Davis Deejays

Davis Deejays

Favorite
Annapolis, MD
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
0.0

The wedding in May 2016 we booked Davis Deejays in March 2015, June 29th we received a letter in the mail indicating they are closing their doors and wish us well............WTF we paid in full and they have turned off all phones & disabled all websites. I'm furious we don't have that type of money to waste which is why we went with what I thought was a long standing reputiable company. If anyone else is having this issue, please contact me to and let me know what you are doing. I paid by credit card thru my bank (cash) there is nothing they can do. My next step is to send them a cerified letter.

acj9a1
11/21/2015
1.0

GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!!!!! My event has not even occurred yet but today I received a letter saying that Bill Davis/Davis Deejays is going out of business by July 7, 2015. The letter contained nothing else including a refund of my full prepayment of $850!! As I was writing this review however the DJ assigned to my event called and said he would still do it at a reduced price. What a stand up guy, too bad he worked for someone who doesn't care or honor contracts. So don't be surprised if you reach out and don't hear anything!

1.0

scam alert. Took our full deposit and skipped town with it after mailing us a poorly written letter saying the company was going out of business due to the recession in 2009. RIGHT.... for all other victims of this coward his REAL NAME is Bill Halperin and he lives in annapolis Md.

1.0

They took my money and aRe now oUT of business! We have a contract that they broke! 3 months before my wedding!!! No refund! Do not book them!!!!!!

0.0

We booked Davis DJs at a great price for our wedding in September. Now three months before, we received a letter that they're going out of business and we need to find a new DJ. Also, there's no mention of a refund and their website and all their phone numbers are no longer working! We don't know how to get our money back which we prepaid completely in full! :(

0.0

I booked Davis DJs about a year ago for my wedding that is to take place in 1.5 months.
I just received a letter in the mail today stating that the company was going out of business and though we paid in full, there would be no refund. Not even a phone call was made to let me know, so I am lucky this letter wasn't lost in the mail, or I who knows when I would have figured this out!
Great news to a bride who is getting married in less than 2 months! Thanks Bill Davis.

0.0

They are going out of business and sent notification less than two months before my wedding. They stated I need to find a new DJ and did not mention a refund.

PerfectlyZen
0.0

Davis Deejays is going out of business and my fiance and I just found out thru a few sentences in a slip of mail -- as the other reviewer mentioned, we also noticed that there was no mentioning of any refund. Luckily, we contacted our payment vendor and they are starting an investigation on our behalf and I suggested other clients to do the same.

Bill, you are a scammer. At least have the decency to pick up the phone and apologize to your clients that you are going out of business. Instead the company takes down their website and disconnect all their contact information and hides behind a silly P.O Box.

I wish all the other clients best of luck in finding a replacement!

0.0

I would give this a negative rating if I could. We paid this vendor in FULL in October '14. The wedding is 4 weeks away, and my daughter just got a letter today saying that they were going out of business and would not be doing her wedding. Of course, no refund was included with the letter. Their website is shut down, the email is invalid and no one is answering the phone. BBB complaint and small claims court are in the very near future!!!

0.0

HELP: If you are looking for a DJ to help you out because they cancelled on you please contact nate@imthedj.net
He'll help you out with your wedding day

0.4

I feel the pain of every couple who booked and paid for their Dj with Davis Deejays as one of the Deejays we were leftthe same way as every client... I have reached out to all those that were booked to me and made an offer to cover the event at an very low rate.. anyone interested or needs help contact me on djbriand1@aol.com

Recently Married
1.0

HELP: If you are in need of a professional entertainment source please contact us at sme@smashing-entertainment.com we will offer discounts for brides that have booked through Davis DJ's. In the meantime please check out our Facebook and website!
www.smashing-entertainment.com
www.facebook.com/smashingentertainment
If we are available we will help. THANK YOU!

0.0

I booked this company in February and just received a letter on June 30th that they are going out of business and my wedding is in 17 days. I do not know what to do being as though I paid with my bank card. I am scrambling to find a DJ and I am unable to reach the owner of the company. I found a DJ from their company on Facebook and wrote him a message in hopes to finding out info on a refund (which was not mentioned in the letter) or if they would fulfill their contract.

0.5

As of July 1, 2015, Davis DeeJays is out of business. I have a wedding in less than 2 weeks and I did not get notification of their closing until this morning.

I signed a contract and paid in full with Davis Deejays in the middle of February for my July 11th wedding for a DJ, up lights, and a second smaller sound system to be used at the ceremony site. We picked the DJ from their list of people. In June, I got a call saying that our DJ was leaving the company so we needed to pick a new one. We picked a new DJ and asked if the company would include dance lights for the inconvenience, they said yes.

The morning of June 30, I got a call from the second DJ we had picked explaining that Davis DeeJays was out of business. He did not know how we could get in contact with Mr. Davis, head of Davis DeeJays (Davis Media Ltd.) or how we could receive our money back. He explained that he could still DJ our wedding with all the things Davis Deejays had promised, but we would have to pay him separately.

This is extremely unprofessional and caused extreme stress for us being less than 2 weeks away from the event. If you know of any way of contacting the company, please pass this information along. I hope this review helps someone else who has already booked with them as well.

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Davis dj's is awesome! Eddie was our dj. We had a duel set up, one for outside and one for inside during the reception. Eddie was very professional. He asked if he had questions but also just let things go with the flow. I was very impressed when he came in before we were introduced to make sure he had everyone's names and how to pronounce them. Eddie was very flexible as I still did not have a concrete timeline, he was totally okay with letting me just tell him when we Wanted to do things like the toasts and shoe dance. Davis DJ was a great value for our money. We saw them at a bridal show and were impressed by their professional approach. We will definitely recommend Davis in the future.

Services Used: DJ

Brian from Davis DeeJays was excellent! He was on top of everything! He knew how to get our guests involved and having fun, while still being professional. He made funny jokes that were appropriate and made everyone in the room feel comfortable. Brian kept the whole reception on time (he practically acted as our wedding planner), played just about everything from our playlist, and the up lighting was perfect! I received multiple compliments from my guests about him! I would recommend him to anyone needing a DJ for a wedding!

Bill from Davis DeeJays was very easy to book with and gave us a great deal! We booked during one of their promotions and received 50%off and free uplights. Always ask what promotions they have going on when you call, they usually run promos quite often.

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor