Caladesi Steel Band Reviews

76 | Dunedin, FL

76 Reviews for Caladesi Steel Band

Kristina · Married on 02/15/2020

Great steel band!

We hired Dave to play for our Valentine’s Day rehearsal dinner which was on the water, and I loved the idea of a steel band to go along with the vibe. Dave was professional from our very first communication, and everyone absolutely loved the music!! He was fantastic and even let some of our guests try to learn a few tricks on the steel drum. I would 100% recommend Dave to anyone – and will certainly be hiring him again next time I am in need of a fabulous steel band!

Sent on 04/28/2020

Caladesi Steel Band's reply:

Thanks so much Kristina! I enjoyed playing for you.
  • Ashley

Ashley Markley · Married on 11/17/2019

Beautiful music!!

Johnny played at our ceremony and cocktail hour on the beach and it was perfect!! The music was beautiful and he played every little mermaid song we (I) requested. It was great working with Johnny and his smooth planning. Really was magically. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 12/27/2019

Caladesi Steel Band's reply:

Thanks Ashley, and congratulations! We're glad you enjoyed the music.

Jennifer Anne Statkus · Married on 11/09/2019

Great tropical feel

Dave was great! I really wanted a steel drum for our ceremony and cocktail hour. My guests loved it and it was a great Florida wedding idea! Very professional and responsive.

Sent on 11/14/2019
  • Debbie

Debbie Dolan · Married on 10/05/2019

Caladesi Steel Band the absolute best!

My daughter was married on Clearwater beach. The Caladesi Steel Band brought such a cool island vibe to the ceremony and reception! We hired Dave and Joe. Steel drums and guitar, together they played beautiful music! I highly recommend you book them for your special occasions.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Caladesi Steel Band's reply:

Thanks Debbie, we enjoyed it!

Vicky De’Ath · Married on 05/28/2019

Calypso chill!

As we were getting married on the beach, we wanted to incorporate some steel drums. Dave played for our ceremony and the music topped the day off perfectly. Letting our guests have a go on the drums was an extra treat they loved, would highly recommend.

Sent on 06/01/2019

Caladesi Steel Band's reply:

Thanks Vicky, and congratulations!

Lindsey · Married on 05/11/2019

Beach Wedding at the Sandpearl

Dave and the guys were awesome! We had our wedding on the beach at the Sandpearl and the island music was the perfect touch to really make our beach wedding extra special!

Sent on 07/20/2019

Caladesi Steel Band's reply:

Thanks Lindsey, we enjoyed playing for you! We had the steel pan and guitar trio for your wedding, It's always fun for us to perform with the larger groups. Congratulations!
  • Shellie

Langlie Dalton · Married on 05/06/2019

Perfect addition to Beachside Wedding!

What a wonderful addition to my daughters beach wedding. Caladesi played as guest were arriving and then again for the cocktail hour, which was beachside. Perfect ambiance! Very professional and easy to book, schedule and make payments. Thanks for helping make my daughters wedding day perfect. Highly recommend.

Sent on 06/24/2019

Caladesi Steel Band's reply:

Thanks so much! I was happy to be a part of it.

Helaine Colosimo · Married on 04/27/2019

Perfect setting and sounds.

I give Dave 10 stars! I hired him for my son and daughter in law’s wedding on the beach at the Sandpearl resort. He played before, during and after the ceremony. It was beautiful. He is one of the nicest people that worked with me. I would recommend Caladesi Steel Band to anyone considering steel drum music at their wedding or any other event they are hosting. Thank you Dave.

Sent on 06/10/2019

Caladesi Steel Band's reply:

Thanks Helaine! “In My Life” worked great for the ceremony, I’ll use that song more often.

Jennifer · Married on 04/14/2019

Awesome wedding band!

We hired the trio for our wedding ceremony and reception and were so beyond happy with them! Everyone complimented the music and it brought the exact vibe we were going for... relaxed, easy going and happy. They DJed some songs for us too and everything was just perfect. And hiring them was easy. Dave was one of the best vendors to work with- very responsive and makes the pre-event work a breeze! You guys truly made our wedding better than we could have imagined. Thank you!!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Hi Jenn,

Thank you, and congrats to you and Ryan! We enjoyed meeting you and your family. They turned us on to some Jamaican music we've never heard before.

Dave

Devon · Married on 04/13/2019

Dave's Steel Drum

We are so happy we hired Dave to play during our ceremony and cocktail hour! We really wanted our guests to feel like they were in a tropical paradise and he did just that! He was easy to book and communicate with, affordable and did an awesome job! We would definitely recommend or hire again!

Sent on 04/27/2019

Thanks so much Devon!
  • Stacy

Stacy Reich · Married on 04/05/2019

Emily & Doug's Isa Del Sol Wedding

If you want something extra special at your wedding then you need look no further than Caladesi Steel Band. All of our quests at our daughter's wedding May 4,2019 loved the tropical sounds of such a talented group! Thank you so much for adding that extra special touch to a perfect day!

Sent on 05/06/2019

Caladesi Steel Band's reply:

Thanks so much for having me Stacy!
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 03/09/2019

Beautiful music

AMAZING music!! We enjoyed them at our cocktail hour very much.

Sent on 06/13/2019

Janet · Married on 01/01/2019

Utter Perfection!

Utter perfection! First rate! Worth every penny. Can't say enough wonderful things about the Caladesi Steel Band. We hired Dave and his trio ensemble for our daughter's beach wedding and backyard reception. Dave on steel drums, Joe on guitar, and John on congos set the perfect tone as guests waited, and then brought the wedding party in with impeccable timing. Total professionals. The music was perfection both at the wedding and at the reception. Acoustic, authentic, absolutely perfect. Thank you, Dave, for your patience answering my endless questions. We can't thank you enough for playing such a large part in creating such a special, special night for us.

