Diamond Nexus

3.5
Value
Flexibility
1.5

My son ordered a ring from diamond nexus to propose to his fiancé during the holiday season and so far it has been a nightmare. If the quality of the ring is anything like the processing and the shipping of the ring then we are in trouble! The many troubles we’ve had are too numerous to go into but the biggest problem is the shipping date. I’m the one that ordered the ring for my son due to his busy schedule.

First of all, the ring was supposed to have been ready by December 26th and ship out December 27th with overnight mail but now I’m learning that’s not the case. When I called in to question the December 31st date that was finally emailed to me in my confirmation order, the representative agreed it was a mistake but the ring would be ready on December 27th not the 26th due to the December 25th closing. Fair enough I said ok.

However, after calling back to see if the date was changed as promised I was told that it wasn’t. Even worse, I was told that the December 31st date was correct because the company was closed December 24th and 25th plus the order did not process the same day even though it was made before 2:00 pm Central time as noted on their website. I wish they had mentioned this when I was ordering! I would have probably shopped elsewhere!

Oh and to make matters worse, she said there is no UPS on January 1st so the ring won’t even get here in time for a New Year’s Day engagement! So disappointed! I wish my son had ordered from somewhere else. He may just buy a ring from a local jeweler and return this ring when it finally arrives because when it comes to a proposal, timing is everything and right now, the timing may be ruined!

Recently Married

I bought two rings from this company, and I have been nothing but impressed. My fiance wanted an emerald center stone for her engagement ring, but a jeweler told her that could be a bad choice for daily wear due to the soft stone. I began looking for green diamonds, and found Diamond Nexus searching for those stones.
I had them create 2 custom rings (wedding band & engagement ring), using mostly mined diamonds from an heirloom ring. I'm sure we were a pain to work with (as we made tons of changes!), but they were great through the whole process. Their CAD design was wonderful, and the rings were gorgeous. Due to their replacement process, we ended up going with an emerald, since that had the true color my fiance wanted. We ended up using just one of their small diamond simulants to even out the wring balance (and I cannot tell it apart from the mined diamond they matched it to!) as well as their emerald; the rest of the stones I provided.
Their gold designer did a WONDERFUL job, and my fiance is thrilled with the rings. They also told me that it was a new experience for them doing a custom piece with heirloom stones, but we couldn't be happier with the results!
We discussed just buying the stones from them, and having a local jeweler create the ring, but the DN service made us use them. The CAD design made designing very easy, and the warranty on the ring for future service is outstanding!
We had multiple contacts at the company through this long & detailed custom process, and all of them were great. They looked out for us to save us the most money possible (choosing the best deal/sale available), and billing was simple. Finally, the ring was finished early, and shipped/received before the estimated receipt date! I would definitely order from them in the future, and would recommend them to anyone!
PS. We have had the rings for a few months now, she wears them daily, and we have had NO issues with loose settings, cloudy stones, or tarnished gold. GREAT!!!

0.5

I ordered a size 9 Ulyssa engagement ring for my fiancé. I received a ring and found that the ring didn't fit as well as it should have. Fast forward to now, 2 months from our wedding, and I'm ordering the wedding band. I decide that the 1.5x buy up plan would be a good fit for me to get the ring the correct size. Up until this time, I had assumed I had just ordered the wrong ring size, but upon further investigation, we found that my fiancés finger is in fact a size 9, the ring the sent us originally was a size 10.

I tried contacting their customer service via telephone. I waited on hold for 30 minutes, and then decided to take advantage of the "press 0 and get a call back" service that they advertise on their pre-recorded message. I waited for 7 hours, after the message told me that my spot in line would not be compromised by this, and still never received a call. Slightly frustrated,

I used their chat service and spoke with a "Lucy." I explained the situation and she informed me that I needed to send the ring in and that I may or may not be charged for that. I asked for a guarantee that I wouldn't be charged and she informed me couldn't do that. I asked to speak with a supervisor, she told me that there was only 1 supervisor in the entire company and that they wouldn't be back until Monday, 4 days from the day I was contacting them. I called foul play on her and asked to please let me contact a supervisor. She again told me that there was only one person that was above her in the company and that no one else could help me at this time. She told then ended the chat prematurely telling me: "I'm not going to argue with you. If you don't like it, contact Michelle on Monday."

Since doing business with them as well, I have found that they are also currently in a law suit that states they might not even be selling legitimate diamonds. If the allegations are true, they are actually CZ's. Food for thought.

3.6

Although Diamond Nexus is professional and responsive, the value of the rings leave much to be desired. These diamond stimulants are about as much as buying real diamonds.

Services Used: Jewelry

I was incredibly pleased with the service - the earrings I received were spectacular. I showed to a fairly "snobby" friend and she thought they were real.
I had to return as they were actually to big. The return process was a breeze and credit was put back on my card in 3 business days.
VERY SATISIFED.

0.5

I don't normally write negative reviews but getting the Mina ring was the worst mistake ever. It is a gorgeous ring but I don't think it can even last until my August wedding. I had it repaired after the first couple of months owning it and they tried to give it back to me with a different stone missing. Now two more stones fell out! The integrity of this ring has been so severely compromised that I'm waiting until closer to the wedding to get it fixed. I'm actually considering not wearing it until the wedding day, to avoid the embarrassment of stones missing on my wedding day. What a headache.

4.3

A week after my fiancé asked that I show him what kind of ring I wanted the movie Blood Diamond came on HBO. I was horrified at the thought of wearing a diamond that someone had to die for. I immediately stopped my search for a real diamond and looked for alternatives. I looked at mossanite, cubic zirconia, man made diamonds. Companies have good/bad reviews; most alternatives had pros/cons. The thing I like about DN is they have an actual store and a number to speak to someone. I never understood who pays thousands of dollars to a company that only provided an email address to contact. On a trip to Chicago I visited the Schaumburg store and was blown away.. The jewelry was flawless and the sales staff was extremely helpful. I tried on rings to decide the style and color of gold I wanted, and get sized. However, I just did not see "my" ring on that visit. Eventually I did pick a ring from the website and informed the Mr. On the day of my engagement, I was amazed at how beautiful my ring was. It is perfection. The center stone is less than a carat but because it is surrounded by a halo it looks huge. The intricate details on the band are more beautiful that any website photo or video will show you. I get so many compliments, even from men, about how beautiful and unique the ring is. It really is stunning and it is a ring that probably would have cost 5x what he paid for it. Now we have more money for the wedding, honeymoon, and a house. I am disappointed that it didn't come with a band and custom jewelry at DN isnt cheap. However, there are several bands that may work with and on my next visit to Chicago I plan to visit the store again. DN does not sensor its reviews so I suggest any man or woman planning to purchase read ALL of the reviews. Customers are really honest and when spending this type of money on something so special you have to make an informed purchase. It’s been 5 months and I still love my ring and have had no problems.

0.0

I ordered a size 5 ring and received a size 6. DN refused to replace or correct their mistake. Very disappointed with Customer Service! While the ring looks nice they will not send the item I ordered as a replacement. They want me to ship the item back at my cost and modify the ring they sent me. Oh, and they want me to wait for the standard 7 to 10 business days once they receive it. That will end up being almost three weeks! I will never order from they again as the "triple" guarantee is worth zero is they wont correct their own screw-up!

Diamond Nexus responded with the following comments:

Hello, My name is Jennifer London and I am the Social Media Coordinator for Diamond Nexus. I want to reach out to you after reading your review and offer my assistance. We do guarantee all regular purchases on our site with a full 30 day money back guarantee and exchange policy. However, items sold through our E-Steals clearance are sized and cannot be altered in any way so they are sold as is. Your review makes me think that perhaps you had purchased something that cannot be sized as it is premade. All regular orders are made per order and will be able to be even exchanged for other sizes, provided you pay for the shipping charges outside of the first 30 days of purchase. E-Steals cannot be even exchanged but can be traded through our 1.5 times trade up program.This would mean that a new ring would be put into production for you and this does take 7-10 business days, as all rings are made as ordered unless being sold through clearance. I would need your order number to look into this for you to see what had happened and how we can help you if you email me at jennifer.london@diamondnexus.com I would be more than happy to assist you. I look forward to speaking with you soon. Warmest Regards, Jennifer London, Social Media Coordinator, Diamond Nexus.

3.2

My fiancee purchased a beautiful ring from DN... after 2 weeks of wearing the ring I developed a horrible rash on my finger. I called and was advised it was probably because I was not drying under the ring properly and water and germs were getting trapped. After several months of this issue it is not any better and I cannot wear my ring. DN provided no type of resolution to try and help with my situation. Their solution was to purchase a higher quality metal! All I want it to be able to wear my ring with no issues.......

Crystal-
We are so sorry to hear that you had, what seems to be, an allergic reaction to the metal. We don't know your order or what type of metal that you currently have, but suspect that it's white gold. It could be a reaction to either the rhodium plating or the gold itself. This is actually fairly common and many people don't realize it until they have a piece that they wear everyday-like an engagement ring. We sincerely apologize that you don't feel fully taken care of and look forward to working with you to find a resolution. Our Customer Service Coordinator Michelle has been briefed on your ring issues and looks forward to hearing from you. She can be reached at michelle.edwards@diamondnexus.com

Services Used: Jewelry

My name is Travis, 31, from indiana. My girlfriend and I have been looking at rings for awhile (5 months ugh..) and trying to find a ring that is both beautiful and financially responsible. Some of you are probably laughing as you know its nearly impossible!

After alot, I mean alot, of frustration my girlfriend out of the blue brought up lab created diamonds. I had never heard of them and was skeptical. beyond skeptical. We talked about it, did some research, saw some bad reviews of diamond nexus, saw some good reviews of diamond nexus and in the end we decided to drive to the diamond nexus store located in Chicago to take a look at them in person and judge for ourselves.

I've been visiting jewelry stores for 5 months, with and without, my girlfriend and probably have held somewhere around 2000 rings in my hand. I was pretty sure I could tell a quality difference in the stone and also the ring itself.....I couldn't. I thought if I breathed hot air on the diamond nexus stone it would fog up like a CZ.....it didn't. I thought the mined diamond ring we borrowed from a family member to compare to the diamond nexus would blow the diamond nexus away......it didn't....actually looked idendtical and on top of that the platinum band on the family members band looked cheap compared to the diamond nexus white gold band. We left the store in shock and walked directly over to "big time" jewelry store that startes with a Z and rhymes with whales:) and started trying on diamond rings. Bottom line the diamond nexus was better. Why? Quality was just as good, stone just as shiny, and had fewer imperfections which I immediately noticed in the Z store (rhymes with whales) and the price value doesn't even compare.

Hopefully this helps other couples out there. I am an average guy working a 9-5 job who just wants his future wife to have a nice ring. I just wanted to share my real life comparison test.
Thanks, Travis

1+ year ago

Great place I love my ring I'm so glad we went with them they're awesome

Services Used: Jewelry

I absolutely love my engagement and wedding rings from Nexus. They sprakle like the real thing and are so reasonably priced. I felt so good about spending money with them on such an important part of our day.

0.0

Diamond Nexus in Mayfair mall sold me a fake 1carrot ring after they told me it was real. Lucero Orozco explained to me it was real and even allowed me to have it appraised thru Diamond Nexus. I paid 986.00 for a ring that I js had reappraised this morning and it's worth only 100.00. The diamond is 15.00, I'm looking for a lawyer now. Can't talk to the people at Diamond Nexus the service is trashy. Good thing for me is My brothers recorded me buying the engagement ring. O yea, not to mention the fact that there is no AIG which they claim is on the ring.

Diamond Nexus responded with the following comments:

Hi Nicholas, My name is Cassie Weger and I am the Public Relations Coordinator at Diamond Nexus. I want to personally apologize about any miscommunication or misunderstanding at the time of purchase. We do not sell nor do we call our stones mined diamonds as they are diamond simulants. However, we do guarantee that you did purchase a high quality ring. Please feel free to email me personally at Cassie.weger@diamondnexus.com. I hope that we can resolve this issue and make your experience at Diamond Nexus a positive one! Best wishes on your upcoming nuptials, Cassie Weger.

Anonymous
0.9

Hi, I am the bride to be and the issues I've had with this ring has brought me to tears from both embarrassment and being extremely dissatisfied. As I type up this review my ring is making an obnoxious rattling noise because the main diamond is loose, again!

