Brigitte Renee Photography

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$6,000 Most Popular Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$6,000 Most Popular Price

Brigitte Renee Photography is a wedding business based in Alexandria, Virginia, that specializes in capturing bright and natural images. Owner and lead photographer Brigitte Kleiber cherishes the opportunity to document the major moments and memories in-between at each couple’s wedding. Her work reflects candid imagery and gently posed portraits to provide newlyweds with a comprehensive collection of photos from their once-in-a-lifetime event.

Brigitte Renee Photography offers to create a wedding package tailored to your needs. Your experience begins with a consultation to get to know Brigitte and her style. Throughout the planning process, you can avail of assistance with coordinating timelines and finalizing details. Brigitte also provides specialty sessions to capture your engagement portraits, ensuring you feel comfortable in front of her lens before the wedding day. If you are hosting an intimate event, elopement, or destination wedding, this dedicated professional is thrilled to create a custom collection for you.

• Veteran-owned
  • Woman-owned

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$4,900

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Multi. Locations
Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$6,000

2nd Shooter
Albums
Digital Files

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Film
Traditional

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Destination / Travel
Hand-Coloring
Multi. Locations
One Event / Day
Second Shooter
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums

Message vendor

• Annie
    Annie H. Married on 05/14/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Brigitte is incredibly talented - captured our day beautifully!

There aren't enough words to convey how grateful my husband and I are that we booked Brigitte Renee Photography. When I first inquired with Brigitte, we set up a Zoom call and Brigitte got to know my fiance and I, which I loved. She was warm, kind, engaging, and interested in our story as a couple She is professional, talented, and made the entire process go smoothly - with helpful tips, tricks, and information. Even despite some unexpected rain (and hot humidity) that happened during out engagement photo shoot, she captured the BEST shots. They were amazing.

The photos of our wedding day were also beyond incredible. Brigitte has a creative eye and special and romantic touch to all details. Her vision came to life that day! She was able to capture our day so beautifully. From the details of my grandmothers' gloves that I wore, to special portraits with just my mother and sister, to intimate portraits of my husband and I in our historic venue, I could not have asked for a better photographer.

One of my favorite parts of the night was when Brigitte asked my husband and I if we wanted to go outside and take some quick pictures in front of the home. We went outside and took some amazing photos with the venue lit up in the background holding our signature cocktails :) some of my favorite photos!

Thank you SO much for everything, Brigitte. I can't wait to look at these photos for the rest of my life! We're so lucky to have worked with you.

Brigitte Renee Photography's reply:

Annie!!! Thank you so much. People like you and Eli, and incredible wedding days like yours, are what motivate and excite me every day. I drive home feeling drunk on love and excited to deliver something that reflects that. Miss you both already.
  • Erica
    Erica A. Married on 04/23/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Run, do not walk, to book with Brigitte!!

Run, do not walk, to book with Brigitte!! If I could give her 10 stars, I would - she is THAT good. Incredibly responsive, she makes you feel like you are the only couple in the world. Leading up to both our engagement shoot and wedding, she was in regular contact giving us tips to make our day go smoothly and our photos turn out the best. I even consulted her at one point on bridesmaids dress colors. On the day of, she's incredibly focused, helping you get the most out of your time with her. She is energetic and enthusiastic, making even those who hate having their photo taken naturals in front of the camera. Afterwards, our sneak peeks came 12 hours later - literally 8:00 AM after leaving our reception around 8:30 PM. Our photos speak for themselves ... but honestly I cannot recommend Brigitte enough. Oh - and ABSOLUTELY take her recommendation for sunset/golden hour portraits during the evening. The time away from our guests - just us and Brigitte - was priceless, and these are some of my favorite photos from the night.
    Anonymous Married on 10/23/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

If you are an emotional dramatic person like me, this review is the one you need to read.

I am not a “less is more” kinda person, so… This is a bit lengthy, so I’ll try to break it up in the pieces. I apologize in advance for the uncontrolled rambling.

My wedding was back in October of 2021. And today, in May 2022, I have successfully forced her to remain friends with me for seven months—because that is how amazing she is.

1. The Selection Process: When I was selecting my photographer, I remember requiring my photographer to also provide videography services as well. But for some reason, there was something about Brigitte’s energy and vibe from her page that made me want to meet with her too. I was scheduled to meet with five vendors, and Brigitte was the first one I got to meet. Within 24 hours (or shorter—it was almost a year ago), I received a message from her asking me to schedule a Zoom call with her. On the call, she first asked me how the proposal went, and I remember telling her and tearing up, and laughingly apologising for it, to which she said “No, I’m tearing up as well!” And I think that was when I knew. As a wedding photographer, I am sure she has heard millions of engagement stories, but seeing her tear up signalled to me she has a big heart, and she truly listens to your story.

