Fab Weddings on a Budget

(4.8 / 5.0)
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I found Fab Weddings while doing online research as I was traveling to the St Paul/Minneapolis area for my wedding. What a great idea to have a type of one stop shop to plan your wedding! I booked the cake, flowers, and an officiant through Fab Weddings, and I am incredibly satisfied with them. My review would have been a 5, but I did have a bit of a problem/confusion with what I ordered HOWEVER, Fab Weddings was so professional - they corrected the error and everything was smooth sailing after that. I would really recommend them - great experience. : )

• Wedding: 10/03/2014
Services Used: Flowers, Officiant
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Heather, of the floral team at Fab Weddings, was fantastic. She heard me out via e-mail (my communication preference) endlessly until I finally made up my mind and my flowers were GORGEOUS. I'm not sure if this is common knowledge that I didn't have I just would have wanted to know that the boutonniere's would open up during the day (maybe it's weather dependent?).

George Maverick is a saint. We started working with him directly as we didn't feel a connection with the primary Fab Weddings salesperson and he truly made our day amazing. After communicating with him for a few months regarding our reception we asked him to be our officiant and he was a perfect choice! He was smooth, professional AND fun, plus he made sure we knew exactly what we were doing from walking down the "aisle" to our exit. For the reception, we frequently e-mailed and eventually had a meeting with George for some final wedding planning and overstayed our appointment time by an hour and he never blinked an eye. When, at one point, I became a little stressed with preparation as we got closer to the wedding he called and asked if we wanted to meet with him and go over the details again. Very accommodating and reassuring... and very patient with me!

Our reception at Rosehenge Hall was AMAZING. It looked beautiful (and it was setup exactly how I envisioned it thanks to Tameka and her crew!) and our guests were impressed. Any minor bumps we ran into during the night were quickly made up for and we just had the best time. Not to mention - we couldn't beat the package and it's price tag.

Photobooth - a guest favorite! Our only glitch was that it ran out of toner a few hours into the night and it seems that the replenishment process was not properly explained to all attendants at the hall so it took a while to get back up and running. Still, our guests loved it and had a blast! I do wish we could have personalized our photo strips a little bit more - but awesome nonetheless.

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Officiant, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough good things about Fab Weddings - our wedding was perfect!! Maureen was wonderful to work with on the back-end planning prior to the wedding. She took the time to conduct several tours of the venues for my husband and I - and then for me, my mom, and 2 personal assistants. George was amazing - he was professional, warm, fun, and very on top of every detail - he made the experience a true joy. The venues are gorgeous and I loved how the chapel could be held as a back-up to the garden in case of inclement weather the day of the wedding. Anytime I had a question during the year plus that I was in contact with Maureen & George, I received a quick response that was always helpful and conveyed that they truly cared about my wedding being exactly what I wanted. And it was!! The garden venue is gorgeous!! All of my guests commented on it. The cottage for the bridal party to get ready in was absolutely perfect and all of the spots on the grounds for photo ops were perfect. Tameka and Laura were wonderful to work with at the hall - making sure every detail of the reception was perfect - and again it was!! They also were caring and took the time to get to know us. Bill Young the dj was awesome and kept the party going!! Overall my husband and I were blown away by Fab Weddings. My family and I truly feel that George and the rest of the team are now lifelong friends who went above and beyond to make our wedding day special.

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a wedding in Cindyrella's Garden, followed by cake and appetizers at the chapel. Everything was beautiful! The garden has lots of great spots for pictures, some good seating under trees for people to gather and chat before the ceremony starts, and of course the ceremony area is just gorgeous!

I was happily surprised at the decorations they added to the reception space. I knew they were providing table linens and sashes for the chair backs, in the colors we wanted - but when I walked in and saw the fishbowls with floating candles, some glitter floral strands, and that our table had glowing lights, I was thrilled! It was just right to add a nice look without going overboard.

The food was great, too. Gina from Farmington Bakery did a great job with our cake. I am not sure what company handled the appetizers, but their stuffed mushrooms especially are delicious, and everyone else must have thought so, too, since there were barely any leftovers! My mom loved the sparkling pear juice that they picked as well and wants to get some for her own parties.

All in all, I am so happy we went with Fab Weddings :)

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Wedding Cake
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Joan Brochman was my photographer and I must say she impressed me. She knew I was nervous about how much time we had to get all the shots in and she stepped up and took charge of all the scatterbrained people in my wedding party and we got all the shots before sunset. She was nice, funny and a joy to work with. I have not even seen the photos yet but I know they will be amazing! (If not, I will update my review Hahaha)

Reverand Strand was our officiant. He was nice, showed up on time and ready to go. My venue gave him a dead microphone so he had to yell the whole ceremony but he did great. His voice carries well! He also has a good sense of humor, and made the whole nervous event just splendid!

Fab Weddings as a whole has been wonderful to me through out the entire planning process. I planned my wedding in MN while living in Oregon and it was tough, but they were always there for my panicked calls to answer my questions kindly and patiently.

You guys played a huge role in my wedding, and truly made it fabulous! Thank you!

Desirae and Tim

Services Used: Officiant, Photography
  • Flexibility: 5.0

These guys did an excellent job! I found them through Weddingwire and was a little apprehensive at first when I heard the name of the company on the website, budgetweddings.com. Soooo glad I took the time to browse their info and give them a call!
We used Rev Schaal and he was so amazing. Our ceremony was absolutely perfect. We still have friends and family tell us how much they enjoyed it because he kept it light, personal and fun!
I highly recommend this company for your wedding!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Planning
4.9/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a fabulous fun family wedding that was completely stress free!
Guests liked that the chapel was nice, quaint, clean, decorated but not too formal. Your service was touching (and not too long). Families liked that they were allowed to have individual family photos. We had a great day. Steve and I loved the simplicity of it all - we didn't have to do anything but send a check and show up. Your staff were very helpful and answered all our questions.

