Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Asheville Celebrant

Personal Ceremonies for Life's Big Moments

Rev. Michelle Kimberly Smith here.  My intention is always for you to have a ceremony that creates lasting connections in your family and community, a ceremony that your guests remember for years to come.   I am very talented at officiating ceremony and I take pride in delivering each ceremony from my heart with sincerity and enthusiasm for all to hear and appreciate.  For more testimonials please visit my website, ashevillecelebrant.com.

I am an ordained Inter-faith Minister.  I honor all philosophies, beliefs and traditions--religious, secular, spiritual, inter-faith and multi-cultural.  As a Certified Life-Cycle Celebrant I am a ceremony specialist with a solid background in the history, theory and practice of ritual and ceremony;as well as familiarity with symbols, rituals and readings from a wide range of cultures.

I assist couples in choosing rituals, readings, symbols and music to fulfill their ideals.  I bring a seasoned understanding  of structure, setting and pace that makes for meaningful ceremonies.  I will listen to you and make suggestions. I will throw in a healthy dose of compassion, humor and encouragement and in the end, we will make the perfect ceremony - one that is beautiful, unique and tells your story.

My fees fall within a range depending on a number of elements including travel and whether a rehearsal is required.Generally speaking I offer two packages: the Complete Celebrant Ceremony and the Sweet, Simple Ceremony.

In the Complete Celebrant Ceremony process you will actively and meaningfully contribute to the content of your wedding ceremony. We will have a relaxed meeting to discuss your vision for your wedding. I'll be listening to learn about your spiritual beliefs, values and personalities.

I will send each of you a Questionnaire that I will ask you to complete separately. (You're welcome to show it to each other after you've completed them.) I hear from couples that this is a really enjoyable and special experience for them. They find it very meaningful to take the time and space to articulate their journey to this point, the things they appreciate and love about each other and their intentions for their marriage.

Then, with all of these elements in mind I will write and design your ceremony. I'll suggest and/or write prayers/invocations, readings, poems, rituals, vows and blessings that express your story, beliefs and intentions. Certainly you may bring in favorite elements of your own. If you'd like to write your own vows I can make suggestions to support you in that process as well. You will have complete choice of your ceremony including word for word approval of the ceremony script. I am available by phone or email for unlimited consultations regarding your ceremony.

For Sweet, Simple Ceremony we will have a shorter meeting, usually by phone, where I'll also listen for your beliefs, values and personalities. I provide you with a customized Ceremony Template including several selections of my favorite prayers, invocations, reading and poems chosen based on our conversation. You can say traditional vows, modify one of the samples I can provide or write your own. You can suggest favorite readings you would like to include. This choice is generally for couples who want to keep their ceremony very simple and intimate. However, some couples have chosen this option for larger weddings.

No matter which package you choose I am very talented at officiating ceremony and I take pride in delivering each ceremony from my heart with sincerity and enthusiasm for all to hear and appreciate. You'll also receive a beautiful keepsake copy of your ceremony that you can enjoy for years to come.

The Complete Celebrant Ceremony Package ranges from $425 to $700 depending on travel, whether or not a rehearsal is necessary, the number of elements included, etc.

The Sweet, Simple Ceremony ranges from $225 - $400 also depending on travel, whether or not a rehearsal is necessary, the number of elements included, and so on.

I will be happy to help you Explore the Possibilities in a relaxed, no-obligation phone call scheduled at a time that is convenient for you. Please contact me at 828-230-3845 or ashevillecelebrant@gmail.com.

Categories: Wedding Officiant, Wedding Service

Licensed (1)
No Denomination (1)
Agnostic (1)
Pagan (1)

You were wonderful! We loved every part of our ceremony and how you tied it all together (no puns intended given the hand-fasting and old time the knot saying) :)

Not only did we love the ceremony and how kind, hard working, helpful, and understanding you were (especially since I forgot the marriage license at our hotel); there were a lot of people who saw the video and commented about how lovely the ceremony was written.

Profile Picture Alexis, 7/13/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Michelle was wonderful. We really didn't know exactly what kind of ceremony we wanted other than something short (we had kids at the wedding), sweet and meaningful and spiritual (not religious). She sent via email several different suggestions for the ceremony allowing us to pick and choose. She willingly and promptly compiled several drafts for us and everything went smoothly. Our guests had nothing but great things to say. Thanks Michelle.

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Non-religious

Rev. Michelle K. Smith was an absolute pleasure to work with! My wife and I planned and organized our entire wedding ourselves. The only hired help we had was a chef and Michelle, our ordained celebrant. Needless to say, we were both overwhelmed and stressed, but Michelle promised to create a unique, special and beautiful ceremony, and she definitely delivered. Conversations and correspondence with Michelle were always prompt and thorough, until we were all 100% satisfied with the program she designed. From the first time we spoke, she gave my wife and I peace of mind, because it felt like talking to a friend or kindred spirit, who truly wanted to make our moment magical. We had our dream wedding with a loose, bohemian feel, in our favorite spot in the mountains on a beautiful Autumn day, surrounded by friends and family. Michelle helped weave all of those elements together with a ceremony that embodied us and described our souls perfectly, and I'm sure she can work the same magic for any couple, with any style wedding ceremony in mind. Thanks again, Michelle! You come highly recommended by Elena and I, and we hope to see you around!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Aaron, 9/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Non-religious, Earth-Based, Pagan, Customized Vows, Licensed

220x220 sq 1342907811081 ceremonypix1crisbrian
220x220 sq 1342907814767 ceremonypix2crisbrian
220x220 sq 1342907820096 ceremonypix3crisbrian

2 ENDORSEMENTS
Michelle presents herself as a professional who works with couples to create a personal and meaningful commitment ceremony that reflects what is most important to the individuals. I would recommend her.

Asheville Celebrant brings a creative approach to ceremony, while still holding respect for all the things marriage/the ceremony is about! Our clients appreciate the way she custom-tailors each ceremony to be most appropriate for their background and journey. We look forward to working with Michelle!

124 Choctaw Street, Asheville, NC 28801   See On Map