Kevin Colangelo Premiere Disc Jockeys and Photo Booth Rentals

4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Kevin was very knowledgeable and did a great job for our wedding. He made great choices and kept everyone on the dance floor enjoying themselves. We felt that music was one of the most important things for our reception and he delivered on that. He also was great with the special circumstances that we had involving our day. We also rented a Photo booth, everyone had a great time with it.
Wedding: 09/28/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We booked Kevin Colangelo as our wedding DJ and both my wife and myself couldn't have been happier with the entire process leading up to our big day and the reception itself. Kevin made himself available for pre-wedding consultations numerous times, and actually met with us at our reception venue a couple of times for planning beforehand. We noticed right away how personable, funny, pleasant an professional Kevin is. What he offers and does is so much more than previous wedding DJ, we have seen. To call Kevin a DJ almost seems inaccurate, as he is so much more. He had tons of ideas and input into our reception, a lot of little things that we would never have thought about. We had a large reception with approximately 300 guests. Kevin choreographed the entire night and made sure things were on time. He goes way above and beyond just DJ duties as he was running around keeping everything running smoothly. His DJ booth/setup and uplighting brought the room alive and added class and elegance to our reception. We had tons of compliments throughout our reception from our guests regarding how Kevin was the best DJ they had seen at a wedding. My wife and I both feel that Kevin is at a completely different level than most other DJ's, and would without a doubt recommend him for anybody's wedding reception. You won't be disappointed!
Wedding: 09/21/2013
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
He doesn't deserve ANY stars but that's not an option. A friend recommended that I use Kevin Colangelo. I would not say it was a favor. Leading up to the wedding he was very unprofessional; not answering/returning phone calls or emails, showing up late for meetings, and when he finally got around to it he always had an excuse (traffic, email hacked, sick). I emailed him in early January with a contractual discrepancy and resent it again in March because there was no response and even then he never responded. When I mentioned in an email to him that it was a problem he responded with a rude, condescending response. The day of the wedding I had other vendors complain about his lack of professionalism and his rude comments. My maid of honor planned a surprise flash mob and said that if she said he was challenging that would be putting it lightly. I came very close to looking for another DJ within the last 2 months but didn't want to deal with that hassel & we wouldn't been out $. I would NEVER wish what I dealt with on another bride. He was the #1 cause of stress in my wedding planning.
Wedding: 08/31/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We hired Kevin Colangelo Premeire Disc Jockeys a year in advance of our wedding and never looked back. Kevin attended the various vendor meetings gave us insight as to what exactly he would provide to the venue. He guided us in areas that we had questions and led us down the right path to providing spectacular ambiance. When it came to wedding day he provided not only music that kept the dance floor packed the entire time by "reading" our group - but he also set the mood with the fantastic up lighting throughout the entire room and dance floor. We also got the package which included the photo booth and our guests LOVED it!
We were delighted with everything.
Wedding: 09/29/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Absolutely amazing! Pleasure to work with! Great ideas!
Wedding: 09/15/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I could not be more satisfied with Kevin Colangelo Premiere Disk Jockeys! Right from the beginning Kevin proved to me they are not just DJ’s, but wedding professionals. I was really impressed with all the great advice he gave me, like how to set up the seating to better entertain our guest, and the right kind of lighting to use in our ballroom. I was even more impressed when I got the opportunity to use their online database to choose and browse songs! When I met with Tony, my DJ, he helped us set up a timeline of events to make the most of our reception time. At a lot of wedding I’ve been too, I find that the bride and groom are too busy to have fun at their reception. This was not the case for us. Tony took charge and kept everything running smoothly and on time. We did not have to worry about a thing! The dance floor was packed all night! I really loved his ability to read the crowd and play what pleased our guests, as well as accommodate or musical tastes and song requests. I would highly recommend Kevin Colangelo Premiere DJ’s for your special event!
Wedding: 09/08/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
kevin did an amazing job,stand up guy. You will not be disappointed with his service.
Wedding: 09/08/2012
