Caladesi Steel Band

540 Highland Ave, Dunedin, FL 34698 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $325
  • Photos & Videos 21

About Caladesi Steel Band

Caladesi Steel Band is a traditional, authentic steel drum brand based out of Dunedin, Florida. Dave Holmstrand is the founder of the Caladesi Steel Band, and he and his partner Johnny Lowery have been playing together since the mid 90’s when they were in the Busch Gardens steel drum band. Dave and Johnny have years of performance experience, having been original members of the Tampa Bay Steel Orchestra. Specializing in traditional steel pan, the group can provide solo players to a big carnival band, depending on your preference. If you're looking for a lively mix of both traditional and island music, Caladesi Steel Band is the perfect choice to set the mood for your special day.

Caladesi Steel Band can provide the soundtrack for your whole wedding day, from acoustic music with a traditional and authentic island sound for your ceremony, to more upbeat and rhythmic music with a sound system for the rest of the evening. The group is able to perform at rehearsal dinners, ceremonies, and cocktail hours throughout Central Florida, also providing music during breaks so the party never stops.

Follow Caladesi Steel Band on

1 User photo

Caladesi Steel Band 1

Janet · Married on 01/01/2019

Utter Perfection!

Utter perfection! First rate! Worth every penny. Can't say enough wonderful things about the Caladesi Steel Band. We hired Dave and his trio ensemble for our daughter's beach wedding and backyard reception. Dave on steel drums, Joe on guitar, and John on congos set the perfect tone as guests waited, and then brought the wedding party in with impeccable timing. Total professionals. The music was perfection both at the wedding and at the reception. Acoustic, authentic, absolutely perfect. Thank you, Dave, for your patience answering my endless questions. We can't thank you enough for playing such a large part in creating such a special, special night for us.

Sent on 01/11/2019

Caladesi Steel Band's reply:

Hi Janet, Thank you for having us! We love playing as the larger trio, so it was fun for us as well. Ft Desoto is a nice ceremony spot more people should consider.
  • Nerina

Nerina · Married on 12/15/2018

A Magical Touch to Our Wedding!

I hired Caladesi Steel Band to play for the ceremony and cocktail hour at my wedding. I had a steel drummer and guitarist and it was absolutely beautiful!! I did A LOT of research before choosing a vendor and Caladesi Steel Band exceeded my expectations.

Dave was so easy to work with. I had a lot of questions and requested a few song samples ahead of time as I was trying to decide on my ceremony music and he was very responsive and helpful. Their website is also intuitive and useful with recommended wedding songs, YouTube videos of real weddings, and they allow you you pay online, which i personally love because of the convenience.

The combination of the steel drums and the guitar was magical and my guests raved about the music. It was the perfect combination of tropical and classy, and really set the tone for the rest of the night. Thank you Caladesi Steel Band!!!

Sent on 01/11/2019
    Caladesi Steel Band 2

Caladesi Steel Band's reply:

Thanks so much Nerina! We enjoyed playing for you. Also, a shout out to my friend Joe Braccio on guitar.

sheri · Married on 11/04/2018

Outstanding Entertainment!

I am so happy we made the decision to do our ceremony with a steel band! All of our guests thought it was an amazing surprise and it sounded beautiful. It fit great with our beach front wedding. Our cocktail hour was rained out and we had to go inside, Dave didn't miss a beat getting all his equipment into our indoor room. I can't say enough good things about how the entire process went. So easy and smooth!! Thank you!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Caladesi Steel Band's reply:

Thanks Sheri, and congratulations! I'm glad we were able to finish the ceremony before the rain came.

Caladesi Steel Band FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music? $ 250.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 325.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide? Instrumental - Solo, Instrumental - Duo, Instrumental - Trio
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 1 - 3, 4 - 6
  • What instruments does your group play? Drums
  • What services do you provide? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Liability Insurance, Music During Breaks, Rehearsal Dinner Music

• Beach Weddings Sarasota Florida
    Beach Weddings Sarasota Florida Wedding Planners

What a wonderful Steel Band. I love their music and so do my couples. Such a beachy feeling and so very romantic. Just perfect for a beach wedding! Always a pleasure to work with.

• Two Hearts Better Together Weddings
    Two Hearts Better Together Weddings Wedding Planners

I am extremely happy that I found Dave Holmstrand and Caladesi Steel Band. From day one, Dave was professional and attentive. He responded to emails quickly, which I greatly appreciated, and answered all of my questions. He worked with us on a playlist, arrived on time and made the process so simple. Being a wedding planner, it is a blessing to have someone you can work with that you trust and would recommend in a second. Caladesi Steel Band is now a preferred vendor of mine, and highly recommended by Better Together Weddings.

• A Wedding with Grace
    A Wedding with Grace Wedding Officiants

I always enjoy working with the wonderful Caladesi Steel Band. Courteous, professional and talented – what more could a couple ask for? From classical to contemporary, the Band’s beautiful sounds set a wonderful tone for any event, and immediately transport the listener to the Islands. I highly recommend them to any bride and groom looking to add that special Caribbean flair to their wedding.

• 540 Highland Ave Dunedin, Florida, FL 34698 See on map