Blind Date Reviews

20 Reviews for Blind Date

• Joseph

joseph haney · Married on 05/11/2019

Unbelievable Wedding Band - Blind Date

On 5/11/19, Blind Date out of Austin, TX played at my daughter's wedding reception. They were incredible. Chelsea and Taz's vocals were impeccable. The musicians were great. And, their willingness to allow the bride and groom to share the stage at times made the event even more personal and memorable for all of us.

I know one our first calls when planning our next daughter's wedding will be to Mark and his band mates.

Sent on 05/16/2019
  • Patrick

Patrick Jupe · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing band

Honestly I don't know what to say about these guys other than that they absolutely kick ass. They are expensive, but definitely worth the money if it's in your budget... you get what you pay for. I was blown away by the equipment (have an impressive lighting and live sound setup), quality of all the musicians, and how they were able to bring life to the party. They even had a few surprises in store for us that I won't spoil but made the wedding super memorable. All throughout the night people were telling me about how amazing the band was. They aren't just a good wedding band, they are a downright awesome band. I've been to a lot of live shows and these guys crush the covers. Don't think about it... just book them!

Sent on 05/11/2019

LeAnne · Married on 03/16/2019

They bring the PARTY!

Our venue coordinator and a family friend of ours recommended Blind Date as "the best wedding band in Austin," and I 100% agree. We worked with Mark throughout the process of booking the event and he was so accommodating and kind every time we talked. He saw the vision we had for our wedding day: an evening folks won't soon forget. And that is exactly what they made happen! For a band that doesn't need a set list (they read the crowd and play songs based on what the crowd wants), they brought the party to a new level. I have nothing but good things to say about Blind Date!

Sent on 04/04/2019

Bubba Fish · Married on 11/03/2018

Best wedding band we've ever seen

Blind Date is the best wedding band I’ve ever seen perform. We were honored to be their first same-sex wedding.

We first saw Blind Date perform two years ago when they played at my cousin’s wedding. They were absolutely electric. The crowd loved them— their mix of different talented vocalists, the incredible lights set up, their modern set list. The lead female vocalist, Chelsea, was incredible! So, my now-husband and I hired them for our wedding.

We went through their extensive setlist on their website and picked out some favorites and some ‘do-not-plays’ . We told them the favorites were suggestions and they could play what they felt the crowd was responding to best. They were very receptive to our suggestions but weren’t afraid to share thoughts on what had been playing well at other parties recently. For example, they told us they do a unique and memorable performance of Prince’s “Purple Rain.” Neither my husband nor I particularly cared for that song, but we trusted them, and we’re glad we did. It was the highlight performance of the night, and we have guests STILL reminiscing about that performance.

Mark (the band manager) was easy and available for us to contact and ask questions in the weeks leading up to the party. He really wanted to make the event special and gave us different fun suggestions for things we could do to make the party feel personal. My husband plays trumpet and his favorite wedding song is ‘September’ by Earth, Wind, and Fire. Mark suggested he play the trumpet on stage to this song. While we opted out, we appreciated that they wanted to do interesting things to make it unique.

We got endless compliments about the band from our guests during and after the event.

They aren’t cheap ;) but they are a worthy investment if you want to make your reception really stand out. We can’t thank Blind Date enough for helping to create the best night of our lives.

Sent on 11/10/2018

Marina · Married on 10/27/2018

Beyond Phenomenal

Blind Date is the absolute best wedding band out there, hands down. I saw them in 2 of my friends weddings before mine, and I knew that I had to have them for my own wedding. I loved them so much, that I even moved my wedding date so that I could have them for my special day. And, man, was it worth it. Their performance just absolutely blew everyone away. I didn't even make it over to my photobooth, because I did not want to leave my dancefloor. Countless of my wedding guests have approached me asking for their information and wanting to know how I found them, because they were the best wedding band they have ever seen. They really know how to get a crowd going, and made my husband and I feel like superstars. What a truly talented, fun, energetic group of people. I feel SO grateful that I was able to have them for my wedding. It was the BEST day of my entire life, and they were a huge part of that. They also played at my cocktail hour as a 4-person jazz quartet. The music the the cocktail hour was awesome! Definitely recommend this as well! The planning process went very smoothly, and Mark was very responsive to all my emails and requests. Overall, if you want to have a guaranteed BLAST at your reception, you need to book this band.

Sent on 11/26/2018

Shelley · Married on 03/25/2017

WOW! WOW! WOW! Never had so much fun!!! They played at my son's wedding on March 25, 2017! Loved everything about them. They were the absolute best! People could not get out on the dance floor quick enough! I would use them again and again!! Made for the funnest wedding reception! They played everything you would want them to play and were so good!! Very easy to work with!

Sent on 04/05/2017

Kelli · Married on 11/05/2016

This band is absolutely incredible! My husband and I, along with all of our guests, cannot stop talking about their performance at our reception! They truly know how to put on a show and engage the crowd. They had our guests on their feet and on the dance floor the entire evening, which is exactly what we wanted. Behind the scenes, they were so easy to work with and were able to learn all of our special song requests. Best decision we made throughout the planning process was choosing Blind Date!

Sent on 11/15/2016

Ben · Married on 10/15/2016

Blind Date was by far the best decision we made for our wedding. Yes they are expensive, but the every dollar spent was well worth it.

We had a very large wedding and Blind Date kept ALL of our guests young and old dancing all night long. The reception felt like a concert and the band interacted with guests during the evening. They pulled the bride and groom on stage, as well as their parents, the bridal party, and any other friends who wanted to get involved.

In fact, many of our guests have already said that they have to have Blind Date at their wedding. We even heard of one guest trying to give the lead singer her credit card to make a deposit on the spot she was so impressed with the band.

Thank you to Blind Date for giving us the perfect reception. We highly recommend this band to anyone looking for exceptional entertainment that will blow all your guests away.

Sent on 10/31/2016

Annabel · Married on 04/09/2016

THE BEST WEDDING BAND IN EXISTENCE! We booked our wedding date based on their availability. We attended a wedding where Blind Date performed two years ago and when we got engaged, we knew we wanted them to play our wedding. They book up fast, and rightfully so, because they are absolutely incredible. Mark and the rest of the band put on a show that our guests have been complimenting ever since. They play a great mix of modern music and the classics and know exactly how to gauge the crowd and get them going!

Sent on 05/11/2016

By FAR, the best decision we made while planning our wedding was booking Blind Date. They were the key that made our reception the best night of my life. They are truly remarkable at their job - they know how to keep the crowd dancing, sound as good - if not better than- the originals they cover, and have a blast on stage. Everyone we spoke to after the wedding raved about Blind Date. Book them if they're available - you absolutely won't regret it!

Sent on 02/15/2016

miranda · Married on 05/23/2015

Hiring Blind Date to play at our wedding was the BEST decision we made! Even after evacuating our reception tent due to a tornado, the band came back better than ever. They put on an incredible show and made our wedding a dance party we'll never forget. THANK Y'ALL for making our big day a blast! You exceeded our expectations and we'll be calling when we renew our vows ; )

Sent on 06/04/2015

Kathy · Married on 12/27/2014

This band was fantastic!!! They had everyone dancing the whole time!!! We highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 01/06/2015

Kendall · Married on 03/15/2014

Amazing amazing amazing. I wouldn't use anyone else. Our dance floor was packed the whole time. They are worth every penny.

Sent on 04/07/2014

I can't even tell you how amazing this band is! We received compliments by just about everyone at our wedding! Many people asked for their information because they wanted to use them for other events. I had seem them at a coworker's wedding in Austin, recommended them to my brother and sister-in-law for their wedding, and knew when I got engaged I wanted them to play at my wedding. We got married at my parents' ranch near Corpus which was so great that they traveled down for our wedding. They played everything from classics like Frank Sinatra, to country, top 40, and everywhere in between...and sounded amazing with it all! The band was high energy all night long and kept our guests entertained and on the dance floor all night. They definitely made the wedding a huge success. Mark was amazing to work with prior to the wedding too. The band learned our first dance song for us which was so perfect! Blind Date was perfect for our wedding and I can't imagine using anyone else.

Sent on 04/25/2013

Blind Date's reply:

Thanks, Sarah!

This band is amazing! I had more comments about how fun they were than any other part of the wedding. They are great to work with and really knew how to engage the crowd! They kept all the guests dancing until the end! Even the older guests weren't able to stay off the dance floor! They are worth every penny!

Sent on 03/11/2013

Sarah · Married on 01/21/2012

Freaking. Amazing. This band is beyond awesome! I will admit they are expensive, but I they are totally worth it. During dinner they played Sinatra and other jazz music. Then after dinner the party started J . They played all of the new hits like Lady Gaga, Usher and even a little 50 cent. Plus they sprinkled in songs like Thriller and Don’t Stop Believing. They pulled guests on stage and really interacted with everyone on the dance floor. The night ended with the band playing Purple Rain on top of the tables with a full dance floor. My guests still talk about Blind Date and how much fun they had. Several said they forgot they were listening to a cover band because they sounded just like the artist.

Sent on 02/26/2012
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 07/30/2011

Best wedding band ever. If you want your guests dancing and having the time of their lives, book Blind Date. We went with the 7-piece and are so happy that we did- they were incredible!

Sent on 08/23/2011

Sarah · Married on 04/18/2009

They were awesome! At the beginning of the night, they played a lot of older songs (Frank Sinatra, Otis Redding, etc). But as the night went on and a lot of the older folks went home, they played more recent stuff (Sexyback, In Da Club, etc). They had everyone dancing, and would bring people up on the stage with them. Pretty pricey, but they set the tone for everything and made the night so much fun!

Sent on 05/12/2009

Kelly · Married on 03/20/2010

They are expensive, but well worth the cost. They MADE our reception. From dancing on tables to dancing literally on the ground, they were a huge hit. They can play anything from Frank Sinatra to Lady Gaga and are incredibly talented!

Sent on 04/06/2010