Portland, OR 97202 Map · Phone number

About Austie - Makeup, Hair, designing bridal accessories

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

When Austie Eckley first started working as a makeup artist with MAC over ten years ago, she realized makeup artistry provided her the opportunity for something far greater than creative expression. It allowed her to connect with other women and help them realize their own beauty in a special way. However, little did she know this passion was just the beginning of an even bigger dream that would lead her to create the uniquely feminine, Austie Eckley brand.

A variety of high profile commercial work, and experience as a resident trainer for MAC, provided her the opportunity to travel, teach, and learn about the true art of beauty. And yet, as her experienced increased, she developed an even greater love for the art of styling that went beyond makeup. With her finely attuned feminine taste, professional skill, and creative endeavor, Austie has expanded her artistry to create custom and complete looks for her brides that now include makeup, hair design, and headpieces/accessories. This unique approach allows Austie to highlight and emphasize the beauty of each client in a way that is uniquely reflective of both the client and Austie’s spectacular vision.

Besides hair, makeup and hairpiece design services, Austie is also available to provide styling for boudoir, engagement, editorial and commercial work and has been featured in the following publications:

- Rachel Ray Magazine

- Utah Bride and Groom Magazine

- eleGala Magazine

- Australian Cosmopolitan

- Utterly Engaged Magazine

- And countless blogs including Style Me Pretty, Martha Stewart, Glamour Weddings, and Green weddings Shoes.

Austie lives in Portland, OR with her husband, Justin, and three daughters, Eleanor, Lillian and Penelope. For more on her family’s incredible story, please read it here. 5% of all sales are donated to an organization dedicated to supporting families with children in the NICU.

Follow Austie - Makeup, Hair, designing bridal accessories on

img8926

32 Reviews for Austie - Makeup, Hair, designing bridal accessories

• LayDJade

Jade · Married on 09/26/2015

I was truly blessed to find Austie Eckley... I believe I was led to find her because there were two very important things I wanted as I prepared for my wedding day. Firstly, I wanted to feel beautiful, I wanted a true make up artist, with skill and an international quality that fit with the current make up trends and techniques... that's not easy to find in the PNW, especially when it comes to wedding make up artistry. There are some make up artists in this area that are capable but they miss the second piece which is experience working with brides; the timing, the management and the process. I needed someone who could own the day with me as my ladies and I prepared and Austie did that. I was not only completely confident that my make up look would be what I asked for, which was more than the usual bride, but I knew Austie had the semantics sorted out. I didn't have to worry, I just got to enjoy the ritual as we prepared. Secondly, and for me, very important, I wanted someone who I felt safe with, who created a calm and happy environment. Austie delivered way more than that. I was blessed to be surrounded by such an incredible team of vendors, during my life's most special, exciting and vulnerable moments. Austie is a gem, professionally and personally! Best decision ever, other than marrying my husband of course <3

Sent on 11/06/2015

Damaris · Married on 09/13/2014

For my wedding day I wanted my wedding party to look and feel there absolute prettiest because I believe that the bride shouldn't be the only one that feels pretty I believe your wedding party should too and Eckley most definitely delivered. My wedding party (2 sisters and my mom, oh and by the way were Puertorican for all you latin girls out there) could not believe how amazing they looked. Everyone in my family has a different tone to there skin (olive, pink, tan) and Eckley nailed it in picking the best colors and applications for each. She helped them feel more confident than ever and more importantly they felt and looked beautifull. As for me, I looked amazing, if I do say so myself : ) Eckley really knew what colors would work and how much makeup my face could handle. I loved my look! Eckley is a true professional and a great person, she has a big heart. She was so easy to work with, it was like she was a member of the family, that's how comfortable she makes you feel. She helped make my day special and I will always be thankful for that. If you can, book her! you wont regret it : ) Thanks Eckley for being awesome!

Sent on 01/14/2015

Jenny · Married on 08/02/2014

First of all, you will not find another artist who is as sweet, kind, funny and talented around; she encompasses all of these. She has a heart of gold and makes you feel comfortable with her from the get-go. My best friend Meghan used Austie for her wedding and looked phenomenal; so naturally I had wanted her to be my artist when my wedding rolled around. Luckily, she was available. When I first learned how much getting these services were I thought that it sounded slightly expensive, however IT IS WORTH IT! I firmly believe that you get what you pay for. She takes her time and does such a quality job. Austie did my hair and make-up, my mother's hair and make-up and my maid of honor's as well. We all looked so beautiful when she got done with us. She is so talented at both hair and make-up. In addition... she makes hair pieces and jewelry which are to die for! I had not decided on earrings yet for the wedding and when I came over to do my trial run with her (and I was slightly panicked because I had not decided on jewelry yet...with only 1 week to go). It could not have worked out more perfect because the earrings that she made was just what I needed; they were beautiful long hand-beaded lace pieces. I only had about a week before my wedding but she took the time to rush to get these done for me before my wedding. I am not sure what else to say other than that she is absolutely amazing at her profession as well as being a stunning person!

Sent on 01/20/2015

Austie - Makeup, Hair, designing bridal accessories FAQ

• What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Facials, Hair, Makeup

• Designs by Muse
    Designs by Muse Banquet Halls

Austie is a true professional - from products to implementation to artistry. We love working with her and her team and would recommend her highly.