Hotel ZaZa Houston

Flexibility:
 (4.7/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Our experience having our wedding reception at Hotel Zaza was indescribable. A dream. We worked with Denise Kalentzis planning our event for 10 months and she was incredible the entire time-- so responsive, always positive and pleasant to talk to, and over the top accommodating (we had several family members who were gluten intolerant and she made sure that they were taken care of on the wedding day; we were also planning our wedding via distance and she set up a special menu tasting for us so that we could try everything the week that we were in town; there are probably dozens of other examples but those are the ones that stick out). The day of the wedding Denise and Martha totally blew us away-- they took such good care of us and really made sure our night turned out extra special. Alayna, who handled our hotel block, was amazing as well. The hotel itself is gorgeous and the space where we had our cocktail hour, reception and dance (Deja Vu and Hemingway Rooms) was so beautiful...I can't wait to see our pictures. All of our guests raved about how elegant everything was.
Zaza carries a bit of a price tag for events but we found it to be well worth it... we had our PERFECT day!!
Wedding: 10/19/2013
4.6/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Could not have picked a better venue! Excellent service and loved working with the staff and Lisa.
Wedding: 07/06/2013

Private User 3 Reviews
We were to get married outside but the heat was unbearable. So the concierge set up a beautiful room for us with champagne set up and strawberries. He also helped with the delivery of my cake and flowers and the Bishop. It was the most beautiful intimate wedding.
Wedding: Recently Married

Private User 7 Reviews
Weddings at Zaza ROCK! Our event coordinator was amazing and so wonderful to work with. She worked side by side with our vendors and wedding coordinator to ensure a smooth wedding day and went above and beyond to make our wedding AMAZING!
Wedding: Recently Married

Anonymous 5 Reviews
My husband and I met at Hotel Zaza so it was only right that we have our reception there. The staff and the food was wonderful. The wedding coordinator Lisa was so helpful. I couldn't have done it without her.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I could not begin to say enouch about Hotel ZAZA. The venue was outstanding. Lisa was amazing to work with and the staff went above and beyond to make sure that our day was special. The day of just seemed so magical and stress free. Everything looked amazing and it looked even more beautiful than what we had expected. The food was outstanding and we still have our guests talking about how awesome our venue was and how the staff was outstanding.
Wedding: 11/10/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I could not have asked for a better venue. The day of our reception was supposed to be stressful, but Zaza accommodated for everything! We had a private dinner prior to greeting our guests. Lisa Hudson, our liaison for the hotel was amazing and thought of everything. When small things came up that we did forget, they had a plan for everything. Nothing can go completely perfect on your wedding day, but I felt as though no one was the wiser. This place makes all your dreams come true! We love you hotel zaza!
Wedding: 09/15/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I cannot say enough good things about our experience with ZaZa. They went above and beyond to make our wedding day amazing and make my husband and I feel special. The amount of thought that is put into every detail with this hotel is unreal. Ashley our catering manager was great to work with, she emailed me back within minutes with every question I had. They worked with us to be within our budget and I feel like we got an excellent value. I would highly recommend to venue to anyone looking for a high-end, one of a kind experience.
Wedding: 04/14/2012

Lacie 5 Reviews
This place is absolutely gorgeous, and is a fun twist on classic elegance. Not only was the hotel an attraction in itself for my wedding guests, but every possible interaction I had with ANY of the staff there was amazing. They really do a great job of making you feel like your a guest at their hotel.
Wedding: 03/24/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Wow - Zaza made our event over the top special. Kristina was great to work with. The setting was gorgeous and the food was delicious. Our guests were in awe of both the cermony and party spaces. We love ZaZa.
Wedding: 03/24/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We couldn't be happier with our decision to have our wedding ceremony and reception at Hotel ZaZa in the Phantom Ballroom. When looking for our wedding venue, we wanted to find one that was unique and stood out from the many other Houston wedding venues. Hotel ZaZa was it! I fell in love with it as soon as I walked in.

Kleibert Estrada was amazing! He was very responsive, professional and easy to work with. He understood what we wanted and made it happen.

We were given the Black Label Suite... it was so over the top... we loved it! Words can't express how fabulous that suite was!

The food was phenomenal. Many of our guests told us that the food served at our wedding (ginger beef tenderloin and seared sea bass) was THE best wedding food they have ever had. Their specialty cocktail drink (Bubble Berry) was also a huge hit with our guests.

We held our ceremony there which required a room flip for the reception and the hotel staff did it so quickly it was amazing how fast the room was transformed. Our guests also complimented on how great the banquet staff was as well.

We were also provided a personal waiter, Claudia, that stayed with us the entire night. Best idea ever. She made sure we were well taken care of. She always asked if we needed any food/drinks and made sure our drinks were always full and was on hand to hold our drinks for us while we took pictures, etc...

Hotel ZaZa definitely knows what they are doing!
Wedding: 11/05/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I choose Zaza for the venue because of its grand style. It is so beautiful itself it was a no brainer for the venue. Kristina Opp my wedding coordinator there was amazing. We did a martini teir on the piano that was fabulous, she changed the color of the chandelier to match our colors. I had my own helper that followed me around all night and held my wine. I never had to grab my purse or get a drink, she took care of all of it. The food was pretty good and the service was a "10". The only thing I was a little upset about was that I had put my boutique and my bridesmaids boutique on the cake table. I never saw them again. No one brought it up to my room or kept it for me so I guess it was thrown away. I literally held it for 15min and never saw it again :( It was a fabulous evening non the less and the service like I said was fabulous. The room was great and huge for getting ready in, we stayed the night before and I highly recommend it. I wished I could to it again (but on someone else's dollar... lol) I highly recommend having your wedding there. I didn't have the ballroom and was a little concerned about how the 2 rooms were going to work out. It actually worked out perfect. Whomever wanted to dance hung out in the dejavu room and the guest that wanted to chat and sit hung out in the hemmingway room. I had 115 quest attend, and it was very comfortable. I would not recommend more than about 120 for that space. It was very memorable and I am very happy I chose it for my wedding.
Wedding: 09/18/2010
4.6/5.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
THE Place to get married in Houston! Everything was impeccable - from the assistance Lisa Hudson gave us while planning, to the AMAZING service the waitstaff gave our guests, and the great ambiance of the hotel.
Wedding: 07/16/2010
4.5/5.0
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
This review is actually for Hotel Zaza in Houston. This is a wonderful place to have a wedding reception - the service is amazing, the decor is soooo "cool", the food is delicious and all guests raved about the accomodations. That said, it's not cheap but still a good value. Only watch out - understand the extras during preliminary discussions. For example all parking is valet and is $12/car for the event and $21/night (we hadn't thought of this when we booked this venue and thus this was an extra expense we had to cover for our guests).
Wedding: 05/02/2009
4.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  3.5
Hotel Zaza was an amazing place to have a wedding! Just to let future brides know....ask if you can get married there too rather than just have a reception there! It is totally possible and my planner did not let me know about it! Zaza is a beautiful venue. Phenomenal food! You really get your money's worth at Zaza!
Wedding: 11/08/2008
Services Used: Catering, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Hotel ZaZa was exemplary and offered tremendous value for the price. The hotel was beautiful and all of my guests felt at home. The hotel has a unique and intimate environment. I truly felt it was memorable and magical. I highly recommend this as a wonderful choice for a wedding venue.
Wedding: 12/30/2007
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
 888-880-3244
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire