LovelyGirls Events

LovelyGirls Events

\lev-le\: having beauty that apeals to the emotions as well as to the eye!

Wilmington, DE 19806

3.8
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Working with Lovely Girls was the most stressful peice of planning my daughter's wedding. since I nly have one daughter and have been out of the 'wedding going' circuit for a while, I figured it was best to hire a planner, and was very impressed with Nicole at our initial meetings. She was organized, responsive, and excited. However, after the initial meetings and deposit, her communication with us dropped. It took her FOUR months to respond to a single email, and most went unresponded. When we tried to argue some sort of refund, again, no response.

How can a business operate like this? We hired Nicole based on her previously good reviews, but she definitely did not deliver. My daughter was distressed on multiple nights because the person who she was relying on to pull the best day of her life together wasn't showing any ounce of care. Luckily, we were able to pull things together last minute (at a high $$ cost, mind you!) to get some sort of remenance of what my daughter wanted, but the stress involved with that was the last thing we needed on top of all of the other details.

Avoid.

• Flexibility: 0.0

Most frusterating experience ever. After working with Nicole for ~3 months with spotty responsiveness from her, she just stopped returning any of my emails. She was supossed to be in charge of planning the majority of the wedding, and she cashed my deposit check for the same, but absolutely no delivery on the promise.

Eventually, I cut my losses and stressfully did everything myself. How can 'The Best of The Knot' winner just take your money and run? Extremely unethical, and obviously, unprofressional. Brides, please beware!

• Flexibility: 0.0

I don't even know where to begin. I hired Nicole Brennan for the partial wedding package back in January'2014. The package required Nicole to be suggesting and managing ALL of the wedding vendors, and throughout the 7 months I tried to contact her, she did not suggest even one - let alone answer my emails, calls and texts regarding the vendors I DID find. She did, however, happily cash my 25% deposit check quickly upon receipt. I heard from her 1 or 2 times in May, but that dwindled quickly. She literally took my money and ran. Eventually, I contacted other vendors to fill in for Nicole's duties, but unfortunately, many were booked, and I was stuck doing much of the work myself. I've since found another planner who is wonderful, and I wish I had gone that route 7 months ago.

I later found out that Nicole and her business partner, Liza, had parted ways. Liza is wonderful to work with and is only an innocent bystander in this mess, and I wish I had worked with her from the beginning. Unfortunately, since Nicole is in charge of the finances (so it seems), Liza was unable to refund me, and felt horrible about the situation.

I don't understand how people can be so self-centered and unprofessional when all a bride wants is a smooth planning process. This has been the most stressful business experience I've ever had. To brides considering contacting Lovely Girls, PLEASE go another route.

• Flexibility: 0.0

Don't do it. Nicole from LovelyGirls left me high and dry after hiring her. Literally, after I paid the deposit over a year prior to my wedding, she took off and I never heard from her again. No correspondence for a solid 5 months, at which point, I was forced to pursue alternate vendors (and of course, being closer to my wedding date, they were hard to find).

I tried getting my money back, but with no response from Nicole, it's impossible without pressing charges. Absolute FRAUD. I'm considering pursuing legal action.

Don't book them. Period.

• Flexibility: 0.0

I am writing on behalf of my sister because she is at a loss for words. We initially hired Nicole Brennan as a wedding planning for my sister's wedding on August 2nd 2014. Since we both are very busy business owners, we thought what better decision than to hire a wedding professional who could ensure that the day would go over smoothly. On our initial meeting we were very impressed with Nicole. Not only was she super organized and meticulous, but very friendly and personable.

Around April (3 months before wedding) my sister got concerned. She told me Nicole had not responded to her about her email regarding drapes my sister sent back in NOVEMBER. Nicole and I have mutual friends on Facebook, so I personally emailed her and asked if she received my sister's email. She kindly responded back saying she was just getting to it. As a person who makes way too many excuses for people and also gives wayyy too much the benefit of the doubt, never in a million bajillion years did I think someone could be so inconsiderate and callous enough to leave someone high and dry on one of the biggest days of their life.

Nicole kept in contact just enough to take all of my sister's money and DISAPPEARED 2 weeks before her wedding. Lets just say my sister was crying (and she NEVER cries) on the day of the wedding, because she was so overwhelmed with all the loose ends that still needed to be tied. Thankfully the Hyatt at Penns Landing was so wonderful with stepping up and going the extra mile.