3.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Kevin was great during the event itself, which was most important, but he was not responsive to emails/phone calls about questions that we had before the day of the wedding, which made the planning process more stressful on our end always trying to get a hold of him. He was also slightly unprofessional with other vendors in the sense that he was more blunt than he needed to be when trying to work out details. If he could perhaps hire an assistant to keep the record-keeping and contract writing under control, and was a bit nicer to other vendors, he would be perfect.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Kevin was extremely professional and came equipped with a huge level of knowledge and expertise. He successfully evaluated the crowd throughout the night and based his music choices accordingly. His equipment was top-notch and he was willing to customize our event based on our requests and preferences. Overall, we were very happy with our choice of DJ and would recommend Kevin to others in the future. Thanks!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
I would definitely recommend Kevin co Angelo to everybody I know . Our party was an amazing success. The party had everyone out if their chairs dancing and having fun. Our party was a family party on a Sunday afternoon and it felt like a Saturday night at the most popular club in town . Kevin is creative and listens to his clients and puts his whole heart into your party . I believe you would doing your party a disservice if you use anyone else.
Wedding: 08/19/2012
Services Used: DJ, Entertainer, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Kevin did an outstanding job at our wedding. He provides a first class DJ / emcee service at a generous price that we would recommend to anyone. In addition he helped make sure the entire event and ceremony went smoothly. All of our guests were very impressed. Well worth the money spent. Thanks Kevin!
Wedding: 06/23/2012
Services Used: DJ, Wedding Planning, Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Kevin made our wedding as wonderful and perfect as it was. He was so professional and courteous to us and our guests. From our very first meeting Kevin provided was some great ideas to make our wedding unique. Small little details that made such a difference. He helped us arrange tables to have a more even flow for the room. On the day of the wedding he took it upon himself to set things a certain way to create a very lovely atmosphere! The day was so much fun and he played great music to keep the crowd on the dance floor and he accommodated all our requests. We are so very happy to have used his service for our wedding!!!
Wedding: 10/23/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Kevin Colangelo was a fantastic DJ! From our first meeting we knew that our reception would be fantastic. Planning the music for the reception was a breeze with the online website. The forms were very easy and helpful. He also took a lot of time not just during our first meeting but also met with us at our venue a couple weeks prior to the wedding to go over floor plans, lighting etc.
We were both extremely pleased with his performance at our wedding. He was very attentive to the pace of the wedding and accommodated all of our music requests. The dance floor was NEVER empty! We have had multiple friends and family members compliment the music and stated that it was the BEST wedding reception that they had been to in years!
We highly recommend Kevin and his company to any of you looking to book a DJ!
Wedding: 09/16/2011
4.9/5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Kevin was extremely helpful with everything from wedding details and ideas to his photo booth, music, equipment and organization. He went above and beyond for us and really helped us have a better focus of what we wanted from the get go. His professionalism was over a 5.0, especially compared to other DJ's I've had experience with. You will not find one like him or his staff in this area! We highly recommend him for your wedding or event.
Wedding: 09/04/2011
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
Beware of the clause in Kevin's contract that states that he can change staff for matters beyond his control. Kevin uses that statement to outsource weddings he's contracted for. We hired Kevin one year before our wedding. We spent $1500 (Premium price)-- and purchased the Kevin Colangelo package --which 'guaranteed' HE would perform at our wedding. His name was even specifically typed into the contract. 3 weeks before our wedding, he came up with an excuse not to be able to perform at our wedding. Long story short, he outsourced our wedding to another DJ company. Two days before the wedding we were told that 2 young kids would be at our wedding. After the wedding Kevin, when we asked for 1/2 of our money back for Breach of Contract, Kevin admitted that didn't even know who showed up to DJ our wedding. We ended up taking him to court. The judge ruled in our favor. Kevin has still not paid us. We now have to get the sherrif's department to intervene
Wedding: 08/26/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I found Kevin online after being dissatisfied with my wedding planner's suggested DJ who made us feel like we didn't know what we wanted. Kevin listened to what I had to say and really took the time to understand the type of wedding party that we wanted to have. After going back and forth, and finally being resigned to the other DJ, I told Kevin that I wouldn't be needing his services.

I ended up calling Kevin back about 3 months before the wedding and not only did he remember me, but he hooked me up with Ross Brown, a fantastic DJ! The first time the DJ called he was so friendly and humble and was willing to do/play whatever we wanted. We made all the plans over the phone and actually met for the first time the day of the wedding. Our guests agreed that the DJ was one of the best parts about the wedding and Ross really kept the party going.

As for Kevin, I would highly recommend his service. He was cheaper than most DJs and the value of the service was incredible! It was almost too good to be true! Thanks Kevin!
Wedding: 05/22/2011
 888-291-6362
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire