22 West Main Street, Brevard, NC 28712 Map · Phone number · Visit website
Most Popular Price $3,300
Availability Check your date
  • Real Weddings 1

About Capturing WNC Photography

We are not just photographers. We are storytellers. Your wedding is when your two stories become one and we feel very privileged to be entrusted the sole responsibility of telling your story. We want to connect with you and learn your story. Our philosophy lies in that life is beautiful just as it is, you just have to put it in the right light to give it the perfect perspective. All the natural scenes, emotional moments, and fleeting emotions laid out in a story of you two. Our experience has brought us around the world to bring that experience back for you.

Follow Capturing WNC Photography on

Capturing WNC Photography 7
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/09/2019

Technical and Artistic Talents Who Have Your Back

What can I say about these two? These two amazing photographers are more than talented photographers, they are great people. They totally exceeded our expectations with beautiful photography that even the most critical guests (including some that have worked regularly with photographers) were in awe of. We only wish we lived in the same town so that we can take them out for a beer and hang out as friends. When I look at their photos I not only see a moment in time, but it recreates a magical feeling of us being there.

I studied photography in art school so I am pretty particular about what I was looking for in our wedding photographers. This wife and husband team are the perfect blend of artistic and technical skill. She has an art degree and he shot sports photography. Perfect.

On our wedding day it rained and we couldn’t have our outdoor garden ceremony as we had planned, but Ansley and Kurt negotiated with the planner and venue owner to allow us to trek up to our dreamy meadow and to the outskirts of the property to get the right shot. At one point I was dodging cow piles and Ansley’s feet were bleeding, but when I brought it up to her she just shrugged it off and smiled without a care in the world. They both expressed nothing but excitement and dedication for us on our day, putting us-the client- first, to capture this special day with love and calculated execution. Everyone, family and vendors alike, sang their praises. It was their first time working with our videographer and planner and we kept hearing compliments about how great they were to work with. Throughout the day, as a bride, I often felt reassured by Ansley that everything was going to work out. My maid of honor still reminds me of the constant joy and enthusiasm that Ansley and Kurt expressed as they did their work. Even the best man pointed out how Kurt ran and jumped onto a moving tractor to get the perfect shot.

At the end of our night, again, the weather didn’t work out as planned. We had to cancel a bonfire due to rain, but Kurt and Ansley found opportunity in the drizzling rain and captured an image that was beyond our wildest dreams. I think my husband and I stood in the rain for maybe 10 minutes to get it right and all we could say is, “Wow!” They will do whatever it takes to do your day right. Whatever. It. Takes.

If you have that one thing you want to downplay with your figure or your face (I had some thinning hair and something with my teeth) they pay attention to angle the shots as best as possible so that you also like the way you look.

You would think all photographers do this, but don’t take it for granted. We had other photographers do our engagement shots that didn’t get it. They made me look like I had 4 chins and made my husband look as if he was a lot older than he was through high contrast photos and bad lighting on the top of his head. No one wants to hire photographers for this one day and wish they caught that something in pivotal shots that ruined the shot. Capturing WNC Photography pays attention to detail and what they include within the frame so that your memories aren’t ruined. I can’t stress that enough.

I mentioned earlier that they do their work with love, and nothing could have said that more than the way they sent us our pictures. After a wedding you could feel like it all escaped you, it all went by too fast, and then here come these two to send us photos on our one-month anniversary. What a gift! Then after you look at the online gallery, they send you a beautiful package wrapped with personal care and attention to detail. I won’t give it away here so that you too can experience the element of surprise we had to have this act of love sent to us.

It took my husband and I 18 months of research to decide on this team. Again, I have high standards for photography. These people know how to time a shot, frame a shot, light a shot, and angle a shot to get it right. You will get timeless candids, the funny, the touching, and all the beautiful classic moments. They made me feel taken care of on my day and like I can trust them with anything. So, stop shopping around and hire these people already!!! You WILL NOT be disappointed.

Check out this photo where they made the rain look like stars and froze the movement of the fireflies!

Sent on 08/24/2019
    Capturing WNC Photography 15
  • Amiee

Amiee · Married on 12/31/2018

Our Superstars- BY FAR.

What can we say about Kurt and Ansley- from the very beginning, my fiance and I just felt we had a connection with them- which was so important given that we are not the most comfortable with cameras and our wedding was teeing up to be a (albeit wonderful) very long day. They made us feel comfortable, relaxed.......and the photos were SO WONDERFUL. Technically, they are superior photographers and videographers. They worked around rain (in both the engagement and wedding photos), low light, and a winter day beautifully- and gave us both memories and photos that we will have forever. EVERYONE should consider hiring them- they were the stars of our wedding team for sure. THANK YOU!

Sent on 05/11/2019
    Capturing WNC Photography 16

Capturing WNC Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,800.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Toning, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,300.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Toning, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Toning, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits

Real Weddings

• WNC Weddings & Events
    WNC Weddings & Events Wedding Planners

Capturing WNC Photography is professional, flexible, and fun to work with - and they "capture" wonderful pictures!

• 22 West Main Street Brevard, North Carolina, 28712 See on map