It was a great day!

If anyone asks, I will highly recommend your chapel and packages.

• Wedding: 07/20/2013
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant, Photography
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I refuse to skip reviewing this venue simply because it was everything we wanted/needed for our day. We wanted a true elopement with a simple ceremony and tons of pictures - something you can't get in a courthouse! Maureen (customer service) was always extremely quick to respond to any question I had via email (my first choice in contact!) and set everything up exactly how we wanted it. Danielle - there can't be enough good things said about her! She looked through my Pinterest album of photos I adored and put her own spin on them. I loved the way she took control to get things done, otherwise we would still be there trying to figure it out! Rev. Strand was so sweet; he read the script exactly how we wanted it - short, sweet, and to the point - and was very enthusiastic about it. Venue was beautiful, despite the late winter Minnesota weather (snow in late April!). Both my new groom and I left feeling completely fulfilled as our expectations had been reached and in some ways exceeded! We truly cannot thank them enough - so every where will hear from us how highly we recommend FAB Weddings! -Bri & Matt

Services Used: Officiant, Photography
Anonymous
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What can I say, the grounds are absolutely beautiful. Even in late October. They had pumpkins laid out which was very fitting for what we wanted. George did a great job officiating and everything went incredibly smooth.

• Wedding: 10/27/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had Reverand Scully as our officiant on Saturday October 13th and he was awesome. All the email's I sent were answered in a very timely manner and everyone was always really nice. Their pricing is really good and fairly priced compared to some other companies. My only tip is to make sure to go over names before to make sure they are pronounced correctly. The website they use to create your ceremony is amazing, this is a awesome way to do this as we got to have it exactly how we wanted it!

• Wedding: 10/13/2012
3.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Our ceremony went well except for a couple of minor issues. One was that the officiant accidentally called the groom the wrong name a couple of times! He also spoke so quietly, I was worried no one could hear the ceremony. Fortunately, we rented a mic, so people could hear him. I was worried about it until I saw the video of the ceremony a few days later. I would recommend meeting the officiant in person before booking him/her.

Fab Weddings on a Budget responded with the following comments:

Dear Erica,
I million apologies for the name mishap. However, speaking loudly in a an amplified microphone would result in discomfort for the guests... I do not see how choosing the right voice loudness for the circumstances was a problem. When speaking in a mic, we listen and adjust to circumstance (crying babies, planes, cars, etc.) Further, while I could see how one might give a low rating on quality of service, given the mistake, or the value, if you feel the service lost its value in light of the said mistake (but why rate the officiant so harshly on the professionalism or flexibility or responsiveness)? Did we perform the ceremony you wanted? Did we answer all your questions? Beyond getting flustered and using the wrong name, were there other problems?

• Wedding: 08/03/2012
Erica
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had Cindy of Fab Weddings do our photos & couldn't be more happy! Out of 250 photos, not one is bad! Great service for an unbelievable price! I would recommend Fab Weddings, even if you're not on a budget.

• Wedding: 09/23/2011
Services Used: Photography
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had Rev. Dave Schaal of Fab Weddings officiate our ceremony and he did a wonderful job. Our thanks to him sums up my review:

Dave and I really appreciated your officiating our wedding. The greatest thing that you did was to take the time to understand our relationship and our vision for a perfect wedding and marriage and then communicate this understanding to our guests during the ceremony. We feel that you spoke of everything that we had been hoping to show as important: including family and friends, creating the experience for everyone, crafting our lives as a piece of art. Your "words of wisdom" portion of the ceremony was one of our favorite moments of the day because the summary of the event was so in tune with what we had in mind preparing for that day. We also are extremely grateful for the joy and enthusiasm that you brought to our event - your joy filled face shows up in many of our pictures of the ceremony. We received so many compliments of "best ceremony ever" and this could not have happened without you. Thank you so much.

It was perfect!

• Wedding: 08/13/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rev. George Maverick officiated our ceremony at Cindyrella's Garden, and he was fantastic. We booked the ceremony in October for a July wedding and had no problems with communication throughout that time. Rev. Maverick and Maureen are extremely flexible, easy to work with, and fun! We loved our time spent at the garden!

• Wedding: 07/30/2011
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Officiant
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were so thrilled to have Cindy Bai as our wedding photographer! We can't imagine the day without her!

Our day started with flawless group wedding photos. Cindy was perfect at maneuvering our family and friends for the photos - being firm and keeping the photos moving in a timely fashion, while keeping it fun and oh so special! She moved effortlessly during our ceremony & reception to capture hundreds of photos that will be special to us forever. Even though she had never done a Jewish wedding before, we let her know what guidepoints in the service to look for (breaking of the glass, etc), and she did a perfect job capturing all the important moments. The engagement photo session that came with our package at the Fab Weddings estate in Rosemount was really stunning as well.

I have recommended her to numerous friends, and will continue to do so! Thanks so much Cindy and Fab Weddings!

• Wedding: 07/10/2011
Services Used: Photography
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our officiant was ontime and did a great job at our ceremony! He even helped us with writing our vows a few weeks before the wedding!

• Wedding: 06/24/2011
952-938-0778
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7