The Victorian House

The Victorian House

Favorite
Kaufman, TX
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

We had our wedding this past Saturday at the Victorian House, and it was everything that we could have hoped for! My wedding coordinator, Krystale, was instrumental throughout the whole planning process as well as the big day!! She was always there to answer any questions I had, and made sure that our wedding was exactly what we wanted! I am so happy that I chose The Victorian House, and will recommend it to future brides! I can't thank Krystale, and the venue hosts enough!! :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I enjoyed having our wedding at the Victorian House. The price was right, the venue was gorgeous, and I thank the Good Lord that Krystale was our coordinator all the way through the process. They worked with our budget to give us a gorgeous wedding that didn't break the bank. Our friends and family are still talking about how beautiful everything was. My favorite part, (as the bride,) was that I was able to enjoy myself and had Krystale there to keep us on track, so nothing was overlooked. From the cake, to the dancing, to the BBQ, to the decorations and the beautiful fireworks at the end, I was in love and impressed by our day! I would recommend this venue to anyone looking to have a beautifully executed big day!
Heather & Travis Singleton
Friday, May 1, 2015

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

I was very pleased with our experience with the Victorian House. We used them for almost all aspects of our wedding (cakes, reception food, DJ, photographer, limo). My husband and I were very pleased at their flexibility and availability for questions and changes. We had a wonderful experience!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Photography, Transportation, Wedding Cake

My daughter's wedding was beautiful and I couldn't have asked for a better venue. The venue went out of its way to make everything perfect. I would recommend it to those who would want to have everything in one location. It was perfect to have the cottages for the bridesmaids and groomsmen. The Chapel was lovely and inviting. The reception area was wonderful and the food was good. Thank you Victorian House!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Party Supplies, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We just celebrated my parents 40th wedding anniversary Sunday, and everything went
very well! The venue and the decor was just beautiful! It had an enchanting dreamy feeling
to it. The owner April and the coordinator Krystal were just excellent thru out the planning process.
Love this place soooo much! Even the photographer and the guitarist said that it was a hidden
treasure. And I agree. Even the two ladies that were there to cook the food and pass out the
wine were so fantastic, very helpful. Thank you Victorian House for once again making our occasion very special!! Anita Johnson

1 person found this review helpful

We chose the Victorian House because we wanted a venue that could offer location for the ceremony, reception, and include food, service, etc. all in one package. I met with Krystale a handful of times, and she answered every question and kept us on schedule for all of the details needed. I highly recommend for the bride who wants everything handled for her! I'm a DIY bride, and they let me go crazy making my centerpieces by hand and everything as well! Sheila was our day of coordinator, and she was very professional and easy to work with. Our wedding went pretty smooth - the only issue was we had to move our ceremony indoors about 3 days before the ceremony because the weather changed from 80 degrees down to 35 and rainy...but the chapel was beautifully decorated and ready to rock and roll in time for the wedding. LOVE this venue. Our relatives were highly impressed and utterly in shock at the end of the night when the fireworks went off as we drove away. :-)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
1 person found this review helpful

When my fiance and I started venue hunting, this was the last venue we saw. We looked at 5 others before coming to Victorian House. As soon as we pulled in, we both fell in love, and it just kept getting better and better throughout the tour. This was the one place we both agreed on so decided to have our wedding here. I wouldn't have had it any other way. We had it at the Annata Vineyards, which is there new venue on their land, and we were the first wedding there so I guess you could call us the Guinea Pigs. Well it was PERFECT! It was a little stressful since it was a new venue and details were changing throughout the process but it turned out to be everything I wanted and more on the day of. Krystale is who we met with at the very beginning and ended up being out coordinator. She is absolutely amazing!!!!! Overall the experience was great. They do anything they can to help you and to make you happy.

1 person found this review helpful

It's been a couple of months as we're settling into our new lives together, but I must take this time to write and say that when we think back to our wedding day we couldn't be more pleased. The Victorian House was so very special. April bent over backwards from the moment we met her to make sure we were happy. It's such a joy and pleasure to work with her and Sheila. We had some special requests (needed a usually permanent Christmas tree moved, for example) and they said, "No problem!" Additionally, we were completely set up for the outdoor gazebo wedding when a thunderstorm struck an hour before the ceremony. They performed a miracle to create what we needed to have the ceremony in the chapel be more than perfect. All of our friends and family loved, loved, loved our wedding - the food, the location...everything. Thank you!

