27 Reviews for Aimee Custis Photography

Liability Insurance (1)
Wedding Portraits (1)
Albums (1)
26 Aimee Custis Photography Reviews

Aimee was the best wedding photographer. If you are considering hiring her you WILL NOT regret it. Our photos turned out amazingly and she was so professional, while at the same time being so thoughtful and accommodating. So many guests commented on how great she was and she was a HUGE help in making sure everything ran smoothly on our (extremely hot) wedding day. She is also just generally a lovely human and it was great to have such an awesome person share our wedding day with us. Thank you Aimee!!!

Profile Picture Erika, 6/30/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Aimee Custis is fabulous! We met with and spoke to several wedding photographers, and from our first meeting with her, she blew us away and we knew we wanted her to shoot our engagement photos and wedding.

Aimee's attention to detail and organization is something that really helped make our day run smoothly. Her spreadsheets made my life easier, and helped organize family and friends, and keep everything running on time. And when it came time for formal photos, she took charge and was able to corral family -- not an easy task.

Aimee and her second shooter, Kian, and assistant Megan, were also really wonderful on the day of the wedding when it came to shooting our individual portraits, first-look, and the ceremony and party. We didn't even know they were there, which is the highest praise I can give!

Aimee's engagement photos for us were also beautiful. She shot us in the snow in February, which is not easy with cameras, or with freezing cold people, but the photos were wonderful and made us comfortable and at-ease with poses and being in the spotlight.

I would highly recommend Aimee for your wedding day. She was fun, organized, and helpful, and most importantly, a wonderful photographer.

Profile Picture Leah, 6/23/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Working with Aimee was truly the best decision we made when planning our wedding. When looking for a wedding photographer, we sought someone with whom we felt comfortable and trusted, who respected our preferences (which included skipping many wedding traditions), and who could capture the casual, colorful atmosphere we were hoping to achieve at our wedding. Aimee exceeded all of our expectations, not only as an incredibly talented photographer but also as a wonderful resource and source of support throughout the planning process. Aimee devotes incredible time and effort to get to know her clients (meeting with us in her home and making us feel like long-time friends), and I felt confident that she understood our needs and wants. She helped us feel comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera (no small feat for two introverts), was responsive to our questions and concerns, and had so much expertise and advice to offer. Our engagement and wedding photos are breathtaking - colorful, warm, and full of emotion - but it was also Aimee's incredibly positive energy, patience, creativity, and warmth throughout the process that left an impact. Our friends and family cannot stop talking about how gorgeous the photos are -- and how awesome Aimee is!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Full disclosure: Aimee is a friend of a dear friend, so I've known for some time that she's a great person, but I had NO idea just how great she'd be as a wedding photographer!

After admiring Aimee's work for years before getting engaged, I was so excited to have an excuse to finally work with her. From the second we sat down with her for our initial consultation Aimee put at us at ease and made the whole process simple and FUN.

During our actual wedding, Aimee was a calming, productive, presence, and she went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly. From supplying me with bobby pins and tissues to finding the PERFECT light and setting or some golden-hour photos, Aimee and her second shooter Chris were absolutely instrumental in making our day perfect. In fact, when I look back on the day some of my favorite memories are from our photo sessions. Aimee has a knack for turning potentially awkward situations into incredibly fun ones, and as a kindred type-A spirit, she works incredibly hard to get the perfect shot in ever location.

And the PHOTOS! Where do I even begin! I knew Aimee would do a great job, but I was absoultely blown away by how incredible they turned out. She somehow managed to capture every happy emotion and detail from the day in the most gorgeous set of wedding photos I've ever seen. (I know I'm biased, but this has been backed up by my friends and family who agree!)

I cannot recommend working with Aimee highly enough!

Profile Picture Alison, 4/7/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

If you want to get a true professional who is focused on looking out for what will deliver the best photos, Aimee Custis photography will deliver. Sometimes in our wedding we were overwhelmed by all of the things to consider in placement and set up of the ceremony, Aimee stepped in and worked with our venue to ensure the best set up was in place. We also are not people who are always comfortable with being the center of attention and Aimee made us feel very relaxed and comfortable to just be our silly selves. She really encouraged us to just be in the moment and enjoy our time together on such a fast moving day.
Thank you Aimee!

Profile Picture Mary, 9/3/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

We had such an amazing time working with Aimee and her team. Aimee was so organized and helpful through the entire wedding process and wedding day. She was also sensitive to all of the needs of our wedding party and guests, including young children. She and her team were fun to work with the day-of, kept stress levels down, and were super creative and committed to get amazing photos (even going knee-deep in a pool or laying on the ground outside to capture a great angle). We received the pictures quickly, and we're thrilled with the results! The photos are absolutely beautiful, and there are so many great ones to pick from and share! I'm so happy we used Aimee Custus Photography for our special day!

