Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Afterhours Wedding Entertainment

Fun, Professional DJ's and lighting for your wedding

Afterhours Wedding Entertainment

Personal Service

We provide custom entertainment for your wedding based on personal service, experience and professionalism at an exceptional value.

Our personal service begins the moment we get your first contact phone call or e-mail.  After a quick check of our calendar, we will respond within 24 hours to give you some preliminary information about our services and we will request an informal meeting to get to know you and your future spouse.  WE WANT TO GET TO KNOW YOU so we can plan a wonderful wedding that really reflects who you are as a couple, your likes and dislikes, your wants and needs and your wedding vision.  We also want you to get to know us as well. We don't believe in high-pressure sales.  After our meeting we will grant you access to our convenient online wedding planner, where we will upload all the information we discussed during our initial meeting, and we give you an opportunity to access, review and modify your wedding plans and information from the convenience of your home, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  Of course, we will continue to be available for face-to-face interviews and follow up meetings to discuss any concerns, changes or questions you might have.

Experience and Professionalism

When you choose our service, you are hiring much more than a guy who stands behind the booth pressing a few buttons to play music.  Our service includes a two man team, a DJ and an MC who have worked together and can carefully guide you and your guests through every stage of your wedding reception, creating a well-synchronized, professional production. There will be no uncomfortable silent pauses. Our two performer approach ensures continuity throughout the evening as we take you and your guests through a truly memorable experience on your wedding day. As our Master of Ceremonies addresses you and your guests, our DJ/Sound Engineer provides music at the appropriate levels to avoid that dreaded feedback and to make sure everyone can hear.

Over the years we have performed over 2000 beautiful and unique wedding and we can honestly say no two weddings are alike. Trends change, the music changes, and of course, no two couples are ever the same. That's the beauty of wedding entertainment.

Our professional service includes on-site meetings, unlimited access to our internet planner, and professional equipment, operated professionally, by professional performers.  We can honestly say, compared to most of the other DJ's in our area, we have one of the best sound systems.  With two professional audio engineers, we can tune our equipment for any room/location. We can also provide professional mixing and sound for your wedding ceremony, in case you choose to hire a professional musician (or family friend) to perform at your ceremony.

Throughout your wedding reception you can be confident that, as long as we're in charge, we will make sure everything flows smoothly. Your Wedding is a once in a lifetime experience. The entertainment you choose will either make or break your day. Not all Disc Jockeys are the same. Some are great club DJs. Some are great for private parties. And then there's Professional Wedding Disc Jockeys. Hiring the right Disc Jockeys for your wedding will make a huge difference on the overall outcome of your wedding.

Value

Here's an interesting fact. A recent poll by St. Louis Bride Magazine found out that, given a chance to do it all over again, a large majority of brides (over 70%) would have spent more on their entertainment and spent more time researching their DJ. Every time I hear a "bad wedding DJ" story, I always ask two questions:  How many DJ's did you interview before you made your final selection?  Not surprisingly, the majority of brides who have "bad DJ" stories didn't take the time to interview at least 3-5 DJ's before they made their selection.  And, not surprisingly, the primary decision made was not the service, but price.  This is where it's often said that "you get what you pay for."

Our pricing structure is based on National standards and in line with the American DJ Association's average for Professional Wedding Entertainers.  We believe in quoting our services after we know exactly what you want.  Because no two weddings are the same, we don't believe in "blind" quotes.  We want to know exactly what you want, and we will give you a quote for the exact services you choose.  So we invite you to give us a call.  Let's sit down and talk about your wedding and let's make your wedding a truly memorable occasion for you and your guests.

Categories: Wedding DJ

Regions serviced: Santa Barbara

Follow Afterhours Wedding Entertainment on

22 Reviews for Afterhours Wedding Entertainment

Carlos was THE BEST DJ! From the first day that we started planning our song list, months ago, he constantly followed up to make sure that everything went the way we wanted it. We had very specific songs to be played for our Disney wedding reception, and everyone LOVED IT! From playing a different disney song per table for meal seating, to our very disneyland grand entrance. He wonderfully set aside and afternoon, about a month before the wedding, to meet at the venue so he could learn the set-up, review our chosen song lists, as well as help up come up with elaborate plans and staging for our bouquet toss and garter throw. They ended up being highlights of the evening! I would highly recommend him for any party/wedding/reception. He kept to our playlist the entire night, and helped make our night so very magical. He'll play special tracks as well! He played the track I recorded for my husband as a surprise for our first dance. It sounded BEAUTIFUL over his sound system. Thank you, Carlos!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Korinne, 8/27/16, 1 Review
0.5

DO NOT HIRE THIS DJ!!!!!!! We met with Carlos a few times to go over everything with him and we emailed him back and forth requesting specific music to be played. He reassured us over and over again that we have nothing to worry about that he has everything that he needs. He completely disregarding all of our requests and did his own thing. HE DID NOTHING WE HIRED HIM TO DO!!! And refuses to refund us. Such an awful experience.
- Carlos came completely unprepared. He arrived late and when the wedding was supposed to start he was nowhere to be found. The wedding was supposed to start at 4:30 and he wasn’t ready until 4:50. When he showed up he didn’t change into proper attire. We requested a song that we wanted for when I walk down the aisle. It was the very first song that I requested for him to play. He reassured me several times that it’s not a problem and that he went on Amazon and bought it. As I am ready to walk down the aisle, the song that comes on is that traditional “Here Comes the Bride”.(we told him we did not want that) We requested Jon Langston “ My Forever Girl” ( huge disappointment) When the song for the bridal party started’ some random rap song came on. We had specific instructions for what we wanted and he clearly disregarded it and did his own thing. My mom and my Grammy were walked down the aisle in silence. (no music)
The first dance that my husband and I were dancing to was completely skipping and the sounded like his speakers were blown. The mother son dance was skipping and ended up starting over. Which we later found out that he downloaded the wrong “somewhere over the rainbow song”. The one he downloaded was just a few seconds so he had to start it over several times in order for it to keep playing. He did not even play 5% of the songs that were discussed and requested. He played several songs that were on our DO NOT PLAY list.
So many issues, It wont let me type them all.

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/20/16, 1 Review
0.5

Here is some advice for any couple looking for a DJ. Look somewhere else. Everything was fine up until the day of the service. There was multiple system failure, he did not play the songs we requested and almost ruined the most important part of the day.

Lastly it makes you give at least a half star, would not let me give 0 out of 5.

So my wife and I did not do a first look because I wanted to see her come down the aisle to our favorite song. The moment would have been perfect. But that did not happen. He played a completely different song, he played, "Here Comes The Bride". A song that we both do not like at all. We specifically told him not to play that. Well guess what, that's right he did.

Our first dance was ruined as well. Speakers kept blowing out because it was either too loud or the wireless did not work. He said that he tested it before the event and it was fine, but during the service he didn't get a signal. Well guess what the excuse was. That everybody on their phones dropped the reception. Well DUH!!! If you have been doing this for 20 YEARS, then you should know that. If that is the case then hardwire everything. ]

There is not enough space on this review to go over everything, but go somewhere else. Save your money and use it for anything else. If you decide to use him just be prepared for the excuses. Oh and when you try and talk with him he won't answer his phone. I just wanted to have a discussion and he refused my phone calls, but he will email me. I guess he didn't want to face reality. USE SOMEBODY ELSE!!!

Profile Picture Joseph , 8/20/16, 1 Review

220x220 sq 1347436479881 mattandjenndancingagain
220x220 sq 1347436499499 mattexpressionpriceless
220x220 sq 1421704683333 201501171914561

6 ENDORSEMENTS

Our company has worked with Carlos at Afterhours Entertainment and we can honestly say he is one of the hardest working DJ/MCs out there. He is very well versed, knowledgeable about all aspects of lighting and sound. He just makes things go smooth. And that's exactly what's needed on a very hectic day when if anything can go wrong, the pros like Carlos is there to make look easy. Gabriel Sarkisian, Contempporary Video Productions

We have worked with Carlos many times in the past and find him to be a professional and skilled entertainer and we look forward to working with him again in the future.

I just had the pleasure to work with Carlos from after hours entertainment for a wedding, needless to say, everything went well and the guests were dancing the night away! Carlos has a great announcing voice and great attention to detail... I was able to focus on my job as a wedding coordinator as he had everything under control! Thanks Carlos and Logan for making Amy and Todd's wedding super fun and amazing! I would reccomend Carlos to anyone and I look forward to working with him again:-)

Carlos with Afterhours Entertainment is wonderful to work with - He is wonderful with the Bride & the Groom and takes care of them so graciously - All is Great when Carlos is here.

2535 Fallon Circle, Simi Valley, CA 93065   See On Map
805-285-2107 (phone)
Monday through Friday: 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM Saturday: By Appointment Sunday: By Appointment