Mr. Keets

Mr. Keets

Maurice, LA
337.898.0590
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
3.3

As a visitor of the southern Louisiana area, my goal before going back home in New York was to have some true, Cajun food. One of my relatives attended a wedding that was catered by Mr. Keet's and I was informed their food was impeccable. So, it decided to try it for my self and made it one of my places to eat during my visit. Boy were my friends right. It was delicious. I did try the gumbo and it was superb. Not too thick, not too watery (as a previous reviewer mentioned) and the crawfish tails were fried to perfection! I also talked to the owner and was able to meet his loving, welcoming family. We talked for a good while and even found out that we had mutual friends! He was so inviting and so approachable. His wife and kids were all a part of the operation of the business and it was such a pleasant sight to see. So while you may read these bogus reviews by people who apparently aren't satisfied with their lives in general, don't let their negative remarks deter you away from this hard-working, deserving family's business and give it a try for yourself. I promise you won't regret it!

0.0

DINERS BEWARE!!!

This was the worst experience, from the meal itself to the way we were treated from the owner, Gerard, when he finally returned our complaint calls after takeout turned out to be throw out!

Gumbo was dark brown water with no meat or anything else (no flavor, no texture) in it; the crab corn bisque tasted like aluminum, was not cooked, or even blended... certainly no sherry... straight out of a can! The dressing balls were fried black; the grilled seafood platter had doughy, undercooked crab cakes, 1 stunted oyster, and Asian tiny tiny crawfish tales that were chewy and tasteless. The only thing edible on the platter was the catfish cubes and the crab finger.

I called the restaurant immediately after pouring the gumbo with no meat and the girl answering said, "I don't know what to tell you, ma'am..." I told her it was a $9 bowl of water and asked her to have her manager to call me and left my number. She did not tell me to bring the food back.

We received no return phone call last night. I left another message this morning on the answering machine and got a call back a little later from Gerard, the owner. After he boasted about his history of being the past president of the Acadiana Restaurant Owners Association and more of his back-patting, condescending monologue, he asked me what I suggested he do; I asked him to reimburse us for our $42.31 payment with a gift certificate for Boiled Crawfish (which is nearly impossible to screw up) and he refused!

I told him he apparently called me just to argue, and he said, "I'm not arguing..." and I replied, "Yes, you are, you are refusing to do the right thing." To which he responded, "Yes, I am.."

"So, you admit that you are refusing to do the right thing?"

"Yes, I am."

That says it all ladies and gentlemen. If you want substandard food from an arrogant, pompous ass, who does not care about your satisfaction, patronize Mr. Keets!

I also suggest that if you do, put it on a credit card and not a debit card so you can reverse the charges with your bank when the owner refuses to do the right thing.

Easily the worst food in Louisiana!
Maura Richardson

Services Used: Catering

The food was AWESOME. I got many compliments on how good the food was. Their prices were great and their presentation was also great!