Spybaby Bridal

Spybaby Bridal

426 N. Franklin St.
Syracuse, NY 13204 | map
Services: Bride, Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Mother of the Brid...
Accessories: Hair Accessories, Shoes, Undergarments, Veils

• Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 2.5
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Do not even bother looking here for your wedding dress. I had an appointment yesterday and they were terrible. We walked out 1/2 hour into our appointment. When we got there Erica showed us to a rack of dress very nice dresses. And told us (me, my mother, and my friend) to pull dresses we liked. I am a plus size bride. When I made the appointment I was assured they had gowns up to a 26. None of the dress where sorted by size. But they had just put some plus size on a certain rack. And she did point those out. She said she was going to pull some other dresses for me and would be right back. We found 4 dresses that would fit me. Over 1minutes later another sales person comes and asks us if we have been helped yet. We tell her Erica was suppose to be pulling dresses. After a few minutes she came back and said Erica was checking someone out. But she would carry the four dresses we liked to a fitting room. Which she did. My mother had to help me in and out of the only two dresses I pulled that fit. One of those was two sizes to big. It needed to be clipped. At this point Erica had come back. Said she would get clips but didn't offer to clip the dress for me. I also tried on another dress a David Tutera. Which I had tried on before at another store. I loved the dress. But the staff was so non helpful we told her we thought we found the gown at another store. And we left less than thirty minutes into the appointment. The dresses here are beautiful. Especially if you want a certain top designer. But the staff help was terrible. It seemed they were more into helping the teens looking at prom dresses. And I feel when I have a budget of 4000.00 dollars I should at least get good customer service. They did have a head piece I loved up front in the case. But I didn't even bother the staff with asking to look at it. Because I was so stressed out I just wanted to leave. Erica never did pull any dresses for me to try on either.

Spybaby Bridal responded with the following comments:

As the owner of the business I am very active in monitoring the experience of customers. I apologize that you were not satisfied with the attention Erica was providing. She is a well respected and experienced member of our team as you can see in other reviews. I wish you would have said that you were dissatisfied with how the appointment was going and I would have made the adjustments necessary to meet your expectations. Some groups like more privacy and others want the consultant with them in the dressing room. Our staff tries to respect the privacy of the bride while being helpful and knowledgeable at the same time. Again, I apologize to you and I will follow up with you today to discuss the appointment.

• Wedding: [Private]
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Very accommodating with the dress I chose as I had wanted some modifications. Maria, the seamstress, was great in working with me on those changes. Difficulty returning phone calls when I wasn't sure when my dress would arrive which was frustrating. Otherwise easy to work with and loved the end result!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Marie is the best in town. She took the time to find the perfect dress that flattered and made me feel like a princess. She knows exactly what is needed to make the dress look perfect and was very accommodating since I lived outside of Syracuse. Don't go anywhere else. They don't have the knowledge or eye for perfection that Marie does!

Spybaby Bridal responded with the following comments:

Thank you beyond belief. My entire staff works so hard to make every brides dreams come true.

• Flexibility: 5.0

I bought my wedding dress at Spybaby and my experience was wonderful. Erica is amazing to work with. She is so professional and made me feel so special every time I came in. She has a great eye for what looks good. When she pulled my dress for me the first time I was nervous because I didn't think it was my style but I tried it on and fell in love with it. So definitely listen to her advice because she is wonderful!!!!

Spybaby Bridal responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much! I am so lucky to have a real team that genuinely works to be the best.

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am the mother of the bride and I just wanted to say that the services/selection/professionally skilled/knowledgeable staff was unsurpassed! I especially want to thank staff member Erica for her care, concern, attention to detail, and welcoming attitude; THANK-YOU Erica! (ps, why can't I rate everything a 5?, 4.5 isn't good enough! )

Spybaby Bridal responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much. Satisfying her clients is really her pleasure. Erica enjoys going through the journey with her clients.

2.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

I purchased my dress from Spybaby in November prior to my wedding - my experience buying the dress left much to be desired! The space was insufficient to the amount of people and dresses that were in the store. I felt like I was being rushed into a decision - the staff is definitely versed in a "hard sell" (Oh you look wonderful... you want to buy it now?)
After purchasing the dress, I had numerous appointments to have it altered. This was not on my account - this was due to the lack of attention to detail by the resident seamstress. I live over 600 miles away from the store, so "popping in" for an appointment was not easy. I expected my dress to be altered and ready when she said it would be! I returned twice just for the hem of my dress to be fixed. I also asked for the dress to be let out slightly for my comfort, to which my mother and I were told "It will be fine." As it was, my mother had to SEW me into the dress and add additional hooks and supports to ensure my dress fit me properly on my wedding day. The dress itself was beautiful, and I do not regret buying the dress from them. What I do regret is allowing them to do the alterations!!! Buy the dress from them, but take it elsewhere to be altered and you will save yourself money and aggravation!!!

