LovelyGirls Events
\lev-le\: having beauty that apeals to the emotions as well as to the eye!
Wilmington, DE 19806

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  0.0
I don't even know where to begin when it comes to my disappointment. I hired Lovely Girls more than a year prior to my event. I corresponded with Liza pretty regularly until about 2 months prior to the wedding when suddenly correspondence stopped. Here and there I would get a terse response and was eventually told that Liza hadn't heard from her business partner since DECEMBER (mind you this is now April) and that Lovely Girls is "no longer an operating business" but that she "didn't want to leave me high and dry" on my wedding day so she'd show up and do what she could. What bride wants to hear something like that a month before the wedding?! I told her that I didn't feel comfortable with that and that I wanted my deposit back - I still have yet to hear from her. I followed up with her partner Nicole and never received a response. They still have my deposit and my wedding is over. I will be pursuing this further through litigation if need-be but I'm hoping it doesn't have to go that route. It really upsets and sickens me that people can be so callous as to not even respond to an email! I can't get either of them on the phone/email/in person. I am so lucky that I found Afflair Events on short notice as they truly did an immaculate job. Look up Afflair Events if you need a planner!
Wedding: 05/17/2014
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I hired Nicole Brennan of LovelyGirls Events to be my month of coordinator for my wedding. We signed the contract and I paid my deposit in September. I email Nicole in January with a few questions and received no response. As time went on, I grew increasingly concerned. I sent several emails, text messages and phone calls between January and March with no response. I reached out to Nicole's partner, Liza, for additional information. While Liza was sympathetic and responsive, she was unable to take over the planning or provide the refund I requested. This is not something a bride wants to deal with months/weeks before the wedding. I will be contacting an attorney in an attempt to get my money back. I hope no other bride has the same experience.
Wedding: 03/03/2014

Private User 1 Reviews
Brides beware...I hired Lovely Girls to help plan my upcoming wedding. I signed a contract with and sent a deposit to Nicole Brennan (the check was made out to the company and cashed in Nov 2013). It is now almost April and all of my emails and phone messages since November have gone unanswered. Nicole has taken my $500 and dropped off the face of the earth. I have reached out to her partner Liza who said I cannot receive a refund from the company but only from Nicole directly. Well I'm still unable to get a response from Nicole. She has literally stolen my money. This was the first vendor I had any type of contact with regarding my wedding. This has been a dream come true (I am marrying the most wonderful man in the world) turned nightmare.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
From my first meeting with Liza, I was relaxed. Her cool, competent demeanor left me with the sense that she would "just handle it." And that is exactly what her and the team from LovelyGirls did. Stilt walkers, fire breathers, sideshow acts, boxes and boxes of DIY decor were just some of the things we threw LovelyGirls way for our Vintage Glam Circus theme. Not only did they coordinate a massive number of vendors and performers, but they also unpacked and set up our decor perfectly. If there were complications that day, I certainly didn't notice. Throughout the jam packed night of entertainment, Liza and her staff were on point and visible to my husband and I at all times, in the event we needed anything. After an extremely long day, the team packed our beloved, custom decor up safely and in a timely fashion so that it could come home with us. Liza, Nicole and their interns helped us pull off the wedding of our dreams and we cannot stop singing their praises!
Wedding: 09/28/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I am a type A perfectionist by nature and so are these amazing wedding planners!!!!! They are extremely detail oriented and are experts when it comes to the wedding industry. I was on the fence about hiring wedding planners and am SOOOOO happy I did. It was probably the best decision I made! Liza took so much "stress" off of me. They are super organized, very easy to get in touch with by phone or email and will cater to you with locations for meetings and appts. More importantly, they are just really sweet, good hearted people that genuinely want you to have the wedding of your dreams. I also used a lot of their vendor recommendations that ended up being absolutely phenomenal!!!! I am still receiving so many compliments about our wedding from my guests. As I said in the beginning I am very type A and will admit I am a bit of a control freak, but the day of the wedding I totally let them run the show and honestly could never have done anywhere near the spectacular job they did if there were 100 of me! I was stress free and before I could even think about what I needed to do next Liza was right there and had everything planned out for me as well as the whole bridal party! Trust me, these girls know what they are doing! I will be calling them for the next large event I host!!! Again, no words....simply amazing!
Wedding: 09/21/2013

RebeccaM 5 Reviews
I can't say enough good things about Nikki and Liza. I came to Nikki with a venue and a guest list and she gave me the most beautiful day of my life. I wasn't the most organized bride and I didn't have a set vision for my wedding - but Nikki really helped create a beautiful day for myself and my guests. It was all of her personal touches and personal style that really made it special. If I could change anything about the experience, I would have hired her sooner! She also recommended about half of my vendors and they turned out awesome. The most important thing of all was that Nikki really helped our wedding day be stress free. I sort of thought of her as "insurance" for anything that could happen at the wedding... rain, unruly guests, odd requests, misbehaving relatives, etc. Nikki has seen it all and is calm, cool, and collected.
The day of our wedding was so seamless because Nikki was there in the background. She handled everything while our parents and we were able to relax on the important parts of the day... getting married!

Liza also did an incredible job with our flowers. They held up the entire day and everyone commented to me on how beautiful they were. The pictures really do tell the truth, and our pictures turned out great!
Wedding: 06/22/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
A Guys Point of View > I honestly thought that planning a wedding would be easy; choose some colors, a theme, make table top features, a DJ or band, pick your music, get programs printed.... It really doesn't seem like all that much :) Then life gets in the way and searching for that thing that your fiancé pulled off Pinterest becomes a chore that easily gets forgotten. But you have another 10 months, you'll be fine. No you won't.

Nikki and her team at LovelyGirls bring dreams to reality. They are so good at what they do that a few simple descriptive words are turned into beautification beyond what you had originally had thought and hadn't thought of. LovelyGirls were so easy and great to work with that we've begun to call on them for interior design.

If it weren't for the LovelyGirls team and their easy understanding of our own thought process our wedding would have fallen short of our expectations and mocked a mismatched backyard BBQ.

The LovelyGirls team over delivers. If you're on the fence about hiring a planner, let this be the last review you read, do it. The money spent will be will worth the stress and time you save in addition to everything you want your wedding to be and much more.

Wedding: 06/22/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I both loved working with LovelyGirls Events! I am a bit of a stress case, so just knowing that Nikki and her team were there to solve any problems was such a relief! Nikki emailed and met with us several times before our big day to make sure every detail was accounted for. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect…I am sure little things went wrong behind the scenes, but I never heard about it because Nikki was there to take action :)
Wedding: 06/08/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had the incredible pleasure of working with LovelyGirls Events to plan our wedding this past May. My wife and I were having a difficult time deciding what we wanted. We knew we wanted our wedding to be unique to who we are. Nicole, our amazing wedding planner, suggested we have a surprise ceremony. It turned out to be a brilliant idea! We were able to fit in an intimate ceremony and have a full out reception due to her ingenious idea. Nicole was amazing at figuring out who we were and making our wedding very much ours. People are still talking about how great our wedding was even 5 months later, this was all due to Nicole!
Wedding: 05/04/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
LovelyGirls Events was one of the best investments I made for our wedding! Nicole and Liza helped me stay on track and accomplish the multitude of tasks that needed to be done prior to our big day! Nicole helped guide me toward making all the big decisions to create the vision of a wedding I wanted within our budget. I am thankful that we were able to have such a great team in our corner.From quick replies to fantastic suggestions on how we could include more personal touches to the reception, Nicole and Liza managed to make a stressful time easier to manage. Not only were we able to have a stunning wedding, we were able to enjoy our day, make incredible memories, and now have life long friends who helped plan and create the best day of our lives. I would recommend LovelyGirls Events to any bride who needs a planner.
Wedding: 01/05/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
If you are looking for a way to create beautiful ceremony and reception centerpieces without dealing with a run-of-the-mill florist, look no further! While the services LovelyGirls offers vary, I used this company for the ceremony and reception decor only. I worked with Liza, who is super sweet, professional, and creative, to come up with the look for my wedding. She understood the overall look that I was going for and was able to bring it to life! The decor turned out so unbelievable gorgeous!!! The pricing is very reasonable as well- I was originally given a $10,000 quote (YIKES) from a florist to create the look I wanted for the ceremony and reception decor. Hands down, I highly recommend this company to anyone who wants personalized and refreshingly beautiful decor for a wedding or other event!
Wedding: 11/17/2012
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
I would like to thank LovelyGirls Events for helping make the big day run smoothly and for executing all the little details (that I put so much time, thought and effort into over the last year) perfectly. It was a relief to know that I didn't have to worry about who was going to run the show and that I had a trusted team working to ensure that my vision would be realized. We could not have done it without their coordination and it really helped put me at ease (during a stressful time!) to know we were in great hands.

I also can't say enough about the florals by Liza. I was absolutely in love with my bouquet. I didn't want to leave for our honeymoon the next day because I knew by the time I got back it would be wilted! :) I also could not stop looking at the table arrangement during our ceremony (don't tell my husband!), that was one of my most favorite pieces. It really completed the ceremony.

And I would also like to thank Nicole...for driving me, my Dad and my nephew around to the back of the ceremony so we didn't have to walk and be seen by the guests, AND for following me around during photos carrying my dress. It was super helpful, not in the job description and I really did appreciate it. Thank you LovelyGirls!!

*We selected the month-of planning package.
Wedding: 10/21/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had my wedding relatively well planned out...or so I thought! As the time got closer there were things that just did not go according to plan, but who was there to my rescue? LovelyGirls, LovelyGirls, LovelyGirls. Not only were they sticklers for details and amazingly good at suggesting certain things or giving certain ideas to do things in a way that would make everything look better or run more smoothly, but they were able to hook me up with last-minute vendors when things were not running smoothly with certain aspects of my wedding. Everyone worries about spending too much on weddings, but wedding coordinators, and more specifically, LovelyGirls are worth EVERY PENNY. You will not regret hiring them--I think my brain would have exploded without Nicole, and I know I would not have gotten to enjoy my wedding as much without them. Nicole, Liza--you ROCK.
Wedding: 10/20/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My fiancé and I thought we could do it all, but almost as soon as we began planning we realized we needed help. We were afraid that a wedding planner was out of our price range but Lovely Girls has packages to fit every bride’s budget and needs! We chose the one-day package, but Nicki went far beyond just supporting us the day of the wedding. She met with me several times, including doing a walk through of the venue a few weeks before the wedding. Nicki, Liza, and their team were amazing the day of the wedding! They took care of EVERYTHING--from problems with the hotel shuttle, to picking up the wedding cake and desserts, to decorating the entire reception venue and ceremony site. They made everything run so smoothly during the wedding, and made sure all things were packed up and organized at the end of the night. Even though our site had a wedding coordinator, it would have been a disaster to not have someone like LovelyGirls in charge. We were fools to think we could have pulled this off alone. Thank god for LovelyGirls. Hire them!!
Wedding: 10/13/2012

Anonymous 3 Reviews
It is hard for me to put into words how much I appreciate Liza and Nicole! If it was possible to give a score higher than a 5, I certainly would!!! Liza and Nicole were probably the best money I spent during my entire wedding, and they were very reasonable! They were organized and on top of everything without being pushy or overwhelming. They have great design vision and decorated my venue beautifully! They coordinated extremely well with all of my vendors and my sister (matron of honor), who all said wonderful things about working with them. There were many instances where they went above and beyond what was expected of them, just to make sure our night was perfect! MY wedding was pretty flawless, and not for lacking any hiccups I am sure, but because Liza and Nicole handled them without me even knowing, which I am so grateful for. I was able to have such a fun time at my wedding and not worry about anything else going on behind the scenes. It really was a perfect night! Thank you so much, LovelyGirls!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I just had to take a moment to write a review about Nicole and Liza from LovelyGirls Events. They were the wedding planners for my sister's wedding at the Hagley Museum in Wilmington, DE. While it was not my wedding, my experiences with them were just incredible. Since this wedding was not in a location I was familiar with they were so helpful before the wedding in helping me set up nail appointment, find a place for a fun pre wedding lunch, and even helping to organize a whole wedding flash mob. On the day of the wedding, I can not imagine what we would have done without them. From coordinating everyone through a timeline, to the bus shuttles, to dealing with the vendors, having them there made the day run so much more smoothly. The most important thing they did, was take care of everything so that my sister did not have to be stressed at all. It made the day so much more enjoyable for all of us because everything was just taken care of. I have never seen a calmer bride, and I believe that had a lot to do with Liza and Nicole. Plus on top of all that, they are just fun to be around :) I would definately use Lovely Girls to help take the stress out of your wedding day!
Wedding: 10/06/2012
 302-545-0412
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire