Sassafras Floral & Garden Design

Sassafras Floral & Garden Design

stunningly dramatic flowers, phenomenal service

1229 Tyler St NE
Suite 120
Minneapolis, MN 55413
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

Quality of Service:
(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(5.0 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sara Krasny was a god send!! My sister had gotten married and was not happy with her flowers, so finding a good fit was important to me. Sara was receptive from the first meeting. She provided examples, followed me on pinterest to find my style, and provided great details of what she was going to do. She was timely, fun, and professional. The flowers were all I could ask for and provided the amazing accent I was hoping for!!

• Wedding: 11/17/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sassafras was wonderful. They gave me exactly what I had asked for. This is the best choice hands down for a wedding florist!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I gave them my vision and they delivered! Simply amazing and creative! They were my ONLY decoration at my wedding and my venue looked perfect.

• Wedding: 10/12/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I truly enjoyed working with both Sarahs !!! They are so helpful and wonderful to work with. I really had no specifics on my bouquet other than what I wanted it to look like. I had some pictures on pintrest that I showed them and they walked us through it!!! They also arranged flowers for our ceremony too!!! THEY WERE AMAZING!!! My bouquet was so gorgeous it made me cry ... The attendant's bouquets were amazing and they all loved them... The boutineers for the groomsmen were perfect and the way they were presented with the crosages was awesome!!! The Ceremony arrangements looked amazing!! These girls know their stuff and they are such a delight to work with!!!

• Wedding: 09/29/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Working with Sarah and Sarah at Sassafras was such a great experience. I had a very vague idea of what I wanted for my wedding flowers and I gave them some general ideas and the flowers turned out A-MAZING. I received so many compliments on how beautiful our flowers were. I would recommend them to anyone!

• Wedding: 09/15/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Flowers weren't on the top of my list for priorities. I met with one of the lovely ladies that work here and went through some of their portfolios. I picked out some flowers that I liked, told them the color combo's I wanted and they delivered! They even incorporated a brazillian map in the bouts, and antique brooches in the bouquets. They were great with communication, pricing, and they even delivered to the venue for us. It was a pleasant surprise for someone who wasn't that "into" flowers. I highly recommend them for a traditional, or non traditional flower arrangements. Thank you so much!!!

• Wedding: 06/03/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sassafras was able to take ideas that I'd come up with and turn them into real-life product. They are easy to work with and quick to respond and I couldn't have been any happier with my flowers on my wedding day. I highly recommend Sassafras Floral & Garden Design!

Thank you Kelly!

Please keep in touch, if you haven't already, 'like' us on facebook and feel free to upload any photos, we'd love to see them!

• Wedding: 10/01/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was extremely pleased with Sassafras Floral & Garden design. Sarah, our florist, asked us questions pertaining to our wedding vision as well as questions to get to know us as a couple during our first meeting. She was a great listener and did an excellent job incorporating our ideas into her design. We had a decent sized wedding with a wedding party of 10 people and 35 tables at the reception. She was flexible with changes in numbers and design. The quality of the bouquets, boutonnières, and centerpieces were exceptional and delivered/arranged on time. Sarah is a complete professional and her work helped make our wedding perfect :).

Sassafras Floral & Garden Design responded with the following comments:

Thank you Dianna! It was fun and an honor to be a part of your wedding!

• Wedding: 10/01/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The 3 Sarahs at Sassafras really made flowers the easiest part of my wedding. I met with them once, and they asked all the right questions and were genuinely interested in getting the right feel for me. They explained their ideas, showed me some similar stuff, and that was that. I was a little bit of a control freak bride, but I trusted them with the flowers - it was so fun to have a surprise on my wedding day that exceeded all expectations!

Sassafras Floral & Garden Design responded with the following comments:

Thanks Carrie for the lovely review! We really appreciate it!

We'd love to keep in touch, if you haven't already, please 'like' us on facebook! Here is the link:

• Wedding: 07/09/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Sassafras Floral and Garden Design for our wedding in Minneapolis in June 2011. The quality of their service was exceptional. Much of our communication was via email since I live in Scotland or with my mother who is based in MN. Sassafras was amazingly patient, responsive, and flexible to/with our requests. They interpreted my somewhat vague ideas into beautiful and unique bridal flowers and an amazingly decorated church and reception venue which we received many compliments on. I would highly recommend Sassafras Floral and Garden Design for your event. They are creative, fantastic to work with and a great value!

Sassafras Floral & Garden Design responded with the following comments:

Thanks Michaelina for the lovely review! We really appreciate it!

• Wedding: 06/04/2011
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beautful work! Flowers were wonderful and they were super flexible! Loved that they were open to ideas and was a good value for what we recieved!

• Wedding: 04/29/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I used Sassafras even though I had a very small wedding. They helped put together small table bouquets as well as some flowers for the bride and flower girl. Even though I did not spend a lot of money, they still spent the same amount of time and energy making my day special.

Sassafras Floral & Garden Design responded with the following comments:

Thanks Beth! We so appreciate the feedback!

• Wedding: 12/31/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sassafras does AMAZING work! I love flowers, always have, so my wedding flowers were super important to me. The ladies at Sassafras totally exceeded my expectations. They are fun and easy to work with, can't say enough good things about Sassafras!

Sassafras Floral & Garden Design responded with the following comments:

Thanks Hannah for the lovely review! We really, really appreciate it!

• Wedding: 11/06/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After interviewing 8 florists, we decided to work with Sassafras for our daughter's wedding. The major deciding factor was that I truly felt that they would create the look that we wanted, within our budget and without problems. Many florists will say they will do what you envision, but in fact everything they show you is contrary to showing the breadth of their style according to what their clients request. Sassfrass not only listens intently to insure they understand what you want, they also have a plethora of example photos that show the variety of 'looks' they have created for many events! They are top notch, very professional and really a delight to work with. AND they deliver what they promise! I would not hesitate to refer this great florist for any of your upcoming events. I'm confident they will bring the spectacular and 'wow' to your event through their excellence in floral decor!

Sassafras Floral & Garden Design responded with the following comments:

Thanks for the glowing review Vicoria, we LOVED working with you!
All the best, the Sara/hs

• Wedding: 10/02/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It was a pleasure to work with Sassafras! The Sara(h)s were creative, flexible and fun. Our wedding flowers were amazing! They were beautiful and unique and our guests loved them. Thank you Sassafras!

Thanks Mrs. Crocker! xoxo

• Wedding: 09/05/2010
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sarah was amazing at keeping in contact with me and answering my questions. I didn't actually meet Sarah until a few days before my wedding because I planned from Oregon, and the way that she was able to keep in contact and work with my ideas really reassured me. I had looked at other florists, but I chose Sassafras because of the value of the price and the fact I knew that I could rely on Sarah to do an amazing job. When the flowers were delivered to my venue -- on time, possibly even a little early -- I was so excited because they were beautiful and exactly what I had wanted. I had a specific type of calla lily (Picasso) that I had wanted for my bouquet and Sarah was able to get it and make a beautiful bouquet. My bridesmaids bouquets were a mix of white, purple, and Picasso calla lilies and they were beautiful. I was going for a simple, elegant look, and I definitely got it.

• Wedding: 08/07/2010