My fiance proposed to me this past Oct 2012 and I was so excited. At first glance the ring was beautiful. Within about 30 minutes I noticed the mil work on the sides of the ring was very poor.

When we got back from our week long trip my fiance called customer service but they said since it had been over 30 days since he originally purchased it he could not get his money back nor get a brand new one. All they could do is fix it at no cost. No cost being a lie since you have to pay for shipping. This was extremely embarrassing since I was newly engaged and our friends and family wondered where the ring was. It took 2 WEEKS from the time we sent it out to the time we got it back. I told people that i had to get it resized when they asked where my ring was.

When we received the ring back from DN I noticed that they tried to fix the mil work on the side but the quality was ok, still looked like an amateur jeweler worked on it. Literally within the next day the main diamond started to become loose again and rattle. Wow, was I upset. I talked to a customer representative and they said they can't do anything about it except return it back to them to get it fixed once more. I asked how can I expect DN to fix it when they didn't the first time? I can't keep returning it over and over again.

We had an engagement party after we received it from getting repaired so I could not send it back. Now with the holidays I can't

Diamond Nexus responded with the following comments:

Hello, My name is Jennifer London and I am the Social Media Coordinator for Diamond Nexus. I would like to offer my assistance. Please email me at your earliest convenience at jennifer.london@diamondnexus.com. with your name and the order number so that I can look into this for you. I understand that your engagement ring needs to be perfect and I want to help assure that the ring is repaired or remade, depending on what the issues are, so that your faith in Diamond Nexus is restored and you have a beautiful ring back on your hand and ready to show off every day. I would want the same from my engagement ring, which I actually own from our company. So you are in company by working with me. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Sincerely, Jennifer London, Social Media Coordinator, Diamond Nexus.

Anonymous
1+ year ago

My fiance was skeptical when I showed him Diamond Nexus. We live on the west coast and there are no stores here to visit. I have two pairs of stud earrings from DN and absolutely love them!! I wanted a diamond that I KNEW was conflict free. Luckily, he followed my lead and did some research of his own on DN. My ring is absolutely beautiful!!! I compared it to my grandma's $16,000 2 carat stone and you can't tell the difference. Needless to say my grandma was also shocked. The quality of the ring is great. It feels very sturdy and is great quality. My fiance also said that the customer service was great. He had purchased one ring that when he received it he didn't like it as much as he had online. He exchanged it without a problem. He surprised me with a beautiful ring and a beautiful proposal in the middle of the airport. Thank you Diamond Nexus for my amazing ring!!!!!

0.6

We ordered a ring from Diamond nexus and within 2 months one of the stones had fallen out. They say they will replace the stone for a nominal fee, but you will have to pay $35 for the remount, and $20 to ship it. I have owned lots of jewelry in my life and have NEVER had a stone fall out. I read reviews where others have run into this same problem. We where going to buy both of our wedding bands from them but after this experience I will never give them anymore of my money. We are going to purchase a ring from a real jeweler who takes pride and responsibility for their product.

Diamond Nexus responded with the following comments:

Dear Pamela, My name is Jennifer London and I am the Social Media Coordinator for Diamond Nexus. I wanted to reach out to you about your recent ring repair issues and the frustrations that you have dealt with. We do have a policy in place that completely covers all ring repairs within the first 30 days of owning the jewelry. Outside of that time frame, we do replace missing stones for a nominal fee. This is something that is common across the jewelry industry, as regular wear of rings and unforeseen occurrences and ring damage can occur with wear, depending on how jewelry is worn and what it might be exposed to. We strive to keep these fees quite low, to only offset our costs, not to make money off of our customers. Any jewelry, no matter where it has been purchased from, can loose stones, depending on the ring style and how it is worn. I am happy to look into your account history for you and assist you in getting your ring repaired. We value your business and want to restore your faith in Diamond Nexus and make sure that you have a beautiful ring on your finger that you can wear proudly. Please email me at jennifer.london@diamondnexus.com with your order number and name on the account and I promise to do everything in my power to guarantee your ring is repaired for you quickly and back in your possession as soon as possible. I look forward to working with you soon~ Jennifer London, Social Media Coordinator, Diamond Nexus.