Washington, DC 20036 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 54
  • Pricing

About Aimee Custis Photography

I’m Aimee. I'm a wedding + portrait photographer documenting moments and telling stories in Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland, and wherever else love takes me.

I believe in color. I believe in letting moments unfold and catching genuine emotions.

I want you to have the best experience imaginable. As a wedding photographer, that means I'll put everything I've learned in my years of photographing weddings to use to help you, guide you, and make things a little bit smoother. Looking out for the unexpected, sharing my knowledge, and making everything just a little bit easier. So that you wring every last drop of awesome out of your photography. Just taking beautiful photos is only half the job.

The people I photograph embrace their quirks as part of what makes them truly beautiful. They aren't afraid to be a little goofy, sassy, or human. I'm lucky to use my photos to tell their stories.

I'm known for my warm, sunny, genuine photos of weddings and people, and for helping my clients relax and have fun in front of the camera. My couples say I'm a calming, cheerful presence on their wedding day. I'm with you and on your team every step of the way. I'll get to know you, and what makes you tick, before you're ever in front of my lens, and we'll keep building that rapport all the way through the end of your wedding night. There's no secret sauce... comfortable, happy people look good in photos.

My photos have been featured in such wonderful places as Catalyst Wedding Co, A Bicycle Built for Two, Capitol Romance, Richmond Wedding Collective, C Magazine, and Charm City Wed.

Take a look around. Peek into my work and my life. See what other people have said about me. Read my FAQs. Or throw caution to the wind and say hello already. I can’t wait to meet you!

Follow Aimee Custis Photography on

Other couples have also viewed

• Carefree Photography, LLC

Videos 3 Videos

35 Reviews for Aimee Custis Photography

1 User photo

S.k. · Getting married on 12/10/2021

Fantastic engagement photo session!

From start to finish, we enjoyed working with Aimee and would recommend her to anyone. She had an incredible way of making us feel at ease during our engagement session, and not like we were in front of a camera the entire time. For two reserved people, her guidance every step of the way was invaluable! She has an impeccable eye and really delivered on the style of pictures we wanted.

Sent on 07/13/2020

Aimee Custis Photography's reply:

Thank you!! Working with the two of you was a total delight, and I'm so glad we had so much fun together at your session.
  • Erin

Erin S. · Married on 11/23/2019

The perfect wedding photographer experience!

Saying Aimee was wonderful to work with does not do our experience justice! From our first "get to know you" meeting we knew Aimee was the photographer for us. My husband and I are both self admittedly awkward in front of the camera and opted to do an engagement session to prep for the big day, Aimee was wonderful walking us through poses and making us feel comfortable doing what does NOT come naturally to us. On our wedding day Aimee and her team were on top of everything, and they were so kind and friendly we received multiple comments from our bridal party! Seeing all our photos afterwards we were reminded why we loved all of Aimee's work from the start, there is the perfect mix of the classic posed photos and so many of the little moments, that I didn't even realize she and her team were capturing at the time but have made for some of our favorite memories. In the last year it has been so wonderful to look back on the photos Aimee gave us and relive our Wedding. We can't wait to see our wedding album and will continue to cherish every photo and memory.

Sent on 11/01/2020
  • Adam

Allison S. · Married on 11/10/2019

Great Woman and Great Photographer!

We instantly clicked with Aimee, right from our first meeting with her. It was important to us that we liked our vendors as people, not just professionals, and we got that and more with Aimee!

Since we hired Aimee before we hired our coordinator, her advice was invaluable to our timeline and aesthetics. She answered countless questions and coordinated seamlessly with us and our other vendors. When the day of the wedding came, she was on time, kept to the schedule, and was just fun to be around. Many of the members of our wedding party told us how much they liked Aimee and her assistant. During the actual party, they blended in so much that I honestly forgot they were there! She really went the extra mile for us.

While we haven't seen the full album yet, the engagement and first look pictures that we have seen exactly capture the look we were going for.

Aimee is a great person and a great photographer. We can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 12/16/2019

Aimee Custis Photography Pricing

Aimee Custis Photography Price Rates

Aimee Custis Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 950.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Add'l Hours
    Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 3800
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Engagement Shoot
    Albums
    Flush Mount
    Prints
    Proofs
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Film
    Natural
    Photojournalism
    Traditional
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Second Shooter
    Slideshow
    Trash The Dress
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Flush Mount
    Matted Prints
    Negatives
    Prints
    Save the Date

• Izzy B Makeup Wedding Hair & Makeup

An incredible spirit with major, major talent!!!

• Perpetual Sound LLC Wedding DJs

Aimee is awesome, no, Awesome (please note the capital "A."). We worked together a couple months back and it was a complete pleasure. A fantastic down-to-Earth personality and an incredible eye for capturing the perfect moments. Aimee rocks!

• Jewish Heart and Soul—Rabbi-Cantor Annie Bornstein Wedding Officiants

MAGNIFICENT and very original photos!!! Rarely have I seen such beautiful and creative photos! I highly recommend Aimee Custis Photography!

• Washington, DC, 20036 See on map
    2024317185 (Phone number)
    Location of (Aimee Custis Photography)

Aimee Custis Photography frequently asked questions

What photography services does Aimee Custis Photography include in the starting price?

Aimee Custis Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:

• Add'l Hours
  • Proofs

What photography services does Aimee Custis Photography include in their most popular wedding package?

Aimee Custis Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:

• 2nd Shooter
  • Add'l Hours
  • Engagement Shoot
  • Albums
  • Flush Mount
  • Prints
  • Proofs

What photography styles does Aimee Custis Photography offer?

Aimee Custis Photography offers the following photography styles:

• Contemporary
  • Film
  • Natural
  • Photojournalism
  • Traditional

What photography services does Aimee Custis Photography offer?

Aimee Custis Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:

• Additional Hours
  • Second Shooter
  • Slideshow
  • Trash The Dress
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does Aimee Custis Photography offer for wedding events?

Aimee Custis Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:

• Albums
  • Canvas
  • Flush Mount
  • Matted Prints
  • Negatives
  • Prints
  • Save the Date

What percentage of users recommend Aimee Custis Photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Aimee Custis Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.