Hotel ZaZa Houston

(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.7 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wow, the Hotel Zaza is amazing! My wedding couldn't have been more perfect! Denise, the event planner, is amazing. Everything was set up exactly how I wanted it, and it was beautiful! The food was delicious, and the staff was very attentive. I would definitely recommend checking them out if you are looking for a wedding venue.

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

We had our wedding at Hotel ZaZa last month and I could not have asked for anything better. We had our ceremony and reception at the venue and everything was perfect. The level of service they provide is incredible. We changed a few things that we wanted throughout the planning process and they were always more than accommodating. Denise Kalentzis was our contact person with the catering team, she was great and so sweet! We just could not have asked for anything better for that night

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We held the wedding reception for 150 guests, and Denise was our point of contact. She was fabulous! From the first moment we met her, she was like our very own personal assistant (even though there was another wedding that same night). Her service was flawless, as was the service of all the waitstaff and the kitchen. The cocktail hour around the pool was lovely, with beautiful lighting, service, and food and drinks. The food for our seated dinner was served fresh and hot, and white-gloved! Our glasses were kept full the entire night, and the bride and groom had their own personal butler looking after them the entire night - even to the fabulously huge beautiful honeymoon suite! I cannot say enough good about the reception and Denise and her staff.

Not so much the actual hotel, who hosted 40+ of our guests. From check-in to check-out, it was one big mess. Onsite staff that weekend was completely unapologetic and rude. I was appalled. Upper management did contact me later that week, apologized about their screw-up, and provided my husband and me and two guests a room and dinner to make amends. I appreciated it, but it did not make up for some pretty major problems during the wedding weekend. Don't recommend the hotel, but definitely the venue for a great wedding reception!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Our experience having our wedding reception at Hotel Zaza was indescribable. A dream. We worked with Denise Kalentzis planning our event for 10 months and she was incredible the entire time-- so responsive, always positive and pleasant to talk to, and over the top accommodating (we had several family members who were gluten intolerant and she made sure that they were taken care of on the wedding day; we were also planning our wedding via distance and she set up a special menu tasting for us so that we could try everything the week that we were in town; there are probably dozens of other examples but those are the ones that stick out). The day of the wedding Denise and Martha totally blew us away-- they took such good care of us and really made sure our night turned out extra special. Alayna, who handled our hotel block, was amazing as well. The hotel itself is gorgeous and the space where we had our cocktail hour, reception and dance (Deja Vu and Hemingway Rooms) was so beautiful...I can't wait to see our pictures. All of our guests raved about how elegant everything was.
Zaza carries a bit of a price tag for events but we found it to be well worth it... we had our PERFECT day!!

• Wedding: 10/19/2013
4.6/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Could not have picked a better venue! Excellent service and loved working with the staff and Lisa.

• Wedding: 07/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were to get married outside but the heat was unbearable. So the concierge set up a beautiful room for us with champagne set up and strawberries. He also helped with the delivery of my cake and flowers and the Bishop. It was the most beautiful intimate wedding.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Weddings at Zaza ROCK! Our event coordinator was amazing and so wonderful to work with. She worked side by side with our vendors and wedding coordinator to ensure a smooth wedding day and went above and beyond to make our wedding AMAZING!

• Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I met at Hotel Zaza so it was only right that we have our reception there. The staff and the food was wonderful. The wedding coordinator Lisa was so helpful. I couldn't have done it without her.

Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I could not begin to say enouch about Hotel ZAZA. The venue was outstanding. Lisa was amazing to work with and the staff went above and beyond to make sure that our day was special. The day of just seemed so magical and stress free. Everything looked amazing and it looked even more beautiful than what we had expected. The food was outstanding and we still have our guests talking about how awesome our venue was and how the staff was outstanding.

• Wedding: 11/10/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I could not have asked for a better venue. The day of our reception was supposed to be stressful, but Zaza accommodated for everything! We had a private dinner prior to greeting our guests. Lisa Hudson, our liaison for the hotel was amazing and thought of everything. When small things came up that we did forget, they had a plan for everything. Nothing can go completely perfect on your wedding day, but I felt as though no one was the wiser. This place makes all your dreams come true! We love you hotel zaza!

• Wedding: 09/15/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough good things about our experience with ZaZa. They went above and beyond to make our wedding day amazing and make my husband and I feel special. The amount of thought that is put into every detail with this hotel is unreal. Ashley our catering manager was great to work with, she emailed me back within minutes with every question I had. They worked with us to be within our budget and I feel like we got an excellent value. I would highly recommend to venue to anyone looking for a high-end, one of a kind experience.

• Wedding: 04/14/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wow - Zaza made our event over the top special. Kristina was great to work with. The setting was gorgeous and the food was delicious. Our guests were in awe of both the cermony and party spaces. We love ZaZa.

• Wedding: 03/24/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This place is absolutely gorgeous, and is a fun twist on classic elegance. Not only was the hotel an attraction in itself for my wedding guests, but every possible interaction I had with ANY of the staff there was amazing. They really do a great job of making you feel like your a guest at their hotel.

• Wedding: 03/24/2012
Lacie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We couldn't be happier with our decision to have our wedding ceremony and reception at Hotel ZaZa in the Phantom Ballroom. When looking for our wedding venue, we wanted to find one that was unique and stood out from the many other Houston wedding venues. Hotel ZaZa was it! I fell in love with it as soon as I walked in.

Kleibert Estrada was amazing! He was very responsive, professional and easy to work with. He understood what we wanted and made it happen.

We were given the Black Label Suite... it was so over the top... we loved it! Words can't express how fabulous that suite was!

The food was phenomenal. Many of our guests told us that the food served at our wedding (ginger beef tenderloin and seared sea bass) was THE best wedding food they have ever had. Their specialty cocktail drink (Bubble Berry) was also a huge hit with our guests.

We held our ceremony there which required a room flip for the reception and the hotel staff did it so quickly it was amazing how fast the room was transformed. Our guests also complimented on how great the banquet staff was as well.

We were also provided a personal waiter, Claudia, that stayed with us the entire night. Best idea ever. She made sure we were well taken care of. She always asked if we needed any food/drinks and made sure our drinks were always full and was on hand to hold our drinks for us while we took pictures, etc...

Hotel ZaZa definitely knows what they are doing!

• Wedding: 11/05/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I choose Zaza for the venue because of its grand style. It is so beautiful itself it was a no brainer for the venue. Kristina Opp my wedding coordinator there was amazing. We did a martini teir on the piano that was fabulous, she changed the color of the chandelier to match our colors. I had my own helper that followed me around all night and held my wine. I never had to grab my purse or get a drink, she took care of all of it. The food was pretty good and the service was a "10". The only thing I was a little upset about was that I had put my boutique and my bridesmaids boutique on the cake table. I never saw them again. No one brought it up to my room or kept it for me so I guess it was thrown away. I literally held it for 15min and never saw it again :( It was a fabulous evening non the less and the service like I said was fabulous. The room was great and huge for getting ready in, we stayed the night before and I highly recommend it. I wished I could to it again (but on someone else's dollar... lol) I highly recommend having your wedding there. I didn't have the ballroom and was a little concerned about how the 2 rooms were going to work out. It actually worked out perfect. Whomever wanted to dance hung out in the dejavu room and the guest that wanted to chat and sit hung out in the hemmingway room. I had 115 quest attend, and it was very comfortable. I would not recommend more than about 120 for that space. It was very memorable and I am very happy I chose it for my wedding.

• Wedding: 09/18/2010
4.6/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

THE Place to get married in Houston! Everything was impeccable - from the assistance Lisa Hudson gave us while planning, to the AMAZING service the waitstaff gave our guests, and the great ambiance of the hotel.

• Wedding: 07/16/2010
888-880-3244
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire