her for my wedding in Florida, even if that meant paying a travel fee. So, so, SO worth it! It’s been a couple weeks since the wedding and I’m still getting compliments from guests about how good the whole bridal party’s makeup looked. I cannot recommend Carolyn Thombs enough. She is a great artist with a great personality. Really can’t go wrong!!

Sent on 05/31/2019

Lauren · Married on 04/27/2019

Above and beyond service!

Carolyn was wonderful to work with! During the trial, I didn't really know what I wanted, but after a quick discussion she was able to come up with the perfect look. She really made me to look amazing on my big day! On top of all of that, when another hair dresser messed up my sister's (maid of honor!) hair, Carolyn got her curling iron and fixed it for her in between doing our makeup! She really saved the day and went completely above and beyond to make everything perfect. She has a wonderful personality and is a delight to work with. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/02/2019

Melissa · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing experience!

Carolyn did my hair and makeup on my wedding day as well as my bridesmaids - we had such an incredible experience and everything turned out amazing! She did such a wonderful job and I would highly recommend! We actually had a few bridesmaids ask for hair/makeup last minute after seeing how well other girls turned out! =)

Sent on 06/03/2019

Katheryn M. · Married on 11/17/2018

Look no further than Carolyn - she is THE BEST! A true artist!

Carolyn can truly work magic with hair and makeup! While I could write a novel of a review of how great it was working with her, we’ll keep it to the highlights: (1) Carolyn was incredibly responsive throughout the planning process, and was very receptive to feedback between the trial run and the wedding day; (2) She has mastered the “natural” wedding look and a wide range of hairstyles; (3) Her magnetic, joyful personality made every interaction with her fun and stress-free (very important on the day-of!!); (4) She did a fabulous job working with a wide range of hair types and lengths, as well as complexions of the bridal party. In short – look no further than Carolyn – she is the BEST of the BEST!!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC's reply:

Thank you Katheryn so much for these kind words and taking the time to write this!! You are the sweetest and you were such a stunning bride!!! Xoxo

Robyn · Married on 11/11/2018

Wedding makeup

Carolyn was so professional and willing to take on a bride with 10 bridesmaids. She had two assistants and completed everyone’s hair and makeup with time to spare! I was overly organized with my timeline, but she was just as organized with hers. She made the experience so pleasant!

Sent on 01/07/2019

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC's reply:

Thank you so much Robyn for the kind words!! You were such an amazing and stunning bride to work with!!!

xoxo
  • Sarah

Sarah Braswell · Married on 10/27/2018

Carolyn is the BEST!

I hired Carolyn to my wedding hair and makeup after seeing what a fabulous job she did for a friend's wedding. In addition to being super talented, Carolyn treats you like a friend! She is super responsive, professional, and helpful. My mom wasn't planning to get professional makeup done because she felt like it always looks "clowny" but after Carolyn did my trial, she decided to get it done because she loved how natural and beautiful it looked! She did an amazing job on the bride, bridesmaids and moms/aunts, ranging from 30 - 70! I couldn't recommend Carolyn enough!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Kathleen · Married on 10/13/2018

Simply the best

Carolyn was my makeup artist for my wedding, and I could not have been happier with my experience. She made the trial incredibly easy and really listened to my feedback and what I wanted. When it came to the actual day, she completely knocked it out of the park. One of my friends summed it up perfectly when she said "You looked like yourself, but the absolute best version of you!" I couldn't have asked for a better result.

Additionally, I had a large (read: record-setting) bridal party and every single bridesmaid looked amazing! I was nervous about the timeline for getting everyone ready, but Carolyn was calm, cool, and collected and got through everyone AHEAD of schedule! She made sure that everyone was comfortable with their look and did touch-ups as needed. Everyone was thrilled with their makeup and looked amazing.

I am so glad Carolyn was there for me on my wedding day - and I will definitely be keeping her in mind for future events! She is truly an artist and so fun to work with. Run, do not walk, to hire her for your wedding!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Adam · Married on 09/01/2018

Carolyn was an absolute joy to work with. Not only is she a fantastic makeup artist and hair stylist, but she is a wonderful person. She was incredibly calm and comforting on the big day. She was incredibly responsive throughout the planning process, and she listened to my concerns and requests. I was so happy with how I looked. (I had asked for a natural make-up palette and it came out perfectly!) Thank you, Carolyn. I so appreciated the chance to work with you. - Meg (bride)

Sent on 09/22/2018

Laura Deutsch · Married on 08/12/2018

Professional, friendly and flexible!

Carolyn provides the exceptional service you hope from all your wedding vendors! She's friendly and engaging, provides tips throughout the process based on your skin type or makeup preference, and keeps her schedule flexible in case you need a second trial or want to change things at the last minute. I was very nervous about my makeup because I have acne prone skin and I was worried about being able to cover up some acne scars. She worked miracles and once I got my wedding photos back, I realized my skin looked smooth and Carolyn hid everything perfectly! On the big day, she arrived on time, handled all my bridesmaids and flower girls beautifully, and was so positive and supportive, that she definitely played a big role in calming my nerves. She also left me with a few samples, which was very helpful for reapplication throughout the night. I would highly recommend Carolyn and would not hesitate to book her services again for another event.

Sent on 04/29/2019

Melinda · Married on 08/11/2018

I loved having the opportunity to work with Carolyn! She did an amazing job capturing the look I envisioned for my wedding day. She also did hair & MU for my mom and sister, which turned out beautifully. My sister had chopped her hair off a week before the wedding and somehow Carolyn miraculously was still able to pull off a stunning updo for her! We had some edits from my trial, Carolyn was open to my suggestions and accommodating for these changes. She was able to use her experience, style, and expertise to make all turn out flawlessly on wedding day. Thank you, dear Carolyn, for making me feel beautiful on my special day. I’m incredibly grateful for your time, advice, and help throughout the entire wedding process. I would highly recommend Carolyn to anyone needing hair and makeup services for their special event or celebration!

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 9
    Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 10
    Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 11
    Sent on 09/30/2018

Michelle · Married on 08/10/2018

Carolyn is very passionate about what she does - creating happiness by making amazing looks for ladies of all types. Carolyn was my wedding make up artist and I couldn’t be happier with my look - we did a trial run three months before the wedding and Carolyn took careful notes of what I wanted. Wedding day make up turned out to be so stress free and I looked gorgeous (both hair and makeup). She also helped the photographer with amazing shots while we did the make up. Would recommend all brides out there to work with Carolyn!

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 12
    Sent on 10/04/2018

Jessica · Married on 05/26/2018

I absolutely loved working with Carolyn for my hair and makeup on my wedding day and rehearsal! Carolyn did my mother's and my hair & makeup for my rehearsal in addition to my wedding party as well on the wedding day. She did a fabulous job of listening to my request and being patient to make sure that the final product was exactly as I had envisioned. Following the trial with Carolyn, I felt confident that my hair and makeup would be flawless on the wedding day. Additionally, she was extremely flexible with last minute timing changes, which as a bride makes your life so much easier! I would absolutely recommend Carolyn for any bride looking for someone who will patiently work with them to create their perfect bridal look!

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 13
    Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 14
    Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 15
    Sent on 07/17/2018

Sarah · Married on 05/19/2018

Carolyn did an amazing job on my wedding day makeup. She kept my look natural but still glamorous just like I requested. I would definitely recommend her for your big day!

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 16
    Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 17
    Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 18
    Sent on 07/12/2018

Taylor · Married on 05/12/2018

Carolyn was fabulous! I absolutely loved my hair and makeup for my big day, as did my VERY picky relatives! She was quick, easy, and made everyone smile and happy! Couldn't recommend her more!

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 19
    Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 20
    Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 21
    Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 22
    Sent on 07/14/2018

Kate · Married on 04/21/2018

There are not enough words to say how much I enjoyed working with Carolyn throughout my wedding planning process - especially the day of! Hair/makeup are not my strong suit, so I was initially overwhelmed by these items. Carolyn made it so easy! The trial run was fantastic - a great way to get to know Carolyn before the big day and I left knowing my hair and makeup would be fabulous. Since I don't wear makeup in my daily life, I wanted to make sure I looked like myself on my wedding - just a heightened version.
    Carolyn was amazingly responsive and flexible. We needed to add the MOG and flower girl to our schedule at the last minute and Carolyn made it happen without impacting the already perfectly crafted schedule for myself and bridesmaids. Everyone loved her. We never felt rushed - we were able to enjoy our morning without feeling the pressure of a schedule, but knowing that Carolyn was keeping us on track!
    I cannot recommend her highly enough - she is everything I could have wanted or even dreamed!

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 23
    Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 31
    Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 32
    Sent on 06/12/2018

Sarah · Married on 04/07/2018

Carolyn is phenomial! I have utilized her three times since I have lived in the area and for my wedding she out did herself. Our wedding was very early in the morning so I needed an artist that was ok with starting before the sun was up. She was more than happy to accommodate. She was also willing to virtually meet my MOH to plan out the beauty scheme for her since my MOH does not live in the area. I highly recommend her for your makeup and hair artistry needs.

Sent on 07/18/2018

Nataya · Married on 01/27/2018

Carolyn was amazing!! She showed up to the bridal party location which made things so much easier for us on the wedding day. She did a fantastic job on our hair and makeup - we received tons of compliments from everyone at the wedding. I would highly recommend her to anyone that has a wedding or fancy occasion!

Sent on 03/02/2018

Kate · Married on 11/18/2017

Carolyn did hair and makeup for my wedding and was absolutely fabulous. She is easy to be around and created the perfect look for my mom, sister, and me. My hair and makeup looked classic, timeless, and natural, which is exactly what I was hoping for and something Carolyn is very good at. I highly recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 02/07/2018

Virginia · Married on 11/11/2017

I think the only way to start a comment on Carolyn is that when I couldn't find a pair of orange heels to wear on my wedding day, she sent her own pair, a fabulous t-strap suede she'd purchased in Italy, for me to try on.

Then I'll add that on the day that she did my hair and makeup trial run, I met up with my now-husband after and he looked like the emoji with the hearts in its eyes:)

I looked exactly how I wanted to look on my wedding day - like myself, just a li'l smoother and brighter:)

The final take away is that she is just such a delight to work with. I'm so happy she was recommended to me, I will pass along the referral without reservation.

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 33