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Aimee did an amazing job for our July 2017 wedding at Lincoln's Cottage. Including the engagement session in the wedding package is a wonderful idea. My husband and I don't love to be the center of attention and Aimee made us feel like PROS during the engagement session- she immediately put us at ease. She is incredibly supportive and positive, while also being efficient and direct with her instructions-- which results in amazing shots in a short amount of time! On our wedding day, it rained and at point Aimee was basically lying in the wet grass to get us the best shots. That is how much she cares! She is beyond amazing and we could not recommend her more. We are so happy with how our photographs came out - and so happy to have such a great person be a part of our special day. Thanks Aimee!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 7/22/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Photography

Aimee is honestly one of the best photographers in the DC area!! A friend referred us to her for our engagement shoot and we are so lucky she did. Aimee gave us great pointers and suggestions beforehand and helped us narrow down where we’d go for our photos. She was always responsive and helpful with any questions we had. When we finally met Aimee in person she was easy to talk to and made the whole thing fun. Our wedding planning stress melted away for those 2 hours we spent with her and she even went beyond the session time because she loved the sunset and the light we were getting. She is also very accommodating with dogs and took some great shots with us and our dog. All the photos came out so beautifully! We would recommend Aimee to anyone looking for an engagement/wedding photographer or any other photography occasion.

Profile Picture Yael, 7/9/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Digital Files

Not only is Aimee an incredibly talented and professional photographer, she's also the most phenomenal cheerleader, coach, fan and organizer you could ask for on your wedding day. My husband and I are not people who adore having our pictures taken, yet Aimee made each photo session an absolute blast. All of our photos were gorgeous and there was a huge variety ranging from candid shots to impressive portraits. Our engagement session offered many challenges due to weather, yet Aimee's upbeat demeanor kept us excited to keep shooting. Her communication is out of this world. She provided us with spreadsheets and timelines and plenty of advice on how the day should run. On our wedding day, I couldn't have asked for a more natural team member. She truly treated our wedding as a labor of love and was amazing at keeping the groom calm throughout the entire day. She was incredibly flexible when it came to our customized package, and her second shooter, Chris, was equally professional and upbeat. If you want wedding photos that ooze your personality and document your love in an honest and joyful way, please book Aimee.

Profile Picture Amber, 5/27/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits

Matt and I had a grand (and somewhat unusual) vision for our engagement party and we wanted every, single, moment documented. Thank goodness we had the opportunity to work with Aimee and her team. They were the best! Aimee supported me in the visioning process, aided by her prompt and chipper communications, mapped out the best way to capture a pretty complex day (150-person bike ride through the streets of DC, 12 layers of surprise, a dark and crammed venue) and she corralled all of us cats with charm and ease. Her team's photos (AND VIDEO!) captured the stories and lost little moments that we, and our friends and family, will cherish for the rest of our lives. I really hope we get to work with her on our wedding!

Profile Picture Nelle, 4/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Aimee photographed our engagement session this fall and she is absolutely amazing. You will not find a more delightful person! She went above and beyond to make sure we felt comfortable with the poses and she knew how to perfectly capture those small, beautiful moments. She was incredibly responsive by email and phone leading up to the session and remained professional, flexible, and friendly throughout the process.

We felt like we had known her forever- during a break from photos we sat around eating cupcakes and chatting and I kept forgetting that I had just met her that afternoon! That's how effortlessly kind Aimee is. She will also make you laugh a lot which is great for having a natural smile in your photos :)

I highly recommend choosing Aimee to be your photographer - you will be in great hands and she will be truly make you feel special. A+++!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Engagement Shoot

Having Aimee as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we made, she was the best! We first heard about Aimee through a friend and had her shoot some engagement photos for us - was awesome experience #1 with Aimee. From there we knew we wanted to hire her for our wedding too, but she was the one to pump the brakes and make sure that we knew what we would be getting and setting clear expectations - a much appreciated step in an industry where people generally won't hesitate a second to take more of your money. Obviously, we confirmed our decision to hire Aimee and it was nothing but greatness after that. She seamlessly coordinated with the our venue, made herself available to do a thorough walk-through with us so she knew what to expect, and was honest and forthcoming with ideas/recommendations about timing and places of photos. There is not a single thing we regret about hiring Aimee or wish had gone differently - we would do it again in a heartbeat and think you should too!

Profile Picture Zack, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Not only does Aimee provide fabulous art in capturing amazing moments, she does it with fun and passion. My husband and I prefer to work with professionals that are genuinely passionate about what they do and Aimee brings nothing but passion to her work. She offered more than we anticipated and fulfilled not only on timelines but with the quality of work promised. Aimee comes highly recommended and we would love to work with her again for future photography needs.