Which leads me to this. My sister's husband's father suggested we all jump on a lawsuit together (totally not worth the legal fees for just one of us). Nicole cannot get away with this. As a business owner, my customers are extremely important to me, and I cannot even fathom the idea of taking advantage of them. Please email me at LGElegalDelaware@gmail.com so all of us can seek justice.

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I don't even know where to begin when it comes to my disappointment. I hired Lovely Girls more than a year prior to my event. I corresponded with Liza pretty regularly until about 2 months prior to the wedding when suddenly correspondence stopped. Here and there I would get a terse response and was eventually told that Liza hadn't heard from her business partner since DECEMBER (mind you this is now April) and that Lovely Girls is "no longer an operating business" but that she "didn't want to leave me high and dry" on my wedding day so she'd show up and do what she could. What bride wants to hear something like that a month before the wedding?! I told her that I didn't feel comfortable with that and that I wanted my deposit back - I still have yet to hear from her. I followed up with her partner Nicole and never received a response. They still have my deposit and my wedding is over. I will be pursuing this further through litigation if need-be but I'm hoping it doesn't have to go that route. It really upsets and sickens me that people can be so callous as to not even respond to an email! I can't get either of them on the phone/email/in person. I am so lucky that I found Afflair Events on short notice as they truly did an immaculate job. Look up Afflair Events if you need a planner!

• Wedding: 05/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I don't understand how a 'best of The Knot' company could give such horrible service. I hired Nicole of Lovely Girls back in October and had some correspondence before and after paying my deposit. However, eventually, she stopped answering all of my calls, texts and emails. I began performing her promised duties via the contract on my own. Come March, a few months before the wedding, I finally sucked it up and paid for a whole, new wedding planner, but I'm sure glad I did. I still haven't heard from Nicole, but she did cash a good chunk of $$ from my account. I've tried contacting her multiple times to come to an agreement regarding a refund, but again, no response.

The $$ aside, I can't believe someone would intentionally give a bride so much added stress to the stressors that are already involved with wedding planning. Worst experience I've had planning my wedding, and my advice would be to AVOID!

• Flexibility: 0.0

I hired Nicole Brennan of LovelyGirls Events to be my month of coordinator for my wedding. We signed the contract and I paid my deposit in September. I email Nicole in January with a few questions and received no response. As time went on, I grew increasingly concerned. I sent several emails, text messages and phone calls between January and March with no response. I reached out to Nicole's partner, Liza, for additional information. While Liza was sympathetic and responsive, she was unable to take over the planning or provide the refund I requested. This is not something a bride wants to deal with months/weeks before the wedding. I will be contacting an attorney in an attempt to get my money back. I hope no other bride has the same experience.

• Wedding: 03/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Brides beware...I hired Lovely Girls to help plan my upcoming wedding. I signed a contract with and sent a deposit to Nicole Brennan (the check was made out to the company and cashed in Nov 2013). It is now almost April and all of my emails and phone messages since November have gone unanswered. Nicole has taken my $500 and dropped off the face of the earth. I have reached out to her partner Liza who said I cannot receive a refund from the company but only from Nicole directly. Well I'm still unable to get a response from Nicole. She has literally stolen my money. This was the first vendor I had any type of contact with regarding my wedding. This has been a dream come true (I am marrying the most wonderful man in the world) turned nightmare.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From my first meeting with Liza, I was relaxed. Her cool, competent demeanor left me with the sense that she would "just handle it." And that is exactly what her and the team from LovelyGirls did. Stilt walkers, fire breathers, sideshow acts, boxes and boxes of DIY decor were just some of the things we threw LovelyGirls way for our Vintage Glam Circus theme. Not only did they coordinate a massive number of vendors and performers, but they also unpacked and set up our decor perfectly. If there were complications that day, I certainly didn't notice. Throughout the jam packed night of entertainment, Liza and her staff were on point and visible to my husband and I at all times, in the event we needed anything. After an extremely long day, the team packed our beloved, custom decor up safely and in a timely fashion so that it could come home with us. Liza, Nicole and their interns helped us pull off the wedding of our dreams and we cannot stop singing their praises!

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am a type A perfectionist by nature and so are these amazing wedding planners!!!!! They are extremely detail oriented and are experts when it comes to the wedding industry. I was on the fence about hiring wedding planners and am SOOOOO happy I did. It was probably the best decision I made! Liza took so much "stress" off of me. They are super organized, very easy to get in touch with by phone or email and will cater to you with locations for meetings and appts. More importantly, they are just really sweet, good hearted people that genuinely want you to have the wedding of your dreams. I also used a lot of their vendor recommendations that ended up being absolutely phenomenal!!!! I am still receiving so many compliments about our wedding from my guests. As I said in the beginning I am very type A and will admit I am a bit of a control freak, but the day of the wedding I totally let them run the show and honestly could never have done anywhere near the spectacular job they did if there were 100 of me! I was stress free and before I could even think about what I needed to do next Liza was right there and had everything planned out for me as well as the whole bridal party! Trust me, these girls know what they are doing! I will be calling them for the next large event I host!!! Again, no words....simply amazing!

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't say enough good things about Nikki and Liza. I came to Nikki with a venue and a guest list and she gave me the most beautiful day of my life. I wasn't the most organized bride and I didn't have a set vision for my wedding - but Nikki really helped create a beautiful day for myself and my guests. It was all of her personal touches and personal style that really made it special. If I could change anything about the experience, I would have hired her sooner! She also recommended about half of my vendors and they turned out awesome. The most important thing of all was that Nikki really helped our wedding day be stress free. I sort of thought of her as "insurance" for anything that could happen at the wedding... rain, unruly guests, odd requests, misbehaving relatives, etc. Nikki has seen it all and is calm, cool, and collected.
The day of our wedding was so seamless because Nikki was there in the background. She handled everything while our parents and we were able to relax on the important parts of the day... getting married!

Liza also did an incredible job with our flowers. They held up the entire day and everyone commented to me on how beautiful they were. The pictures really do tell the truth, and our pictures turned out great!

• Wedding: 06/22/2013
RebeccaM
  • Flexibility: 5.0

A Guys Point of View > I honestly thought that planning a wedding would be easy; choose some colors, a theme, make table top features, a DJ or band, pick your music, get programs printed.... It really doesn't seem like all that much :) Then life gets in the way and searching for that thing that your fiancé pulled off Pinterest becomes a chore that easily gets forgotten. But you have another 10 months, you'll be fine. No you won't.

Nikki and her team at LovelyGirls bring dreams to reality. They are so good at what they do that a few simple descriptive words are turned into beautification beyond what you had originally had thought and hadn't thought of. LovelyGirls were so easy and great to work with that we've begun to call on them for interior design.

If it weren't for the LovelyGirls team and their easy understanding of our own thought process our wedding would have fallen short of our expectations and mocked a mismatched backyard BBQ.

The LovelyGirls team over delivers. If you're on the fence about hiring a planner, let this be the last review you read, do it. The money spent will be will worth the stress and time you save in addition to everything you want your wedding to be and much more.

• Wedding: 06/22/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I both loved working with LovelyGirls Events! I am a bit of a stress case, so just knowing that Nikki and her team were there to solve any problems was such a relief! Nikki emailed and met with us several times before our big day to make sure every detail was accounted for. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect…I am sure little things went wrong behind the scenes, but I never heard about it because Nikki was there to take action :)

• Wedding: 06/08/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had the incredible pleasure of working with LovelyGirls Events to plan our wedding this past May. My wife and I were having a difficult time deciding what we wanted. We knew we wanted our wedding to be unique to who we are. Nicole, our amazing wedding planner, suggested we have a surprise ceremony. It turned out to be a brilliant idea! We were able to fit in an intimate ceremony and have a full out reception due to her ingenious idea. Nicole was amazing at figuring out who we were and making our wedding very much ours. People are still talking about how great our wedding was even 5 months later, this was all due to Nicole!

• Wedding: 05/04/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

LovelyGirls Events was one of the best investments I made for our wedding! Nicole and Liza helped me stay on track and accomplish the multitude of tasks that needed to be done prior to our big day! Nicole helped guide me toward making all the big decisions to create the vision of a wedding I wanted within our budget. I am thankful that we were able to have such a great team in our corner.From quick replies to fantastic suggestions on how we could include more personal touches to the reception, Nicole and Liza managed to make a stressful time easier to manage. Not only were we able to have a stunning wedding, we were able to enjoy our day, make incredible memories, and now have life long friends who helped plan and create the best day of our lives. I would recommend LovelyGirls Events to any bride who needs a planner.

• Wedding: 01/05/2013