Macys Bridal- Menlo Park Mall

• Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5

Private User 1 Reviews
I went for my Bridal gown to Demetrios salon in Menlo Park Mall,Edison.When I walked to the store it was no one at the front desk.I waited and I saw woman with red hair in the office talking on the phone,I went to her to let her know I needed help,she made it look like she did not notice me .I waited for 20 minutes and she still was on the phone what sounded like a personal phone call and I left.BAD BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.That lady should not be working there,will not recommend this salon to anyone.
Wedding: [Private]
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The saleswoman was extremely helpful, I showed her a few pictures of the styles I liked and she recommended the dress I ended up buying. It wasn't a style I would have picked up on my own but it was so flattering. She was also very conscious of my budget and helped me select styles to try within the budget or styles that were on a special sale.
She also got along so well with my crazy mother!
Wedding: 09/22/2013
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Beautiful dresses. Scheduled one appt. over the phone and showed up on the date- they did not have me written down but wound up taking me anyways. Seamstress is a lovely lady!
Wedding: 08/03/2013
3.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
My dress was beautiful and flawless. Diane the seamstress was amazing. However, Danielle was absolutely horrible. My flower girl dress came in gray (it was supposed to be ivory) and Danielle would only offer me a store credit for it. Until... six weeks before the wedding when it was discovered (by the seamstress) that one of my bridesmaids dresses was completely the wrong dress. Danielle assured me the dress would be in the first week of April, and then decided to refund me for the flower girl dress. Didn't come in the first week of April and Danielle didn't returned my calls. Eventually I had to go over her head to the manager. Finally, I was told the dress wouldn't be in until the 16th - 4 days before my wedding! - and that Danielle knew that all along. We only ordered 5 dresses from there - and 2 were completely wrong! Luckily it all worked out in the end - my dress was perfect and the bridesmaids dresses were right for the wedding. I did have to go elsewhere for the flower girl dress though. Alterations aren't included in the price of the dresses either - so brides be prepared to drop another few hundred dollars.
Wedding: 04/20/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had a wonderful experience purchasing my Wedding Gown from Macy's Bridal. I chose a gown from the Demetrios' Sposabella collection. When I called to schedule an appointment, I asked the woman if I could bring a list of item numbers that corresponded with the gowns I liked online. She went a step further and told me that I could give them to her over the phone and that she would have them ready for me when I came in for my appointment. The women at my appointment were truly a pleasure to work with and were very helpful in helping me select the perfect gown.

They have a very large selection of gowns to choose from. It was difficult to make my decision!

My gown came in during the time period they had told me and it fit almost perfect (minus some small adjustments I'd have to make). I was very happy with my experience with them from start to finish and I highly recommend them to all brides-to-be!
Wedding: 11/17/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My dress fit me like a glove! My dress came early. The bridesmaid and flowergirl dresses came on time.
Wedding: 07/07/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The groom and grooms men bought their suits from Macy's. They all loved their suits and I am sure they will wear them again!
Wedding: 03/31/2012
3.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  2.5
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
I found a beautiful dress that perfectly fit into my budget at this Macy's boutique. The staff there was very responsive and helped me find a dress for my body type.. they even pulled a dress off of the mannequin in the window for me to try on, which ended up being the dress I bought!

Troubles came in with the seamstress, Maria. She was a sweet enough woman, but I ended up having to have MULTIPLE dress fittings because of poor fit. She even blamed this on me at one point, telling me that I lost too much weight and that was why the dress was 2 inches too big for my waist. I've been the same weight for at least 5 years!

When the dress was picked up, they assured me that they had double checked and that everything was ready to go. When I put my dress on the day of my wedding, however, the underskirt was missing. This caused the dressed to fall flat and made it WAY too long. After some words from a justifiably angry mother-of-the-bride, someone drove my underskirt to me at my reception site. While this was incredibly nice, it shouldn't have been necessary in the first place, and was too little too late (my dress had already been dragged, stepped on, and hiked up for our pictures).