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Spybaby Bridal gave me everything I wanted and more. At my first visit to the shop I found my wedding dress and ordered it that day. Kara was so patient, helpful and attentive to my needs. She knew what I wanted and helped me find the perfect dress. I also found my bridesmaid dresses and tuxedos there. Maria the seamstress is the best in town- she is such sweet lady and I am forever grateful for her help in creating my dream dress. Spybaby Bridal became a part of my family during the wedding planning process. I was so sad when it was all over.

• Wedding: 08/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I tried my dress on at several stores but bought it at Spybaby because of the excellent service. I am a plus size and at many stores the associates made me feel like I would never find anything that was pretty. At Spybaby, this was not the case. I felt special from start to finish. We were also able to save a little money because Spybaby offered a no tax promotion when I bought my dress.

Spybaby Bridal responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much. We try to accommodate every size and budget between our two locations. Your wedding day is a special day and the experience leading up to that day is just as special.

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
Bri
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I purchased my beautiful dress from Spybaby last December for my July wedding. Setting up an appointment was very easy and very flexible with times.

There were so many beautiful dresses to choose from. My consultant was lovely, she helped me choose multiple gowns and gave me advise about looking through them all.

I am very happy with the service and I have recommended them to all other brides I have come across.

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
Sarah
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have been working with Erica for many years as a bridesmaid in countless weddings in the Syracuse, NY area (over 6 different weddings!)and am now blessed to have the experience working with her on my very own wedding. The service, perspective, professionalism and attention to detail that Erica offers is unlike any other. The entire staff (Marie, Maria Cara ex...) have all assisted me with every detail imaginable to levels my own mother does not have the patience for. I truly can say that I cannot imagine going through this experience without Spybaby. You are treated to feel very special when you go into the shop and the staff goes to great lengths to accommodate even the most indecisive brides (myself included). Friends of mine who have worked one on one with SpyBaby have all been very pleased. I have witnessed budget and non-budget brides receive equal levels of service. Spybaby makes you feel beautiful, special and excited about your big day ahead even at their busiest of times.

Spybaby Bridal responded with the following comments:

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. My staff has worked so hard this year and accomplished many goals with our move in January. We appreciate you!

4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

The staff was very helpful & attentive. The seamstress did amazing work in very good time. I am so glad I went there.

Spybaby Bridal responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much. I am happy to hear you mentioning my seamstress. She is truly talented with 30 years of experience. She truly aims to please.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Such nice peoole. My mother and I had a wonderful dress buying experience. I got rave reviews on my dress and I couldn't have been happier with it.

Spybaby Bridal responded with the following comments:

Thank you. The gratification of our profession is the rave reviews you get when you are wearing a spectacular gown that was hand picked for you. Congratulations!

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

LOVED working with Spybaby Bridal for my wedding day! They have an amazing selection of gowns and I was able to try on all types of dresses, from sheaths to ballgowns to mermaid styles. Their staff is also incredibly talented. These girls know their gowns and what looks good on different body types. I actually ended up buying a dress one of the stylists picked out for me to try on. Getting alterations done there was a breeze as well. They made my dress fit like a glove. I definitely recommend Spybaby Bridal for wedding gowns!

Spybaby Bridal responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much. We are always trying to educate ourselves to become better stylists and keeping abreast of current fashion trends in the bridal industry.

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Gorgeous store, quality gowns, reasonable prices!

Spybaby Bridal responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much! It took blood, sweat, and tears to finally enjoy our new home! We appreciate you!

• Flexibility: 5.0

This is a cute store in the quaint streets of Syracuse. The ladies were very helpful, gave their honest opinions, and I would recommend them to future brides and their bridesmaids

Spybaby Bridal responded with the following comments:

Although this response is long overdue, thank you so much! We are now settled in our new home since your wedding. Come see us if you haven't yet at 426 N. Franklin St.

• Wedding: 11/09/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

So quick and easy and much more affordable than I thought. Ericka is great!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
315-471-1710
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire