1903 Hyde Street, San Francisco, CA 94109 Map · Phone number

About Atelier des Modistes

We specialize in couture bridal and eveningwear.  All of our gowns are designed by Suzanne Hanley and made in house in our shop on Russian Hill in San Francisco.  We use the finest 100% silks from Italy and laces from France.  All of our beading is done in house using freshwater pearls and gemstones.

The couture process begins with a consultation with Suzanne Hanley, the owner and designer, who will help you choose the neckline, skirt shape, fabric and trim details of your dress.  The first step in the construction of the gown is a test of the dress in muslin (lightweight cotton) that we use to refine the fit and review design details and shape, before we cut the fabric. A written price quote with fabric swatches is provided at the end of the 90 minute consultation. We usually do about 5 fittings, depending on the time frame and complexity of the piece, and we request a six month lead time.

The shop features the current collection which ranges in price from $2350-$10,000.  Jewelry and accessories designed in house as well as one of a kind pieces from local designers, compliment the collection.

Business hours are Wed-Sat  12-8pm

Please phone to schedule a consultation appointment.

Suzanne Hanley of Atelier des Modistes was voted

Best Local Fashion Designer 2011 by San Francisco Magazine

Check out our facebook page for press and client photos

Other couples have also viewed

• Scarborough
X01630351
X01630706

5 Reviews for Atelier des Modistes

Julianna · Married on 06/30/2018

There is absolutely no designer on this planet like Sue. Every single one of her gowns is a unique, couture masterpiece. From the second you walk through the Jasmine-covered atelier door, the entire experience is enchanting. Sue will do everything and anything to ensure her clients are 100% happy. She gives her clients her undivided attention and patiently explains each step of the process. The supreme quality of her work is unparalleled; every single element of lace, edging, beading and shaping reveals decades of experience and masterful skill! It's impossible to walk out of her atelier without looking fabulous. Her eye for detail is extraordinary, and she has a heart of gold. Sue's an angel and it's a joy and honor to work with her!!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Only being able to give 5 stars is an understatement of the experience you will have if you visit this wedding dress shop! In November 2014, I made 3 wedding dress appointments when my mom came to visit. When we walked into Atelier Des Modistes and met Suzanne Hanley, the owner and talented designer of these amazing gowns, we were immediately sold. It's not just the experience of picking out the dress, but also a calm feeling and connection we had with Suzanne. She just 'got me' and my simple style I was looking for. I was able to pick out 2 dresses from her line and she was able to combine them into my perfect dress. Suzanne makes these dresses from scratch, using the most amazing fabrics so you are guaranteed a perfect fitting dress. I think I had about 8 fittings over a 6-month period (more towards the end). Suzanne is a total perfectionist and she made sure everything was absolutely perfect. She also helped me pick out jewelry, my hair style and accessories, veil, shoes, etc. She helped me put together my whole vision and I could not have been happier with the result.

Wedding preparation is stressful, but choosing to get my dress at Atelier Des Modistes was one of my best decisions. There was nothing stressful about working with Suzanne. She knows exactly what to do and it's a really fun process from start to finish. Her dresses are high-end, made in the store using the best possible fabrics and materials. For the amount of work that went into creating my dress, I would say the price could have been a lot higher! There are a lot of dresses in other stores that are way more expensive that you buy off the rack so I would say it was worth every penny for the amount of TLC that went into my dress. I am recommending Suzanne Hanley from Atelier Des Modistes to all brides- you won't regret it!

Sent on 08/08/2015

Cheyenne · Married on 10/05/2013

I cannot recommend Atelier des Modistes highly enough. Working with Suzanne Hanley throughout the design and fitting of my wedding gown was a wonderful, unparalleled experience, and the completed dress was absolutely perfect. I did a great deal of dress trying-on at Bay Area boutiques prior to visiting Atelier des Modistes, and nothing came close to my experience with Suzanne, with regard to both the loveliness and quality of her dresses, and to the level of expert, personal attention and advice. Nor was there a vast cost difference between the two. And when my mother was having an impossible time finding the right mother-of-the-bride dress, Suzanne was able to design the perfect ensemble for her, as well. We both received numerous compliments at the wedding, and still are, several months later. Again, I can't recommend Atelier des Modistes highly enough - my gown was exquisite and perfectly suited to me and to our wedding, and working with Suzanne was something that I wish could continue!

Sent on 01/09/2014

Atelier des Modistes FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?
    $1,000 - $2,499
    $2,500 - $3,999
    $4,000 - $6,499
    $6,500 - $7,999
    $8,000+
  • Who do you provide services for?
    Bride
    Mother of the Bride
    Mother of the Groom
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Full Customization
  • Which of the following items do you offer?
    Bridal Gowns
    Formal Gowns
    Garters
    Hair Accessories
    Jewelry
    Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?
    Less than 6 months
    6-8 months
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns?
    Monthly
  • What is your return policy?
    Exchanges
    Final Sales

• 1903 Hyde Street San Francisco, 94109 See on map
    4157754323 (Fax Number)
    Wed-Sat 12-8pm
    Location of (Atelier des Modistes)