Best Day Ever

Placerville, CA View map Visit website
2023 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2023 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$3,100 Package Price

Best Day Ever is a wedding-planning company based in Placerville, California. Owners Melanie Lohan and Katie Evans are committed to helping you simplify the planning process for a flawless day you'll cherish for a lifetime. This mother-daughter duo will be by your side from initially conceptualizing your event through the big day itself, assisting in any way possible. Melanie and Katie have opposite personalities that complement one another, providing the perfect dynamic to turn your wedding vision into reality.

Best Day Ever offers a range of planning services to best suit the needs and budget of your event. Their packages include full planning, partial planning, or day-of coordination for ceremonies, receptions, and rehearsal dinners. They can assist with everything from styling to creating accurate timelines and to-do lists to keep your event running smoothly. This company also provides decor rentals including centerpieces and tableware.

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$2,700

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$3,100

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$6,100

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Day-of Coordination
Full Planning
Partial Planning

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil

4.9 out of 5 rating

• Hillary
    Hillary Married on 12/02/2022

Five stars!!

Melanie and Katie were SO amazing through every step of planning- they were so helpful and responsive with any task I had on my plate. Not to mention, great people- so friendly and able to put a very stressed bride at ease!
    Alexandra J. Married on 10/08/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best hire I could have made!

Mel, without any exaggeration SAVED my wedding day. I was stuck between a rock and hard place when my original day of coordinator did not follow through, Mel was referred to me and she played a huge role in maintaining my sanity throughout the whole process. She is efficient, extremely professional and the most important to me, was personable. She understood what I needed, gave me much needed advice and kept her cool with whatever was thrown her way. If you want superwoman in your corner then she is your girl!
    Daphne M. Married on 09/10/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Truly the best! Cannot recommend them enough!

I cannot recommend Mel & Katie enough, they were absolutely the best!! Leading up to our big day (9.10.22), we met with them twice - we walked through our floorplan and they truly listened to all my ideas and what I felt was important to me, they offered ideas and solutions to any problems I had, and made sure we had all our bases covered. A month out from our wedding, Mel & Katie took over all communication with our vendors and handled all the coordinating of drop off/pick up times and making sure that they'd have everything they needed when they got to the house. Having them there to handle all this was a huge weight lifted off me leading up to the wedding!! The day of the wedding Mel & Katie were amazing, they showed up first thing and got right to work! I definitely had a specific vision in mind of how I wanted everything to look and they surpassed it! Everything turned out beautifully. They went above and beyond to make sure every detail was perfect, and it truly was! Following the ceremony, Mel & Katie moved all our decorations from the ceremony area to the reception area including the ceremony floral arrangements! I actually didn't remember to ask them to do this, but they just did & it was awesome because we really got to appreciate all the decor throughout the night! They truly made sure every detail was perfect all throughout the night. They kept things moving according to our timeline, but were never pushy in moving things along! The next day when it came time to clean up, most of the chairs and rentals that could be cleaned up, had already been done by Mel and Katie the night before! Because of them, my husband and I, and our families were able to enjoy the day/night and most importantly have fun! Thank you Mel & Katie!!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2023 Winner

Team

Melanie Lohan
Melanie Lohan
Celebration Specialist

"Since earning my degree in Visual Communication, I have spent years planning and producing every kind of event out there, from holidays and occasions to weddings and corporate events. I strongly believe we should celebrate every day!"

Melanie is 45 years old, a firefighter’s wife, and mother to their 3 grown children, Katie, Sean and Ryan. Best of all, she is mimi to Katie’s daughter, Payton. For too many years to count, she spent much of her time volunteering for the kids’ schools and working at her county’s Office of Education. As much as she enjoyed all of that, she is happy those years are behind her. More recently, she has spent her time creating and designing party printables for her blog and shop. She also helps look after Payton, of course.

Katie Evans
Katie Evans
Celebration Specialist

"I’m a no-nonsense millennial wife and mother, and I’m all about YOUR event vibes and vision. This girl gets it done! I always aim to please, and I love all the different ways in which we celebrate."

Katie is a 24-year-old wife and mother to the most precious human being in the entire world, according to Mimi. Until going full-time with event planning, she worked part-time as a veterinary receptionist. She and her husband, Tyler, who works for our local irrigation district, were married October 2019, thankfully before anyone had even heard of this pandemic. Little Payton was born in March of that year and got to be the surprise guest at their wedding! Even with the slight interruption and unexpected addition to their little family, they did enjoy a long engagement. Mimi likes to point out that ‘Payton came at exactly the right time; we just didn’t know why they wanted such a long engagement!’ Nonetheless, it all worked out beautifully and their friends and family were tickled to have Payton in attendance on such a special day.

1390 Broadway, B264 Placerville, CA, 95667
Location of (Best Day Ever)

Other vendors in Sacramento for your wedding