Though I had not yet decided whether to work with her, I quickly knew I wanted to be her friend. It ultimately came down to two vendors: Brigitte or another vendor who also had video services available. Given the tight finances, the logical step would have been to go with the second vendor since I knew I wanted videography as well. But nope. I decided to hire both.

Here is the main reason why (my apologies for having the important part come in after 500 sentences): Brigitte told me on the call, “Your photographer is someone who, not only has good talent, but has a personality and energy that matches yours because on your wedding day, they need to be your friend. I want you to feel comfortable enough with me to say, ‘Hey, come take a picture of me and X’ or ‘Please go away!’” And I am happy to report, not only was she a precious friend on my wedding day, she remains one today. (I am pretty sure I shamelessly told her after the wedding that I was going to force her to become friends with me. ¨̮ )

2. Wedding Day: We had a relatively smaller wedding of 70 guests. And to this day, every single one of them still talks about Brigitte, talking about how you almost couldn’t tell she was the photographer because she was so sweet, fun, and truly “matched your (my) energy.” I maybe asked her to revise our photography timeline ten thousand times, and each time, she was patient with me and talked through it to best encapture my vision. Everyone warned me that we should start photographs early because every wedding runs out of time. On the day of, she was so efficient that we finished early. And so we had time to rest before the ceremony, and we also got some extra GORGEOUS pictures in after sunset (which she improvised—and trust me, Brigitte will talk to you about sunlight/daylight/sunsets/sunrise like it’s her first born. So, a nighttime photo is a big deal). I remember right after the exiting the ceremony, she was the first person I saw, and she gave me a hug, and I felt how genuine she was. Despite her short height, she exudes so much energy YET you would never know she was there because she was so good at fitting in the right spaces to get her photos but not interrupt any moments. And what she said was true: I was SO glad to have her as a friend on the wedding day, because the day is super overwhelming, and so it was reassuring to have a familiar face guiding me through the day. Trust me, your photographer needs to be as organised as your day of manager, and Brigitte DEFINITELY knew what she was doing. She had a timeline and she guided everyone through it.

3. Engagement Session/Before Wedding Day: Her work is so valuable, yet she is kind enough to give her clients a free engagement session. Leading up to the date we had chosen for the Engagement session, we had some personal family tragedies, and my partner and I did not think we were going to be able to handle an engagement session. She was understanding and let us push the date (TWICE—but y’all better not do this. If you pick a date, stick to it!). But I think the best part was, I received a letter from her, wishing me and my partner her condolences for our loss, and it was just another reason why I was happy to have her by my side. Another BEST PART was that she let us have not only one, but TWO dogs in our photo session. And these two are hyper, crazy, energetic dogs, and she handled them so well, and the photos turned out amazing.

4. The Photos: I want to start by saying, both the Engagement and Wedding photos came to us SO QUICKLY. I can’t remember exactly how fast, but I think the Engagement photos came to us in like two days??? And the wedding photos in a week??? CRAZY. ALSO, my sister-in-law used a photographer who may be costed ten times Brigitte’s services, and all of the family (including the sister-in-law) talk about how Brigitte’s photos turned out so much better! I’M TELLING YOU: MORE EXPENSIVE DOES NOT MEAN BETTER QUALITY. And I swear, my partner and I are like a 3/10 on a good day, but her photos made us look a solid 10. I’m talking like how you must look to your grandmother when she constantly tells you “what a handsome/pretty grandchild you are.”

5. More Emotional Comments About Brigitte: Given the situation my partner and I were in, there were some personally sensitive and potentially triggering “issues” that are unavoidable in a wedding setting. Because Brigitte had kept in touch with me throughout the months leading up to the wedding, she knew all about them, and she was so delicate about them all. I don’t think I could have been that vulnerable unless she developed a friendship with me. And I truly believe her energy throughout the day helped me focus on all the happy parts of the wedding day, rather than the sadness of what was missing.

I could go on and on about how special this lady is, but it’s the kind of heartfelt connection you can only know by experiencing it yourself.

If you want to hear more, ask Brigitte to connect us, and I will talk your ear off about her.
  • illustration stars

Real Weddings

• Jesse & Jean Luc
    78 photos · 10/17/2020

Alexandria Alexandria, VA, 20001
Location of (Brigitte Renee Photography)

Other vendors in Washington DC for your wedding