Bakeshop

Arlington, VA View map

Specialties

The lineup at Bakeshop features classic baked treats. Everything is baked in little batches in the shop. Our cupcakes and cookies change daily. Layer cakes and pies are available to order. We make our own ice cream that goes inside homemade chipwiches and on top of pie slices. Banana pudding, oatmeal and gingersnap cream pies are available daily. Our lineup changes seasonally.

History

Bakeshop's doors opened in the winter of 2010 during a legendary blizzard. "Snowpocalypse" shut down the whole Washington DC area for a week, closing all transportation and creating a winter break for children and adults. Bakeshop opened it's doors for those brave souls that made their way in through the mountains of snow for warm cookies and cakes and coffee. Before the bakery was created, Bakeshop consisted of Justin baking out of a small kitchen, doing custom orders and delivering them around the DC area himself. At the same time he was pushing his conventional oven to the limits working on recipes and creating a lineup of sweets that would feature his childhood favorites and American classics. After finding a perfect little spot on Fillmore Street in a nice Clarendon neighborhood Bakeshop was built from scratch. It's been fun!

Justin "I have a major sweet tooth so this line of work was a no-brainer. My mom got me started at a young age, letting me measure out dry ingredients. Sifting flour is still fun. I'm happiest when Mom is in the shop baking with me. The people that come to the shop are awesome it's a pleasure to know them. Wearing shorts everyday and cookies right out of the oven are also major advantages of the job."

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cookies
Cupcakes
Groom's Cake
Pastries

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Delivery

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Lactose Free
Vegan

Are you licensed by the state health department?

• Samantha
    Samantha Married on 04/13/2018
    Thank you so much for making our favors! We purchased Bakeshop's oreos in a blanket and they were a huge hit. We actually bought 12 extra so that we could take some home but there were none left over by the end of the night. Our wedding planner complimented them and went out of her way to ask where they came from so she could recommend them to future brides. They took our favor stickers and put them on the bags at no extra charge and when the person who I designated to come pick them up told me that she was able to leave a few hours earlier for the wedding and needed to pick them up 2 hours before they were promised, the accommodated us without a problem! Thank you again!

FYI- we really debated on whether to use their cookies or cupcakes for our wedding and decided to go with cookies. But -- as a heads up, the are significantly less expensive than Georgetown cupcake and Baked and Wired. And they are just as cute!
    Micaela Married on 04/09/2016
    This is my local bake shop and they serve wonderful coffee and the best melt in your mouth cupcakes. If you're looking for a simpler option for your wedding, meaning not a fancy cake, this place is wonderful! We ended up deciding we wanted to use The Bake Shop because we LOVE their cupcakes and cookies. In the end, we ended up getting a small 6 inch cake (red velvet with cream cheese frosting), 40 cupcakes assorted (but my FAVORITE is the lemon with cream cheese frosting), and 20 assorted cookies. They were a total hit at my wedding! Everyone loved the cupcakes and cookies and we were still able to do the cake cutting with a small and delicious cake. They ended up doing a textured design with the frosting at my request and then I had the florist put some simple tulips on the top when they were setting up. It looked wonderful, but most importantly again tasted SOOOO good and was affordable!
    Kristen Married on 03/15/2014
    We used Bakeshop for our wedding cake. They made a 6in cake and cupcakes for our wedding. The cake and cupcakes were delicious. Pricing and delivery were very reasonable and they delivered on time. We were able to customize the color of the sprinkles on the various flavors. Overall delicious and great value, I would highly recommend.

1025 N. Fillmore St, Suite G, www.BakeshopVA.com Arlington, 22201