Hotel ZaZa Houston

Hotel ZaZa Houston

Favorite
Houston, TX
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

This hotel by far exceeded my expectations in everyway. They went above and beyond our needs and made our day so special for us. Our guests were very pleased as well. I have no regrets with this place. I am so glad I had my wedding here. I want to have all future events here.

Recently Married

My partner and I selected the Hotel Zaza to host our wedding reception on July 11, 2015. We picked the Hotel Zaza because of its convenient and historic location, flare and great customer service during pats visits and stays. The Associate Director of Catering and Special Events, Lisa Hudson, created the ultimate planning and reception experience imaginable for our event. Ms. Hudson is energetic and professional. Ms. Hudson guided my partner and I through the maze of decisions and options. Her advice was invaluable and ultimately led to what I believe was the BEST wedding reception ever.

The guests at the reception continue to tell us about the savory food and drinks that were served. Ms. Hudson's staff was friendly, paid incredible attention to detail and made all the guests feel special that night. We cant's say enough about the Hotel Zaza and the exceptional experience we had at our reception. We stayed in one of the Themed Magnificent 7 Suites on our wedding night. The room was a big WOW!! Beautiful! After our reception, we returned to our suite to discover many nice amenities the hotel sent up to our room. I would highly recommend anyone planning any event to consider the Hotel Zaza and request to work with Ms. Hudson.

Jessica
11/08/2014

Wow, the Hotel Zaza is amazing! My wedding couldn't have been more perfect! Denise, the event planner, is amazing. Everything was set up exactly how I wanted it, and it was beautiful! The food was delicious, and the staff was very attentive. I would definitely recommend checking them out if you are looking for a wedding venue.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

We had our wedding at Hotel ZaZa last month and I could not have asked for anything better. We had our ceremony and reception at the venue and everything was perfect. The level of service they provide is incredible. We changed a few things that we wanted throughout the planning process and they were always more than accommodating. Denise Kalentzis was our contact person with the catering team, she was great and so sweet! We just could not have asked for anything better for that night

1+ year ago

We held the wedding reception for 150 guests, and Denise was our point of contact. She was fabulous! From the first moment we met her, she was like our very own personal assistant (even though there was another wedding that same night). Her service was flawless, as was the service of all the waitstaff and the kitchen. The cocktail hour around the pool was lovely, with beautiful lighting, service, and food and drinks. The food for our seated dinner was served fresh and hot, and white-gloved! Our glasses were kept full the entire night, and the bride and groom had their own personal butler looking after them the entire night - even to the fabulously huge beautiful honeymoon suite! I cannot say enough good about the reception and Denise and her staff.

Not so much the actual hotel, who hosted 40+ of our guests. From check-in to check-out, it was one big mess. Onsite staff that weekend was completely unapologetic and rude. I was appalled. Upper management did contact me later that week, apologized about their screw-up, and provided my husband and me and two guests a room and dinner to make amends. I appreciated it, but it did not make up for some pretty major problems during the wedding weekend. Don't recommend the hotel, but definitely the venue for a great wedding reception!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our experience having our wedding reception at Hotel Zaza was indescribable. A dream. We worked with Denise Kalentzis planning our event for 10 months and she was incredible the entire time-- so responsive, always positive and pleasant to talk to, and over the top accommodating (we had several family members who were gluten intolerant and she made sure that they were taken care of on the wedding day; we were also planning our wedding via distance and she set up a special menu tasting for us so that we could try everything the week that we were in town; there are probably dozens of other examples but those are the ones that stick out). The day of the wedding Denise and Martha totally blew us away-- they took such good care of us and really made sure our night turned out extra special. Alayna, who handled our hotel block, was amazing as well. The hotel itself is gorgeous and the space where we had our cocktail hour, reception and dance (Deja Vu and Hemingway Rooms) was so beautiful...I can't wait to see our pictures. All of our guests raved about how elegant everything was.
Zaza carries a bit of a price tag for events but we found it to be well worth it... we had our PERFECT day!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Could not have picked a better venue! Excellent service and loved working with the staff and Lisa.

2+ years ago

We were to get married outside but the heat was unbearable. So the concierge set up a beautiful room for us with champagne set up and strawberries. He also helped with the delivery of my cake and flowers and the Bishop. It was the most beautiful intimate wedding.

2+ years ago

Weddings at Zaza ROCK! Our event coordinator was amazing and so wonderful to work with. She worked side by side with our vendors and wedding coordinator to ensure a smooth wedding day and went above and beyond to make our wedding AMAZING!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

My husband and I met at Hotel Zaza so it was only right that we have our reception there. The staff and the food was wonderful. The wedding coordinator Lisa was so helpful. I couldn't have done it without her.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not begin to say enouch about Hotel ZAZA. The venue was outstanding. Lisa was amazing to work with and the staff went above and beyond to make sure that our day was special. The day of just seemed so magical and stress free. Everything looked amazing and it looked even more beautiful than what we had expected. The food was outstanding and we still have our guests talking about how awesome our venue was and how the staff was outstanding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not have asked for a better venue. The day of our reception was supposed to be stressful, but Zaza accommodated for everything! We had a private dinner prior to greeting our guests. Lisa Hudson, our liaison for the hotel was amazing and thought of everything. When small things came up that we did forget, they had a plan for everything. Nothing can go completely perfect on your wedding day, but I felt as though no one was the wiser. This place makes all your dreams come true! We love you hotel zaza!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough good things about our experience with ZaZa. They went above and beyond to make our wedding day amazing and make my husband and I feel special. The amount of thought that is put into every detail with this hotel is unreal. Ashley our catering manager was great to work with, she emailed me back within minutes with every question I had. They worked with us to be within our budget and I feel like we got an excellent value. I would highly recommend to venue to anyone looking for a high-end, one of a kind experience.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wow - Zaza made our event over the top special. Kristina was great to work with. The setting was gorgeous and the food was delicious. Our guests were in awe of both the cermony and party spaces. We love ZaZa.

Lacie
03/24/2012

This place is absolutely gorgeous, and is a fun twist on classic elegance. Not only was the hotel an attraction in itself for my wedding guests, but every possible interaction I had with ANY of the staff there was amazing. They really do a great job of making you feel like your a guest at their hotel.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We couldn't be happier with our decision to have our wedding ceremony and reception at Hotel ZaZa in the Phantom Ballroom. When looking for our wedding venue, we wanted to find one that was unique and stood out from the many other Houston wedding venues. Hotel ZaZa was it! I fell in love with it as soon as I walked in.

Kleibert Estrada was amazing! He was very responsive, professional and easy to work with. He understood what we wanted and made it happen.

We were given the Black Label Suite... it was so over the top... we loved it! Words can't express how fabulous that suite was!

The food was phenomenal. Many of our guests told us that the food served at our wedding (ginger beef tenderloin and seared sea bass) was THE best wedding food they have ever had. Their specialty cocktail drink (Bubble Berry) was also a huge hit with our guests.

We held our ceremony there which required a room flip for the reception and the hotel staff did it so quickly it was amazing how fast the room was transformed. Our guests also complimented on how great the banquet staff was as well.

We were also provided a personal waiter, Claudia, that stayed with us the entire night. Best idea ever. She made sure we were well taken care of. She always asked if we needed any food/drinks and made sure our drinks were always full and was on hand to hold our drinks for us while we took pictures, etc...

Hotel ZaZa definitely knows what they are doing!