Carmen Salazar Photography

Sacramento, CA View map
$5,100 Most Popular Price

$5,100 Most Popular Price

Carmen is a couture photographer for the discerning bride. She provides a boutique style of service to her clients and assures that their experience with her will be one of style and class. Her imagery combines that of photojournalism and fashion and her custom album designs tell the complete story of your day. Available for world wide travel - please contact her for her rates.

Katie Married on 06/17/2018
    Carmen is truly THAT nice and THAT good

The first thing you learn about Carmen, is that Carmen loves love. She is over the moon about how you found each other and how wonderful it is that you are making this next step.

Initially, I thought she might be too nice. I have some obscene groomsmen. Could she hang with my boys while we got ready? Or would we feel like we had to act proper? That question got answered at the engagement photo session. Carmen can hang.

Engagement photos - In general it is a good idea to have an engagement photo session. Think of it as a practice session to build a relationship with your photographer. You don’t want to find out she says “now give me a smile superman” on your wedding day (Carmen doesn’t). We learned that Carmen is extremely patient and very good at describing to you what she is looking for in the shot. We also learned that Carmen has a fun side.

One of Carmen’s best traits is that she has amazing people skills. We decided to take our family photos before the ceremony. In general, the act of taking photos makes people nervous and tense. Now add in the stress of a countdown until the actual ceremony and you have a ticking time bomb. This is where Carmen excels. She took command of the 30 people milling around waiting for their turn. This meant she code switched from respectful, patient tone with the slow grandparents, to a “teacher voice” for dumb groomsmen goofing off, and to a baby voice to get the crying flower girls to smile. That was impressive.

Once the photos were ready, Carmen planed a beautiful reveal party at her studio. She provided wine, cheese, snack food and we watched a slide show of the top photos. We then spent a couple hours designing our wedding album. She took so many amazing photos! The whole time we traded stories about how magical our wedding night was. Not only were her photos amazing but the reveal experience was so much fun.

Carmen Salazar Photography's reply:

Katie...seriously...thank you soooo much for kind words and thoughtfulness! It means so much to me that you felt loved on throughout the whole journey! And as you learned, you get EXTRA love when you bring dogs around me too!!! So incredibly happy for you and Poodle and all the adventures you two will share :)
    Nicole Married on 04/20/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Carmen is a wonderful person through and through, to say the very least. I was traveling to Sacramento to photograph a wedding myself, but the traffic was so horrendous we missed the first hour of getting ready photos. The venue called Carmen last minute and she dropped everything to come save the day for us. She provided me her SD and CF cards without question and without asking for a single thing in return. I have never met such a wonderful, kind hearted, helpful person (especially helpful to a complete stranger) and she is an excellent photographer as well. It was a joy to work with her files and I am so glad our paths crossed, albeit in a less than ideal fashion. I cannot say enough glowing things about what she did for us and the immeasurable peace of mind she provided.
    Christine Married on 06/03/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Carmen was, by far, the best decision we made when it came to our wedding. From our first initial call to our engagement photos, the pre-wedding plans and day of photography, she and Kai were the best you could ask for. They captured every special moment and made sure that we were well taken care of. I cannot recommend Carmen enough!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

Deals

Carmen Salazar Photography 1
Discount
Our studio is offering a special for couples planning fabulous destination weddings who would like the peace of mind of having their own personally chosen photographer versus a resort photographer. Please contact our studio to discuss our specials. Specials vary on destination locations and dates available.

Danielle Roe Events Danielle Roe Events Wedding Planners

Carmen is such a joy to work with! Her keen eye for detail and creative spirit makes her a natural behind the camera and her photos are direct representation of these talents. Carmen's calm disposition is a major plus when the excitement and emotions of an event threaten to overcome her subjects. Anyone choosing Carmen Salazar Photography is making a wonderful investment in not just photographs, but memories that will last a lifetime!

Stephanie Teague Events Stephanie Teague Events Wedding Planners

As a wedding planner I come across a lot of photographers but Carmen has amazing talent! Her pictures take my breath away. Any bride and groom should feel honored to have Carmen photograph them.

SJ's Disc Jockey SJ's Disc Jockey Wedding DJs

Carmen is many things, i.e., professional, easy to be around, highly skilled, a person with great vision...the list goes on! I recommend her!

Bella Bloom Flowers
Beauty Box Makeup Arts
5.0 out of 5 rating , 8 Reviews
· Wedding Hair & Makeup

Sacramento, 95864
Location of (Carmen Salazar Photography)

Other vendors in Sacramento for your wedding