1613 LINWOOD DR, Clearwater, FL 33755-2346 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $1,800
Availability Check your date

About Amber McWhorter Photography

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! I'm Amber - a wife and a mom of two dogs. I am a photographer based in the Clearwater/Tampa, FL area but willing and ready to go anywhere! I am a reading teacher, a lover, and a traveler. I love going on adventures, seeing new places, trying new food and coffee shops, visiting local breweries, hitting up concerts, and experiencing new things all with camera attached, of course!

I love documenting the moments and emotions of life which is how I found my niche with wedding photography. I am passionate about being the one to capture every minute of love, laughter, excitement, and happiness on the day that you will remember forever. It gives me all the good feels!

So, in case you were wondering, how did i get here? I always have had appreciation for creating and viewing art. With that interest, I took photography classes in college and learned more about how the camera works, how to develop film, and how to process my own prints in the darkroom.

While this was an amazing experience and a great base for starting photography, I knew I wanted more. I purchased my first DSLR in 2012 and started shooting families and couples, eventually working myself up to photographing weddings.

I immediately fell in love with photographing the connection between couples.

As for my style, it has evolved over time but I found a work style that is unique and that I can call mine. I would describe my photography as a photo-journalistic style. I am there to tell your story and to document your day. My style is accentuated by taking in all of the surrounding areas and creatively using them to enhance my photos. I love sunshine and use natural lighting as often as i can to produce photos that have a more genuine feel.

So enough about me. I am excited you are here and thank you for stopping by, but now let me get the chance to learn more about you!

Follow Amber McWhorter Photography on

Amber McWhorter Photography 3
Amber McWhorter Photography 4

Angelina Thomas · Married on 10/20/2018

Wonderful!

Amber is a fantastic photographer! Her eye for a beautiful picture is outstanding and she’s able to make ordinary things look extraordinary. She was a pleasure to work with and made sure to get every shot in a timely manner. She was helpful and patient when I wasn’t feeling well and had to stop for a few moments because of an illness associated with pregnancy. She has always been prompt on answering questions and getting back to us. We are so very thankful to have had her capture our big day!

Sent on 09/04/2019

Kristin · Married on 05/19/2018

Words can't express how much I love amber's artistic talent and vision. I was lucky enough to book her for my engagement and wedding photos. The work she produces blows me away and we get sooo many compliments on her pictures that she has taken of myself and my husband. She was very professional, respectful and fun to work with. She was very assertive and took charge when there was a threat of rain, and when working with fussy groomsmen who were tired of taking pictures. She was insanely efficient and we had more than enough time to take as many pictures as we could stand. She even seized the moment when a rainbow and beautiful sunset came out for the PERFECT photo opportunity. It's an absolute no brainer to work with amber- she was amazing! Communicating with her was so easy and she was really great at recommending vendors- which was a blessing when planning a destination wedding.

Sent on 05/22/2018

Molly · Married on 04/14/2018

It took me almost 6 months to write this review as I did not know how to put into words how amazing Amber is. Amber goes above and beyond her duties as a photographer. She was the voice of reason for the whole day of the wedding. She quickly calmed my panic over not knowing how to put on my veil. She convinced my groom that we needed a first look (even though the bridal party was late and the priest was NOT having it). In a day full of emotions, she was calm and knew how to navigate through the details of the day.

Amber’s photography is amazing. I truly cannot put into words her ability to capture the day, from the smallest details, to the most stunning images. Amber was organized through the whole process and during the wedding made sure to capture every shot that I had requested. She has a knack for finding the best spots for photos- some of my favorite from the day were in front of wooden crates, and they were so beautiful and unique. I typically don’t like how I look in photos, but Amber works miracles and somehow captures your best angles! She is creative, talented, and extremely kind.

You cannot go wrong in booking Amber for your wedding. Your wedding day goes by in a flash, but Amber’s pictures captured all the love, excitement, fun, and beauty of the day. We are so glad to relive the day over and over again, thanks to Amber.

Sent on 10/06/2018

Amber McWhorter Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 1,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? High-Res Images, Toning, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,800.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Toning, Digital Files, Proofs, Save the Date
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter, Toning, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date

• Grant Hemond and Associates, Inc.
    Grant Hemond and Associates, Inc. Wedding DJs

Amber is awesome to work with! Very professional and beautiful work!

• 1930 Grande Room
    1930 Grande Room Banquet Halls

We cannot speak highly enough of working with Amber. She is friendly professional and amazing to work with. We love sharing her photos of our couples and they rave about how great she was to work with and how much they treasure the photos from her. I love each text or email from our couples with her sneak peeks!! You will love this choice in photographer!! Recommend her to all our our clients! 5 stars!!

• Nature Coast Entertainment Services, LLC
    Nature Coast Entertainment Services, LLC Wedding DJs

A. Shaffer Photography is one of the BEST! Great pictures, easy to work with and always a smile on her face. If you want amazing photos of your wedding, look no further than A. Shaffer Photography!

• Clearwater, 33755 See on map