Sent on 01/10/2019

Caladesi Steel Band's reply:

Hi Janet, Thank you for having us! We love playing as the larger trio, so it was fun for us as well. Ft Desoto is a nice ceremony spot more people should consider.
  • Nerina

Nerina · Married on 12/15/2018

A Magical Touch to Our Wedding!

I hired Caladesi Steel Band to play for the ceremony and cocktail hour at my wedding. I had a steel drummer and guitarist and it was absolutely beautiful!! I did A LOT of research before choosing a vendor and Caladesi Steel Band exceeded my expectations.

Dave was so easy to work with. I had a lot of questions and requested a few song samples ahead of time as I was trying to decide on my ceremony music and he was very responsive and helpful. Their website is also intuitive and useful with recommended wedding songs, YouTube videos of real weddings, and they allow you you pay online, which i personally love because of the convenience.

The combination of the steel drums and the guitar was magical and my guests raved about the music. It was the perfect combination of tropical and classy, and really set the tone for the rest of the night. Thank you Caladesi Steel Band!!!

Sent on 01/02/2019

Caladesi Steel Band's reply:

Thanks so much Nerina! We enjoyed playing for you. Also, a shout out to my friend Joe Braccio on guitar.

sheri · Married on 11/04/2018

Outstanding Entertainment!

I am so happy we made the decision to do our ceremony with a steel band! All of our guests thought it was an amazing surprise and it sounded beautiful. It fit great with our beach front wedding. Our cocktail hour was rained out and we had to go inside, Dave didn't miss a beat getting all his equipment into our indoor room. I can't say enough good things about how the entire process went. So easy and smooth!! Thank you!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Caladesi Steel Band's reply:

Thanks Sheri, and congratulations! I'm glad we were able to finish the ceremony before the rain came.
  • Karla

Karla Rothan · Married on 10/06/2018

Absolutely Fabulous

I can't say enough good about Caladesi. If you want to make your wedding perfect, include them in it. What a beautiful memory you gave us. We love you!

Sent on 02/19/2019

Caladesi Steel Band's reply:

Thanks Karla & Linda! We were happy to be a part of it. As we discussed, I'll upload some more of the ceremony clips to our Instagram account.

Terry · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing and perfect music for our daughter’s beach wedding yesterday. We highly recommend the Caladesi Steel Band. Made the wedding so special!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Caladesi Steel Band's reply:

Thanks so much! We were happy to be a part of it.

Lisa · event on: 05/30/2018

I hired this Steel Band to provide music during a recent cocktail reception at our annual Company convention. They were very good, even with the direct sunlight & heat!! We love to hear steel drums, definitely money well spent. Thanks!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Thanks Lisa!

Paula · Married on 04/27/2018

Caladesi Steel Band played at our wedding and Dave was absolutely wonderful. All of our guests complimented us on him, and his beautiful music. He showed up for our wedding an hour early and stayed through the cocktail hour. We absolutly loved the music, and would highly recommend the Caladesi Steel Band to everyone interested in their services!

Sent on 05/29/2018

Caladesi Steel Band's reply:

Thanks Paula, and congratulations!

Todd Wynn · Married on 04/02/2018

Outstanding !!

From our first contact it was smooth flowing, we couldn’t have imagined such an easy transaction and our guest absolutely loved the music! It made our day perfect. Thanks Again !!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Caladesi Steel Band's reply:

Thanks for the review Todd, and congratulations! I enjoyed playing for you, and was happy to be a part of your wedding.

Adrienne · Married on 03/02/2018

Dave was so attentive and helpful! We are absolutely thrilled we selected Caladesi Steel Band for our ceremony and cocktail music. Everyone is still raving about the unique and fun music!

Sent on 04/06/2018

Thanks Adrienne!

nate · Married on 02/17/2018

We are from Chicago and hired Dave for our wedding in Clearwater Beach. We had never met him before and were going off of a recommendation from our event coordinator Jennifer Guidry at the Sand Pearl Resort in Clearwater Beach... Dave was simply amazing! He played for both our ceremony and cocktail hour. I would highly recommend Dave to anyone looking for steal drums at their event. Fantastic Job Dave.. thank you so much! If we are ever looking for a musical vendor in the future we will definitely reach out to Dave. Thanks again! Job well done!! sincerely Nate & Diana. 2/17/18

Sent on 02/20/2018

Stacey · Married on 12/02/2017

Dave was professional, responsive and amazing from start to finish. Everyone raved how good he was. He was on time and just a great addition to our special day. I can’t thank him enough.

Sent on 12/08/2017

Caladesi Steel Band's reply:

Thanks Stacey, and congratulations!

Jami · Married on 11/17/2017

Caladesi Steel Band was so easy to work with! He made all of our requests happen and played beautifully. Our guests were extremely pleased with Dave's performance!

Sent on 11/26/2017

Caladesi Steel Band's reply:

Thanks so much for having me! Dave
  • Ally

Ally · Married on 11/04/2017

We cannot say enough great things about how awesome it was to the Caladesi Steel Drum Band for our ceremony and cocktail hour at our beach wedding in Treasure Island! Dave was responsive and professional throughout our entire planning process. Our guests raved about their music and could not stop talking about what a fun vibe it set for the rest of our night. We had 1 steel drummer and 1 guitar player and it really was a beautiful combination. Having the steel drum band there really added a unique and memorable element to our cocktail hour that guests are still talking about 4 months later! We would recommend them over and over!

Sent on 01/25/2018

Caladesi Steel Band's reply:

Thanks so much Ally, and congratulations!