Spybaby Bridal

Spybaby Bridal

426 N. Franklin St.
Syracuse, NY 13204 | map
Services: Bride, Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Mother of the Brid...
Accessories: Hair Accessories, Shoes, Undergarments, Veils

• Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 2.5
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Do not even bother looking here for your wedding dress. I had an appointment yesterday and they were terrible. We walked out 1/2 hour into our appointment. When we got there Erica showed us to a rack of dress very nice dresses. And told us (me, my mother, and my friend) to pull dresses we liked. I am a plus size bride. When I made the appointment I was assured they had gowns up to a 26. None of the dress where sorted by size. But they had just put some plus size on a certain rack. And she did point those out. She said she was going to pull some other dresses for me and would be right back. We found 4 dresses that would fit me. Over 1minutes later another sales person comes and asks us if we have been helped yet. We tell her Erica was suppose to be pulling dresses. After a few minutes she came back and said Erica was checking someone out. But she would carry the four dresses we liked to a fitting room. Which she did. My mother had to help me in and out of the only two dresses I pulled that fit. One of those was two sizes to big. It needed to be clipped. At this point Erica had come back. Said she would get clips but didn't offer to clip the dress for me. I also tried on another dress a David Tutera. Which I had tried on before at another store. I loved the dress. But the staff was so non helpful we told her we thought we found the gown at another store. And we left less than thirty minutes into the appointment. The dresses here are beautiful. Especially if you want a certain top designer. But the staff help was terrible. It seemed they were more into helping the teens looking at prom dresses. And I feel when I have a budget of 4000.00 dollars I should at least get good customer service. They did have a head piece I loved up front in the case. But I didn't even bother the staff with asking to look at it. Because I was so stressed out I just wanted to leave. Erica never did pull any dresses for me to try on either.

Spybaby Bridal responded with the following comments:

As the owner of the business I am very active in monitoring the experience of customers. I apologize that you were not satisfied with the attention Erica was providing. She is a well respected and experienced member of our team as you can see in other reviews. I wish you would have said that you were dissatisfied with how the appointment was going and I would have made the adjustments necessary to meet your expectations. Some groups like more privacy and others want the consultant with them in the dressing room. Our staff tries to respect the privacy of the bride while being helpful and knowledgeable at the same time. Again, I apologize to you and I will follow up with you today to discuss the appointment.

• Wedding: [Private]
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marie is the best in town. She took the time to find the perfect dress that flattered and made me feel like a princess. She knows exactly what is needed to make the dress look perfect and was very accommodating since I lived outside of Syracuse. Don't go anywhere else. They don't have the knowledge or eye for perfection that Marie does!

Spybaby Bridal responded with the following comments:

Thank you beyond belief. My entire staff works so hard to make every brides dreams come true.

• Flexibility: 5.0

I bought my wedding dress at Spybaby and my experience was wonderful. Erica is amazing to work with. She is so professional and made me feel so special every time I came in. She has a great eye for what looks good. When she pulled my dress for me the first time I was nervous because I didn't think it was my style but I tried it on and fell in love with it. So definitely listen to her advice because she is wonderful!!!!

Spybaby Bridal responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much! I am so lucky to have a real team that genuinely works to be the best.

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am the mother of the bride and I just wanted to say that the services/selection/professionally skilled/knowledgeable staff was unsurpassed! I especially want to thank staff member Erica for her care, concern, attention to detail, and welcoming attitude; THANK-YOU Erica! (ps, why can't I rate everything a 5?, 4.5 isn't good enough! )

Spybaby Bridal responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much. Satisfying her clients is really her pleasure. Erica enjoys going through the journey with her clients.

2.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

I purchased my dress from Spybaby in November prior to my wedding - my experience buying the dress left much to be desired! The space was insufficient to the amount of people and dresses that were in the store. I felt like I was being rushed into a decision - the staff is definitely versed in a "hard sell" (Oh you look wonderful... you want to buy it now?)
After purchasing the dress, I had numerous appointments to have it altered. This was not on my account - this was due to the lack of attention to detail by the resident seamstress. I live over 600 miles away from the store, so "popping in" for an appointment was not easy. I expected my dress to be altered and ready when she said it would be! I returned twice just for the hem of my dress to be fixed. I also asked for the dress to be let out slightly for my comfort, to which my mother and I were told "It will be fine." As it was, my mother had to SEW me into the dress and add additional hooks and supports to ensure my dress fit me properly on my wedding day. The dress itself was beautiful, and I do not regret buying the dress from them. What I do regret is allowing them to do the alterations!!! Buy the dress from them, but take it elsewhere to be altered and you will save yourself money and aggravation!!!

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I tried my dress on at several stores but bought it at Spybaby because of the excellent service. I am a plus size and at many stores the associates made me feel like I would never find anything that was pretty. At Spybaby, this was not the case. I felt special from start to finish. We were also able to save a little money because Spybaby offered a no tax promotion when I bought my dress.

Spybaby Bridal responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much. We try to accommodate every size and budget between our two locations. Your wedding day is a special day and the experience leading up to that day is just as special.

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
Bri
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have been working with Erica for many years as a bridesmaid in countless weddings in the Syracuse, NY area (over 6 different weddings!)and am now blessed to have the experience working with her on my very own wedding. The service, perspective, professionalism and attention to detail that Erica offers is unlike any other. The entire staff (Marie, Maria Cara ex...) have all assisted me with every detail imaginable to levels my own mother does not have the patience for. I truly can say that I cannot imagine going through this experience without Spybaby. You are treated to feel very special when you go into the shop and the staff goes to great lengths to accommodate even the most indecisive brides (myself included). Friends of mine who have worked one on one with SpyBaby have all been very pleased. I have witnessed budget and non-budget brides receive equal levels of service. Spybaby makes you feel beautiful, special and excited about your big day ahead even at their busiest of times.

Spybaby Bridal responded with the following comments:

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. My staff has worked so hard this year and accomplished many goals with our move in January. We appreciate you!

4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

The staff was very helpful & attentive. The seamstress did amazing work in very good time. I am so glad I went there.

Spybaby Bridal responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much. I am happy to hear you mentioning my seamstress. She is truly talented with 30 years of experience. She truly aims to please.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Such nice peoole. My mother and I had a wonderful dress buying experience. I got rave reviews on my dress and I couldn't have been happier with it.

Spybaby Bridal responded with the following comments:

Thank you. The gratification of our profession is the rave reviews you get when you are wearing a spectacular gown that was hand picked for you. Congratulations!

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

LOVED working with Spybaby Bridal for my wedding day! They have an amazing selection of gowns and I was able to try on all types of dresses, from sheaths to ballgowns to mermaid styles. Their staff is also incredibly talented. These girls know their gowns and what looks good on different body types. I actually ended up buying a dress one of the stylists picked out for me to try on. Getting alterations done there was a breeze as well. They made my dress fit like a glove. I definitely recommend Spybaby Bridal for wedding gowns!

Spybaby Bridal responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much. We are always trying to educate ourselves to become better stylists and keeping abreast of current fashion trends in the bridal industry.

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Gorgeous store, quality gowns, reasonable prices!

Spybaby Bridal responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much! It took blood, sweat, and tears to finally enjoy our new home! We appreciate you!

• Flexibility: 5.0

This is a cute store in the quaint streets of Syracuse. The ladies were very helpful, gave their honest opinions, and I would recommend them to future brides and their bridesmaids

Spybaby Bridal responded with the following comments:

Although this response is long overdue, thank you so much! We are now settled in our new home since your wedding. Come see us if you haven't yet at 426 N. Franklin St.

• Wedding: 11/09/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

So quick and easy and much more affordable than I thought. Ericka is great!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had a great experience at Spy Baby Bridal with Erika. She made it feel like I was shopping with a friend not a salesperson, they were very attentive and provided great ideas and feedback to customize the dress, and they truly made me feel like they cared about my wedding. On top of that, they were far cheaper for the exact same dress than any other salon I visited. I highly recommend them!

Spybaby Bridal responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much!!!! My staff is so passionate about their job that it isn't a job to them!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
4.4/5.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 3.5

I bought my dress at SpyBaby's discount store Off the Rack for a fraction of what it originally as listed for sold for. The only problem with that is that I am 4'11" in a dress made for someone a whole foot taller than me. Maria the seamstress was a God send, but definitely over worked. She had to take all the decals off my dress in order to shorten it, it was absolutely gorgeous on the wedding day. I found a veil that matched my dress perfectly and found it online for $100 less and they didn't care they steamed it out for me. I would recommend them again.

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
Bethany
4.7/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

For someone who probably has to deal with bridezillas every day, Ericka is extremely friendly and personable. She always seemed genuinely excited for me when I came into the store. She will give her honest opinion on which dress looks best. Having said that, the store, understandably, does seem to steer brides toward the pricier gowns (I'm sure all the places do that). They get you to fall in love with something before realizing how much it will cost. I, having never been married before, was unaware of the whole process. I didn't know what the timing of fittings, etc. should be. I also didn't realize how much alterations would cost. That's all due to my own inexperience, but it would be nice if these things had been explained to me in the beginning. That did not sour my experience though. The selection here is unmatched, and the staff is wonderful. It's nice to be able to shop at a locally owned boutique. You will pay more for a gown here than at, say, David's Bridal. But the service is better, the selection is better, and you will find a gown unlike any other. They also have a great selection of mother of the bride, and bridesmaid dresses, although I did not purchase any there. The seamstress, I believe Maria is her name, was very patient and experienced. She took the time to show my mom how to do my bustle, and was always willing to fix anything I needed.

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
315-471-1710
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire