Ashley Moore Walker - Wedding Officiant and Ceremony Designer

Columbia, SC View map

$220 Typical Price

***COVID-19 UPDATE***

I am sad to say that I am currently not accepting any new clients right now due to the unpredictability of COVID-19. I am not comfortable performing weddings in the near future, but I am also not comfortable signing contracts with couples for weddings later on until we know more about the virus and work on a vaccine and/or treatments. Thank you for understanding.

***

I am currently serving the local COLUMBIA area. However, I am open to negotiating a travel fee for locations outside of Columbia.

I am a wedding officiant and ceremony designer who specializes in entirely custom ceremonies that reflect the couple both as individuals and as a unit, and I have been performing weddings since the spring of 2015. I love to explore the couple's journey in my ceremonies, and I hope to make each ceremony one of the most special moments of your lives. If custom isn't your style, I am happy to perform anything you provide or ask me to find for you. I am also happy to perform ceremonies of any religion, or a secular (non-religious) ceremony if you prefer.

In addition to performing weddings, I am also a high school English teacher. I hold a B.A. in English and an M.A. in Composition and Rhetoric. My experience in teaching, as well as my experiences speaking at national and international conferences, has allowed me to further my public speaking abilities and enhance my speaking presence.My specialization in composition has taught me a variety of techniques for writing, which I now apply to my custom ceremonies.

My favorite part of working as a couple's officiant is going the extra mile to make sure their ceremony is exactly what they want, whether that be rewrites of the ceremony script, research on alternative readings or unity ceremonies, and so on. I believe that a wedding officiant should strike the perfect balance of personal and professional. I am a vendor hired for your wedding, but I would also like to get to know you as more than just a client. Through discussions via email, phone, and in person, I hope to be able to learn more about you as a couple in order to make your wedding ceremony experience easy and enjoyable.

Website: http://columbiaweddings.weebly.com/

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$220

Which of the following are included in the price?

Ceremony Rehearsal

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$100

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union
Single Religion

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows
Licensed

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
Pagan
Presbyterian
Quaker
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.
30-60 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

SC

What languages do you speak?

English

1 User photo

Megan L. Married on 09/14/2019

Friendly, Helpful, Professional Officiant!

Ashley was incredibly friendly, kind and professional. She was more than willing to meet with us when we preferred face to face interaction and offered many examples of poems, readings, formats, etc... She eased my fears when I would worry about our ceremony being too short, too long, too unemotional, too emotional... Ashley was super easy to work with, had great insight into what makes a ceremony special, and she really made it so I didn't have to worry about anything ceremony-related the leading up to and the day of the wedding. I'd highly recommend hiring Ashley!
    Erika A. Married on 08/31/2019

So professional and friendly

She really knows what she’s doing and made the whole process a breeze! My husband and I were already married so having an officiant was the last thing on my mind and she was available on somewhat short notice. Everything was perfect and I was so happy to have met her.
    Jen S. Married on 08/16/2019

Wonderful Experience!

Ashley is an excellent communicator and also helps you draft your ceremony to fit you exactly how you imagine it/want it. She gets to know about you first and what you'd like and puts together the perfect ceremony. Ours went perfectly well and I highly recommend her. She keeps in touch, asks questions, communicates, and shows up on time. She's an excellent officiant.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Pricing

Ashley Moore Walker - Wedding Officiant and Ceremony Designer Price Rates

Columbia, SC, 29210
Location of (Ashley Moore Walker - Wedding Officiant and Ceremony Designer)

Other vendors in Columbia for your wedding