Blind Date

Austin, Austin, TX 78704 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 9

About Blind Date

Blind Date is an upbeat and versatile wedding band in Austin, Texas. This seven-piece band plays classic hits from every decade, whether you like classic jazz or today’s modern pop. With over 17 years’ experience together, Blind Date gives a high energy performance that is guaranteed to wow your crowd and get them on their feet. Choose Blind Date for a once in a lifetime wedding entertainment experience.

Blind Date offers premier wedding entertainment for receptions of all sizes and styles. They have an extensive repertoire of nearly 400 songs, ranging in genre from dance music, to rock, jazz, country and hip-hop. They can also add your custom song requests to any set in order to make your wedding unique. Blind Date can perform as the full seven-piece band, a smaller five-piece (no horns) for dance-heavy music, a jazz quartet for cocktail hour, or a guitar and piano duet for a simplistic romantic ambiance.

Sing
Put your hands up

• Videos 1

17 Reviews for Blind Date

Bubba Fish · Married on 11/03/2018

Best wedding band we've ever seen

Blind Date is the best wedding band I’ve ever seen perform. We were honored to be their first same-sex wedding.

We first saw Blind Date perform two years ago when they played at my cousin’s wedding. They were absolutely electric. The crowd loved them— their mix of different talented vocalists, the incredible lights set up, their modern set list. The lead female vocalist, Chelsea, was incredible! So, my now-husband and I hired them for our wedding.

We went through their extensive setlist on their website and picked out some favorites and some ‘do-not-plays’ . We told them the favorites were suggestions and they could play what they felt the crowd was responding to best. They were very receptive to our suggestions but weren’t afraid to share thoughts on what had been playing well at other parties recently. For example, they told us they do a unique and memorable performance of Prince’s “Purple Rain.” Neither my husband nor I particularly cared for that song, but we trusted them, and we’re glad we did. It was the highlight performance of the night, and we have guests STILL reminiscing about that performance.

Mark (the band manager) was easy and available for us to contact and ask questions in the weeks leading up to the party. He really wanted to make the event special and gave us different fun suggestions for things we could do to make the party feel personal. My husband plays trumpet and his favorite wedding song is ‘September’ by Earth, Wind, and Fire. Mark suggested he play the trumpet on stage to this song. While we opted out, we appreciated that they wanted to do interesting things to make it unique.

We got endless compliments about the band from our guests during and after the event.

They aren’t cheap ;) but they are a worthy investment if you want to make your reception really stand out. We can’t thank Blind Date enough for helping to create the best night of our lives.

Marina · Married on 10/27/2018

Beyond Phenomenal

Blind Date is the absolute best wedding band out there, hands down. I saw them in 2 of my friends weddings before mine, and I knew that I had to have them for my own wedding. I loved them so much, that I even moved my wedding date so that I could have them for my special day. And, man, was it worth it. Their performance just absolutely blew everyone away. I didn't even make it over to my photobooth, because I did not want to leave my dancefloor. Countless of my wedding guests have approached me asking for their information and wanting to know how I found them, because they were the best wedding band they have ever seen. They really know how to get a crowd going, and made my husband and I feel like superstars. What a truly talented, fun, energetic group of people. I feel SO grateful that I was able to have them for my wedding. It was the BEST day of my entire life, and they were a huge part of that. They also played at my cocktail hour as a 4-person jazz quartet. The music the the cocktail hour was awesome! Definitely recommend this as well! The planning process went very smoothly, and Mark was very responsive to all my emails and requests. Overall, if you want to have a guaranteed BLAST at your reception, you need to book this band.

Blind Date FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the price? Lighting, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sound/PA System, Travel Expenses
  • Which of the following are included in the package? Lighting, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sound/PA System, Travel Expenses
  • Are you an agency or a band? Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 7+
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play? Big Band, Classic Rock, Country, Dance, Hip Hop, Jazz, Motown, Oldies, Pop, R&B / Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What music services do you provide? Instrumentals, Cocktail Hour Music, Learning New Songs, MC, Reception Music, Music During Breaks, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Vocals, Liability Insurance, Willing to Travel
  • What items are available? Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

• Studio563 Austin
    Studio563 Austin Wedding Photographers

I love Blind Date. They are a blast and bring their A game to every wedding. You can't help but dance with these guys. They are awesome. My favorite Austin band.

• Austin Austin, Texas, 78704 See on map