In all, the dress was BEAUTIFUL, but the drama that came along with it tainted my experience. If you are going to shop here for your wedding dress, make sure you check your garment bag before the day of the wedding.
Wedding: 12/31/2011
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Macys was very helpful in assisting me choose my wedding dress. Would recommend them.
Wedding: 09/09/2011
0.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0
I went to Macy's bridal with mother, grandmother, and aunt looking for a mother of the bride dresses. The sales associate '"Chelsea" (blonde hair) was extremely rude and disrespectful. She stared at my mother glaringly up and down and said "I don't know if we have a dressing room for you." I was shocked at the stuck up, snotty, demeanor of this young woman. Apparently she was only interested in helping young, sample size other women looking for dresses. I have been a loyal Macy's customer for years, and I am truly shocked by the unprofessional attitude we were treated with. If going to the Macy's @ Menlo Park Bridal Salon stay clear of
"Chelsea"
Wedding: 09/01/2010
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
LOVED my dress from there! They did everything just the way you want, and their prices are fair. They make the appts to fit around your schedule.. and make it an easy experience!
Wedding: 08/16/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Highly recommend Flora she was absoulutely amazing even dealing through some crazy family members she always kept me at number 1 priority she made you feel like you are the bride and gave great imput to the dresses and didnt just say you looked good in every dress she will give an opinion and by my faces she new whether or not I liked something with out me even talking
Wedding: 06/06/2009
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I’m not terribly happy with Macy*s. I was quite happy with the original service I received. Francine helped me try on gowns and was fantastic. She knew exactly what style would work with my body type and quickly learned my style. The third gown she bought me was “the one.” The price was reasonable so I ordered and it came in only four months later, two months earlier than expected. Unfortunately, Francine retired and that was the end of the good service from Macy*s.
In March of this year, I went to Macy*s with my beautiful maid of honor to look for bridesmaid gowns. I wanted to get them all in the same place to make fittings easy, and also because the girls would get a discount since I bought my gown there. The service we received was appalling. My girls range from size 0-22, A cup to DD cup. It would have been too difficult to choose a gown that was flattering for all of them and that they all felt comfortable in, so I planned to ask them to choose their own floor-length gowns in a specific color. The woman who helped us spent literally an hour explaining how terrible this idea was and how horrible they will look. I continuously said that it will look fine and it’s more important to me that the girls are comfortable than they look like a bridal army. I was getting quite annoyed, and looking back, I’m not sure why I didn’t walk out at this point.

My maid of honor and I knew that Macy*s mostly carries samples in size 10, but asked the woman what the ordering process would be. My maid of honor is a size 20, and was hoping to at least try on a gown by the designer to get an idea of how the sizes run. The woman basically told us it would need to be special ordered without seeing how it would look, and could not be returned. My maid of honor explained that she was going to try to find a gown in a similar style in the regular plus size dress department to get an idea of how it will look before she made her final decision. To this, the employee said, “No bridal store will carry a gown in your size.” At this point, we walked out. I called David’s Bridal, confirmed they carried gowns in all sizes, and had my girls buy their bridesmaid gowns from there.

My final fittings were equally frustrating. The seamstress was curt and unhelpful. She basically threw me in the dress to make sure it fit then yanked if off. She laced it so tight it looked too small (and insisted it was fine…) She seemed annoyed at my maid of honor’s questions about the bustle. My mother called to make my final fitting appointment due to a crazy work schedule. They told her the work wasn’t done and I had never come for my first fitting. Luckily, my maid of honor and I had taken pictures. I was able to verify the date and time of the last appointment from the files. They eventually determined that they screwed up the paperwork and the work “had been done, but not recorded.” I’m not sure if this is true or they finished it before my Mom picked it up a few days later (I was in the hospital). They handed her the dress without giving her any info. Luckily the day of coordinator knew how to do it.

Overall my gown was gorgeous and I was thrilled with it, but I’d never recommend Macy*s Bridal Salon.
Wedding: 10/25/2008
1.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I had a HORRIBLE experience with this store. I purchased a dress & less than 1 month later called off my wedding. This was a final sale so I kept the dress. When I picked up the dress I didn't even try it on - what was worse than calling off the wedding was the store ordered a size based on measurements I never was! When I did get married 2 years later I tried on the dress & realized it was extremely SMALL & each person in the store told me I must have gained A LOT of weight - more than double the dress! I did gain some, but realistically not that much - I was never that small - talk about making a bride feel bad. Reluctantly I bought a 2nd wedding dress for my wedding & AGAIN they tried to order a smaller dress size - I insisted they go up 1 size - good thing - it just fit with the undergarments.
I also thought by my bridesmaids dresses being purchased here it would make the day easier - NOPE!!! I was WRONG AGAIN!!!!! I had 7 bridesmaids- 1 maternity dress for 1 maid, & 2 girls from out of town calling in their sizes. Long story short - 8 weeks before the wedding the dresses still were not in - NOT EVEN ORDERED!!!! The store said the girls from out of town never paid for their dresses when they had a bill to show they did. THEN They finally ordered the dresses - I went to the store 5 weeks before my wedding to pick up the dresses & they were WRONG - 3 were maternity style!!! 2 of the 3 were the girls from out of town!!!!!! They had to come in earlier than planned the day before the wedding to get their dresses - hopefully fit, & altered before the rehearsal that day. Talk about cutting it close & feeling aweful - I definitely did not feel like a bride or even special in my dress & each time I look at the dress I get annoyed. What an aweful memory.
Wedding: 11/30/2007
2.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.5
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  2.0
I was very upset with the way that I was treated. The bridal salon books appt every hour and if you are slightly ove time, while they are assisting you,they then tell you that you have to come back because the next bride is here.
This was totally unprofessional. I did find my dream dress there and had the designer make an adjustment to the dress to "make it mine". I did not do any of my fittings with them. I used another seamstress due to the rudeness of the shop.
to top it all off the box pleat that I had the designer add on for me was not even centered on the dress. I noticed it at my last fitting less than a week before the big day. Thank God no one could notice but I did and i payed alot of money for that. My advice... go some where else.
Wedding: 11/17/2007