4.7

It was absolutely beautiful!!Guest really enjoyed the beauty of The Victorian House grounds (the phone has not stop ringing asking where we found you guys). Stephanie said she felt like a movie star on the red carpet!! The releasing of butterfly in memory of lost one on the gazebo was ooh so special! Thank you Tatum so much for making my baby girl day sweet and special.
Sincerely Stephanie Mom

Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
1+ year ago
4.1

Lovely venue. Friendly staff. My main suggestion would be to ask lots of questions and provide your own floating candles and not use the ones provided. We chose floating candles in cylinder vases for center pieces, but the "floating candles" provided turned out to be tea lights set in the water. At the beginning of the reception, only half were burning because the water had drenched them. By the end of the reception, there were NO candles left burning...tea lights just do not last that long. Also, be aware that if you choose to use the florist recommended by Victorian House, she does not do the set up herself. Our meetings were with the florist herself, and there was much discussion about what could be done should the ceremony be moved inside because of weather. The arrangement was quite expensive but we were assured it could be used both on the gazebo or in the chapel should need be. Unfortunately, the girls setting up didn't seem to be exactly sure what to do when the ceremony was moved inside to the chapel. In addition, they were rushed as the consultant failed to let them know the ceremony had been moved inside until after they had begun setting up outside even though it had been moved inside at the consultant's suggestion much earlier in the day. There were a few other glitches such as mother and grandmother corsages not given to the moms and grandmothers, however, overall, the ceremony was lovely. Just be sure you check things yourself and don't assume the coordinator will take care of it.

The Victorian House responded with the following comments:

So glad you loved our venue! It was unfortunate to have the weather play us bad that day, but luckily, that is why you chose us, to have a rain backup. It does present some logistics problems getting things moved to the new location, but i believe all worked out in the end. We purposely use tealights in all floating candle centerpieces, they burn for 4 hours and they float better than the big heavy ones which are too large for the type of centerpieces you chose! sorry about that! There was quite a bit of change happening due to the weather, but luckily we were able to pull it all together and make it a great day. I sincerely apologize if there were some things not explained well enough on our end.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Victorian House Venue is beautiful. We had our wedding two weeks ago and it was absolutely amazing. We originally worked with Krystale when we toured the venue and it was just what we wanted for our Alice in Wonderland wedding. I think I said the phrase “This is Perfect” about a hundred times. She worked up our cost list and there were no surprises. The price of the package we got was phenomenal. Rochelle was going to be our wedding coordinator for our Sunday wedding but due to an emergency was unable to and Krystale stepped right in. She handled everything and there was not a thing I had to worry about. Our High Tea reception looked fantastic with the décor of the room. The minister and florist they recommended were equally phenomenal. We could not have been happier. Thank you so much Victorian House for making our special day just that much more!
Breanne & Barrett Podpechan

1 person found this review helpful

Great place to get married! Very flexible and easy going. It was great having a "one stop shop" option with this place and the owner is great to work with!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great place. They help with the whole planning process - that was awesome. We literally just showed up and got dressed, I didn't have to worry about anything else. There was a lot of stuff included for the price, compared to other venues we looked at. Loved it!!

1 person found this review helpful

We had our wedding here a couple of weeks ago. The Victorian House staff were all super nice and helpful. April (the owner) went out of her way to make sure I was happy with the whole planning process. Shelia (wedding coordinator) was helpful with making everything run smoothly on my wedding day. She was there to greet me the second I arrived and even helped me put my wedding dress away after the reception was over. Great prices, beautiful venue and awesome staff!!

2.5

The Victorian House was a wonderful venue. It was a beautiful wedding and the staff (April, Krystale, and Rochelle) worked very hard to make the day special. I would recommend the venue only. The reason I gave two and a half stars for everything is because the venue recommended Shelli Nicole Photography on their website and gave a personal recommendation to us as well. We hired the photographer and once the photographer received the money for services, we discovered that she had misrepresented the services she would perform for the price given. We asked for a refund and she agreed, however, she was dishonest and never sent the refund. We asked the Victorian House to step in and get the money for us since they work closely with her and recommended her, but we never got a response or refund. If a photographer is endorsed by a venue, I believe that the venue should stand behind the endorsement and the customer.

The Victorian House responded with the following comments:

So glad the wedding went well and everyone was happy! Our ultimate goal is for the bride and groom to have the day of their dreams, and we are so delighted that is the case. We are so very sorry about the photographer situation - our hands were tied, as you had a contract with her which she was still willing to fulfill, but you found another photographer and wanted to use them instead. We wish there was something more we could have done, and again, so very sorry for any frustration or negativity this caused around such a special time. Thank you for taking the time to leave the recommendation and sweet comments about us!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Videography, Wedding Cake

My daughter and her fiiance had a beautiful Sunday afternoon wedding at the Victorian House in Kaufman. It was everything she ever wanted and April Bishop and her staff made it a point to provide what she wanted and were very sympathetic to her needs. I am so glad we chose them to handle the wedding and reception. The food was fantastic and beautifully presented. I would recommend them to any young bride looking for a beautiful and romantic setting for their wedding. Thank you April and staff for making Genie's wedding one that she will remember for the rest of her life.