Lake Effect Entertainment

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lake Effect Entertainment recently provided the musical entertainment for our wedding. In one word. Unbelievable. Our DJ, Matt DeWitt, took the time to listen to us and form an understanding of what type of mood we wanted to convey at the reception. He was incredibly flexible and understanding to our needs, even going as far as playing songs off our iPhones which we were downloading during the reception (hard to find Greek music). Everyone we have spoken to said how much fun they had at the reception and how smooth the music transitioned into different segments of the evening. Thank Lake Effect!!

• Wedding: 02/18/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Matt was great! We never had to worry about the music! He made sure that the dinner started on time and worked well with the photographer and banquet manager. He did alot for us, and we are so thankful!!!

• Wedding: 08/13/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lake Effect Entertainment came recommended to us by close friends. They said all of they're guests danced all night long on their wedding day. That is exactly what I wanted for our wedding. Matt and Cody were both very professional and quick to respond to emails/phone calls. They have a great set-up for their equipment so that you hardly even notice it. Our guests danced all night long!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lake Effect Entertainment does an absolutely amazing job from start to finish. From the first time I contacted them, to the day of our wedding, they were wonderful to work with. They provided music for our ceremony as well as our reception. They made sure to know exactly what we wanted ahead of time, but were also extremely flexible through the entire thing. We had many last minute changes, some very big ones, but they made it seemless. Cody did such a fantastic job and made the day so easy for us. Not only did he play anything and everything we wanted, but he coordinated everything with our photographer and event hosts so that we could simply enjoy our day. We couldn't have picked a better DJ. Thank you so much!

• Wedding: 06/11/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lake Effect Entertainment was absolutely fantastic! They were very professional and made my life easier while planning a wedding. They had greeat ideas for someone like myself who is not very creative. They did everything I expected and there were absolutely no problems. Not only were they exceptionally pleasant, they were prompt to get back to me whether it was a phone appointment or email. I would recommend them to anybody planning a wedding.

• Wedding: 05/29/2011
Services Used: DJ, Officiant
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

I just got married on April 16, 2011. Hiring the perfect DJ was extremely high on my list of must-haves for my big day. From the moment I hired Lake Effect, I knew I had made the right decision. Matt was extremely professional and wanted to do what was best for our guests. We definitely had a big cultural mix and it was important that everyone had a good time. Matt, was absolutely amazing. The flow of my reception was absolutely perfect! Most of our guests danced the entire night. He did exactly what we asked, played wedding reception must-haves, while throwing in current songs as well as requests from the guests. He even let an Uncle stand with him the entire night "helping" DJ the event. I could not have written the night any better than how it turned out. I would recommend Lake Effect to anyone that asked!!

• Wedding: 04/16/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Matt and Cody did an excellent job with our dinner and reception music! Lake Effect is easy to work with, emails are answer promptly, and even available to meet before the wedding to go over music, style, etc. We loved their organized, easy going attitude, and it made the reception go smoothly! We will definitely be recommending Lake Effect to everyone we know!

• Wedding: 09/05/2010
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Matt at Lake Effect Entertainment was a pleasure to work with, I highly (highly!) recommend him for someone who is looking for a DJ for their wedding. He was reasonably priced, easy to get a hold of if I had questions, and made our wedding night stress free, at least in regards to the DJ. His mix of songs played was excellent and I received many compliments from guests that agreed. If you need a DJ for your wedding, Matt is your guy!

Dan
Chicago, IL

• Wedding: 07/24/2009
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our D.J. assisted in keeping the party going-right up until the end. He even played longer than the agreed upon time. He also had a good time!

• Wedding: 07/11/2009
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Matt took into account everything to provide the perfect music service. His professionalism and experience were very apparent. He played everything we requested and more. He had everyone on the dance floor from 8:30p to 1:00a. I have never seen a wedding reception where everyone was dancing the whole night. I have attended many many weddings and I can say the DJ can make or break your reception, Matt MADE our reception. I would reccomend him to anyone without any hessitation. I found it very easy to communicate with him, and he always promptly returned my phone calls. Several of our guests commented on how great he was. He even made some last minute adjustments to accomodate an elaborate best man speech.

• Wedding: 06/27/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lake Effect was great! They accomodated all of our requests well and were very professional dealing with us and our guests. They kept the reception moving and kept everyone dancing all night.

• Wedding: 05/23/2009