Capturing WNC Photography Reviews

35 | Brevard, NC

35 Reviews for Capturing WNC Photography

• Jennifer

Jennifer G. 路 Married on 11/28/2020

From beginning to end, a wonderful experience!

I can鈥檛 say enough good things about Ansley and Kurt! From the first conversation, they were warm, enthusiastic, and accommodating. They worked with us to give us exactly the experience we desired and were supportive every step of the way. Having done a tiny COVID wedding, we encountered some challenges, and they communicated and responded promptly as issues came up. They gave us a good deal since our wedding was so small, and they completely understood and respected the safety aspects related to COVID. They were willing to wake up at the crack of dawn to shoot our sunrise ceremony, and they were wonderfully positive about the whole experience. The photos are beautiful! I would totally book them again and recommend them to anyone. 鈽猴笍馃挀

Sent on 12/22/2020

Katie K. 路 Married on 10/11/2020

One of a Kind

If you're looking for amazing quality, memorable, timeless photos of your wedding day (with an awesome and fun couple to spend the day taking pictures with) look no further than Capturing WNC Photography. You always hear your wedding day flies by, and all that's left from the day are memories and your pictures. Keeping this in mind, the photographers had always been something that stood out as one of the top priorities in my mind when looking into vendors for our wedding. Upon looking into Kurt and Ansley's work, we were instantly blown away and left with no hesitation about our choice. From day one, they were more than accommodating, very responsive, and helped us create memories that will last a lifetime. As a COVID bride, it came with a lot of changes on a whim, which, again, this amazing pair was more than happy to work through the changes with us. I can't sing enough high praises about their work, performance, and their overall presence. It was such a special experience. Not to mention, we all know taking pictures can be difficult if you're camera shy (my husband and myself included). BUT I can honestly say, even with all the wedding nerves, Ansley and Kurt made the whole process feel as natural and fun as we've ever felt behind a camera. And it completely shows. They made our wedding day and our pictures everything and more we could have ever dreamed of! Now, when we sit down years from now to look at our wedding pictures/video, we'll be able to relive those precious moments all over again. Thank you all so much!

Sent on 11/11/2020

Ashley S. 路 Married on 09/05/2020

Above and Beyond Amazing!!!

Working with Kurt and Ansley was a delight!! This couple made sure our engagement photos and Wedding day was spectacular!! They went above and beyond in every-way to make our photos fun, timeless, comfortable and the end results will blow you away!! They are fun , energetic, professional and so much more! They will be our go to for any future photos and HIGHLY recommend them to everyone who needs their special moments captured! Thank you so much for making our wedding day so perfect!! Warmest Regards and Appreciation

Sent on 09/11/2020
  • Avery

Avery 路 Married on 10/05/2019

AMAZING photgraphers

Ansley and Kurt were just amazing to work with. Their pictures captured the day perfectly, we couldn't be any happier. They were so much fun to be with on the day of, Ansley especially was a very calming presence for me and she knew exactly what shots we would want in addition to ones we requested. We will be coming back for any big family pictures!

Sent on 11/20/2019

Capturing WNC Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Avery!! That means a lot to us. Thank you guys for all of the kindness and for your adventurous spirits. We can't wait to see you and Joe again soon.
  • Katie

Katie 路 Married on 06/09/2019

Technical and Artistic Talents Who Have Your Back

What can I say about these two? These two amazing photographers are more than talented photographers, they are great people. They totally exceeded our expectations with beautiful photography that even the most critical guests (including some that have worked regularly with photographers) were in awe of. We only wish we lived in the same town so that we can take them out for a beer and hang out as friends. When I look at their photos I not only see a moment in time, but it recreates a magical feeling of us being there.

I studied photography in art school so I am pretty particular about what I was looking for in our wedding photographers. This wife and husband team are the perfect blend of artistic and technical skill. She has an art degree and he shot sports photography. Perfect.

On our wedding day it rained and we couldn鈥檛 have our outdoor garden ceremony as we had planned, but Ansley and Kurt negotiated with the planner and venue owner to allow us to trek up to our dreamy meadow and to the outskirts of the property to get the right shot. At one point I was dodging cow piles and Ansley鈥檚 feet were bleeding, but when I brought it up to her she just shrugged it off and smiled without a care in the world. They both expressed nothing but excitement and dedication for us on our day, putting us-the client- first, to capture this special day with love and calculated execution. Everyone, family and vendors alike, sang their praises. It was their first time working with our videographer and planner and we kept hearing compliments about how great they were to work with. Throughout the day, as a bride, I often felt reassured by Ansley that everything was going to work out. My maid of honor still reminds me of the constant joy and enthusiasm that Ansley and Kurt expressed as they did their work. Even the best man pointed out how Kurt ran and jumped onto a moving tractor to get the perfect shot.

At the end of our night, again, the weather didn鈥檛 work out as planned. We had to cancel a bonfire due to rain, but Kurt and Ansley found opportunity in the drizzling rain and captured an image that was beyond our wildest dreams. I think my husband and I stood in the rain for maybe 10 minutes to get it right and all we could say is, 鈥淲ow!鈥 They will do whatever it takes to do your day right. Whatever. It. Takes.

If you have that one thing you want to downplay with your figure or your face (I had some thinning hair and something with my teeth) they pay attention to angle the shots as best as possible so that you also like the way you look.

You would think all photographers do this, but don鈥檛 take it for granted. We had other photographers do our engagement shots that didn鈥檛 get it. They made me look like I had 4 chins and made my husband look as if he was a lot older than he was through high contrast photos and bad lighting on the top of his head. No one wants to hire photographers for this one day and wish they caught that something in pivotal shots that ruined the shot. Capturing WNC Photography pays attention to detail and what they include within the frame so that your memories aren鈥檛 ruined. I can鈥檛 stress that enough.

I mentioned earlier that they do their work with love, and nothing could have said that more than the way they sent us our pictures. After a wedding you could feel like it all escaped you, it all went by too fast, and then here come these two to send us photos on our one-month anniversary. What a gift! Then after you look at the online gallery, they send you a beautiful package wrapped with personal care and attention to detail. I won鈥檛 give it away here so that you too can experience the element of surprise we had to have this act of love sent to us.

It took my husband and I 18 months of research to decide on this team. Again, I have high standards for photography. These people know how to time a shot, frame a shot, light a shot, and angle a shot to get it right. You will get timeless candids, the funny, the touching, and all the beautiful classic moments. They made me feel taken care of on my day and like I can trust them with anything. So, stop shopping around and hire these people already!!! You WILL NOT be disappointed.

Check out this photo where they made the rain look like stars and froze the movement of the fireflies!

Sent on 08/24/2019
  • Amiee

Amiee 路 Married on 12/31/2018

Our Superstars- BY FAR.

What can we say about Kurt and Ansley- from the very beginning, my fiance and I just felt we had a connection with them- which was so important given that we are not the most comfortable with cameras and our wedding was teeing up to be a (albeit wonderful) very long day. They made us feel comfortable, relaxed.......and the photos were SO WONDERFUL. Technically, they are superior photographers and videographers. They worked around rain (in both the engagement and wedding photos), low light, and a winter day beautifully- and gave us both memories and photos that we will have forever. EVERYONE should consider hiring them- they were the stars of our wedding team for sure. THANK YOU!

Sent on 05/11/2019

Lauren 路 Married on 10/25/2018

Love Them!

Kurt and Ansley are just the best people ever! Our engagement pictures were so amazing that we had to book them for our wedding. Easy to work with, and my parents thought they were just the best couple. You MUST book with them!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Lauren 路 Married on 10/21/2017

There are not enough positive things I can say about Kurt and Ansley. When I was first researching photographers, I was kind of lost. I knew it would be one of the most important decisions for my wedding, but didn't know exactly what I wanted in a photographer. Hunter and I decided to get married in Brevard, NC. We are originally from North Georgia but knew we wanted a destination wedding in the mountains. I found Brevard after discovering Pretty Place Chapel in Cleveland, SC. My mom and I stayed in Brevard the weekend we were going to see the chapel. We met a trio band at dinner, who we booked as the entertainment on our wedding day, who recommended Kurt and Ansley. I quickly scheduled a phone call with them and decided within hours that I wanted them to capture our engagement photos and our wedding. We met up for our engagement shoot and I quickly knew I made the right decision. They made us so comfortable and calm. They brought us to the most beautiful location I think I have ever seen. Once we got our photos back, I was overwhelmed. Tears filled my eyes as I scrolled through our engagement photos. They were more beautiful than I ever imagined. I knew I made the right choice with them.
    They were there for every question, concern, and comment that I may have had.
    Fast forward to our wedding day... They were there when I was getting ready until Hunter and I were running through a tunnel of sparklers. Every detail, special moment, and the quiet moments were captured just perfectly.
    I could go on and on about how amazing these two people are but you really need to just experience it for yourself!!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Brendon 路 Married on 07/01/2017

Ansley and Kurt,

Where do we start? I cant express enough how great you two did at capturing our wedding. I think we have both sat here and relived that day, and can actually remember the exact moment and feeling we had as we look at every picture. You two did an awesome, awesome job. Everyone we have sent the link to have been in awe of the quantity and quality of the pictures. Your pictures have made us laugh, have made us cry, but have really made us understand how blessed we are. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Our wedding will live on through every moment that you two captured! You will always have our support and if we ever need another moment captured, you will be first on our list! Thank you.

Leslie and Brendon

Kurt and Ansley were the best. If you are stressing about who to utilize as your photographers just as we were, let me settle your nerves, use Kurt and Ansley. Its that simple. Now go on stressing about the rest of your wedding, your visual memories are taken care of!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Mallorie 路 Married on 06/10/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Ansley and Kurt! They were our photographers and videographers for our wedding day and also did our engagement pictures! For the engagement session they met us for a sunrise, blue ridge parkway session. The pictures turned out gorgeous and they were so great to work with and had a great idea for different locations and shots! And oh my gosh the wedding! Everything turned out absolutely wonderful. Our wedding pictures are stunning and exactly what we had in mind. The wedding video though took it to another level! Many of my friends and family stated that it was the best wedding video they have ever seen! So thank you so much Ansley and Kurt. Not only are you both wonderful at your job but you are both wonderful people. Daniel and I enjoyed working with you so much! If anyone is looking for a photographer/videographer I would 100% recommend this fantastic couple!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Morgan 路 Married on 05/20/2017

Ansley and Kurt are the dream photographers everyone wants for their wedding. I stumbled upon them after hours of research trying to find photographers for our May wedding a year as well as our engagement photos and I fell in love at first sight with their portfolio and knew we had to have them. My husband and I live 6 hours away from the Brevard area and Ansley and Kurt were PHENOMENAL when we were discussing working together as well as fitting us in when we could make it to the area for our engagement shoot. On the day of my wedding, I ended up showing up late to the ceremony and Ansley literally talked me down from induced panic that reaped hold of me for not having "perfection." She was so so calming and was so kind even in my erratic state of wedding jitters and anxiety! Photography was our number one priority when planning our wedding and let me just say, we hit the home-run on photographers. The work Ansley and Kurt put into documenting your day, mingling with your guests, and just honestly being there for you as bride and groom was beyond wonderful, there are no words for all that they did and their amazing love for what they do. The photos themselves are phenomenal and they're beyond beautiful, something I am proud to showcase for the rest of time of what our beautiful day truly was like. I cannot say more about these two and their beautiful work, souls, and passion for photography. I have already recommended Ansley and Kurt for someone else who is also getting married in the area and I recommend them over and over to anyone who wants not just beautiful photos but beautiful people for your wedding day, these are your people, they will go above and beyond to make your day just that much more magical. Thank you times a million to these two who just blew me away with all that they did for us!

Sent on 06/09/2017

Meredith 路 Married on 05/13/2017

My husband, Brayden, discovered Ansley and Kurt when he was planning to propose. He hired them to hide behind rocks and trees as he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him at Looking Glass Falls. Not only did I have NO idea that they were hiding nearby, I also found out that they laid out the beautiful setting before we arrived. Since we live about 45 minutes from the falls, Brayden met them a day before with a blanket, a picnic basket full of breakfast food, a bottle of champagne and TONS of rose petals to lay out on a rock. They were so nice to set up everything just as he had envisioned it before we arrived! It was such a magical moment and we instantly felt comfortable with Ansley and Kurt! The photos from the proposal turned out so great that we knew we wanted to book them for our engagement photos and wedding! We got married a few weeks ago and are so happy Ansley and Kurt were part of our big day! The photos they took are breathtaking and their presence is always so calming and fun! We highly recommend them not only for their incredible photography skills, but because they will add such an uplifting vibe to your special occasion!

Sent on 06/04/2017

Katherine 路 Married on 04/09/2017

Ansley & Kurt were absolutely wonderful on our wedding day! Not only are they both extremely nice and easy to work with, their work is beautiful!

Sent on 04/28/2017
  • Amy

Amy 路 Married on 10/16/2016

Kurt and Ansley did a surprise proposal shoot for my fiance and I on the Blue Ridge parkway. I obviously didn't have anything to do with the planning, but the photos turned out stunning! They knew the area well and took us to a place on the blue ridge parkway that I would never have though to stop and look around! The photos were truly breath taking!

Sent on 03/16/2016
  • Mary

Mary 路 Married on 05/29/2016

Kurt and Ansley were everything I wanted and then some. They work so well together and are so fun to be around. Not to mention, their work is absolutely stunning. I would hire them over and over again if I could. They even gave my hubby a snack during our post wedding photos when he got really hungry.

Sent on 06/18/2016
  • User5177020 路 2+ years ago

For young couples getting married , Ansley and her husband, Kurt, are the perfect photographers! They were so professional and very personable. Both were truly excited to photograph the wedding, and it is evident in their work! They have a unique style and do both color and black/white. Check out their website! You will not be disappointed !

Sent on 08/25/2016
  • User4248959 路 2+ years ago

Yes, a million times yes on picking them. Kurt and Ansley are really easy to work with and make you feel super natural and comfortable. They worked with our schedule to fit in photo sessions. On the wedding day they were organized and got through the group shots quickly and efficiently so everyone could get on to the fun! Their pictures look amazing, and that's coming from a super unphotogenic/awkward bird! I loved having two photographers to capture all the moments taking place that day and from two different perspectives. I would recommend Kurt and Ansley to anyone!

Sent on 04/13/2016

Jamie 路 Married on 10/03/2015

Ansley and Kurt were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! They took both my engagement photos and wedding photos and I couldn't have dreamed for a better outcome. They work great together and are really able to jump right in and get some amazing shots. They went above and beyond their role as photographers and helped us out so much during my wedding, as Hurricane Joaquin was an uninvited guest during our wedding and there was a lot of chaos.

They never once complained about the rain and wind. They were actually excited about it and the potential it made to get some real amazing/interesting shots. It was such a relief to have them and their WONDERFUL attitude on the day of my wedding.

I would HIGHLY Recommend this duo to anyone! I can thank Kurt and Ansley enough!

Sent on 10/13/2015
  • User6056667 路 2+ years ago

Ansley & Kurt at Capturing WNC Photography were amazing! So easy to work with before, during, and after the big day! The finished photography exceeded our expectations. They truly captured the moments throughout the event, and their photography tells the story of all that were involved in our wedding. My family will work with them again and again, and I highly recommend Ansley & Kurt for any occasion.

Sent on 12/15/2015

Elizabeth 路 Married on 06/27/2015

Ansley and Kurt are hands down the very best bet for anyone that is lucky enough to have them photograph their big event! You will get more than just phenomenal photos to remember the special moments when you go with CWNC. They are an amazing couple to work with and will help you in any way they can because that's just the kind of people they are. They love each other, what they do, and it shows in everything they do. Of every choice we had to make with planning our wedding, this was the easiest to make and the one we never regretted for a moment. We will continue to seek them out to capture our future memories and encourage friends to do so as well. I am so thankful to have pictures that truly convey the magic of our special day for us to look back on for the rest of our lives! Thanks you guys!!!

Sent on 12/19/2015

Katie 路 Married on 06/06/2015

This is a much belated review, but I absolutely loved having Ansley and Kurt photograph my wedding. They were fantastic in so many ways. I ended up with beautiful photographs of the wedding including moments between family members that I wasn't able to see at the time. They were also so perfect on the day of the wedding. They were able to calm my nerves and listened to what I wanted. They gave my husband and I a chance to have time alone immediately after the ceremony- they took pictures but were unobtrusive and let us share and celebrate together. I would wholeheartedly recommend them!

Sent on 06/11/2017
  • User6045147 路 2+ years ago

I loved working with Ansley and Kurt!!! There were some decisions I regretted for my wedding, but choosing Ansley and Kurt was not one of them. They were so much fun and took beautiful pictures. In addition, we got to see a snap shot of the day on their blog quickly and got the full set of photos in about a month. I cannot complain about that turn around time since I received over 1000 edited photos. I wish I was getting married again to have them take more photos!

Sent on 12/11/2015

Elizabeth 路 Married on 05/02/2015

Ansley and Kurt were amazing! They were super flexible, had a great eye for the perfect shot, and did everything they could to make sure our day was exactly what we wanted! They even went on a hike with us after the wedding with all their gear to capture some of our favorite pictures at a nearby waterfall! They also provided our pictures in a timely manner and helped us remember our special day in a way we will never forget! I absolutely LOVE my wedding pictures and couldn't be more thrilled.

Sent on 01/09/2016

Melissa 路 Married on 11/01/2014

My husband and I live in Raleigh, NC and were planning our wedding in Asheville, NC (about a 4 hour drive). I researched thoroughly and made several trips up to Asheville to meet with vendors, but Ansley and Kurt were the ONLY photographers that we needed to meet with. Their website and portfolio were very impressive, but once we met them, we knew they would be awesome to work with.

Ansley and Kurt were both very professional and responsive. In the months leading up to the wedding, we corresponded via email in order to coordinate the wedding timeline and portraits that we wanted taken. They were extremely flexible, understanding, and supportive. They even remembered a story I had told them about my weird love of squirrels and sent me a white stuffed animal squirrel from a gift shop in their home town of Brevard, home of white squirrels!

The day of our wedding, Ansley and Kurt shined like the true professionals that they are. It was honestly like we had 2 of our friends taking pictures at our wedding! Kurt and Ansley arrived at our hotel before the ceremony, rode with us up to the venue, they helped smooth out issues as they arose (even though they didn't have to) and Kurt even helped the guys with their boutonnieres!

Although the weather did not cooperate, (4 inches of snow, 25 degrees and 30 mph wind gusts), Ansley and Kurt went ABOVE AND BEYOND trying to find the best pictures they could. With people, and even their equipment freezing, they were still able to get some AMAZING shots, including our favorite which was my husband and I kissing at night with the snow flurries all around us. My family was saying all night, and even after our wedding, that Ansley and Kurt were SO SWEET and hands down, the best vendors that we had.

If you are getting married in or around Asheville you HAVE TO meet with Capturing WNC Photography. I promise, you will not be disappointed and your pictures will be AMAZING!

Sent on 01/20/2015

Mary A. 路 Married on 07/05/2014

I don't usually give straight 5-star reviews, but Ansley and Kurt deserve it.
    To start with, we have our photos, and they are spectacular. We had an outdoor wedding, but also had some indoor shots as well (getting ready, cake cutting, etc), and the photos from both locations are beautiful.
    As for working with them, Ansley and Kurt made everything easy. They were our easiest venders to work with. They responded quickly to e-mails and always made sure Steven and were in the loop (important, as Steven and I live in New Orleans but got married outside of Asheville). They made sure they knew exactly what we wanted, and gave us even better photos than we could have hoped for. They got all the expected photos and several that I wouldn't have thought of. Every detail was captured.
    The day of the wedding, they seemed to be everywhere and to get photos of everything, but they were never in the way (something everyone in wedding party commented on).
    In short, Ansley and Kurt were amazing!

Sent on 09/21/2014