Hart Square Village

Vale, NC View map

Located in Vale, North Carolina, Hart Square Village is a unique historic wedding destination. This property has the largest collection of heritage log cabins in the United States. In addition to log homes, the village has trade shops, a cotton gin, and more.

Facilities and Capacity

Four lakes, two chapels, an apple orchard, and many scenic outdoor locations feature across the 200-acre property. A modern construction, The Sigmon Family Education Center, can hold up to 300 guests within its 16,000 square feet. Inside, there are multiple getting-ready rooms, making this a great spot for weddings and other related occasions. Hart Square Village is approximately 20 minutes from Hickory, one hour from Charlotte, and an hour and a half from Asheville. Established in 2005, this property was first cemented in a preservation effort. What started as a personal collection of Dr. Bob and Becky Hart grew to amass many early American antiques and log buildings over fifty years. All of this was curated and displayed at their wildlife preserve, becoming Hart Square Village. In 2017, Dr. Bob and Becky Hart officially donated the village and everything in it to Hart Square Foundation. With an abundance of Appalachian antiques, authentically displayed for their profession and purpose in the nineteenth century, this village offers a true experience. From pewter spoons to butter churns and rope beds, everything is placed as it would have been those many years ago. On the property are a cotton gin, a print shop, a doctor’s office, a one-room schoolhouse, and countless artifacts.

Offering more than the exclusively maintained 100 structures and 200 acres of land, Hart Square Village also has an educational aspect. The foundation hosts year-round programs to share this collection with visitors near and far. Hart Square Village also holds an annual village festival, where crafts and trades of pioneer America are celebrated. A portion of the artisans in these events also engage in education-based field trips between October and April. For couples who are seeking something a bit different on their wedding day, this historic destination is sure to deliver.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$1,000

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$1,000

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$500

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$500

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Chairs
Clean Up
Parking
Set Up
Tables

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Museum
Park
Religious
Waterfront

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Clean Up
Event Planner
Event Rentals
Get Ready Rooms
Outside Vendors
Pet Friendly
Set Up
Wifi

What event items are available?

Altar/Arch
Chairs
Furniture
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

January
September
October
November
December

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January

Message vendor

• Heather
    Heather Married on 10/16/2021

Magical Fall Wedding

My husband and I had the most magical fall wedding here in October! We had the ceremony and reception in the new education center and allowed guests to visit in the village during the cocktail hour. It was even more beautiful than we could have ever imagined and exceeded our expectations! Our guests had such a great time. They have not stopped talking about it, (and neither have we). Family and friends are already planning to come back for Hart Square's Christmas event. It is so special that this place is so much more than a wedding venue. They have an inspiring mission to preserve history and connect it to the present. The property is breath-taking and so serene. Rebecca is extremely accommodating and easy to work with. She goes above and beyond to ensure your dreams come true. Words do not do this place justice. You have to experience it for yourself. Do not hesitate to schedule a tour here or go to an event. You will fall in love!
    Morgan S. Married on 10/14/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Rustic, antique, & now modern as well!

I absolutely LOVE Hart Square! It is such a special place for my family! My husband and I have had our engagement pictures taken in the village, our wedding photos, and most recently had our baby showers there as well. The village is an admirable place with loads of history with each cabin. The ponds are beautiful and the chapels near the pond make for a beautiful venue and backdrop in pictures. The most recent modern day build of the education center is where we had one of our baby showers and it is what dreams are made of! I’d renew my vows again to have my wedding in the new venue! If you’re into history, nature, rustic, & serenity- this is your place! Between the village and the new venue, your wants will be met! Rebecca is so easy to work with and went above & beyond expectations to help accommodate and offer her expert advice!

We can’t wait to take our new family photos here too!
illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

Pricing

Team

Rebecca Hart
Rebecca Hart
Executive Director

Hi, I am Rebecca and I manage the historic programming, events, and fundraising at Hart Square. I worked with a great team while overseeing the construction and furnishing of the Education Center, and have worked at Hart Square for 8 years. My favorite part of the job is working with our amazing volunteers who demonstrate all the traditional pioneer crafts.

A little about me...I got married during Covid and had my church cancel 2 weeks before my wedding. It all worked out and we planned a whole new beautiful, simple, and small wedding in two weeks. I know firsthand how stressful weddings can be (pandemic or not) and understand the importance of flexibility and a calm demeanor.

Looking forward to meeting you. Feel free to email me direct to get the quickest response: rebecca@hartsquare.com

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
5055 Hope Road Vale, NC, 28168

Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Other special scheduled events)
Location of (Hart Square Village)

Other vendors in Charlotte for your wedding

Wedding Venues