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We don't even know where to begin-if we could give Aimee 10 stars, we would do it in a heartbeat. Aimee is the all around BEST. Working with Aimee leading up to the wedding was so easy--she put together our day-of timeline, walked us through the important logistics we hadn't thought about, gave us several options for first-look photos, and told us where we needed to be and when! On the day of the wedding, working with her was somehow even easier! From the moment she showed up, it felt like we had known her forever. She was calm, patient, funny and kept our nerves at ease-and she was SO efficient. She has all of the qualities you want around you on such a big day. We even had guests comment to us after the wedding on how kind and professional she was. We were already impressed and then we saw her photos (just two weeks after the wedding!!). Breathtakingly beautiful. We never imagined that someone could capture our day so perfectly and we are so truly grateful for her work. If you're looking for a talented, patient, and kind photographer at a great price point--don't look any further. You've already found her. (Thanks for everything, Aimee!!)

Profile Picture Molly, 8/6/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Multi. Locations

Booking Aimee was one of the best decisions we made in wedding planning. She was great to work with for both our engagement shoot and on the day of our wedding. She gives great direction and her personality made us feel super comfortable.

On the day of our wedding things were running behind schedule, but Aimee helped me stay calm and she easily adapted to be sure we still got great photos. It was very hot out during our formal portraits, and she got through them very quickly so that everyone could get back inside. And most importantly, our photos came out beautifully! We can't wait for our album!

Profile Picture Emily, 6/11/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Aimee is magic. Seriously. She takes gorgeous pictures and is so helpful, kind and openminded that it really could not be more fun working with her. We initially had some phone conversations with her- we were working from a distance at the beginning of the wedding planning process and she made it really easy to share more about ourselves and our expectations for our wedding photography. The pricing of her photography packages is very straightforward, and with the package we chose we had a complimentary engagement session included which allowed us time to get to know her and to learn more about how to be in front of the camera. She also was super helpful with figuring out how to take pictures with our cute dog while also getting good pictures of the two of us as well.

On the day of our wedding she had two other shooters with her- Kian, who helped her take getting-ready pictures and Paola, who helped with photography at the wedding itself. Both Kian and Paola are equally as nice as Aimee and we loved having them with us. Aimee made sure that we looked our best in front of the camera- she's a master boutnniere putter-onner and she always made sure that my wife (Brigid) had her wedding dress placed just right. One moment that sticks out to me is that at the wedding a member of our catering team was confused and was calling me sir (I'm female, but I have short hair and was wearing a suit.) It was an honest mistake but I was a little perturbed by this due to the fact that this was a gay wedding and being mistaken for the opposite gender is just not much fun in general. Aimee was nearby and after we explained the situation to her she took a moment and addressed the issue with the caterer, which was amazing and so appreciated especially because it was so outside of her job description. Aimee is amazingly talented, genuinely nice, and extremely helpful. She is a great choice as your wedding photographer!

Profile Picture Brigid, 3/12/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations

What can I say about Aimee that hasn't been said in her other reviews. She is great to work with. She comes with a plan but she also lets the surroundings inspire her. She is great at helping you pose but also keeping you relaxed. She is great with camera wielding family members who do things like ask her to hold their camera phone while Kian ( the second photographer) takes photos. Honestly, after our engagement photos with her, my fiance and I started taking better everyday photos from the posing techniques she taught us. My bridesmaids had nothing but good things to say about her and they are a truthful/blunt bunch. She made the photography fun but also manages to capture so many beautiful moments. I recommend her all the way.

Profile Picture sandra, 12/13/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images

Aimee met and exceeded our expectations in a wedding photographer. She and her team (Kian McKeller for our engagement shoot and Chris Langford for our wedding) were incredibly professional while also making the whole experience fun and easy. For our first meeting with her, Aimee clearly explained all of her packages and what we could expect from her, and also helped us think about what we cared about and didn't care about for our photography. She offered her help throughout the whole planning process as well, especially about lighting our ceremony space, as we planned to get married outside in the dark.

For our engagement shoot, she and Kian were up at sunrise to meet us, and were so great with our dog during the second part of the shoot. Never having had our photographs professionally taken, we wanted to get more comfortable in front of the camera, and Aimee and Kian made that incredibly easy - the process was fun and the photos turned our amazing!

At the wedding, Aimee and Chris were incredibly accommodating and adaptive to our free-flowing and sometimes on-the-fly timeline. Aimee was such calming presence as I was getting ready. We didn't have time to do family portraits before the wedding, but with the time we had they seamlessly orchestrated the first look and our portraits. At the reception, they had the wonderful idea of setting up a place in one of the rooms inside where we could take group family shots, instead of heading back outside. This was so convenient and allowed us to enjoy the entire reception. We recently received our wedding photos and are beyond thrilled with them! We haven't stopped receiving compliments on them.

Overall, Aimee's photography style exactly matched what we were looking for: natural, relaxed, candid, and joyful. She clearly loves what she does and engaging with her clients and I think that is very much reflected in her work. We couldn't be happier that we chose her to document our wedding.

Profile Picture Hilary, 11/14/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

Aimee shot our engagement session (with Kian McKellar) and wedding (with Chris Langford), and the photos are absolutely gorgeous, but I'm sure you know how great her photos are if you've taken even a quick glance at her site or portfolio, right? Amazing work aside, hiring Aimee was one of the best decisions we made while planning our wedding, for reasons the pictures don't capture.

First, in all communications with Aimee, she was warm, professional, flexible, and honest. She was a huge asset to us in planning our wedding and made some awesome vendor recommendations.

During each photo session, she made us comfortable immediately and guided us along without making us feel awkwardly posed. Plus, during our wedding day, she and Chris did a great job wrangling our families and capturing portraits where we all look relaxed and happy.

Last, but not at all least, Aimee was a friendly, calming presence on our wedding day -- this was so much more important than I anticipated because she and her crew were with us all day. When you think of hiring a wedding photographer, you never imagine that she will be the person you turn to in mild panic when you realize you have no idea how to cut the cake. (For the record, Aimee cheerfully replied something to the effect of, "Couples never know how to cut the cake! Just go for it, and it'll be great!" She was right.)

Having Aimee as a part of our team allowed us to relax and have a blast on our wedding day, and in turn, the joy and happiness we felt on that day is so wonderfully captured in her photos.

Profile Picture Allie, 10/11/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Aimee has been one of the best parts about our wedding! From the very first email until months after the wedding, Aimee has been a wonderful part of our planning, the day of, and post-wedding experience. Aimee is a true professional at what she does, but she does it with grace, poise, and elegance, and it is always a great time! I was so nervous for our engagement session, mostly because I wasn't sure what to expect and I'm usually not in front of the camera. Aimee immediately put my fears to rest and I knew we had made the right choice.

The day of Aimee had creative freedom and I'm so glad! She did an amazing job capturing the unique elements of our wedding in ways I never would have thought of. Her insight and talent are a treasure and I'm so happy we were able to have that for our big day.

Since the wedding I have had nothing but compliments about my photos and I love them so much! I wouldn't trade my experience with Aimee for anything. She has great vision, talent, and a wonderful personality! She made the day that much better by being a part of it and we loved sharing in those wonderful moments.

Profile Picture Marcelle, 9/19/15, 13 Reviews
Category: Photography

I cannot think of enough compliments to say about Aimee. She is absolutely wonderful as a person and photographer! Funny, kind and patient with tons of creative ideas! You will not be disappointed if you use her services! Her photographer skills are amazing, she is incredibly flexible and made me feel super calm on my wedding day! I would refer her to anyone!

Profile Picture aubrey, 6/6/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

We literally cannot recommend Aimee highly enough. She met with us personally go over a shot list and timeline, and beautifully balanced making suggestions to produce more beautiful pictures while also respecting non-negotiable aspects of our timeline, which she readily worked around. On the day of, she balanced keeping us relaxed, wrangling our wide array of spirited family members, and unobtrusively capturing what seemed like every moment of the day. She consistently went above and beyond to ensure that we were comfortable in front of the camera, which is a feat in and of itself. We received our photos quickly and they were beyond anything we could have imagined. We LOVE them and have gotten too many compliments to count about them. We were beyond lucky to have such a dedicated, professional, talented, and fun presence in our wedding. Aimee and her team were incredible, and we will continue to recommend them to family and friends for any and all photography needs!

Profile Picture User4407109, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Aimee was PHENOMENAL to work with. Incredibly organized, timely & energetic. She helped us anticipate lots of little wedding related details beforehand that we may not have thought of (without being pushy or stressing us out), and her & her team were a truly fun presence on our wedding day. Easiest vendor I worked without throughout the entire wedding process, and everybody LOVED the photos (which she posted online within a week!). Her rates are much better than going through a traditional photography studio, and you get a much more personalized experience.

Profile Picture User3638174, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Aimee and Kian were great - very professional and prepared, and the photos turned out beautifully!

Profile Picture User3676037, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Aimee was our photographer for our wedding and engagement photo shoot. She made my husband and I feel so comfortable in front of the camera (something we're not very good at) and it showed! She even tailored a package for us based on what we needed and wanted (something not many other photographers would do). Aimee was a true professional throughout the whole process (weddings can be stressful!) and made sure to clearly communicate all the details which made the actual wedding day so much easier for all of us. And we love the final photos!

Profile Picture Carolina, 6/29/13, 2 Reviews