Behind the DJ Booth

PO Box 65, Brea, CA 92822 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 9

About Behind the DJ Booth

Behind the DJ Booth is a unique and creative DJ service known for rockin’ the crowd and keeping them dancing without coaxing guests on the mic or starting conga lines. With an eclectic musical tastes and a high level of professionalism, we work with couples and clients to provide a tailored soundtrack for their wedding.

We know that our clients and their guests are fans of music and love to dance. Behind the DJ Booth expertly plans and plays your favorite jams at precisely the right time. Each song played is either on repeat on your iPod or a classic favorite from yesteryear.

We know that our clients want their wedding to run smoothly. Behind the DJ Booth pre-plans with each client to identify the vision, event schedule and provides inspiration to ensure that event is specifically catered to your tastes.

We know that our clients would rather not participate in line dances, listen to chatty MCs, or play with tacky props. Behind the DJ Booth reads the crowd, rocks two turntables and expertly mixes, and knows which songs to play for the discerning client.

We are here for our clients; to provide support, insight and suggestions to ensure that they and their guests have an amazing wedding.

We are the DJs behind the DJ booth.

web - www.behindthedjbooth.com

email - michael@behindthedjbooth.com

twitter - @behindthedj

youtube - youtube.com/behindthedjbooth

Follow Behind the DJ Booth on

Personal DJ
I had the pleasure of working with Lea Salonga, a singer, Disney Legend and Broadway star.  She...
I had the pleasure of working with Lea Salonga, a singer, Disney Legend and Broadway star. She...
Couple dancing with guests
Couple dancing with guests
Couple cheers with guests
Couple cheers with guests

• Videos 1

16 Reviews for Behind the DJ Booth

Jordan · Married on 04/23/2016

Michael was a wonderful DJ during our spring wedding in Ramona, CA! He had all of our guests dancing and enjoying themselves throughout the entire reception.

His presentation skills during announcements were phenomenal. Announcements were a BIG things for my husband and I, due to the fact that we've been to so many weddings recently where the DJ's come off as either bored or rather cheesy. You won't have to worry about anything along those lines if you hire Michael. His voice was extremely confident and engaging during the entire wedding.

We did things a bit differently and didn't have first dances with our parents. Michael was completely fine with our requests, and was able to lay things out where people didn't even notice!

We had our ceremony, first dance, and dinner outside, while our dancing and cake cutting was held inside. Michael was flexible with transitioning in the middle of the night without any problems. He was prepared with his equipment and everything went smoothly.

He's extremely entertaining and personable! I would highly suggest hiring Michael for your next event.

Andrew · Married on 01/16/2016

My wife and I knew how important the DJ is to a wedding, and Michael did an amazing job at ours. He was an awesome person to work with! Always checking in on us months prior to our day. He was giving us advice on vendors that we still needed and helping us with ideas and he was only our DJ! lol.. Our guests loved his choice of music. He definitely set the mood right at our wedding. I HIGHLY recommend Michael for any event that you have planned. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ!

Vanessa · Married on 07/19/2014

Before the wedding, we communicated with Michael via telephone, email and in person to go over our musical tastes, our "do not play" songs/artists and other nuances to the ceremony and reception. At the wedding, Michael was on top of his game (showed up early, set up in a breeze, sound checked with members of the bridal party that performed during the ceremony and reception, and got EVERYONE dancing). The best part was when Michael took time to come visit me and my husband to congratulate us. On top of being a great dj, Michael is also super personable and overall just a great dude.

He truly is a jack of all trades and can play nasty nasty music (twerking, put my thing down, flip it and reverse it, back that azz up), indie rock, Filipino line dancing music, and obscure French new age dance music - I speak from experience because we requested and Michael played all of that at our wedding. Our wedding day went by in a blur but whenever we had the small, slowed down moments to enjoy our evening, Michael provided the most perfect soundtrack to the best day of our lives. My guests, my husband and I cannot recommend Behind the DJ Booth enough.

Behind the DJ Booth FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,600.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,000.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Club, Country, Electronic, Hip Hop, Indie, International, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Microphones, Sound/PA System