Shepard Photography

Shepard Photography

Roseville, CA
916.792.8919
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

4.7
Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Chris Shepard was highly recommended by a friend as a wedding photographer for our daughter's recent wedding (10/19/13) at Granite Bay Golf Club. He takes beautiful engagement and wedding photographs. He captures special moments in an artistic and unobtrusive way while being thorough and efficient. He is both easy and enjoyable to work with and we would highly recommend him to future brides.

Janis
10/19/2013

Chris was the photographer of my friend's wedding and our own wedding. He did an amazing job! We highly recommend him. His photos are one of a kind and gorgeous!

Services Used: Photography

Chris was wonderful! We hired Chris in October of 2012 to photograph our September 2013 wedding at the Granite Bay Golf Club. I had researched many photographers and he was extremely highly rated and won Best Wedding Photographer on the KCRA A-List for 2012. We both loved his website and after meeting with him, we booked him on the spot! Chris is very professional but also very personable and easy to work with. He shot our engagement photos first and had them ready within a couple of days. They were beautiful! Chris has a very cinematic style and takes time setting up each shot. But he's also very flexible and will work with you to get exactly what you want. On our wedding day, Chris was very professional as well as flexible with our schedule. He worked with the other staff (videographer, coordinator, make-up, etc.) to get the most amazing photographs possible without being intrusive. Everyone commented on how professional he was. Our wedding photos were absolutely beautiful and elegant, we couldn't have been happier! We were extremely happy with Chris!

Private User
1+ year ago

Chris is amazing - we love him. He recently photographed our wedding, and last year did our engagement shoot. His services and packages for wedding photography are flexible and customizable - definitely a plus and sets him apart from other wedding photogs we researched/interviewed. As a camera-shy person, I was astounded by how comfortable I felt with Chris, and my husband and I both really enjoyed working with him. He is so professional, yet so down-to-earth and genuinely kind. We chose him because of his creativeness and spectacular eye for shots, but we couldn't have ended up working with a nicer person. He captures amazing shots quickly because he is so good, and he was very un-intrusive during the reception. I didn't even notice him following us around, but when I wanted to get a picture with a guest, I would turn around to look for him, and he'd be right there! Another great example of Chris' professionalism - we were running behind schedule ~1 hour midway through the reception (I didn't know that), and Chris checked in with me, volunteering to stay a little later than scheduled so that he could capture everything we wanted. Then, after a 1/2 hour, he let me know that he got enough great shots to feel totally confident - I appreciated his honesty and professionalism so much! He is very conscious of clients' wishes but also their budgets. Picking the right photographer was a big deal for us, and we were SO lucky to get Chris.
I can't wait to see all the final images from the day-of (he's already shared previews!), and I still can't believe how much fun the photography parts of the wedding ended up being - all credits to Chris.

2.2

Be careful. We are very saddened to have to post this negative review about Chris. Initially when we contacted Chris we feel in love with him. He was kind and attentive and responded immediately. We booked him for our wedding and engagement pictures. He did our engagement pictures and we loved them. Received them with no issues. The day of the wedding he was prompt and on time. We loved him. The pictures came out amazing. Flash forward to the time when we had to pick our pictures for our album. We were married in April and given the circumstances of establishing a new household we procrastinated to place our order for our album. We waited until October. However we kept Chris informed the entire time. Finally we submitted our pictures for our printed album ($1,200.00 value) in October 2013 and Chris responded on November 1, 2013 indicating that he would have it ready for us within a week. That was the last we ever heard from him. We gave him time because of the holidays and simply emailed him. We have received no responses AT ALL. We started calling and emailing him again. No responses have ever been reciprocated. I have emailed him at his business email 3 times. Called him 4 times and have sent him a letter. To this date NOTHING. It is like he was wiped off the planet. We are very saddened by this lack of communication. We genuinely liked Chris. We are totally perplexed at this lack of response. Chris, if you are reading this PLEASE just send us a response. If you need more time just let us know but do not remain unresponsive as that is not acceptable. We are so deeply saddened to have this blemish on our wedding memory. We really really liked Chris and he was wonderful but this has left us beyond perplexed.

2+ years ago

Chris went above and beyond with us!! It was absolutely a delight to work with him. To start it off, he was extremely organized in all of the pre-wedding correspondence, making sure to arrange schedules and lists of shots in advance. His artistic eye is phenomenal. He doesn't only take great shots, but he did a really great job with guiding us and directing us and making sure that we were comfortable and having a great time! He understands weddings impeccably and helped keep the overall flow of the wedding on pace, as well. He and his assistant even made sure we were hydrated and kept bringing us water! I really appreciated the small things that he did to really make the difference! His calm and pleasant demeanor throughout was comforting and fun! And above all, he got the most AMAZING pictures that my husband and I will forever get to keep to remember our special day.

Services Used: Photography

Chris Shepard is a great photographer. We had the opportunity to view plenty of his work prior to hiring him and it was all beautiful. We were even more impressed when we got back our own engagement photos and saw how he'd really brought both of our personalities through. On the day of our wedding, he was on time, kept things moving, and had us laughing and enjoying ourselves. His creativity, energy, and passion for what he does were evident from day one and we're so happy we chose him to photograph our wedding!

2+ years ago

Chris is an incredible photographer. We absolutely love our wedding photos. He also includes an engagement shoot which was a ton of fun and resulted in amazing photographs as well. He was great at helping with our wedding timeline and stuck to it (which isn't common from what we hear). We have photos with all our favorite friends and family and couldn't have asked for a better album design. Chris is truly a gifted photographer and so much fun to work with. He's also really flexible about location. Check out his blog and you'll see how amazing his work is!

2+ years ago

I can not THANK Chris enough. He was so patient, very thorough and does AMAZING work! No words can express how grateful I am Chris did my wedding photography. Such an absolute blessing we went with him. I recommend Shepard Photography to everyone I know.

4.7

We are incredibly happy with our wedding photos. The creativity was amazing.

Services Used: Photography

Chris and his wife Angela were so wonderful and accommodating. He got pictures to me right away so that I could show them off! During the wedding I hardly even noticed them. They just blended into the crowd, and got the most amazing shots!

Services Used: Photography

Chris was very helpful throughout the whole process. Our wedding photos look so beautiful and our family can't stop raving about them!