Castle Ladyhawke

Value:
(4.6 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I knew in February 2013 when we first visited the Castle that we were going to get married there. My then fiance (now husband for 5 days) and I completely fell in love the moment we visited. We rented the castle all weekend, along with both on site villages (what a fantastic place for family and friends!) It was an absolutely perfect weekend. Kim and Joy were amazing in our requests and assisted us with whatever we needed, with a smile on their faces. I am still on cloud 9 over our perfect wedding weekend, and hope I never come back down. It is seriously a dream come true. No words to explain it's beauty and views...not to mention the details involved around every corner. I want to live there!!!! I could not have asked for a more perfect venue. The pictures do not do it justice... just the feeling you get while you are there with the people you love the most is indescribable. Thank you for giving us the wedding of our dreams!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a small family only wedding and stayed the night in the Castle. It was a dream come true! They were so helpful in setting up everything exactly as we wanted and we could not have asked for a more beautiful venue. Every single detail in the decor of the castle makes it so authentic and amazing. Our pictures were amazing - everyone asked if we were at a location in Europe!! Some family also stayed in the Gypsy Camp and absolutely loved the cabins! It was so nice to have such a beautiful but remote venue that we had all to ourselves!! Thank you!!

• Wedding: 09/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Unforgettable venue! The castle is so romantic and has several sites for ceremony and reception. Joy was an amazing help throughout the entire process! Our pictures are incredible as well! :)

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Castle Ladyhawke was the perfect place for my Fairytale wedding. Kim, Joy and ALL the staff were GREAT!!! They were kind, courteous, professional, patient, friendly and accommodating. When the weather changed suddenly, the staff was extremely efficient and prompt in breaking down one area and setting it up for the ceremony in a matter of minutes. They are the BEST!! The Castle is absolutely breathtaking!! You really do not have to do a lot of decorating, because the Castle has its own natural beauty. The grounds are immaculate and there are hundreds of photo opportunities. The Castle can supply you with everything you need for your dream wedding. My day was perfect and everything I had ever dreamed of. Much appreciation to Kim, Joy and ALL the awesome staff of Castle Ladyhawke!!!

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What a place to have a wedding. Such a vast amount of different ideas can be implemented there. The staff went far beyond what they needed to to help me with this wedding. Our rental company was 6 hours late but when they finally did arrive ALL the staff at the Castle jumped right in, with out my asking, and helped get the dining room set up. I was overwhelmed with everyone there. If you are looking for a dream wedding this is the place to go.

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Oh my gosh, what's not to love about this gorgeous castle nestled in the most beautiful mountains on earth? I came across Castle Ladyhawke on a fluke, and I'm so glad I did. We rented the castle for the entire weekend, reserved all the cottages for our family members and just made a big ol' party of it. The castle staff is WONDERFUL, and the entire weekend was perfect. It was the most special weekend of my life, and I'll never forget it.

• Wedding: 11/23/2013
Christine
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We absolutely loved this place for our wedding! Incredible location, venue and staff!

• Wedding: 10/10/2013
Jameson
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The castle is beyond beautiful! It is the perfect place for a wedding and the staff is wonderful! They made my fairy tale a reality!

• Wedding: 09/27/2013
Katherine
  • Flexibility: 5.0

A fairy tale location, friendly personnel, everything was amazing!!!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kim and Joy were awesome. Venue speaks for itself! They set up vendor visits the first time we visited and that made the selection process easy. The caterer that nearly screwed up my wedding (elite catering) has been removed from their suggestions site so I believe the do their best to suggest quality responsible vendors! They are really good at answering questions and accommodating the brides needs.

• Wedding: 09/17/2013
Meghan
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wow!. I cannot say enough about the beauty of this place. My daughter wanted a fairy tale wedding and Ladyhawke made all of her dreams come true.
The setting is so unique. The entire staff are all pros and have the wedding business down to a fine art. They were so helpful with the planning process and were able to guide us in the right directions. Our guests have called, written and sought us out in person to tell us it was the most beautiful wedding they have attended.

• Wedding: 08/24/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My daughter just got married last weekend at Castle Ladyhawke. It was a wonderful experience. We were very fortunate that the weather cooperated with us and the ceremony was performed outside on the rear lawn, giving a background to the ceremony that could no way be manufactured. It was only the work of the Lord that could make something so beautiful. It was a long way for me to travel since I live in California, but she lived in a neighboring town. The grounds of the castle were very nicely kept, the interior of the castle was exquisite and accommodating, the staff was awesome to work with, so helpful and very very nice. Thank you Castle Ladyhawke.

• Wedding: 06/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Castle Ladyhawke is a beautiful location for a wedding. Because it is so nice, we hardly needed any additional decoration. Joy and her staff were so friendly and knowledgeable. They had great ideas to overcome just about any problem. I have received comments from our guests like "That wedding was absolutely perfect." "The wedding was like one you would see in the movies." "Best wedding I've ever been to." Because Joy and her staff were so helpful, as mother of the bride, there was no stress for any of us, except for the natural nerves of the bride and groom. Perfection. Thank you all at Castle Ladyhawke!

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Castle Ladyhawke was the perfect venue for our fairytale wedding. I put a deposit down on the Castle without even having visited, because the photos online blew me away - and their calendar fills up quickly. All I can say is that it was the best decision I could have made! In person, the Castle is even more beautiful and our wedding was everything I dreamt it would be.

The Castle's Great Hall was the perfect venue for our intimate evening wedding, with a reception afterwards on the beautiful back deck (with amazing views out from the mountain top), and then a plated dinner back in the Great Hall. (The fantastic Castle staff were able to re-set the Great Hall for dinner in less than an hour.)

We arrived early in the day with our wedding party and were able to feel right at home in the Castle -- there's a lovely bridal suite, a groom's suite, and a mother-in-law's suite (all of which are beautifully appointed down to the finest detail and HUGE -I was nervous about having too many people there as I was trying to get ready, but there was plenty of room for myself and my entire bridal party in the bridal suite.) There is also a great pub/game room, with a pool table and darts - where the boys were able to pass the time while we got ready!

But, though the Castle itself is wonderful, it is the owner and staff that truly makes Castle Ladyhawke so special. Right from the start, the Castle's owner, Kim, was there to answers my (Many!) questions. I was planning the wedding from out of town, based on one short visit to the Castle. So, having Kim to call and talk to throughout the planning process was invaluable. And the Castle attendant, Joy and her staff made the day of the wedding such a joy. They were wonderful at anticipating needs and making sure that everything flowed smoothly. I can't say enough wonderful things about them!

• Wedding: 05/18/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had the most beautiful venue for my wedding. All of our guests, including our own bridal and groom parties complimented us on our gorgeous castle wedding. This was the only wedding venue my now husband and I went to see in person. We were in love with everything about it. We knew that our photographs would be wonderful. We know that those photos are what we and our future children will have to look back on and that means a lot. We loved that the grounds were so green and alive and because of that, our photos were outstanding! Kim & all of the castle staff was very helpful and promptly replied to emails and phone calls. I am from SC, so having easy communications made the process much less stressful. I can't recommend a better venue for a beautiful and regal castle wedding in the NC mountains!

• Wedding: 05/09/2013
Katie
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I held our ceremony and wedding reception at Castle Ladyhawke. Throughout the planning process, Kim was always available via email to assist me with any questions or concerns. On the day of, Joy was amazing with helping things to run smoothly. It rained all day and it was colder than expected outside, so our ceremony and cocktail hour had to be moved indoors. It all worked out beautifully. My guests really enjoyed themselves as well as my husband and I! If you want a truly romantic and fairy tale wedding, do it at Castle Ladyhawke.

• Wedding: 05/04/2013
Amber
1 Review
828-894-0466
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7