Hors d'oeuvres reception set-up. Need inspiration!
We’ve decided on an hors d'oeuvres reception for its uniqueness, cost efficiency and set up. I love the idea of my guest mixing and mingling during the reception instead of assigned seating at tables they may not be most comfortable with. I’m totally stomped on set-up. We literally have an open space to work with a beautiful back drop of Lake Michigan. The space seats up to 300 guest, and we’ll have a maximum of 150. It’s unique in being that it’s sheltered, but it’s still exposed to the outdoors..

Photo by Steve A Johnson on Flickr

Married: 09/08/2013
Edited On: Aug 25, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Posted On: Aug 25, 2012 at 1:34 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate0 likes

6 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 04/20/2013
Reviews: 5
Aug 25, 2012 at 1:43 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
very pretty..are you having a stationary spot for the apps or are servers carrying them?.

Happy Bride
Married: 1+ year ago
Reviews: 7
Aug 25, 2012 at 2:09 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Beautiful! Where is this?

Aug 25, 2012 at 2:17 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We're having a Wine Cocktail Hour with Passed cheese/crackers and grapes. Thereafter, we're having a stationary spot with platters of sandwiches, chicken, shrimp, and whatever else we can come up with.

We're only going to have reserved seating for handicap, elderly, expecting mothers, and the bridal party.

This venue is actually in Indiana! A public property called The Miller Beach Aquatorium :-)

Married: 10/18/2013
Reviews: 3
Aug 25, 2012 at 2:23 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Your venue is beautiful! We are doing the same and having the food statioands paced out under the balcony overhang and dancing will be in the middle. Tables and chairs will be around the plaza. We are doing the heavy Hors d'oeurves for the reasons you mentioned. My best friend did her reception like that and it's hands down the most fun reception I've been to.

Aug 25, 2012 at 2:35 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thank you! That's great to know, Katie! Fun is definitely what we're going for. What different styles of seating did your friend have? what types are you going to have?

MyLove&HisMrs.
Married: Recently Married
Aug 25, 2012 at 2:35 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Your venue is stunning! I would do tall tables so people can put their items down. It is very difficult to hold a plate, eat and drink at the same time.

Also, I would consider something like the below so people can sit down and mingle and look at that beautiful view!

Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct