Philadelphia, PA 19144 Map · Phone number

About AbbyMusique

Hire an experienced music professional for your special event. My name is Abigail Nixon, and I am a full-time musician with a degree in music performance. I am a recent transplant from Florida where I was a member of several Florida and Georgia professional orchestras. I am now an active member of the Philadelphia full-time musical community. I have been providing live violin and musical event services for over 14 years and have been performing regularly with a wide variety of musical groups from many genres (jazz, folk, rock, etc). I specialize in weddings and reception events, with a large repertoire ranging from light classical to jazz and contemporary instrumental music. I offer a free consultation for all my clients to discuss the options available for your particular event, giving you an opportunity to listen to a sampling of my repertoire. I also offer a variety of high quality ensembles, from string trios and quartets, to violin/guitar and violin/piano duos. I make every effort to tailor my services to your preferences and taste, and I endeavor to give you a memorable and unique performance.

You may also find more information at my new website: www.abbynixonstrings.com

• Bella Musica String Ensembles

19 Reviews for AbbyMusique

1 User photo

Madeleine · Married on 07/05/2019

Magical Ceremony Music!

The violinist we originally hired had a last minute conflict and we were stuck without ceremony music. Abby saved the day and stepped in! She was kind, professional, and a sheer joy to work with. Hire her and you won't regret it!

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • #TiffaniLovesJohn

Tiffani · Married on 11/10/2018

Versatile Beautifuly Playing Violinst

I feel like I hit the jackpot when I came across Abby! I knew that i wanted a violinist but really wasn't sure what I wanted past that point. Abby worked with me and suggested a few songs which were perfect. Abby played everything from classical, modern (Game of Thrones) and finally Irish Folk music. She was on board immediately with all my crazy ideas and helped arrange the music with my pianist which I already had through the church. Abby played beautifully with her without meeting her prior to the wedding. She worked directly with the pianist to be sure that they had the same pieces of music to play which helped lighten my load of tasks that I needed to get through. She was absolutely wonderful to work with and I could not be more pleased.

Sent on 04/08/2019

Ashley · Married on 12/01/2017

What a wonderful experience we had working with Abby! I reached out to her early on in the wedding planning process and she was always extremely helpful and responsive. She listened to my vision and had so many great suggestions along the way. We decided to have her play during both our Catholic Wedding Mass (with a cellist that she provided) and our reception cocktail hour (with a pianist that she also provided). Walking down the aisle to the sound of strings playing Pachelbel's Canon was one of the most beautiful and surreal experiences of my life. We received so many compliments from our guests telling us how beautiful her music was. Abby is a true professional and incredibly talented! We could not be happier with our decision to have her part of our special day-- she truly gave us a magical day that we will never forget! I could not recommend her more for your special occasion.

Sent on 02/08/2018

AbbyMusique FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music?
    $ 350.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 650
    Ceremony Music
    Cocktail Hour Music
    Learn New Songs
    Microphones
    Sample Music
    Travel Expenses
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide?
    Instrumental - Solo
    Instrumental - Duo
    Instrumental - Trio
    String - Trio
    String - Quartet
    String - Quintet
    Soloist / Vocalist
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)?
    1 - 3
    4 - 6
  • What instruments does your group play?
    Cello
    Trumpet
    Viola
    Violin
    Winds
  • What services do you provide?
    Ceremony Music
    Cocktail Hour Music
    Learn New Songs
    Reception Music
    Rehearsal Dinner Music
    Sample Performances
    Vocals

• Marquis Entertainment, LLC Wedding DJs

I recently partnered with AbbyMusique, performing together at weddings and events throughout the Tri-State area. Her skill and professionalism were unmatched! She performed for Cocktail Hour at an Open House at Phoenixville Country Club, exceeding everyone's expectations! The guests and staff were raving about her music, and the fun, positive vibes she brought along with her. I am happy to recommend and endorse Abby, and look forward to many events together in the future!

• Deremer Studios Wedding Photographers

I have had the pleasure of working with Abby on several occasions. She is a truly gifted musician and a kind and considerate professional. I would whole-heartedly recommend Abby for any wedding or event needs you may have.

• Elegant Weddings by Lisa Wedding Planners